Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder about Norm Pattis taking FD's case(s), and the kind of lawyer he appears to be and kind of clients he selects based on his statements to the media and motions filed/withdrawn/filed/withdrawn, etc. on FD's behalf, and his 'self-proclaim' on his website that his firm:
"... focuses on serious felonies including violent felonies, white collar crimes, sex offenses, drug crimes, and misconduct by lawyers, doctors, and government officials. "
About | Norm pattis

Sounds like NP likes to go to bat legally for people who commit 'serious felonies'.

If FD is the sociopath/psychopath/narcissist criminal he appears to be, he seems to have found a kindred spirit in NP... perhaps NP is one half of a 'folie a deux' and uses this 'jumping in' with his clients' delusions instead of questioning them as a defense strategy? Like he really gets inside their heads and becomes one with these felons... MOO

(BBM):
"Folie à deux, shared psychosis,[2] or shared delusional disorder (ETA acronym SDD) is a psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief and sometimes hallucinations[3][4]are transmitted from one individual to another.[5]
[... ]
The disorder was first conceptualized in 19th-century French psychiatry by Charles Lasègue and Jean-Pierre Falret and is also known as Lasègue-Falret syndrome.[3][6] The term is from French for "madness of two".
[ ... ]
This syndrome is most commonly diagnosed when the two or more individuals concerned live in proximity and may be socially or physically isolated and have little interaction with other people.
[ ... ]
The current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders states that a person cannot be diagnosed as being delusional if the belief in question is one "ordinarily accepted by other members of the person's culture or subculture" (see entry for delusion). It is not clear at what point a belief considered to be delusional escapes from the folie à... diagnostic category and becomes legitimate because of the number of people holding it."
[ ... ]
No-one knows what causes SDD exactly but stress and social isolation are the main contributors.[12] When we are socially isolated the few people we do talk to become very important to us, and therefore they are seen as more trustworthy, so when an inducer is sharing their delusions, the second person is more likely to believe them. Additionally, since they are socially isolated people developing shared delusional disorder do not have others reminding them that their delusions are either impossible or not likely and are therefore more likely to develop SDD. In fact, the treatment for shared delusional disorder is for the person to be removed for the inducer and seek additional treatment if necessary.[13]

Stress is also a factor because it triggers mental illness. The majority of people that develop shared delusional disorder are genetically predisposed to mental illness, however this predisposition ( i.e. genes for schizophrenia that need to be activated) is not enough to develop a mental disorder. However, when that person becomes stressed their adrenal gland releases the stress hormone cortisol into the body which released increased levels of dopamine in their brain and changes in dopamine levels are linked to mental illness.[14] As a result, stress puts one at a heightened risk of developing a psychological disorder such as shared delusional disorder.
[ ... ]

Folie à deux - Wikipedia

Pattis recently defended an employee of the Whiting Forensic Institute, an institution which houses and cares for mentally ill people. The employee, Mark Cusson, was a head nurse there, and was one of several employees who have been convicted, as Cusson was, of abuse of a patient. He defended a guy who was absolutely going to be convicted, and at the end of it, said that he was sentenced to too much time. Every accused person is entitled to an adequate defense, but I do wonder why he doesn’t gravitate, sometimes, to defendants who have a chance at acquittal, or even may actually be wrongfully accused. I’m sure he hasn’t lost all of his cases, but his high profile ones don’t appear to have been successes for him.

Remember, FO quit his job at Cap Gemini immediately After the wedding to JD in August of 2004, and then FO created/filed FORE Group in October/November of 2004 according to the BBB.

I highly doubt FD would have done all this unless the marriage to JD was Written in Stone in August of 2004.

It is very possible that the marriage info that Brown put out was not exactly correct. Brown may have Received the information in February 2005 and mistakenly put it in the list as Married in 2005.

Also, FO went to Columbia from 1995-1997, Before First Wife (FW) came into the picture. FW was at Brown during this time, 1995-1999.

It is possible, that once FO was separated from FW, he moved into the city to be closer to his job at Cap Gemini, leaving his mother in the Canton, CT home.

Therefore FO could correctly say that he was indeed living in Manhattan when he reached out to JD.

IMO

This rings a bell...Didn't FD have an apartment/hotel room that he kept for many years?

Let me look back at an old thread...

thekirbyfamily took a pic of that restaurant

here's thekirbyfamilys post about it
And the best for last:
Remember someone asking about the possibility of their being private garbage service at the site? Directly next to the Spanish restaurant which shares the building with the store are two large trash dumpsters. There is also another trash can that the man with the bike is standing by. It looks a little different from the city ones but I can't really tell. Those "dumpsters" made me think. Going all the way back to the days of Manson and his girls dumpster diving for food...I don't think people call someone looking in a trash can a dumpster diver, doesn't that usually imply someone has climbed inside the dumpster and is moving things about as they dig? I could be wrong here but did LE, the media, or just us here call him a dumpster diver? Remember when we were discussing here why anyone would put a bloody pillow and knife in just a trash can? Or why someone like drug guy would just reach into a garbage can without being able to see what he was grabbing? Maybe that's because the pillow and knife weren't in a trash can but instead in one of these dumpsters. Maybe drug guy wasn't reaching blindly into a trash can but was fully inside the dumpster. Does anyone know if LE, the media, or if it was just us here that used the terms "dumpster diving" or "dumpster diver?" Because if it was said by LE or a quote from them was given to the media,meant I'd be willing to bet it was done to send a message to FD that we know it all...even what you put in the dumpster. Then again and according to Patti's, maybe there wasn't all these stops with bags deposited at various garbage cans, maybe it was just the dumpsters that had it all in them. Or maybe other stops were made as setup/decoy stops. In MOO
And the best for last:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/img_20190806_144415311_burst000_cover_top-jpg.197205/

I think of 'dumpster diving' as an all encompassing term for going through the garbage. Like, traveling up and down the street going through both garbage cans and dumpsters.

Even in the @thekirbyfamily pic you can even see what looks like a dumpster diver stopped right in front of the small garbage can there there. Additionally, I think these divers like to claim their 'turf', so to speak, so LE might have a good idea of who the regulars are in this section of Albany Ave. If LE doesn't, bethca the other divers would know whose turf that is! I feel like that is how the streets work.

In reality, there is probably a good amount of evidence just floating around the streets of Hartford but I hope LE has been able to track some of it down!!

BTW....If you all have some down time, look for videos on YT. Can't link here but I searched Albany Ave. Hartford and the like came up with some doozies! Nothing helpful to the case but certainly a feel for the area.

So glad this isn't the HC! I can read it.
In the past I have often talked about the ripple effect of these terrible crimes.
One heinous person that drags down and sucks the life out of so many people.
The five young Dulos children , first and foremost, aching for their mother.
Now, we see the families in NC suffering, too.

All their little buddies , young ones to tweens, trying to figure it out. How sad is that? In this day and age one just can't protect them from it. It's all out there. And, I suspect the tweens have been in contact with their friends. One just can't cut them off from it.

Loved the statement that the investigation continues unabated.

In this article and in NP's filing it is clear that the former employee was not interviewed in FD's house.

And, last but not least, Mr. Norm is the reason for his client being in the news.

LE has said little and MSM has backed off , IMO.

The timeframe of the marriage was interesting.

Even though we never found a clipping from NYT Weddings (thought this was odd), we did find other accounts that it was a sizable event at the Met Club I believe.

IMO Met Club weddings don't come together quickly (certainly not month or two but maybe they were motivated?).

NEWS AND NOTES - Brown Class of 2002

• afitzy said:
    NYP Article:
    https://nypost.com/2019/06/22/lawye...orchestrated-her-own-gone-girl-disappearance/

Quotes from article:
    "Jennifer, who grew up in New York City, went on to earn her masters in writing from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts. Fotis had a brief marriage to another Brown grad which ended in July 2004"[BBM].

"He and Jennifer eventually reunited and married in August 2004 [BBM], staging an opulent wedding at the Metropolitan Club in New York". [Was this an error on the part of NYP and actual date was 8/05 and NOT 8/04?]

"According to the Brown classmate, “It was big and grand and it was old New York and that’s the way Hill [Jennifer’s late father] was. [He] had a big, generous personality and the wedding reflected that.”

"According to the family source, Jennifer’s “family didn’t really know what to make of Fotis.”
    This link from Brown says they were married in February of 2005, I think. It’s in the November/December 2015 section, look for “DJ Paul” at the beginning of a small paragraph where it’s referenced.

Dmcp, Jul 5, 2019Report

• JmooseWell-Known Member

This link from Brown says they were married in February of 2005, I think. It’s in the November/December 2015 section, look for “DJ Paul” at the beginning of a small paragraph where it’s referenced.
    Yes-this is what I was talking about. I don’t know if there is really any significance to the timing; except that, for me, I’d rather think JD wasn’t going to take the chance that she’s planned a big fancy wedding, and the divorce may not be final yet on her wedding day-a month would be cutting it way too close for me

Jmoose, Jul 5, 2019Report
    #102Unlike

• afitzyWell-Known Member

Yes, that's the way I read it too.

So, FD marriage 1 divorce was 7/04 and JD/FD 2nd marriage was 2/05 at the Metropolitan Club in NYC. Oddly I didn't find an announcement in the NYTs. Did anyone find the announcement?

JD I believe said she 'ran into' FD at Aspen airport a year before they got married and then he contacted her 6 months after the 'chance' encounter at Aspen airport. She said they were both living downtown in NYC at the time they 'reconnected'. Wonder when FD moved from Canton, CT (believed he lived there with wife 1) to NYC? Coincidence or not that he was back in the city? Or, did he move back to the city to go to grad school?

afitzy, Jul 5, 2019Report

• citygirlWell-Known Member

Yes-this is what I was talking about. I don’t know if there is really any significance to the timing; except that, for me, I’d rather think JD wasn’t going to take the chance that she’s planned a big fancy wedding, and the divorce may not be final yet on her wedding day-a month would be cutting it way too close for me
    I find it interesting. Her parents were Upper East side residents for many years. We learn through a friend that she had an opulent wedding in the city.
    Yet nothing in the N Y Times?

In the whole scheme of things it really doesn't matter.

The poor girl is missing and those that love her are in anguish.
I usually cringe when reading my old posts but this one is okay.:D.

Chemistry and calm, then loneliness and turbulence in the marriage of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos
Jennifer and Fotis, both graduates from Brown University, married in 2004. In an apparent bio on a Patch site, Jennifer describes herself as a former writer from New York “doing journalism, essays, plays and screenplays, and is currently finishing a novel.” She has a bachelor’s degree from Brown University and a masters in writing from NYU's Tisch School of the Arts.

*I think in 2004 the wedding was in West Orange and in 2005 they had a reception in NY. I don't know if they exchanged vows there also.
*A member of Three Six Mafia was at the 2005 reception
You are the best! I remember researching this and you are right!
On account of being kinda a senior citizen I had to google
3 6 Mafia. MOO.

Where is this picture of 'boat key'? Not seeing it. Thanks

920x920.jpg

Key on bottom right.

Vanished AFTER proof of co-conspiracy. Can’t breach privilege to get to, investigate or prove co-conspiracy. If LE can prove lawyer somewhere else that morning through office, court, sightings, pings, great. Can pursue false alibi. But lawyer has not made any comments about meeting. Any tidbit of info could be the break LE needs to pursue co-conspiracy. And still, guy would plead the Fifth. He’ll stay silent.
There is a burden of proof, but it is not a difficult one to overcome. Believe me, this attorney is not the first one to be implicated in a crime. Just think back to the 2008 mortgage fraud prosecutions and you will find the names of attorneys literally littered among federal mortgage fraud indictments. Many of those lawyers pled and ended up testifying against their clients. Not that uncommon.

This attorney does continue to have an independent 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination himself, but IMO that attorney client privilege claim will not stand if this attorney was planning to provide a fake alibi. If he understands he is the cross-hairs, perhaps he will get smart and hire the very best attorney he can afford to commence preliminary conversations with the State. There are very well-respected attorneys who specialize in exactly these type of situations. It starts with an informal proffer and goes from there in a more formalized fashion.

It is an art, it is true, but you have to understand that over 90-95% of all criminal prosecutions end in a plea of guilty. Good lawyers, experienced lawyers, are quite adept at navigating the process and getting the best disposition available for their clients. If what has been reported in the newspaper is true, and I believe it is, this lawyer is in big, bad trouble.

A conspiracy to obstruct justice has to be proven by only an agreement and one single act, even a lawful act. If these two met and discussed the fake alibi (agreement) and followed it up with a phone call (act), this attorney needs to undertake every available effort to cover himself. Whether he chooses to do so, remains entirely within his control, at least for now.

Not to descend to the weeds too much, but I suspect things are beginning to align and LE's investigation is becoming even more narrowly focused.

I think of 'dumpster diving' as an all encompassing term for going through the garbage. Like, traveling up and down the street going through both garbage cans and dumpsters.

Even in the @thekirbyfamily pic you can even see what looks like a dumpster diver stopped right in front of the small garbage can there there. Additionally, I think these divers like to claim their 'turf', so to speak, so LE might have a good idea of who the regulars are in this section of Albany Ave. If LE doesn't, bethca the other divers would know whose turf that is! I feel like that is how the streets work.

In reality, there is probably a good amount of evidence just floating around the streets of Hartford but I hope LE has been able to track some of it down!!

BTW....If you all have some down time, look for videos on YT. Can't link here but I searched Albany Ave. Hartford and the like came up with some doozies! Nothing helpful to the case but certainly a feel for the area.
BBM.
Never occurred to me but I bet you are dead on.
Street life. Fascinating.
MOO.
Off to YT.

I have to wonder about Norm Pattis taking FD's case(s), and the kind of lawyer he appears to be and kind of clients he selects based on his statements to the media and motions filed/withdrawn/filed/withdrawn, etc. on FD's behalf, and his 'self-proclaim' on his website that his firm:
"... focuses on serious felonies including violent felonies, white collar crimes, sex offenses, drug crimes, and misconduct by lawyers, doctors, and government officials. "
About | Norm pattis

Sounds like NP likes to go to bat legally for people who commit 'serious felonies'.

If FD is the sociopath/psychopath/narcissist criminal he appears to be, he seems to have found a kindred spirit in NP... perhaps NP is one half of a 'folie a deux' and uses this 'jumping in' with his clients' delusions instead of questioning them as a defense strategy? Like he really gets inside their heads and becomes one with these felons... MOO

(BBM):
"Folie à deux, shared psychosis,[2] or shared delusional disorder (ETA acronym SDD) is a psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief and sometimes hallucinations[3][4]are transmitted from one individual to another.[5]
[... ]
The disorder was first conceptualized in 19th-century French psychiatry by Charles Lasègue and Jean-Pierre Falret and is also known as Lasègue-Falret syndrome.[3][6] The term is from French for "madness of two".
[ ... ]
This syndrome is most commonly diagnosed when the two or more individuals concerned live in proximity and may be socially or physically isolated and have little interaction with other people.
[ ... ]
The current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders states that a person cannot be diagnosed as being delusional if the belief in question is one "ordinarily accepted by other members of the person's culture or subculture" (see entry for delusion). It is not clear at what point a belief considered to be delusional escapes from the folie à... diagnostic category and becomes legitimate because of the number of people holding it."
[ ... ]
No-one knows what causes SDD exactly but stress and social isolation are the main contributors.[12] When we are socially isolated the few people we do talk to become very important to us, and therefore they are seen as more trustworthy, so when an inducer is sharing their delusions, the second person is more likely to believe them. Additionally, since they are socially isolated people developing shared delusional disorder do not have others reminding them that their delusions are either impossible or not likely and are therefore more likely to develop SDD. In fact, the treatment for shared delusional disorder is for the person to be removed for the inducer and seek additional treatment if necessary.[13]

Stress is also a factor because it triggers mental illness. The majority of people that develop shared delusional disorder are genetically predisposed to mental illness, however this predisposition ( i.e. genes for schizophrenia that need to be activated) is not enough to develop a mental disorder. However, when that person becomes stressed their adrenal gland releases the stress hormone cortisol into the body which released increased levels of dopamine in their brain and changes in dopamine levels are linked to mental illness.[14] As a result, stress puts one at a heightened risk of developing a psychological disorder such as shared delusional disorder.
[ ... ]

Folie à deux - Wikipedia
Thanks for this! Folie à deux! Blast from the past of abnormal psychology. What a thought, nightmare actually!

It's a possible (non drug or liquor induced) explanation for the motion filed today by No Case Norm IMO! Pure shared delusion and nobody in Pattisville told No Case Norm the motion made little sense (or provided proof reading assistance)!

I had originally thought that FO and No Case Norm were pounding tequila shots when Pattis wrote the motion filed today but now I back up that idea entirely and think maybe instead they were sipping a nice barolo and smoking cigars (or something) while Pattis was composing his motion. Pattis and FO as indistinguishable evil conjoined twins with a single mind is something that certainly bears consideration as an adversary for the State.

Carrying the idea of Folie à duex with Pattis and FO through this case brings visions to my mind that I simply cannot yet imagine playing out in real courtroom life in CT.

It will be a wild and scary ride but I believe that justice for JD will happen.

MOO MOO MOO

Still, I must say, your closing arguments were astounding. Better than most anything I've seen in a courtroom. I bookmarked the logical fallacy sites. I've been aware of that term but very interested to see it all explained and all the different kinds. Thanks for shedding light.

Lol! Thanks! I’m glad they were helpful! :)

Remember, FO quit his job at Cap Gemini immediately After the wedding to JD in August of 2004, and then FO created/filed FORE Group in October/November of 2004 according to the BBB.

I highly doubt FD would have done all this unless the marriage to JD was Written in Stone in August of 2004.

It is very possible that the marriage info that Brown put out was not exactly correct. Brown may have Received the information in February 2005 and mistakenly put it in the list as Married in 2005.

Also, FO went to Columbia from 1995-1997, Before First Wife (FW) came into the picture. FW was at Brown during this time, 1995-1999.

It is possible, that once FO was separated from FW, he moved into the city to be closer to his job at Cap Gemini, leaving his mother in the Canton, CT home.

Therefore FO could correctly say that he was indeed living in Manhattan when he reached out to JD.

IMO
Its strange though that JD in one of her blog posts said FO lived just a few blocks from her in the Village I believe. This info doesn't line up with the 5th location unless its possibly lower 5th. Do you have an address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13