Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally completely caught up again! Sorry that I’m going back about 28 pages (to something that’s likely irrelevant), but I just had to mention something I came across. While I do find quite a few similarities between FO & DJ Paul of Three 6 Mafia (*cough* sketchy financial decisions), the Brown University Alumni Mag was probably referencing this DJ Paul... —> D.J. Paul - Co-Chairman - CFIRA - Crowdfund Intermediary Regulatory Advocates

This mix up is pretty interesting, considering the crowdsourcing that @andalso & @MemPat were mentioning a couple pages back. The DJ Paul that attended the Dulos wedding seems to be an expert in the crowdfunding scene.

MOO (& a pic for further insight)
HaHa! Great catch and totally logicial that you have the correct DJ Paul here! We were having alot of fun with the 3 6 Mafia though!

Perhaps FO is using this DJ Paul to mobilize the Greek contingent in Athens in order to crowd fund his legal defense and pay Pattisville?

Hysterical. There were mentions of a few relatives in JD's blog posts. I can go back and look. But no reference to Uncle/Cap'n George, is my recollection.
Here is a pic of Rena (wrote the first letter for FO) and Rear Admiral (wrote or signed second letter IMO written by Pattis for FO):RenaKyrimi.png

Last edited:
Thank you, @sds71 ! Correct more if I'm wrong... did GF's brother marry Liz Claiborne?
Here is obit of GF Brother to confirm: https://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/05/business/arthur-ortenberg-a-liz-claiborne-founder-dies-at-87.html

Quote from article:
"Mr. Ortenberg had homes in Manhattan, Fire Island and Montana. In addition to his son, he is survived by his daughter, Nancy Ortenberg; his stepson, Alexander Schultz; his sister, Gloria Farber; [BBM] three grandchildren; and his partner, Cathy Horyn, who until recently was a fashion critic for The Times".

@gitana1 I believe is in CA and if I recall even she has been somewhat surprised by certain things in CT. I hate to characterize her stmts but I believe it was the unregulated fees of the GAL that were shocking to her as CA has strictly regulated schedules for fees etc. CA is another world compared to CT IMO.

To your point of why this process just keeps rolling along and motions just keep showing up, I hate to say it but its the money. Money for lawyers, Money for GAL, Money for Experts etc. Think just about GAL fees of $300,000 per annun. That is more than many avg. people make over a course of many many years.

We saw the Rear Admiral from Greece yesterday, who IMO was out of his 'shipping lane', comment on his pension of 1,500 euros/month vs. legal fees close to $2,000,000 A YEAR FOR ONE SIDE! It was a totally illogical statement in my mind and was typical Pattisville stmt that was designed to confuse and deceive. But EVEN SO, when wealthy people divorce in CT its not at all unusual to see these fees and motions go on and on when a contested divorce is in court.

The Tauck case cited by the "Pattis/Rear Admiral" yesterday was a classic case but there are many many more. Little of this happens with uncontested divorces or with people that have no cash to spend IMO. The money fuels the system and is depleting estates and also cannot be used for childrens needs. Its a sad state of affairs and IMO hasn't gotten enough press and play from politicians. What is particularly shocking is that all this money circulates within a relatively small group of people as CT is a very small state. There is no mystery as to why we see GAL Meehan routinely show up in a $4,000 Brioni suit and $1,000+ custom shoes and driving a very very expensive car! Meehan IMO has found a profitable niche in the CT system where attys make alot for IMO doing very little. Would Meehan by virtue of education and legal talent command such fees in the competitive market of NYC law? IMO most definately NOT!

FD could not have easily abused the CT legal system without money or someone such as KM fueling his access to the courts. But reading through the civil case documents in particular and how attys don't even hold their own clients to court orders in their responses IMO really has been eye opening on how lax the actual enforcement has been from the bench. IMO if these issues aren't addressed by the judiciary then zero will change. CT Judiciary has been resistant to change for many many years. The recent July 2019 meeting of CT Family Court Judges to work on some of the issues was encouraging but it took so much activisim (Fathers Groups in particular along with DV groups) IMO that its even crazy to think about!

IMO if the money in this case stopped or was cut off things in court would dramatically change. I do think the Greek Benefactor money being sent to Pattisville should be investigated as my guess is its either FD money being recycled or possibly tainted funds. If the money isn't cut off or stopped then these legal cases simply follow along the path of escalation IMO. Personally I don't see how FD wins in either Family Court or Civil Court so other than his desire to torment GF I'm not sure why his atty's don't just give up. The last response from FD in civil court with the requested discovery was probably the most unprofessional documents I've seen an atty put their name to in quite awhile. IMO many attys would not let their clients submit such responses to the court. So, I have my eye firmly on Atty Murray as the lastest member of the 'bad boys of CT Law' and new member of Pattisville as based on this last filing in Civil Court he is fitting in just fine with the Crew!

CT is right over the border from NY/NYC but in many respects a totally different world and a throwback to another era. I'm glad a light is being placed on the CT courts but little has changed in CT judiciary in over a 100 years and that is because once this case and the press on it leave, things will go back to normal. Sad that I cannot be more optimistic but as they say, "Hartford is Hartford" and the judiciary is run from Hartford by a smallish group of senior judges.

Hope this helps explain the small world in Hartford and the cabal within the judiciary that controls things. Anytime/most times I get angry about a Judge in this case I try to remember this and realize that Judge Heller is simply a cog in the wheel of justice in CT and virtually powerless to do much other than process the motions the best she can within the system as designed by Hartford. Its sad too that we now have both sides in the Family Court case with motions to dismiss GAL Meehan and for whatever reason he is still present. God, its depressing to write this but sadly I believe it and its just my POV from watching this play out over and over again.
.....................................................................................
I am so grateful that you are here.
All the years I lived in CT I had no clue about so many things you have researched.
This board is a pleasure.
A host of really smart people.
@andalso . I am working hard at reading for content today. Can't believe I missed that one! :p

ITA, bizarre!! FD looks like he is posing for a menswear ad.
What if FD with his new nose and plumped up skin had a personal photographer who happened to also have a newspaper credential so he can follow FD into restricted areas to get all kinds of one-of-a-kind photos.
How much do media outlets pay for photos these days??? Wonder what book deals with never been seen before photos are worth? Think they’re worth more if MSM isn’t always as accurate as one hopes. Inquiring minds want to know.

What if FD with his new nose and plumped up skin had a personal photographer who happened to also have a newspaper credential so he can follow FD into restricted areas to get all kinds of one-of-a-kind photos.
How much do media outlets pay for photos these days??? Wonder what book deals with never been seen before photos are worth? Think they’re worth more if MSM isn’t always as accurate as one hopes. Inquiring minds want to know.
Yep, and the cost of the inside 'scoop' is that 1/2 of book proceeds get wired to Cyprus? Totally see it. We will have to wait and see. MOO

Never thought of it falling this way, @Jen3135 , but, yeah! (Sadly)
I agree completely.

I think his "chance" encounter with JD in Aspen and also NYC was premeditated.

I don't he was a stalker like described in that article (someone obsessed with an ex girlfriend, who doesn't want the relationship to end so he obsessively stalks her).

FD was worse. I think it's likely he prospected well to do women as his target and his first wife fell into that category. Somewhere along the way he got wind of JD's single status and realized (or remembered) her family's enormous wealth and staged these "serendipitous" encounters to easily woo her with his charm. I think she knew he was married still and I'm sure he gave her some sob story of a loveless marriage. Or the marriage was on the rocks or other BS. JD could not help but to ignore the red flags because she wanted the fairy tale so badly - and longed for children too I'm sure. That window was narrowing quickly. He knew how vulnerable she would be and he played her. Big time. In his mind he had hit the jackpot.

I think her parents and sister saw through some of it, but what could they do but hope for the best? Who could imagine this nightmare?

It is a cruel, unfair price JD paid for her naivete.

This is one of the most complicated, complex, costly, messy, sad, emotionally devastating legal cases I can ever remember reading about. The bizarre angles to the case just don't end. And FD has to be on the top 1% of narcissist.

In the end though, the real tragedy are the 5 precious, innocent, lives FD destroyed. His own young children. I cannot imagine their devastation And confusion. And he doesn't give a F*$@. If he should rot in jail for anything, that alone is enough.

MOO

Where are you all seeing the nose change? MOO

Could he
Agree with you. This version you describe and a few others have been kicking around my exhausted brain as possible for awhile now.

I do see the JD Suburban as being the vehicle that initially transported the body. Someone could have dropped off the perp at Irwin Park and it would seem just like someone out for a morning run to get to Welles.

The body transfer at Waveny or someplace else local still is unclear to me. I also wonder if the 2 cars met up again at Irwin and after Welles to do the body transfer as its not directly on the street like it would be on Lapham Rd at Waveny.

The two people could have transfered body at Irwin and then dropped off the JD Suburban at Waveny and then been on their way via the Merritt or backroad Rt123 North to 84. I do believe 80 MS was significant as we see that FD emerges later in the day with the black contractor bags after being at 80MS. I wish we had more info on the local NC and Farmington CCTV footage and what it showed. I also wonder if FD stayed at Sturbridge overnight on the 23rd?

The timeline is tight and the idea of an accomplice makes sense in my mind. But would it make sense to FD? IDK. Still playing with the puzzle pieces.

MOO

I think your hypothesis is consistent with the evidence we know and on point. One question remains for me and that is the role of an active accomplice, one who dropped FD off at Jennifer's home and later helped move Jennifer's body. Could FD himself have parked the red truck, with the doctored plates on them at a nearby, secluded location before traveling to Jennifer's home to ambush her? He then walked to JD's home through the woods, once again avoiding security cameras (which, by the way is evidence of premeditation).

I have zero doubt he was waiting for her when she arrived home, and he killed her in the garage. He left evidence there because, despite his belief in his superior planning skills, he did not intend to leave an actual bloody mess there. He must have panicked, because why else would he have so stupidly washed his hands in the kitchen sink? At every step, he was not the mastermind he thought he was, but then, what else is new?

After murdering her, he transported Jennifer's body (which was rolled up in the carpet) in her SUV to that secluded location. There, he placed her in the bed of the truck, still rolled up in the carpet. He then left the "carpet roll", or even her tarped body, in the red truck ,and drove Jennifer's SUV to the park, where he left it as part of his PRE-PLANNED Gone Girl scenario. He then returned through a wooded area to the secluded red truck. His walks in the wood explain the poison ivy rash observed during his arrest, which he cannot deny. In fact, I believe he may have traveled through the woods as a way to avoid being seen more than once, so he could have been exposed to poison ivy more than once. He took affirmative steps to avoid direction by traveling through at least one wooded area, and those steps were planned in advance by him.

Jennifer's body was in the back of the truck, which we know to be true, because why else did FD take the trouble to have the car professionally cleaned before returning it to his employee? This scenario also explains the altered plates. He left put those plates on the truck before he parked it , so that if a witness ever remembered it s/he would remember a bad tag number, thereby preventing LE from connecting that tag/truck to him. I have felt since day one that the red truck's movements on that day are critical as is that poison ivy evidence.

Once Jennifer's car was where it is supposed to be, FD has all the time he needed to begin whatever sick s*** he did to her body in order to dispose of it. We further know whatever that was involved a knife, "lots" of blood (the witness said he saw a large amount of blood on the pillow he saw), garbage bags, a bloody pillow, bloody sponges, mops, stripping JD of at least the bloody shirt he murdered her in and, of course, FD's jaunt to Albany Avenue, accompanied by MT. While LE may not have an actual body (they do not need it to prosecute FD for first degree murder), it has plenty.

The employee from whom FD "borrowed" the truck has already provided pieces of the puzzle IMO. Do not be surprised if he helped load the garbage bags into the truck. The location where that occurred will have significant forensic evidence. IMO the location where those bags were loaded is where FD took Jennifer's body.

What FD, in his arrogance, did not consider, is the speed with which LE would act. Getting that phone at the police station was critical. Despite NP's crudely drafted motion to suppress evidence of the phone's seizure, there is not a judge in this country who would hold that its mere seizure was a violation of the Fourth Amendment. In fact, there is United States Supreme Court precedent which explicitly rejects such claims. LE got a warrant to search that phone (or, as the Court called it "mini-computer") and it was a treasure trove. The actual forensic search of it was from the Marshal's Office, who are the most diligent group of professionals one will every meet. The FEDS were in the case from day one, which is a very, very good thing. It means task force, it means all of the resources of the federal government are helping solve this crime, and it means FD is going to prison for the rest of his life.

I believe FD had at least 2 accomplices - MT and the lawyer who was to provide the false alibi. I wonder if that alibi was concocted before or after the murder, not that it matters for purpose of prosecuting him. IMO, in light of what has now come out about that "sterling" example of the legal profession, NP would absolutely enrage people on the jury if he tried to present the attorney's perjurious testimony to them as some sort of alibi defense. The guy is completely discredited as a witness. Plus, he is already on the hook to be criminally prosecuted as an accessory and a possible co-conspirator to this murder. He will absolutely open himself up to perjury and obstruction of justice charges if he continues on his ruinous path. The last two offenses can be charged a federal felonies and the feds don't play. If have seen 5 year prison sentences for perjury in cases far, far less significant than this one.

So, now it is a matter of how many people did FD pull into this premeditated murder beforehand, and what were their respective roles? Some people are going to be more criminally culpable than others, at least based on what we know now. Some people may not have even known what he was planning before the actual murder and did not knowingly assist him in covering his tracks after the murder, but they still will be able to narrow his location and activities on the day of the murder significantly. Some people may have become involved after the fact, but nonetheless have criminal liability because they were aware of, and assisted FD in disposing evidence of this premeditated murder. IMO all the concocted evidence that FD thought he was so cleverly creating, before and after this horrendous act, will not save him. Tick, tock Mr. Dulos, your time as a free man grows shorter by the minute.

Would love to hear other theories, but I think the posters here are closer to the truth than we know. Does anyone have any ideas about where he might have taken Jennifer's body between the murder and his trip to Hartford? I am so very hopeful LE already has the answer, but am curious as to what other folks here think.

Last edited:
Could he

I think your hypothesis is consistent with the evidence we know and on point. One question remains for me and that is the role of an active accomplice, one who dropped FD off at Jennifer's home and later helped move Jennifer's body. Could FD himself have parked the red truck, with the doctored plates on them at a nearby, secluded location before traveling to Jennifer's home to ambush her? He then walked to JD's home through the woods, once again avoiding security cameras (which, by the way is evidence of premeditation).

I have zero doubt he was waiting for her when she arrived home, and he killed her in the garage. He left evidence there because, despite his belief in his superior planning skills, he did not intend to leave an actual bloody mess there. He must have panicked, because why else would he have so stupidly washed his hands in the kitchen sink? At every step, he was not the mastermind he thought he was, but then, what else is new?

After murdering her, he transported Jennifer's body (which was rolled up in the carpet) in her SUV to that secluded location. There, he placed her in the bed of the truck, still rolled up in the carpet. He then left the "carpet roll", or even her tarped body, in the red truck ,and drove Jennifer's SUV to the park, where he left it as part of his PRE-PLANNED Gone Girl scenario. He then returned through a wooded area to the secluded red truck. His walks in the wood explain the poison ivy rash observed during his arrest, which he cannot deny. In fact, I believe he may have traveled through the woods as a way to avoid being seen more than once, so he could have been exposed to poison ivy more than once. He took affirmative steps to avoid direction by traveling through at least one wooded area, and those steps were planned in advance by him.

Jennifer's body was in the back of the truck, which we know to be true, because why else did FD take the trouble to have the car professionally cleaned before returning it to his employee? This scenario also explains the altered plates. He left put those plates on the truck before he parked it , so that if a witness ever remembered it s/he would remember a bad tag number, thereby preventing LE from connecting that tag/truck to him. I have felt since day one that the red truck's movements on that day are critical as is that poison ivy evidence.

Once Jennifer's car was where it is supposed to be, FD has all the time he needed to begin whatever sick s*** he did to her body in order to dispose of it. We further know whatever that was involved a knife, "lots" of blood (the witness said he saw a large amount of blood on the pillow he saw), garbage bags, a bloody pillow, bloody sponges, mops, stripping JD of at least the bloody shirt he murdered her in and, of course, FD's jaunt to Albany Avenue, accompanied by MT. While LE may not have an actual body (they do not need it to prosecute FD for first degree murder), it has plenty.

The employee from whom FD "borrowed" the truck has already provided pieces of the puzzle IMO. Do not be surprised if he helped load the garbage bags into the truck. The location where that occurred will have significant forensic evidence. IMO the location where those bags were loaded is where FD took Jennifer's body.

What FD, in his arrogance, did not consider, is the speed with which LE would act. Getting that phone at the police station was critical. Despite NP's crudely drafted motion to suppress evidence of the phone's seizure, there is not a judge in this country who would hold that its mere seizure was a violation of the Fourth Amendment. In fact, there is United States Supreme Court precedent which explicitly rejects such claims. LE got a warrant to search that phone (or, as the Court called it "mini-computer") and it was a treasure trove. The actual forensic search of it was from the Marshal's Office, who are the most diligent group of professionals one will every meet. The FEDS were in the case from day one, which is a very, very good thing. It means task force, it means all of the resources of the federal government are helping solve this crime, and it means FD is going to prison for the rest of his life.

I believe FD had at least 2 accomplices - MT and the lawyer who was to provide the false alibi. I wonder if that alibi was concocted before or after the murder, not that it matters for purpose of prosecuting him. IMO, in light of what has now come out about that "sterling" example of the legal profession, NP would absolutely enrage people on the jury if he tried to present the attorney's perjurious testimony to them as some sort of alibi defense. The guy is completely discredited as a witness. Plus, he is already on the hook to be criminally prosecuted as an accessory and a possible co-conspirator to this murder. He will absolutely open himself up to perjury and obstruction of justice charges if he continues on his ruinous path. The last two offenses can be charged a federal felonies and the feds don't play. If have seen 5 year prison sentences for perjury in cases far, far less significant than this one.

So, now it is a matter of how many people did FD pull into this premeditated murder beforehand, and what were their respective roles? Some people are going to be more criminally culpable than others, at least based on what we know now. Some people may not have even known what he was planning before the actual murder and did not knowingly assist him in covering his tracks after the murder, but they still will be able to narrow his location and activities on the day of the murder significantly. Some people may have become involved after the fact, but nonetheless have criminal liability because they were aware of, and assisted FD in disposing evidence of this premeditated murder. IMO all the concocted evidence that FD thought he was so cleverly creating, before and after this horrendous act, will not save him. Tick, tock Mr. Dulos, your time as a free man grows shorter by the minute.

Would love to hear other theories, but I think the posters here are closer to the truth than we know. Does anyone have any ideas about where he might have taken Jennifer's body between the murder and his trip to Hartford? I am so very hopeful LE already has the answer, but am curious as to what other folks here think.
I think what you presented here is really getting on the right track of what happened. I guess everybody just talking it out for 3 months helped put the puzzle together. There has been SOME additional evidence lately, ie: VV t shirt, bra, pillow, knife, but I feel like the way the theory crystallized here is mostly independent of that and based mostly on things known almost since the beginning. Imagine how much more LE knows. IMO.

Could he

Do we know yet if EE has gotten his truck back yet? FD got several of his vehicles back, but not the big pickup truck. Is there a way to find out if EE has his?

Could he

Jennifer's body was in the back of the truck, which we know to be true, because why else did FD take to trouble to have the car professionally cleaned before returning it to his employee? This scenario also explains the altered plates. He left put those plates on the truck before he parked it , so that if a witness ever remembered it s/he would remember a bad tag number, thereby preventing LE from connecting that tag/truck to him. I have felt since day one that the red truck's movements on that day are critical as is that poison ivy evidence.

Alot to chew on here! Thanks for this detailed view of things and your opinion on my rambling half baked theory earlier!

I'll take the challenge and do some thinking on it while I type away!

I go back and forth on the accomplice/s idea. Given what we have learned about FO I really wonder if he has the capacity to trust anyone with something so significant as a plot like this one? IDK, but I somehow doubt it. I do think with planning and a willingness to jog that one determined person could commit this crime. My guess at this point is using KM and sister as alibi patsy's and commiting the crime himself while using EE as a possible scapegoat/patsy. I could also see MT being asked to drop off a vehicle someplace along the path too.

I think most here see EE with the red truck (driving the FO Ford 150 Raptor in NC on the missing date) as an unwilling accomplice in some way to either transfer bags between vehicles in Farmington or even possibly to move a body. So glad this guy got to LE pronto and got legal representation to protect himself otherwise Pattisville would have made mincemeat of him! Grrr. Can you imagine FO putting a black contractor bag in the back of EE with Ford Raptor truck and asking that he simply bring the bag back to 80 MS? Most likely this scenario would mean that another vehicle was driven in NC on the 24th such as the Suburban etc. but its a curious although improbable idea I think. There had to be a reason the EE red truck going through the car wash in Avon, so my guess is that the red truck was seen in NC on the missing date or was used to transport body from place to place in Farmington.

Originally I thought Sturbridge would be ideal place to take a body as it would be private and and away from prying eyes but yet still close to Welles. The thing I thought might work would be the FORE trailer that has been in the ft yd of Sturbridge up until recently. We didn't see LE take the trailer and they released Sturbridge back to FO so I'm not sure this property is in the mix.

This then led me to 80 MS where for whatever reason I think FO did most of his evil 'work'. I would love to see FO credit card statements in the months leading up to this crime as IMO with a little bit of planning he could have set up a full 'clean room' at 80 MS with no issues and off the shelf materials. Problem is that any materials would be items used in his 'contractor' business. I do wonder what LE have found in terms of forensic evidence at 80 MS. I also would like to see the sniffer dogs return to area around 4Jx and Mountain Spring to again look around. I know its a large area but in so many other cases when dogs return to a spot they happen to find things. I do think its possible that individual items are buried in/around these 2 properties or in the 585 property acreage.

For me the imaginary video of this crime that plays in my brain now has fewer 'gaps' and is a bit more cohesive in its narrative.

The timeline is interesting and I am still going back and forth about the FO trip to NYC to supposedly see or pick up the children and then he was met by GF armed guards. I do wonder about the mental state of FD and MT during this entire period from the Albany Trip (the infamous Pattisville anomaly!) until the trip to NYC. Were 'Bonnie and Clyde' thinking that they had pulled off the crime of the century or were they uncertain and anxious? The adrenaline rush and subsequent crash most likely impacted both FO and HO IMO. I do wonder what the eyewitness accounts will be of those that encountered FO in NYC and his run in with the armed guards. Did GF speak with FO at all from the missing date onward? Did GF and NC JD friends use any subterfuge to lull FO into a sense of calm that he had pulled off the perfect crime? IMO the friends/GF reported JD much earlier in the day to NCPD on the 24th and the timeline was adjusted in the arrest warrant. Whatever the GF/Friends did IMO has made this entire investigation possible so kudos to them!

Still working on the puzzle and quite curious what everyone thinks!
MOO

The DM and NYP are the worst at printing pure error, stating something in the Headline or Paragraph 1 that is refuted in Paragraph 5, often with devastating effects for the people involved. It's hard to excuse.

I realize print media has to work with more limited staff than they once did as their readership declines so having a second reporter or an editor back check the facts is a thing of the past.

I also understand that reporters suck up to big news makers so they get first access to future stories but I still don't like it. Not one bit.

Oh, for the good old days!!

So agree—there’s a difference between a rare mistake and a continuing cycle of “write down whatever and let it sort itself out later.” This is where I feel sorriest for my newspaper-editor friends as they constantly are up against other more-sensational, less-reliable outlets (here, mostly FB, Twitter, and TV news stations) and their subscriptions show it. Sadly, sadly, sadly! You make a great point about those conflict-of-interest issues; two of those editors live in relatively small towns and it’s a nightmare for them to keep that distance but they do. In MOO, we as citizens have to respect that although not everyone does. :( When I was on a local school board and one of those newspaper editors was a friend, we made an agreement at the start: My friend had a job to do, I had a job to do, both of our roles involved confidential matters at times that were not to be shared with others outside the scope of our roles, and that’s what we wanted and expected. There were times the paper and board (not necessarily me in my personal views but the board as a whole) publicly had different views and we knew and respected that. It wasn’t hard to do because we respected the roles and separation of friends versus work. Other people we each knew had big issues with respecting those boundaries so it was a pain to deal with them—so each of us avoided those people and conflicts of interests wherever possible. It might get lonely but it’s better than the alternative! Lol. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member