Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to thank afitsy, mimi in london, oceancalling, and anyone else that may have replied and i missed. this is a very fast moving discussion on the JD case. i admit i did not read all posts and missed a lot of the early threads so i was not aware of the discussion around FD's change in hairstyle. DNA, i think is probable. waterskiing, not so much. i asked my good friend google about "FD waterskiing" except i used complete name and then checked all the images that were feed back and it looks to me that over 90% of the FD waterskiing pictures show him with the medium length hair all wet and slicked back. there was only one that was a maybe the buzz cut. when i was a kid in the 50 & 60 era my sisters would wear a rubber like cap that they would tuck all their hair into to keep it all dry while swimming in the lake/pool. i can imagine FD wearing one of those when , imo, he attacked JD. IMO, that's why he did the buzz cut, to make it easier to get cap on & off. hoping to keep up here. interesting discussion. reminds me a lot of the KB thread. i got too wrapped up there though and had to break away.

Media gag order? Doesn’t that apply to Dr. Oz? Or is it just for news reporters.
Media so far as I know cannot be gagged in the US. EU is a different story as the rules are quite different!

Issue we have been seeing in Dulos case is that pre gag Media typically waits for LE or Pattis to call and because these calls aren't flowing post gag order, that they are having to do their own investigative work and/or develop other sources!

Unfortunately the Queen lived in a palace and there was no social media to speak of. As a parent of a 13 year old and a 9 year old my impression is that kids get their info from Snapchat, twitter and a million other avenues before they would ever think of picking up a newspaper or watching TV news. Those poor kids are going to have to deal with this nightmare and not all other kids are as nice, especially in middle school. Just another wonderful gift from their monster of a father.

Yes, everything featured on the internet since the day JD disappeared will live on forever for those kids to view someday. The only
visits he'll likely get in jail from his kids will be when each one decides to confront him and say "Why did you take mommy away from us?"

i want to thank afitsy, mimi in london, oceancalling, and anyone else that may have replied and i missed. this is a very fast moving discussion on the JD case. i admit i did not read all posts and missed a lot of the early threads so i was not aware of the discussion around FD's change in hairstyle. DNA, i think is probable. waterskiing, not so much. i asked my good friend google about "FD waterskiing" except i used complete name and then checked all the images that were feed back and it looks to me that over 90% of the FD waterskiing pictures show him with the medium length hair all wet and slicked back. there was only one that was a maybe the buzz cut. when i was a kid in the 50 & 60 era my sisters would wear a rubber like cap that they would tuck all their hair into to keep it all dry while swimming in the lake/pool. i can imagine FD wearing one of those when , imo, he attacked JD. IMO, that's why he did the buzz cut, to make it easier to get cap on & off. hoping to keep up here. interesting discussion. reminds me a lot of the KB thread. i got too wrapped up there though and had to break away.
Yes, this issue of a totally shaved down (head to toe and all places in between!) was well covered by astute WSer when the first pictures of FD were hitting the press in this case (you can go back and see all these early posts in prior threads but there was alot of chatter and commentary IMO).

We have seen an evolution of the FD 'hair situation' as this case has evolved and frankly it IMO had the initial "Mr Clean" look we saw around the missing date just that more suspicious!

MOO

I am not sure he is able to get another mortgage; at least some of those houses already have more than one mortgage on them.
IMO with FD where there is a will there is a way. The 'friend' mortgages on Sturbridge look to be second mortgages. There is also believed to be a mortgage on 80 MS that is not bank provided. Online mortgage lookup isn't possible so far as I can tell for these properties in terms of the specific dollar amounts so the details have to be gotten from the towns in person.

For what its worth, I think GF has been incredibly active and vocal as to what her priorities are in this tragic case, just not in the press!

GF has been focused on seeking justice for her daughter, preserving her husbands memory as someone that generously helped fund FORE for years but did not get repaid and insuring the well being of the 5 Dulos children.

She has wisely chosen to utilize the courts in order to accomplish her goals rather than the press. IMO she has done this all with with great dignity amidst the tragedy of the situation in which she found herself. The use of a Family Spokesperson in the form of Carrie Luft was IMO a masterstroke and provided some access but preserved the privacy of the family at a time of mourning and great upheaval and shielded the children from press intrusion.

GF has done ALL of this not by utilizing the media in the same disorganized and haphazard way we have seen used by Pattisville. She did not put out multiple pictures (unblurred BTW) of the children such as what we saw recently on Dateline and for which money sadly no doubt passed hands possibly into the coffers of FD and Pattisville!

No, GF media use has been strategic and IMO well timed. I applaud the restraint used when many might have lashed out directly to the lies put forward by Pattisville and the weeks and weeks of victim blaming with no substantiated facts. This period must have been unbearable for the Family and Friends but they didn't stoop IMO to the level of Pattisville ever! Kudos on that!

GF has instead engaged a team of highly professional, discrete and well organized attorneys to execute a precision plan to execute her mission! On the well being of the children we saw the early foray into Probate Court followed by a short trip to Family Court in order to assume Temporary Custody. So, mission accomplished for now on the well being of the children as GF can place them in school and assume responsiblity for their health and welfare. My guess is we might see more action on the custody front depending on the status of further charges for FD and MT. GF has a number of solid options over the long term as it relates to custody and her brilliant team will no doubt be able to accomplish what needs to be done.

GF and her Atty Weinstein have been very active in Civil Court as well and have clearly outlined the financial games and lies of FD associated with the House of Cards that is the FORE Group. MT will be brought to some account too as she has been called to be deposed in Civil Court in her role at FORE Group. Other possible bad actors in the activities of FORE Group such as KM, GV, SM, FD friends who provided 'mortgages to FORE might also be seen at some point in Civil Court. We see Atty Weinstein actively pursuing the atty who did the real estate work for FORE, Atty Markowitz, in order to get copies documentation. Atty Weinstein has also asked the Civil Court for a forensic accountant to look at the books and records of FORE (this is being actively rebuffed by FD and Atty Murray).

On the justice for her daughter front its now in the hands of CT LE and the States Atty. But over the longer term there are no doubt civil options available to deal with both FD and MT.

I have absolute faith based on what we have seen thus far that GF is well advised and well positioned to accomplish her goals!

MOO

Well said!!! Thank you!

She is also in the midst of a major renovation to accommodate the children so they each will have their own rooms and no doubt she’s poured her heart into the details. She is AMAZING!

MOO

Yes, everything featured on the internet since the day JD disappeared will live on forever for those kids to view someday. The only
visits he'll likely get in jail from his kids will be when each one decides to confront him and say "Why did you take mommy away from us?"
Or better yet, they will ask him..."hey, you runty, Mother******; why did you kill my MOM??? I hope you never get out of prison and you rot here. You will never see me again; and in my mind you are DEAD. Have a nice day! MOO

I was trying to understand the State of CT organization for the States Attys. State Atty Colangelo is in charge of the Stamford/Norwalk Office.

Here is a bit of information about the office and Atty Colangelo:

State's Attorney Richard J. Colangelo, Jr.
colangelo_richard.jpg

RICHARD J. COLANGELO, JR. is the State’s Attorney for the Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk. Attorney Colangelo joined the Division of Criminal Justice in March 1993 and was appointed State’s Attorney July 1, 2015.

As State’s Attorney, Colangelo is the chief law enforcement officer in the Judicial District of Stamford-Norwalk, which includes the cities of Stamford and Norwalk and the towns of Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Weston, Westport and Wilton. The State’s Attorney oversees the prosecutors and other Division of Criminal Justice staff assigned to the Superior Courts at Stamford and Norwalk, including the Superior Court for Juvenile Matters at Stamford and criminal matters brought to the Housing Session at Norwalk.

An active trial prosecutor who has tried all types of major felony cases, he is also intricately involved in criminal investigations and criminal justice education. He formed the Technical Investigations Unit of Southwest Connecticut, a regional task force of nine police departments that pools resources to examine computers and mobile devices in the course of criminal investigations. Throughout his career as a prosecutor, Colangelo has specialized in cases of child exploitation, both severe physical and sexual abuse, and child sexual exploitation cases involving the internet.

Attorney Colangelo is a graduate of Norwalk State Technical College (A.S.M.E. 1986), the University of Connecticut (B.S.M.E. 1989) and the Quinnipiac School of Law (J.D. 1992). He has taught in Criminal Justice programs in the Connecticut community college system since 1995, at the University of New Haven since 2013, and the National Computer Forensics Institute in Hoover, Alabama, since 2011. Attorney Colangelo is the Chairman of the State Board of Examiners for Psychologists, Chairman of the Easton Police Commission, President of the Human Services Council Board of Directors in Norwalk, a member of the Boys and Girls Club of Redding-Easton Board of Directors, and a member of the Eyewitness Identification Task Force. He has presented on various topics at area schools, businesses and parent groups.

The Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk was established effective July 1, 1981, as a result of the passage of Public Act 80-201, which moved the communities that now comprise the judicial district from the Judicial District of Fairfield. State's Attorney Colangelo is the third person to serve as State's Attorney for the district. Eugene J. Callahan was the first Stamford/Norwalk State's Attorney, serving from 1981to 2001, followed by David I. Cohen, who served from 2001-2015.

StamfordNorwalk States Attorney

Unfortunately the Queen lived in a palace and there was no social media to speak of. As a parent of a 13 year old and a 9 year old my impression is that kids get their info from Snapchat, twitter and a million other avenues before they would ever think of picking up a newspaper or watching TV news. Those poor kids are going to have to deal with this nightmare and not all other kids are as nice, especially in middle school. Just another wonderful gift from their monster of a father.

As grandmother to a young teen may I insert here that there are ways to keep children from being influenced or wounded by social media.

You don't put a cell phone in their hands and you fill their lives with things other than TV, Twitter and unsupervised computer time. (They will find a way to keep up with their friends.)

Does it take work? Yes.
I would imagine Jennifer's children have all sorts of lessons, sports and activities that keep them busy.
Their grandmother seems like one who would put her heart into making sure the children suffer as little as possible.

MOO

Last edited:
I agree. I think the last thing GF should do is publicly fight FD, the father of those 5 children who still love him. That would not psychologically benefit those kids who likely have access to the internet or TV at some point during the day. I believe she's going after the money because her name is associated with these properties and she needs to clear this plate and not let FD take anything else away from her. She likely doesn't even need the money. FD is doing plenty of talking to take himself down and that day can't come soon enough. Bring it on LE.

Yes, so much reminds me of the Sievers case and their grandmother in Connecticut. Question, do we know how much life insurance JD had?

Certainly JD's family and friends are sheltering the children as much as possible. I believe it was the family spokesperson who said that when they entered a bookstore, there were magazine with their mother's picture on the cover. These were discussed honestly with the children and questions were answered as they were presented.

The death of Princess Diana was almost 30 years ago. The use of media and apps has grown exponentially in both accessibility and sophistication. The GALA even referenced that GF's apartment was set up with WIFI and games for the children. They are attending school somewhere. (A note here that most schools have blocking devices for school-use computers, but do allow cell phone access in certain areas.) Some schools require that no phones be brought to school or the phones be turned in at the start of the day, but it is now unrealistic to think that 13-year-old young people are not interested and quite accomplished with use of cell phones. (One of my former students-at age 14-could text in the front hand-warmer pocket of a sweatshirt...without looking. Took quite a well to convince the mother to check his cell phone data...she had 4 boys.) Honestly, kids become anxious if they are disconnected from their devices for too long a period of time.

Hopefully, the older boys aren't hooked on the entertainment aspect of their phones. From my perspective, witnessed yesterday, is that kids share videos, songs, games, etc. from their devices. It's a major form of communication among youngsters. It is also a social sharing device for pictures, etc. It will be a delicate balance act controlling the media with the older children vs. having them not feel deprived and isolated from their peers. The phone apps are the 2019 answer to the former teen-line phone that was a hallmark of growing up.

The good news is teens today seem kinder and more socially aware of the consequences of their actions on their classmates. Am certain that GF has the Dulos children in a setting that will nurture them with positive peers. However, they will not remain isolated from all aspects of this case. One can only hope that the family court, the judge, and the parties involved will continue to put their needs first. Their father and his attorneys need to get their acts together for the benefit of the kids. It is my wish that the courts can gag their attempts to demean JD as their primary means of exonerating their father.
Oh won’t that be heartbreaking if that sob allows NP to trash their mother to try and save his own skin. I’m sorry, but I just don’t know how much a counselor/psychiatrist can do to help those children understand, accept and live with what has happened in their lives. IMO, it’s just the most devastating thing that a child can go through.

Yes, so much reminds me of the Sievers case and their grandmother in Connecticut. Question, do we know how much life insurance JD had?

That's a good question. Fotis wouldn't pay for health insurance, so I doubt he had life insurance on her, but she likely had some on herself, even though she came from great wealth. Thank God her children are her rightful heirs and Fotis can't get his hands on any money JD would have inherited. Even in a good marriage, the spouse is not entitled to an inheritance from in-laws unless specified...it goes straight to the children.

As grandmother to a young teen may I insert here that there are ways to keep children from being influenced or wounded by social media.

You don't put a cell phone in their hands and you fill their lives with things other than TV, Twitter and unsupervised computer time. (They will find a way to keep up with their friends.)

Does it take work? Yes.
I would imagine Jennifer's children have all sorts of lessons, sports and activities that keep them busy.
Their grandmother seems like one who would put her heart into making sure the children suffer as little as possible.

MOO

I can't like your post enough!!! I've tried saying this before but I was put in my place so I just stopped. I am a mother of 4 kids, my oldest is 18 and did not get a phone until his 18th birthday, and the younger ones are not allowed to have them. They did get bullied at school by the "in crowd" for a short time but now all of them see those kids completely and obsessively addicted and controlled by that little box in their hands and unable to even hold an articulate conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces