Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
09/20/2019

This notification is brought to you by Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that FOTIS DULOS, with docket number FST CR190148554T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 09/23/2019. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that maybe available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The Connecticut SAVIN Program

djJfMjAxOTA5MjBfMTU0MjgxXzQzNzIxNTBfdmluZV8zMGI2N2FiZC1kMzJlLTRmYzQtYjdjNy00YzNiM2E0YmU3MjNfZ2ouc2Fzc29AY294Lm5ldF8iVGhlIFZJTkUgU2VydmljZSIgPGRvLW5vdC1yZXBseUBnbG9iYWxub3RpZmljYXRpb25zLmNvbT5fQSBtZXNzYWdlIGZyb20gVklORQ==
Oh right!
That's the hearing on Monday.
Thanks.

I didn't view that as a powerful statement in her defense, did you?
He put the ball in the jury's court.
She should be considered innocent in a court of law.
You decide.
MOO
IMO Atty Bowman looked like he had been socked in the stomach as he walked out of Troop G.

He has been clear over the years about not speaking on active cases.

IMO for Atty Bowman to give 'a statement' let alone 'that statement' is a huge deal.

I do wonder if the State showed Atty Bowman and MT some of the additional evidence that has been gathered and perhaps it was something that MT thought would never be found? IDK, but it must have been some show that was presented to them at Troop G. Perhaps they told the MT team to prepare for murder charges?

As a federal prosecutor for 16 years he knows the drill about as well as anyone IMO. So, something must have happened to result in that AW2 for MT from States Atty Colangelo IMO. Perhaps it will just take time for MT to deal with the situation, but I'm not sure how much time she has available?

MOO

Attorney Says Fotis Dulos Deliberately Defaulted on Mortgage and Questions Expenses

Sept 18, 2019

An attorney involved in Fotis Dulos' fight for custody of his five children is questioning his default on his mortgage and his expenses.

“Now the latest excuse is I believe it was a gift,” attorney Richard Weinstein said.

It's been called by Fotis Dulos in court documents a gift, money given to him by his late father in law but Hilliard Farber's attorney Richard Weinstein says tax records tell a different story.

"Hilliard Farber was dead or died, passed away the first week I believe or the second week of January of 2017, long dead by the time Mr. Dulos made the decision to convert a loan into a gift,” Weinstein said.

[...]

"I believed and now have verification from a third-party who testified, his own real estate agent, that Dulos deliberately defaulted on that mortgage in October 2018 even though he should've paid.” Weinstein said.

Weinstein goes on to say that Dulos knew Hilliard Farber's estate would be obligated to make the mortgage payments because the it had provided the bank almost $3 million in cash and securities.

"In fact, he thought according to the real estate agent, that the Hilliard Farber estate would be unable to foreclose on the property, so in effect Mr. Dulos would be getting a multi-million dollar house he's listed for over $4 million without any mortgage."

ETA: Did FD really believe in all his arrogance that his in-laws wouldn't file accurate tax returns depicting their gifts to individuals in excess of annual gift tax exemption? Both the "gift" allegation and default on mortgage just more evidence that he was driven to get rid of Jennifer for financial gain.

But we must stop and realize MT set her daughter's feelings aside big time when she yanked that little preteen out of her school and moved her in with a lover thousands of miles away.

Then she was prepared to move her girl in with the lover's wife and children.

Why would she put her daughter's needs first ever?!

"Relevant past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior." (my quote of the year)
Don't know how I missed this.
So true.

RE: The blood evidence. It seems more than obvious to me that LE has told GF that JD is deceased. GF doesn't seem to be the type that would lay down for a minute if she thought her daughter could possibly be alive.

I cannot wait to see how the Pattis deposition on the source of his funding for the FD defense goes in Civil Court. I wonder if he will answer or even whether he might involk his 5th Amd. rights?

Can Pattis do this and not risk penalties or fines or censure? Pattis can also keep filing responses as to scheduling issues to delay too I suppose but at a certain point I would think the Judge will get fed up as the trial date is still on for December.
IDK.
MOO
There is a process to it. If Pattis refuses to provide answers the requested discovery, Mr. Weinstein will file a motion to get the issue back before the court on an order to show cause (that is the typical motion filed). The parties will make argue their legal positions (again) and IMO the court will order Mr. Pattis to answer the questions or face an order of civil contempt. If he continues to refuse to answer the questions or provide the documents sought, he will be ordered to pay a daily penalty for noncompliance, of such amount to force compliance. Under some circumstances, civil contempt can lead to being jailed until compliance.

In most states, however, Pattis will have the right to take an immediate appeal of this contempt order to the court of appeal, even though the case is not over. This is because questions of attorney client privilege are deemed of sufficient importance as to permit an immediate appeal in these circumstances. That appeal will slow the process down, but it shouldn't slow it down too much. Again, in most states, the appellate court would fast track this type of appeal.

An appeal is not a trial, and the only evidence considered is that which is in the written record on appeal. Arguments are submitted via written briefs and the court may order oral argument. There are no juries and no witnesses, just 3 judges who do not re-decide the facts. Each side usually gets 15-20 minutes to argue. Opinions are based strictly on legal precedent or newly decided legal doctrine. and are issued some time after argument. The issue of whether Pattis must disclose his fee and where it came from is not a new one. If an appeal is taken, I don't think the court is going to want to color outside the lines, but you never know.

Pattis threatened to appeal the gag order, but I have seen no indication that he has done so. This latest issue might be different for him, though, because it hits him in the pocketbook and he is not going to want the amount of his fee made public. If he were a better tactician, he would have diffused this situation weeks ago by entering into some type of confidential agreement, but I do not believe the word 'confidential' is in his vocabulary.

Dulos' claim that he doesn't know how much Pattis is getting paid or even who is paying his fee is absurd. No one, and I mean no one, fails to have that knowledge in this type of situation. It defies common sense to believe his claim, and is just one more example of Dulos not being as slick as he thinks he is. He knows the circumstances of Pattis' payment will lead to the money trail, and that is why he has lied under oath about it. This is one more example of his contemptuous disregard for the truth.

Given the posture of this case, I expect Mr. Pattis will find no relief from the appellate court, and will either answer the questions of be held in contempt. This process make take a few weeks or even a month, but Weinstein is going to get this information IMO.

RE: The blood evidence. It seems more than obvious to me that LE has told GF that JD is deceased. GF doesn't seem to be the type that would lay down for a minute if she thought her daughter could possibly be alive.
Yes, Atty Weinstein confirmed exactly your point in the long interview he did last week.

He said that the Farber family and friends believe JD to be deceased.

I am sure the legal issues associated with this situation are complex and no doubt might involve FD due to the marriage not having been dissolved, so I would think it will take quite a bit of legal work and time in court to resolve.
MOO

Thank you....not the interview I saw (it had a camera centered on AB's face), but this is quite good!
Yes, you found the entire Atty Bowman quote which IMO was much more powerful and most press just reported the shorter statement about 'presumed innocent, as she should be'.

I would think that the next go round of charges will give us the answers to many of the questions that we have about the status of MT with the States Atty.
MOO

Dulos' claim that he doesn't know how much Pattis is getting paid or even who is paying his fee is absurd. No one, and I mean no one, fails to have that knowledge in this type of situation. It defies common sense to believe his claim, and is just one more example of Dulos not being as slick as he thinks he is. He knows the circumstances of Pattis' payment will lead to the money trail, and that is why he has lied under oath about it. This is one more example of his contemptuous disregard for the truth.

Agree. It's completely bogus that FD has no recall of his retainer agreement where we heard in his initial court appearance that Pattis even wanted to attach FD's 401k -- for which the court rightfully rejected. And now he claims some unknown benefactor in another country paying his bills -- yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper