Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you about NG and hyperbole but how could there be such a difference of opinion about the amt of blood? Did Greenberg just not read the AWs?

I agree the blood loss mentioned in the AWs looks to be significant. But what I have been trying to figure out is was it enough to result in death?

We haven't seen kidnapping charges which leads me to wonder if JD was in fact murdered in the Welles garage and that is why AW2 refers to 'body' of JD leaving Welles.

MOO

Do defense attorneys ever really give credence to police findings? Their job seems to be to throw shade at the evaluations police have made (see Norm Pattis and his dismissal of all of the currently known evidence, like the videos going to and from NC and Hartford).

Thanks for the link.
Thank you. Very, very powerful, especially when Ms. Luft spoke so movingly about her friend. The comments about Jennifer being in fear for her life were so sad. She did everything possible to protect herself and it still wasn't enough.

I can't help but feel that our legal system failed her. With the help of his lawyers, Dulos played the system for 2 years. If I were one of the many lawyers or so-called experts who emboldened Dulos' disregard for his legal responsibilities (and contempt for court orders), I would submit my resignation immediately. Each and every one of them contributed to this tragedy in some way, and that is something they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.

Thank you. Very, very powerful, especially when Ms. Luft spoke so movingly about her friend. The comments about Jennifer being in fear for her life were so sad. She did everything possible to protect herself and it still wasn't enough.

I can't help but feel that our legal system failed her. With the help of his lawyers, Dulos played the system for 2 years. If I were one of the many lawyers or so-called experts who emboldened Dulos' disregard for his legal responsibilities (and contempt for court orders), I would submit my resignation immediately. Each and every one of them contributed to this tragedy in some way, and that is something they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.
I agree

That’s why I do not work for the state of CT. I did a practicing there in the judicial system court support services division. Let’s just say that’s why I prefer to work in the private sector.

Do defense attorneys ever really give credence to police findings? Their job seems to be to throw shade at the evaluations police have made (see Norm Pattis and his dismissal of all of the currently known evidence, like the videos going to and from NC and Hartford).
I really think it's a mistake to judge defense attorney's using NP as the example. And no, not all defense attorneys ignore police findings or throw shade.

Can't find the video of this interview, but Attorney Bowman himself appeared emotional when talking about MT after AW2 and the case. The quote I found follows:

“We have a judicial system in this country, which is the foundation of our democracy. The most important parts of that system are the presumption of innocence and trial by jury, so I’d like you to remember that Michelle is presumed innocent and she should be,” Bowman said Thursday. “We are prepared to let judgement rest in a jury’s hands.” (Fotis Dulos' Girlfriend Turns Herself In to Police)

His voice seemed to awkwardly crack on the above bolded words...Should she be innocent? Or, should we give her the presumption of innocence? Or, is she innocent? That statement was the first public statement made by AB after the hearings, I think. Is he reacting to the state's attorney "setting her loose," perhaps? The car ride with the protective father and the protective attorney and the lying MT, probably was uncomfortable and a reality check for MT.

I know that AB had an appointment with MT (and FD?) , according to the warrants, on May 29th. However, was there some type of relationship with FD or MT prior to that date in other matters? (My personal opinion, thinks someone was encouraging her to seek representation to protect herself, as LE was thoroughly investigating JD's disappearance. Good advice, IMO.)

Would love to know the behind the scenes machinations. There seem to be many interrelated people and events...so much we don't know yet. Looking forward to the next chapter and MT remembering more important information.
Yes yes and yes. I too wonder what was that relationship

First chance he gets, FD will turn on MT. She did it, he only tried to help clean it up, didn't want her to go to jail, feels terrible about it now, etc, etc. She already flubbed the script so she's desperate to convey she's still on his side, but the second she starts singing, he'll Patrick Frazee her.

MOO
Love that! Patrick Frazee as a 'verb'! We can call it, "doing a Doulos/δοῦλος"! MOO

Just found entire Dr Oz segment: Movers interview starts around 9:15ish and the Real Estate agent is at 10:40ish - total run time 30 min
No wonder Fulos took the listing away from the real estate agent after the narcissistic injury Fulos “suffered” when the agent said what he thought on Dr. Oz. No doubt Fulos is entertaining more sickening revenge fantasies. MOO

Well said. What an utter tragedy. Their marriage made a dark and tangled web on its own; and now, there is nothing but unmeasurable collateral damage.

This is likely what is going on with the appointment of JDs trustee (Mark H. Dean).
If GF (or other family member, etc) can convince a judge that they’ve extensively searched for JD in every way possible and that she was exposed to “peril” they could get a declaration of death before the automatic 7 year missing persons deadline.

(Also of interest, State of CT has a rule that LE has to accept missing persons reports without delay- cannot ask for any waiting period. So NCPD was under obligation to take the missing persons report on JD as soon as it came in to them.)

Connecticut General Statutes Title 45A. Probate Courts and Procedure § 45a-478. Appointment of trustee when person has disappeared. Trustee's rights and duties. Procedure if person reappears
2012 Connecticut General Statutes :: Title 45a - Probate Courts and Procedure :: Chapter 802c - Trusts :: Section 45a-478 - (Formerly Sec. 45-87). Appointment of trustee when person has disappeared. Trustee’s rights and duties. Procedure if person reappears.

No wonder Fulos took the listing away from the real estate agent after the narcissistic injury Fulos “suffered” when the agent said what he thought on Dr. Oz. No doubt Fulos is entertaining more sickening revenge fantasies. MOO
Yes, beware of dropping bricks from the sky in Farmington as 'you are next'!
MOO

This is likely what is going on with the appointment of JDs trustee (Mark H. Dean).
If GF (or other family member, etc) can convince a judge that they’ve extensively searched for JD in every way possible and that she was exposed to “peril” they could get a declaration of death before the automatic 7 year missing persons deadline.

(Also of interest, State of CT has a rule that LE has to accept missing persons reports without delay- cannot ask for any waiting period. So NCPD was under obligation to take the missing persons report on JD as soon as it came in to them.)

Connecticut General Statutes Title 45A. Probate Courts and Procedure § 45a-478. Appointment of trustee when person has disappeared. Trustee's rights and duties. Procedure if person reappears
2012 Connecticut General Statutes :: Title 45a - Probate Courts and Procedure :: Chapter 802c - Trusts :: Section 45a-478 - (Formerly Sec. 45-87). Appointment of trustee when person has disappeared. Trustee’s rights and duties. Procedure if person reappears.
Very interesting. Good to see that JD legal interests are being safeguarded by her family.

Yes, the State of CT has to take the reports on the missing person but what we have seen sometimes is that there is not the level of action taken that was so clearly the case in the JD report taken by NCPD.

MOO

IMO this was his intended route. If he stayed on Rt 35 to go to Rt 123 to NC he would have known he would have to travel through New York. IMO he planned his travel to get off at Silver Springs to take the "back roads" to Sturbridge. You are correct in that this route takes you through a very wooded, remote, dirt roads with a bunch of reservoirs.

There is a strange NC connection to this route. You mentioned Browns Reservoir. There is still an unsolved murder case in New Canaan from 1969. Mary Mount, age 10, was abducted from Kiwanis Park in New Canaan and her body was found off of East Street at Browns Reservoir just off of Silver Spring. Never been solved. Very sad as well.

I live in the neighborhood and never knew about Mary Mount but can believe it. Very secluded private wooded area; definitely not typical New Canaan suburbia. Silver Spring Rd is a popular cut through but a dirt road - I believe on purpose to try to discourage through traffic. More than once I have heard gunfire at night (after 9pm - I assume illegal hunting) and called NC LE to report it but being right on the NY border it is hard to know if they are even going to be able to investigate wherever it is actually happening.

I think there might be a better chance of MT leading LE to JD's remains, if FD is in jail. Plus all of FD communications in jail will be monitored.
Nothing to base it on except other cases (especially the one years ago in Florida with the couple whose baby "disappeared"), but I expect LE has monitored all of FD's communications on the outside.....cars and home. MOO

Last edited:
Very interesting. Good to see that JD legal interests are being safeguarded by her family.

Yes, the State of CT has to take the reports on the missing person but what we have seen sometimes is that there is not the level of action taken that was so clearly the case in the JD report taken by NCPD.

MOO
I'm concerned that if a declaration of death is made, FD would be the "surviving parent." Wouldn't that give him standing in family court so that he or his family could make a claim for custody of the children?

Sadly, I think people like FD are all over the place. Imagine how a victim like JD, who was afraid FD might kill her, would have never
thought she would be the focus of the news as she is now, with her face being broadcast on TV and the internet to the extent that it is.
I would think all this publicity would pressure LE to really start to crack down on FD.
She subconsciously knew what he might be capable of but was understandably not able to comprehend or ever want to believe that it might actually happen. He was the father of her children! I so empathize with what she was going through just trying to make the best of a bad situation she never asked for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robinhood0602