Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even IF I thought MT played no role in JD's disappearance at all, I still would have no sympathy for her, nor would I have any respect for her. You may ask me why I feel that way and my answer would be, it doesn't say much for a woman who has a relationship with a married man who has 5 children, AND whose wife and 5 children are still residing in the same home as the husband is, that's #1. #2 would be, then to move in with this man AND bring your daughter with you!

There are other reasons I have also. However, to me, these are 2 of the main reasons I would show her no respect, nor any sympathy, ever. Nope, nada, not in this lifetime.

JMO, MOO

Maybe the school would have been a bit more tolerant of MT's "situation" if the Dulos children had not attended that same school prior to their move to NC. JD was an active and engaged parent so a lot of parents probably knew and liked her. Maybe they were appalled when MT and FD started prancing around town together but when they were arrested in connection with JD's disappearance, that was just a bridge too far.

How do you send your kid off to school every day knowing that she is going to be walking the gauntlet for something that YOU did?

MOO
I believe that MT daughter now attends a different school than where the Dulos went when they lived in Farmington - the Family Court documents had the quote that I believe you are referring to but it references an earlier time period I believe and apparently it was FD that proposed that all the children attend the same school. MT daughter is now in a private all girls school in Simsbury, CT. MOO

Last edited:
I believe that MT daughter now attends a different school than where the Dulos went when they lived in Farmington - the Family Court documents had the quote that I believe you are referring to but it references an earlier time period I believe and apparently it was FD that proposed that all the children attend the same school. MT daughter is now in a private all girls school in Simsbury, CT. MOO
Thanks @afitzy, I didn't realize this was a different school.

I am thinking it's already been decided where her daughter will go to school. It's mid August already. And her mother's life hangs in the balance. She doesn't even have a home in CT when you think about it.
I wonder about the Dulos children, too.
Surely plans are in place. Wondering if they will go to school in NYC. Seems appropriate doesn't it?
MOO.

I am thinking it's already been decided where her daughter will go to school. It's mid August already. And her mother's life hangs in the balance. She doesn't even have a home in CT when you think about it.
I wonder about the Dulos children, too.
Surely plans are in place. Wondering if they will go to school in NYC. Seems appropriate doesn't it?
MOO.
I bet they go to St Ann’s like their Mom

Being snobby might be in play for some of the parents. Another factor, and IMO, greater concern would be the undesirable presence of the media near the school and at the school's events.

Hopefully, the parents at this school would not condemn the child because one of her parents is, at this point, "accused" of a crime. Of much greater concern would be the unwarranted publicity and increased, intrusive traffic the media and photographers could generate, especially if news breaks in the case. This would be disruptive to the learning and social environment and to MT's daughter as well.

I’m surprised “dashing Olympic skier” hasn’t filed for full custody.
If he does happen to show up in court for this week’s proceeding, I can’t imagine that he will be candid. It just does not appear to be in his nature. Or in his best interest, from his perspective.

Plead the Fifth. It’s all over.

Fotis Dulos’ lawyer asks judge to deny gag order request

Police should put up or shut up in the case of Fotis Dulos, his lawyer said in a legal filing Monday opposing a request from a prosecutor for a gag order in the case.
“If the State genuinely believes it has the evidence to support an arrest of Mr. Dulos, it should come forward with it,” the lawyer, Norm Pattis, wrote in a memo filed Monday that targeted police leaks in the case.
“Mr. Dulos denies any involvement in the disappearance of his wife,” Pattis said. “He has the right to respond to damaging public comments fueled in large part by the warrant filed on existing charges and the sotto voce whispering of tattle-tale officers whispering innuendo to eager reporters. To expect, much less to order, Mr. Dulos and his counsel to remain silent would be grievous error.”
BBM: Oh, the drama! Give me a break. And really disingenuous. Who is he talking to that has any sense? Since there is no gag order yet Norm, and your client is so very innocent, I am waiting to hear the explanation for the Odyssey of Stupidity. The explanation you claim to have. A good laugh would start the day off right.

I know it is unpopular but I see this as Norm doing what he needs to do for his client. LE has held the cards for awhile now and Norm is jumping out of his skin.
Someone asked earlier how long the present charges can last.
Anybody have an answer for that?
Ugh. I don't think he's helping. JMO.

Speedy Trials in Connecticut | DeMatteo Legal Solutions
The federal court system and each state have their own laws. In some, the time requirements apply unless waived by the defendant. In others, such as Connecticut, one must assert the speedy trial right.
Connecticut law provides that criminal trials commence no later than a year after charges are filed or the defendant is arrested, whichever is later.

Plead the Fifth. It’s all over.[/QUOTE]

Pleading the fifth is different in a civil trial, if I remember correctly. In a criminal case, the judge or jury are not supposed to interpret the silence negatively, or draw conclusions about what be be unsaid. In a civil trial, they can draw reasonable conclusions about what was unsaid.

If the prosecution asks, “did you open the cookie jar and remove a cookie?” in a criminal trial and the defendant refuses to answer, the judge and jury evaluate the evidence as if the question were never asked..

In a civil trial, they can make inferences - such as the answer is probably yes or the defendant would have answered- especially if there is other info such as a trail of crumbs to the defendants bedroom.

MOO- I’m not a legal expert.

Even IF I thought MT played no role in JD's disappearance at all, I still would have no sympathy for her, nor would I have any respect for her. You may ask me why I feel that way and my answer would be, it doesn't say much for a woman who has a relationship with a married man who has 5 children, AND whose wife and 5 children are still residing in the same home as the husband is, that's #1. #2 would be, then to move in with this man AND bring your daughter with you!

There are other reasons I have also. However, to me, these are 2 of the main reasons I would show her no respect, nor any sympathy, ever. Nope, nada, not in this lifetime.

JMO, MOO

I agree with you. Believe it or not, my ex did the same thing. He asked me to let his girlfriend move into our house with our two young sons so he could “protect” her while she left her husband.

I left.

He is now married to her.

I’ll never get over it TBH. Single now for over 10 years.

I agree with you. Believe it or not, my ex did the same thing. He asked me to let his girlfriend move into our house with our two young sons so he could “protect” her while she left her husband.

I left.

He is now married to her.

I’ll never get over it TBH. Single now for over 10 years.

My husband and I know a guy who was cheating on his wife (one of many times), with a mother of two children. At one point, he asked his wife to allow his girlfriend and her children to move into their house-of course his wife said “hell no”. She didn’t leave him, though, and now that he is dead (she didn’t kill him, I swear), he was the best husband and father that ever lived. How do men ever think they are going to pull stuff like this off? So there are at least 3 men (your husband, my husband’s teammate, and FD) that we know of who thought this might fly...in what universe?

I did not know this...this has to be a Christian school by the name..I thought she was raised Jewish, but had to give up her faith when married to FD..please advise..thanks!!
St Ann’s is a really hippy elite school in the Heights you don’t have to be Christian to go there
JDs parents were big patrons and sat on the board
I don’t think she was raised Jewish since she talks about celebrating Christmas before she was married in her blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faefawn