Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? 2 sets? That would seriously damage his defenses. Criminal and civil with Dr. Farber. Harrumph. Was this your opinion only? I don’t doubt your statement at all. Even if not a proven fact but supposition. Just want to know if fact.
But I think we can agree that 2 sets typically are for:
One private as in skimming cash but need to keep track anyway, and the one public, as in banks, IRS.
So FD, being a finance guy, should know better than to keep 2 sets of books.
First. It’s a problem. Serious problem. IRS for one.
Second, he should not have kept a record of any second set of books if had 2 sets going.
Really, either way a really dumb move. Or does he believe he is so awesome that he can get away with everything?
So in which set was he showing more income? I presume for banks. But could be the other way around. Applications at bank could involve why I need this loan. Showing a sorry, but viable business that has great growth potential?
He admits it during the hearing. On cross, he concedes that he put a different amount of assets on the bank loan than he did on the financial affidavit submitted to family court. He then tries to take it back and say no the bank financials were for Fore, the company, not Fulos the person, but the damage was done. Because Dulos has still failed to turn over the Quickbook accounting, which is often tied to an actual bank account, there may be no actual "book" in the divorce proceeeding, just air where those financials should be. The point is the same though-he gave the bank one set of "assets/income" and the family court a significantly different version of those same "assets/ income". He was definitely playing footsie with the truth, claiming wealth when it suited and poverty when it did not. IMO the loan officer took the 5th because she knew the financials Dulos submitted to the bank were false.

Ummm...maybe nobody in LE has stood up and said "This is a murder investigation" but combined with this: Page 19 of AW2 states that when the Suburban leaves WL at 10:25, Dulos is believed to be operating the vehicle which is carrying the body of Jennifer (paraphrasing). Also states that when the Suburban is seen on surveillance at 8:05, it is the last known photo of Jennifer alive.
AND....AW1 stating evidence of violent physical assault....MOO

That’s the point.
Looks like a murder, acts like a murder but it’s just evidence tampering for now. What we have and/or willing to disclose at this point in the investigation (note what type of investigation not mentioned) does not meet our criteria for filing of murder charges.
So everyone needs to be patient.

Add voyeurism to the list. Stalking. Anything else? Invasion of privacy, don’t know if criminal cause of action. Civil, yes.
Yet another item to add to the list of evidence the state has in their quiver... CCTV footage of FD stalking the JD home whilst planning his murder route in the days leading up to May 24. He’s so screwed.

No.
Once foreclosure takes place, either the bank or any purchaser at the sale becomes the owner. The official conducting the sale signs a deed from themselves, or on behalf of entity, like a sheriff or constable. Or trustee. However CT statutes read.

As to bankruptcy, it’s a federal law. Every state is covered by the Bankruptcy Code. Exemptions are provided under either federal exemption list, or State of CT exemption list.
Automatic stay applies immediately. You are correct.
If he filed for bky protection, he’d have to open up accurate financial records. Or risk federal perjury charges, among other bankruptcy related crimes.
I would discourage a client in FD’s situation from filing. If he thinks things are a mess now and needs to be straightened out, filing for bankruptcy protection would really make a mess. Way bigger than things stand now.
IMOO.
I guess it depends on the statutes / we have a very detailed process for foreclosure here - once the judgment is issued and a sale is authorized - bidding begins but if it’s a mortgage holder like GF is (I believe) that’s a different process - I’m not inclined to argue because I do not know the CT statute - do you? If so please enlighten us and cite the statute so we can update our media thread

That’s the point.
Looks like a murder, acts like a murder but it’s just evidence tampering for now. What we have and/or willing to disclose at this point in the investigation (note what type of investigation not mentioned) does not meet our criteria for filing of murder charges.
I’m sorry but we’ve been patient since we first started following this missing person case - I feel this is a bit condescending to all of the sleuthers here - we are very aware of the charges so far IMO

Some of us have been thinking that possibly there’s a bike in the back of the red truck in the return trip photo in the AW, that FD could have used between Lapham and Welles. It’s so hard to tell with the resolution, a lot of things could be back there in the truck bed, and LE seems to have intentionally blurred them, but a bike is a possibility in the mix. It clearly doesn’t look empty.

LE surely has video evidence (one way or another) that we don’t know the contents of. AW #2 uses a video cam trained on entrance to 80MS so they know for example what time MT arrived in the afternoon there/ left with the keys and in what vehicle, and hopefully good resolution of what was in back or even inside red pickup when FD arrived there from NC at 12:22pm. Plus who went there in days before to prep and days after.
They have video cam on 4JC entrance so they know both FD and MT leaving/arriving in vehicles from there on the 24th and going forward from that date- this will be really key for MT alibi. Any other vehicles arriving, and who was at the “dinner party” the night before? They know what time JD left her home to drop the kids in the morning which at least tells how much time FD had to get himself into position and possibly how he approached or didn’t approach her house.
Do they have JDs phone? If so is there any FD DNA on it? FD DNA in JDs Suburban? FD DNA on JDs shirt and bra? MT DNA anywhere? Any other clothes found in the Albany bags, belonging to FD and/or MT?

MOO...Sorry if this discussion is over....am way behind...about 6 pages! :eek:
And then there are phone records, FDs phone left at home and MTs phone. Text messages and web searches, their computers. In the days leading up and the days following. Between FD and MT on the 31st when they found out that LE was searching Albany Ave.

On and on. The picture has really shifted since AW 2 came out because it’s clear that LE has quite a lot still to reveal, probably even more surprises in store, we just don’t know what it is yet.

MOO.
I tend toward the bike theory myself. It seems that it would be safer and faster and he would be less recognizable with a helmet and goggles. He could have ridden to the cul-de-sac at the end of street which abuts the wooded area at the back of Welles....rolled it through the wooded area and put it in the back of the Suburban when he left.

It also seems feasible and probably necessary that FD did various practice runs no matter which mode of access he used to get to Jennifer's. I wonder if the altered plates may have been used on other FORE vehicles to do test runs prior to the 24th. We know LE has asked for any home and business videos from the 19th of May. I hope everyone took the time to accommodate that request.

The NC or State Police Officer who spoke to the media after the second arrest warrant said something about that warrant containing most of the blood evidence. That was a disappointing, but there is still DNA evidence that hasn't been published.

One thing we should consider when discussing the phones is the probability that "burner" phones could have been used between FD and MT on the 24th and others if they were involved in any way. I don't know how those could be tracked....at point of purchase or ????

Hope our Greek lover is as nervous about further revelations as we are anxious to hear them....He really reminds me of spoiled 3-year-old and has about the same social awareness and selfishness of that age group....UGH!

I'm hoping someone can help me out with something I am missing here.... In the AW #2 item #14 it states that on 6/2 a 2nd interview was held with EE that stated he would routinely use Fore Group vehicles during the work week and leave his red Toyota Tacoma at 4JC during the work week and sometimes longer.

When did EE take the black Ford Raptor to New Canaan to work at Sturbridge and leave his Tacoma at 4JC? Monday? Thursday 5-23? If EE had black Ford Raptor before Wednesday, what vehicle did FD use for visitation at Welles that Wednesday 5-22?

PG/EE left his Tacoma parked at 4Jax on 5/20/19. That’s probably why the charges are taking so long. Too many vehicles. Which LE was aware of on 5/24 and according to AW1

That’s the point.
Oh, I am patient. But it IS a murder investigation. Just no charges yet. And there ARE suspects. Even though LE has not called a press conference to announce it. It's all in the warrants. MOO.

He admits it during the hearing. On cross, he concedes that he put a different amount of assets on the bank loan than he did on the financial affidavit submitted to family court. He then tries to take it back and say no the bank financials were for Fore, the company, not Fulos the person, but the damage was done. Because Dulos has still failed to turn over the Quickbook accounting, which is often tied to an actual bank account, there may be no actual "book" in the divorce proceeeding, just air where those financials should be. The point is the same though-he gave the bank one set of "assets/income" and the family court a significantly different version of those same "assets/ income". He was definitely playing footsie with the truth, claiming wealth when it suited and poverty when it did not. IMO the loan officer took the 5th because she knew the financials Dulos submitted to the bank were false.

Basis in fact. Superb. Thank you.
So for family court reduced assets, I presume.
I thought she took the fifth bc of a FORE RE transaction that involved MT, as well as another player.
Follow the money. Again. It’s the key.
Like the key FD was holding in his band by the boat. But that key opens Door Number One. Water.

Money is behind Door Number Two.

Door Number Three? Grand Prize. Jury verdict of guilty with life behind bars and no parole. In threes. Things that are important come in threes.

PG/EE left his Tacoma parked at 4Jax on 5/20/19. That’s probably why the charges are taking so long. Too many vehicles. Which LE was aware of on 5/24 and according to AW1
Did PG/EE stay in NC area during the week or did he commute back and forth to his his home? EE didn't stay at Sturbridge IMO as the AW states he arrived there later in the morning of 5/24. Still which car did FD take to Welles that Wednesday?

I’m sorry but we’ve been patient since we first started following this missing person case - I feel this is a bit condescending to all of the sleuthers here - we are very aware of the charges so far IMO

I agree ( I hate to put this out there) but I just watched the dateline on this case. Unless I see the evidence laid in front of me (literally) I can’t decide. The defense and Dulos are throwing a lot of shade on the accusations. The evidence suggests he did it but there isn’t any actual proof. I will say too.... he COMES ACROSS in the end of the segment as pretty genuine. And they leave that as your last thought. If dateline can do that, so can any attorney.

I tend toward the bike theory myself. It seems that it would be safer and faster and he would be less recognizable with a helmet and goggles. He could have ridden to the cul-de-sac at the end of street which abuts the wooded area at the back of Welles....rolled it through the wooded area and put it in the back of the Suburban when he left.

It also seems feasible and probably necessary that FD did various practice runs no matter which mode of access he used to get to Jennifer's. I wonder if the altered plates may have been used on other FORE vehicles to do test runs prior to the 24th. We know LE has asked for any home and business videos from the 19th of May. I hope everyone took the time to accommodate that request.

The NC or State Police Officer who spoke to the media after the second arrest warrant said something about that warrant containing most of the blood evidence. That was a disappointing, but there is still DNA evidence that hasn't been published.

One thing we should consider when discussing the phones is the probability that "burner" phones could have been used between FD and MT on the 24th and others if they were involved in any way. I don't know how those could be tracked....at point of purchase or ????

Hope our Greek lover is as nervous about further revelations as we are anxious to hear them....He really reminds me of spoiled 3-year-old and has about the same social awareness and selfishness of that age group....UGH!

We probably just need to hope at least one of the burner phones (if they ever existed) was collected by LE as the calls on it would be the links to the other(s).

They would also then be able to track the phones to the point of purchase and capture somebody's little ugly mug on a store camera!

I'm thinking FD would have sent MT on that little escapade.

Your posts each one of them are gems!
If I may ask what drew you to this case? Your posts are so heartfelt and so smart.
At first, I was just concerned for this mom and her kids, but it seemed right away that here was a man who thought he could spend years manipulating the legal system and, then spent a significant period of time planning to murder his wife. Why? Because she dared to challenge him? His arrogance rubbed me the wrong way.

Then there was the girlfriend. Although I am still unsure of her precise role in the murder itself, I wondered if she was actually cooperating. I have now concluded that she did agree to "cooperate", thinking LE would buy that obviously fabricated alibi. How long would she continue to be coy and would she ever tell the truth. I'm still asking that case. She seems to be such a damaged person. Why in the world would she want to protect this man?

Add the forensics and the fact that IMO Mr. Dulos' lawyer has about as much respect for the criminal justice system as his client does (namely, none at all), and it became important to see if I could find assurance that Mr. Dulos will be convicted. Like Mr. Weinstein, I find this case to be one of the most compelling I have run across in many years. I also think about Dr. Farber and what she must be going through and how brave she is because, even though she is no longer alive, Jennifer still needs her. Perhaps my continued posts are just my way of letting her family sense complete strangers are with them, even if they never actually know it. I believe there is a justice to the universe and I think the Farber family deserves it. Off the soapbox now...

I agree ( I hate to put this out there) but I just watched the dateline on this case. Unless I see the evidence laid in front of me (literally) I can’t decide. The defense and Dulos are throwing a lot of shade on the accusations. The evidence suggests he did it but there isn’t any actual proof. I will say too.... he COMES ACROSS in the end of the segment as pretty genuine. And they leave that as your last thought. If dateline can do that, so can any attorney.
Dateline...I'll put it this way...is a very condensed version of events and leaves alot of important facts out. It's not very thorough...nothing compared to the discussion here. It is a dumbed down recounting of a crime meant for entertainment purposes. That is for ANY crime they cover. They never want to present a slam dunk version because they are luring viewers to watch a mystery. With commercials thrown in, it's like 45 minutes long. Any opening argument is going to be longer than that. I would not rely on Dateline for deciding ANYTHING about ANYTHING. MOO.

Oh, I am patient. But it IS a murder investigation. Just no charges yet. And there ARE suspects. Even though LE has not called a press conference to announce it. It's all in the warrants. MOO.

I don’t want to argue the point with you. I’d have to go read both warrants. Distinguish our reasons. Then reply again.
Just not interested enough to pursue it. Sorry.

The Dateline interviews were taped before AW2 was released with a bit about the new facts tagged onto the end.

Notice also that there was nothing even resembling a cross examination here.

The interview was set in stone ahead of time and nothing said by FD or Pattis was even slightly questioned.

A trial is going to be soooooooo different!

If, and it is a big if, FD had a decent lawyer on the divorce case which is now nonexistent, but some maneuvers might be used in the civil case, FD would be playing the financial game differently. IMO.

The last two and one half years I’ve watched a psychologist friend and ex husband play a similar financial game where he has played every game imaginable in not turning in documents. He has gone from a multi millionaire to now filing bankruptcy! So he says, ha ha! Without financial documents, who knows? Is there a school rich men go to on how to play the court system while staying out of jail or not paying huge fines?

Why do the judges let them get by with this? The IRS is on this other case too. It is out of my comprehension why this is permitted. It seems to drive the women crazier as they have the major role in caring for the children, never knowing what the father is planning behind her back, or calls at the last minute that he can’t take kiddos for his weekend, etc. in these cases where one person is responsible for not cooperating, the judge should give one time frame. If it is missed, the judge will settle it! Stop this BS that is going on..!

You don't think that throwing away garbage bags with bloody DNA nor her blood in the truck FD was driving on the 24th is compelling? Just asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23