O-03
NORMAN A. PATTIS-NON PARTY WITNESS
Attorney:
new.gif
ZACHARY E REILAND (431965)
54 WEST MAIN ST.
MERIDEN, CT 06451 File Date: 09/12/2019
Witness

Things are sure getting interesting. I just wish it would all move a little faster. I am constantly checking for new posts and hoping to see a big one with warrants for murder.

As grandmother to a young teen may I insert here that there are ways to keep children from being influenced or wounded by social media.

You don't put a cell phone in their hands and you fill their lives with things other than TV, Twitter and unsupervised computer time. (They will find a way to keep up with their friends.)

Does it take work? Yes.
I would imagine Jennifer's children have all sorts of lessons, sports and activities that keep them busy.
Their grandmother seems like one who would put her heart into making sure the children suffer as little as possible.

MOO

Agree. There are ways. Easier said than done though. I would have kept a phone out of my 13 (soon to be 14) year olds hands but she occasionally picks my younger daughter up from school and it is good to have for safety reasons and situations where she is at a practice and I need to pick her up etc. I have apps that shut off her apps at certain times as well. Still, social media forces are extremely strong and the pressures kids face these days to be a part of it are pretty enormous. Even when we find ways to keep them engaged in other things. Believe me. Sounds like GF is a strong presence and many people are looking out for those kiddos tho so I hope they can persevere.

I went to view the YouTube video that you referred for Grey having as I wanted to catch up to speed.

After I found the link, I saw that it was two and a half hours. And then I remembered why I don't follow his YouTubes anymore is because that is just too long for me. They used to be short and On Target, and then they turned into 4 hours YouTube and I just no longer could follow him.

There is a way that I have seen before that some other posters do a timestamp when they share a link, which I believe we are allowed to do with his YouTube. That really helps out.

I think it just evolved because his subscribed viewers preferred the live format. More interaction, live call ins and he also takes the time to explain his process and reads out all the articles, affidavits and does the Google Earth/Map sleuthing in a way that you can clearly see his methodology/reasoning. It appears to have become his niche. That said, yes it can get very long and digress a lot.

I've found that turning on closed captioning and playing it with sound off at a slightly faster speed can help me get to the most pertinent parts I am most interested in.

However, JMO, I do think that his specific video with the step by step analysis of AW2, with all the mapping he did is time well spent in terms of getting up to speed with the minutiae of this case.

Was there something in particular you were looking for on one of his videos? I don't mind trying to track down a specific timestamp for you, if needed.

I can't like your post enough!!! I've tried saying this before but I was put in my place so I just stopped. I am a mother of 4 kids, my oldest is 18 and did not get a phone until his 18th birthday, and the younger ones are not allowed to have them. They did get bullied at school by the "in crowd" for a short time but now all of them see those kids completely and obsessively addicted and controlled by that little box in their hands and unable to even hold an articulate conversation.

I'm with you, TKB. We don't give into toddlers who throw fits for unlimited access to popsicles.
Why would we give into teens who insist on unlimited electronics access.
Neither is good for them.

When my granddaughter was a preteen I proudly watched her make a speech to a women's group about girls who spent a recent overnight field trip playing with their phones instead of interacting with friends on the bus.
Her point was that she hoped never to be "that girl" nor to be obsessed with the "in crowd".

Keep up the good work. The world is going to need some people who can communicate without a plastic box!

Last edited:
I think it just evolved because his subscribed viewers preferred the live format. More interaction, live call ins and he also takes the time to explain his process and reads out all the articles, affidavits and does the Google Earth/Map sleuthing in a way that you can clearly see his methodology/reasoning. It appears to have become his niche. That said, yes it can get very long and digress a lot.

I've found that turning on closed captioning and playing it with sound off at a slightly faster speed can help me get to the most pertinent parts I am most interested in.

However, JMO, I do think that his specific video with the step by step analysis of AW2, with all the mapping he did is time well spent in terms of getting up to speed with the minutiae of this case.

Was there something in particular you were looking for on one of his videos? I don't mind trying to track down a specific timestamp for you, if needed.

Thank you so much for explaining, and I don't know what to ask for, as I don't know what to ask for if that makes sense.

Great that he has found his Niche, and that is fine by me if it doesn't include what I like to follow on YouTube. It just is too too too long for me. But I would hope that others here that watch it would give us Snippets of information as we used to do on other threads.

I was trying to understand the State of CT organization for the States Attys. State Atty Colangelo is in charge of the Stamford/Norwalk Office.

Here is a bit of information about the office and Atty Colangelo:

State's Attorney Richard J. Colangelo, Jr.
colangelo_richard.jpg

RICHARD J. COLANGELO, JR. is the State’s Attorney for the Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk. Attorney Colangelo joined the Division of Criminal Justice in March 1993 and was appointed State’s Attorney July 1, 2015.

As State’s Attorney, Colangelo is the chief law enforcement officer in the Judicial District of Stamford-Norwalk, which includes the cities of Stamford and Norwalk and the towns of Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Weston, Westport and Wilton. The State’s Attorney oversees the prosecutors and other Division of Criminal Justice staff assigned to the Superior Courts at Stamford and Norwalk, including the Superior Court for Juvenile Matters at Stamford and criminal matters brought to the Housing Session at Norwalk.

An active trial prosecutor who has tried all types of major felony cases, he is also intricately involved in criminal investigations and criminal justice education. He formed the Technical Investigations Unit of Southwest Connecticut, a regional task force of nine police departments that pools resources to examine computers and mobile devices in the course of criminal investigations. Throughout his career as a prosecutor, Colangelo has specialized in cases of child exploitation, both severe physical and sexual abuse, and child sexual exploitation cases involving the internet.

Attorney Colangelo is a graduate of Norwalk State Technical College (A.S.M.E. 1986), the University of Connecticut (B.S.M.E. 1989) and the Quinnipiac School of Law (J.D. 1992). He has taught in Criminal Justice programs in the Connecticut community college system since 1995, at the University of New Haven since 2013, and the National Computer Forensics Institute in Hoover, Alabama, since 2011. Attorney Colangelo is the Chairman of the State Board of Examiners for Psychologists, Chairman of the Easton Police Commission, President of the Human Services Council Board of Directors in Norwalk, a member of the Boys and Girls Club of Redding-Easton Board of Directors, and a member of the Eyewitness Identification Task Force. He has presented on various topics at area schools, businesses and parent groups.

The Judicial District of Stamford/Norwalk was established effective July 1, 1981, as a result of the passage of Public Act 80-201, which moved the communities that now comprise the judicial district from the Judicial District of Fairfield. State's Attorney Colangelo is the third person to serve as State's Attorney for the district. Eugene J. Callahan was the first Stamford/Norwalk State's Attorney, serving from 1981to 2001, followed by David I. Cohen, who served from 2001-2015.

StamfordNorwalk States Attorney
This really makes me feel good to read. JD is in good hands, even if we don't quite understand why/when/how everything is happening.

Last edited:

If I recall with the GH AW2 cast, you can easily skip 5 min in but then he goes page by page through the AW and that episode doesn't have all the chit chat of some of the other ones. The small update he did the other day was mixed with a number of other cases and when I posted about it I included how much to FF etc. But someone called in during the middle of the Dulos segment and I said for that reason that unless you absolutely wanted to watch it I didn't recommend it due to the disruption. IMO the AW2 episode was super helpful to visualize things and possibly see other angles. It can be watched in short chunks and you don't have to sit through the entire episode in one sitting IMO. MOO

Thank you so much for explaining, and I don't know what to ask for, as I don't know what to ask for if that makes sense.

Great that he has found his Niche, and that is fine by me if it doesn't include what I like to follow on YouTube. It just is too too too long for me. But I would hope that others here that watch it would give us Snippets of information as we used to do on other threads.

Here is the GH graphic of Lapham Rd that we were talking about on here last night and its from the AW2 video. This portion of his show was at the beginning. That show details the entire ride to and from NC. So, depending on which portion of the trip you are interested in you and skip around. We see the Red Truck travel down the Merritt in the am to NC.

The yellow busses are the buscams that captured the Red Truck and the graphic also has the JD Suburban. The Red Truck is parked facing north (wrong direction) and the Suburban is parked 100 ft behind the Red truck.

We were trying to figure out if the body of JD was transferred on Lapham or perhaps transferred at another location.
laphamsm.png
Source: Gray Hughes YouTube (2019)

The Quinnipiac University Criminal Law Society is excited to announce our first event of the semester! Join us on Tuesday, September 24th at 5 pm in the Ceremonial Courtroom to hear Attorney Norm Pattis speak on the topic “Criminal Law as a Vocation: A Necessary and Heartbreaking Calling.”

2696.svg

Last edited:
I'm with you, TKB. We don't give into toddlers who throw fits for unlimited access to popsicles.

When my granddaughter was a preteen I proudly watched her make a speech to a women's group about girls who spent a recent overnight field trip playing with their phones instead of interacting with friends on the bus.
Her point was that she hoped never to be "that girl" nor to be obsessed with the "in crowd".

Keep up the good work. The world is going to need some people who can communicate without a plastic box!

Love it! Your girl rocks!

I'm with you guys on this! I was more than a bit stunned to see FD Atty Bill Murray hold up his phone and read from a prepared statement to the watching press as he walked into deposition with FD a couple of weeks ago.

I've never seen an atty need to use their phone in order to make a statement.

I laughed it off at the time as that Pattisville had given him a statement to make in order to stay 'on script' and Atty Murray wasn't allowed to make any 'off the cuff' comments! Pattisville must be running a 'tight ship'! MOO

The Criminal Law Society is excited to announce our first event of the semester! Join us on Tuesday, September 24th at 5 pm in the Ceremonial Courtroom to hear Attorney Norm Pattis speak on the topic “Criminal Law as a Vocation: A Necessary and Heartbreaking Calling.”

2696.svg
Interesting. Do you know where this will be?

Here is the GH graphic of Lapham Rd that we were talking about on here last night and its from the AW2 video. This portion of his show was at the beginning. That show details the entire ride to and from NC. So, depending on which portion of the trip you are interested in you and skip around. We see the Red Truck travel down the Merritt in the am to NC.

The yellow busses are the buscams that captured the Red Truck and the graphic also has the JD Suburban. The Red Truck is parked facing north (wrong direction) and the Suburban is parked 100 ft behind the Red truck.

We were trying to figure out if the body of JD was transferred on Lapham or perhaps transferred at another location.
View attachment 204946
Source: Gray Hughes YouTube (2019)

Thanks, he definitely has a skill appreciated

The Criminal Law Society is excited to announce our first event of the semester! Join us on Tuesday, September 24th at 5 pm in the Ceremonial Courtroom to hear Attorney Norm Pattis speak on the topic “Criminal Law as a Vocation: A Necessary and Heartbreaking Calling.”

2696.svg
You crack me up.
Love how you find this stuff.

You and TKB are to be commended in this day and age.
It can't be easy.
I was one of those vigilant mothers years ago that thought I had it covered. In their adult years I found out that they snuck under my radar at times. LOL.
Good chuckles but glad I didn't know it at the time.
MOO.

I wish we had a decent picture of the Lapham Road area dated around the end of May or early June. I wanted to get a better idea of the tree growth/brush foliage at that time of year. Because I can totally see someone being able to use the woods on the west side of Lapham Road and the turn abouts to move a body those 100 feet when the foliage is fairly green and dense. If you look at it in Sept, it makes perfect sense in terms of concealment. Easy to pull the body out of the right side of the Suburban (as it faces south), carry it 100 feet under the cover of the trees to the north facing parked Tacoma, entering it from the left side (using the cover of the vehicles as well).

But, the trees would have been less leafy and dense at the time of the disappearance, not too bare though, either. Hence my wish we could find a closer timestamped example to go by. GE images are in Jan, April, Aug, Sept, etc.

You and TKB are to be commended in this day and age.
It can't be easy.
I was one of those vigilant mothers years ago that thought I had it covered. In their adult years I found out that they snuck under my radar at times. LOL.
Good chuckles but glad I didn't know it at the time.
MOO.
I'm sure mine do sneak under my radar at times too but I figure anything I've managed to stop is one less thing they were exposed to in the bigger, long term picture. Just taking it one day at a time over here and keeping it real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces