Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IME, doctor's offices and radiology facilities ask for picture ID.
Yes, I agree to the above, and where I live (in the Midwest), they also scan the image into your chart in their computer system. I am not saying it happens at every medical facility here, but it does at 2 different ones that I receive care through. JMO

As you and others have noted, experience has taught us that in this case particularly, it is prudent to assume that anything is possible. I don’t say that lightly. MOO.

Belatedly, I’m reminded of how FD shaved his hair, etc. and how we discussed the reasons possibly being related to him not wanting to leave DNA from his hair at the crime scene or scenes and him wanting to disguise himself such as to resemble EE or someone else. I also now recall NP saying things like the man and the woman in the Tacoma on the trash-can run “possibly” (quote marks are mine) resembling FD and MT. Really, I now think it’s one of many themes here. I wonder if LE uses SPSS or NVivo software to analyze statistical information and qualitative materials from data they have as well as from sources such as here. Both require people who are experienced in the methodologies and neither can tell a story alone but I can see them being useful for identifying patterns and the statistical probabilities of certain aspects. MOO.

Musing along here as I wait for my projects to complete themselves, I’m now thinking how useful it might have been if LE had been able to retrieve the clothes and shoes FD wore that day or even items in the vehicle or laundry (or trash, sure—yikes). I’m sure they did if they were there in time and it was legal because I just thought about how dirt, plants, burrs, leaves, and other items can vary over even a small area. For example, the soil in the farm fields looks very different (darker and finer) than the dirt by the side of the road or on a pathway like to the woods, etc. I can tell where my animals have been sometimes based on burrs, etc. I know you guys said poison ivy is everywhere there but is it in the yards by FD’s houses, for example? I imagine not in the yards so that’s something albeit not much. We can assume as one of many ideas that he did go somewhere with poison ivy, and we know it was on his arms. Given his worries about leaving DNA, it seems like he might have worn long-sleeved shirts and gloves so perhaps it was harder than usual to get it? Are there places around there where it’s rampant? Nothing new and exciting but maybe someone has a lightbulb moment as people here so often do! All MOO.

Just thinking about the information in the motion NP filed trying to get JD's medical records. I was struck that Hartford Courant article contains information not included in the motions-don't know if someone else has posted this yet:

"The new bill, called an explanation of benefits, was from the same New York City medical group that seeks payment of more than $300 from the Dulos’ insurance provider. The motion, filed Friday by Norm Pattis, seeks a court order requiring Anthem Blue Cross to turn over copies of all medical records for Jennifer Farber Dulos...

"If Ms. Dulos herself did, as the bill suggests, receive medical services on July 7, 2019, she is obviously alive, if not necessarily well,'' the motion, written by Pattis, states. “Among the hypotheses the defendant is evaluating in his defense is that Ms. Dulos and/or her family have orchestrated an apparent disappearance to resolve a contentious divorce and custody proceeding that was not breaking Ms. Dulos’ way.”
In court motion, Fotis Dulos’ attorney alleges there’s a new bill indicating Jennifer Farber Dulos saw a doctor nearly two months after she disappeared

So:
  • NP was not only filing a motion he elaborated for his buddies at the HC. (What gag order???)
  • FD has the EOB as many here have suggested.
  • The amount of $300 isn't mentioned in the motion nor is the term EOB.
  • Norm doesn't go out on the limb...notice among other weasel words in the motion his use of "suggests." (Proves nothing, in other words...)
  • Hope Judge Blawie is taking notes so he can issue the fines and sanctions when the SC rules.

S/BBM
In my opinion, FD did not send anybody in to a dr’s office on a Sunday in July. Actually, I think that the entire claim that JD was treated at all, anywhere, after May 24, is not just a mistake, but a lie conjured up by NP on FD’s behalf-because they have no case.

I agree that this is, by far, the most likely scenario - and he's done it before.

Just thinking about the information in the motion NP filed trying to get JD's medical records. I was struck that Hartford Courant article contains information not included in the motions-don't know if someone else has posted this yet:

"The new bill, called an explanation of benefits, was from the same New York City medical group that seeks payment of more than $300 from the Dulos’ insurance provider. The motion, filed Friday by Norm Pattis, seeks a court order requiring Anthem Blue Cross to turn over copies of all medical records for Jennifer Farber Dulos...

"If Ms. Dulos herself did, as the bill suggests, receive medical services on July 7, 2019, she is obviously alive, if not necessarily well,'' the motion, written by Pattis, states. “Among the hypotheses the defendant is evaluating in his defense is that Ms. Dulos and/or her family have orchestrated an apparent disappearance to resolve a contentious divorce and custody proceeding that was not breaking Ms. Dulos’ way.”
In court motion, Fotis Dulos’ attorney alleges there’s a new bill indicating Jennifer Farber Dulos saw a doctor nearly two months after she disappeared

So:
  • NP was not only filing a motion he elaborated for his buddies at the HC. (What gag order???)
  • Norm doesn't go out on the limb...notice among other weasel words in the motion his use of "suggests." (Proves nothing, in other words...)
  • Hope Judge Blawie is taking notes so he can issue the fines and sanctions when the SC rules.

If (and that's a big if) a bill or EoB does exist (mistakenly dated, or a repeat of an older bill that she didn't have a chance to pay, being murdered and all) - and NP SHOWED that bill to the HC - then he's committed another crime.

In fact, his merely discussing it with them might be a crime in itself.

ETA: last line

Last edited:
bbm
Atty P can "speak" about this because he is evading the gag order because the 'speech' is contained in a legal motion to the Court. Such document is not subject to the 'gag order'. Because this behaviour was totally expected from Atty P when the 'gag order' was instituted and he has now proven that our suspicions as to his behaviour are confirmed, it looks like Judge Blawie might have to go the next step and seal the court records to prevent such future 'end runs' around the 'gag order' by Atty P.

Its all a cynical, irresponsible, sick and sad ploy by a desperate defense team that IMO simply "HAVE NO CASE".

MOO

I think sealing the court records is important now more than ever, not simply because some news outlets will misinform or report hearsay (which is what constitutes most of his motions) as if it were fact - which is indeed a problem - but because the sensationalist lies he's including in his motions are harmful to the children.

While I would love to be able keep reading the motions and knowing what's happening, he's gone too far, and - clearly - neither he nor FD has ANY regard for the children's emotional well-being.

Edit: changed "news" to "some news outlets," because some news orgs are valid and don't report hearsay, while some are known for doing just that!

Brava! Wise words indeed @Southernsnooper to "keep our eye on the prize of justice and not be derailed"!

I have confidence that extensive forensic evidence is available on every piece of evidence found thus far by LE. So far we just have heard about confirming DNA evidence related to JD. We have not heard about other DNA findings from any of the AW1 an AW2 evidence.

I think it was @MassGuy who earlier this evening said these ploys of Atty. P 'smack of desperation'!

Atty. P and FD have ZERO in the way of alternative theory and alibi. Zero.

When you have ZERO to work with you have to resort to despicable and underhanded techniques such as what we have seen in this case FROM THE BEGINNING.

Who knows the provenance of the alleged JD EOB? Does Atty P care? NOPE. Did Atty P care that the psych report was stolen and was a draft report that was inadmissible as evidence in Family Court and further was sealed by Family Court before he released it to the press? NOPE. Not caring about the rules and certainly not following the rules is simply how Atty. P and his firm roll IMO. He likes to say that he pushes boundaries but the track record on his behaviour shows another darker story about his behaviour choices entirely.

The previously cited Yale rape case trial is probably about as good of an example of victim shaming and victim blaming as I have ever seen in many years of tracking similar cases. The women of Yale and the Yale community were subjected to hearing the ongoing commentary from Atty. P on the case for months. Atty P in his blog blames 'fake news' for his bad press in the case, but IMO the real story was much more complex.

Atty P made much of 'behaviour' of the victim along with her communication with the accused and spent much time discussing her 'attire' and the fact that the crime wasn't reported until 1.5 days after it occurred. Atty P did what he always seems to do which is to exploit evidence gaps in the case and in this case there were any number of these to work with. There was drinking involved but sadly not much actual evidence from the State as to the extent and Atty P exploited this situation IMO to the max almost as if to say that if you drink too much you run the risk of being raped, sorry not sorry. But the coup de grace IMO was that after the fact Atty P can write an article like the following on his blog essentially saying, "poor poor pitiful me", I was simply doing my job and the evidence I was discussing was first submitted by the State. Absolute abdication of any personal or professional responsibility IMO for the process and method by which he chose to do 'his job'. Crying

The Yale Rape case was complicated by many factors and its not possible to do justice to the issues in a short paragraph. MY ONLY POINT in bringing up a few of the issues is to share with those not familiar with Atty P that his legal, moral and ethical boundaries are 'non existent' IMO. I think Atty P shares this characteristic with FD which is why I believe eventually they will implode as a team.

Rape, like murder, is a shocking and violent crime that is extremely personal. The Yale case showed me that Atty P will go to any lengths to prevail and that will include a full and violent thrashing of the victim. IMO the Yale case is a "SAD PREVIEW" of what the JD case most likely will become. These early motions about medical records will just be the beginning of what is to come from Atty. P and we will no doubt be subjected to a mountain load of sludge and slime being thrown because that is what Atty P does, he has no other tools in his belt and sadly victims are simply collateral damage in the process slinging the sludge and slime. Its a gross, horrific and upsetting process to watch Atty P in action. These medical records from JD are just the beginning, so steel yourself and be prepared for the worst as that is really all Atty P has to offer, its simply how he rolls.

There is zero doubt in my mind that in the JD case that Atty P has no case. None. We might have to go through more AWs with additional charges to get to the point of murder charges but eventually it will happen IMO. I personally welcome the idea of stacking charges against FD to the point where such "lesser charges" would result in 30+ years in prison. I welcome this strategy for MT as well.

IMO Atty Colangelo well understands how Atty P as a purveyor of sludge and slime operates and how any small crevice available in the submitted evidence will be exploited, so even if it takes 2 or more years to put forward a solid case for the prosecution of the case against FD and MT for murder then I'm good with that if it means justice for the victim here. Because the only way to prevail against a purveyor of sludge and slime is to put on an impeccable case and that is a time consuming process.

MOO

Not to get too much into this case, as it's clearly very involved, but being incapacitated is one of the definitions of rape.

If she was drunk, she could not have consented, therefore = rape.

But, I'm sure her lawyer brought that up. There need to be more aggressive lawyers to protect rape victims, but sadly, it's the perpetrators who hire the most aggressive attorneys.

Last edited:

So:
Absolutely agree that this was just another REPOSTING of PATTIS QUOTES by HC. Yawn....

One thing that is so despicable about these reposted articles is that it gives a 'veneer' of respectability to the outright speculation and untruths of Pattisville.

One of the favourite Pattisville techniques is the 'definitive conclusion' with little to no information. In this case, Pattisville has at best an EOB with perhaps some vague code for procedure or service (IDK which, if any and I wonder even if Pattisville does either!), and the CONCLUSION IS THAT JD IS UNWELL. Did the HC even stop to consider that people go to doctors when they are 'WELL'? Nope, the article went with the direct quote and inference that the only reason one goes to the DR is because one is UNWELL. Absolute rubbish logic IMO and IMO also totally irresponsible reporting/reposting!

We also get the ongoing absolutely BS story about the 'state of the divorce case' and how FD was on the brink of prevailing. AGAIN, THERE IS ZERO IN THE FAMILY COURT RECORD TO SUGGEST THIS IS TRUE. IN FACT MUCH MORE EVIDENCE EXISTS TO SUGGEST THE EXACT OPPOSITE IMO. Botton line, was that the divorce case was nowhere near going to trail at the time JD went 'missing' but was reaching a point where FD was being asked to step up and provide information that for whatever reason was proving impossible for him to do IMO.

Again, no words for the sheer lack of professionalism from HC in not reality checking the statements made by Atty P. What I would really like to know if if the HC just takes a pre written statement from Pattisville and slaps a byline on it as reading this reposted articles they seem more like 'press releases' vs anything remotely close to classic journalism IMO. Its a very sad state of affairs at the HC IMO and I hope Atty P is compensating his 'pals' at the HC well for their 'reposting' activities as its cheaper than hiring a bona fide PR firm IMO!

MOO

I really want to see the court deal aggressively with NP and FD, since they have obviously elected to ignore the gag order, by filling in the blanks for the Hartford Courant. It is absolutely ridiculous that the court is allowing them to do this-actually, I am outraged by this, and any Connecticut taxpayer should be, too. What, truly, is the sense of Judge Blawie (or any judge) even bothering to rule on anything, only to have a contrary defendant and his loopy lawyer entirely ignore his ruling-completely without consequences? IDK-maybe from the court’s perspective, it’s the ruling that matters, and not the follow up.

Absolutely agree that this was just another REPOSTING of PATTIS QUOTES by HC. Yawn....

One thing that is so despicable about these reposted articles is that it gives a 'veneer' of respectability to the outright speculation and untruths of Pattisville.

One of the favourite Pattisville techniques is the 'definitive conclusion' with little to no information. In this case, Pattisville has at best an EOB with perhaps some vague code for procedure or service (IDK which, if any and I wonder even if Pattisville does either!), and the CONCLUSION IS THAT JD IS UNWELL. Did the HC even stop to consider that people go to doctors when they are 'WELL'? Nope, the article went with the direct quote and inference that the only reason one goes to the DR is because one is UNWELL. Absolute rubbish logic IMO and IMO also totally irresponsible reporting/reposting!

We also get the ongoing absolutely BS story about the 'state of the divorce case' and how FD was on the brink of prevailing. AGAIN, THERE IS ZERO IN THE FAMILY COURT RECORD TO SUGGEST THIS IS TRUE. IN FACT MUCH MORE EVIDENCE EXISTS TO SUGGEST THE EXACT OPPOSITE IMO. Botton line, was that the divorce case was nowhere near going to trail at the time JD went 'missing' but was reaching a point where FD was being asked to step up and provide information that for whatever reason was proving impossible for him to do IMO.

Again, no words for the sheer lack of professionalism from HC in not reality checking the statements made by Atty P. What I would really like to know if if the HC just takes a pre written statement from Pattisville and slaps a byline on it as reading this reposted articles they seem more like 'press releases' vs anything remotely close to classic journalism IMO. Its a very sad state of affairs at the HC IMO and I hope Atty P is compensating his 'pals' at the HC well for their 'reposting' activities as its cheaper than hiring a bona fide PR firm IMO!

MOO

NP uses articles on this case to advertise himself. Is that legal?
Page 1/36: Pattis & Smith Law Firm | Norm Pattis in the News | Media Clips

ETA screenshot, so you don't have to visit his webpage!

Attachments

• np uses case as advertising.png
    np uses case as advertising.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 34
I’m imagining FD is practicing his defence in front of the mirror, in his most Dad-like velvet blazer. The following should be read sotto voce.

“Jennifer has always had difficulties with her mental health. It runs in her family. She experienced episodes of paranoia, especially when I was abroad on my monthly fortnight-long business trips. It didn’t help that she dabbled with drugs.

When her father died she became depressed. That sort of thing runs in her family.

She left the family home and I was very worried that the children (I love my children) were in the sole care of someone who is mentally unstable.

Jennifer hated me because she was paranoid and mentally unstable and took drugs. She has tried to hurt herself before. She told me that one day she would make it look as though I harmed her so I would go to prison and never again be able to enter the children in a waterski competition.

I believe she may have found out she was terminally ill and also pregnant (I think she was promiscuous), and saw this as a convenient time to disappear.

Her family hates me, because Jennifer told them lies about me. They plotted with her to fake an assault and disappearance, and blame it on me.

They took my kids to NYC. My mother-in-law organised armed guards in advance, to make it look as though I was a threatening sort of person. That’s how sick they all are.

When I was at Jennifer’s house on the Wednesday (Jennifer and I had been cordial, since she realised she had been taken by her lawyers), she asked me to meet her at her house after she dropped off the kids at school on the Friday.

I did go there. After my customary morning walk through the woods to one of my other houses, I drove there in my employee’s truck because it is good for me to know how it feels to be a poor person. (I also give a lot of money to charity).

When I got to Jennifer’s house, the garage door was open. There was no sign of Jenifer, but her tee shirt and bra and a cushion were lying in a pool of blood.

I realised straight away that she had done this thing she had threatened to do. Stage an assault and make it look like I did it.

My main concern was for the children (I love my children). I did not want them to see the blood and the mess. I figured Jennifer would change her mind and show up soon, so I cleaned up the mess.

I think I may have gone home via Waveney Park where Jennifer likes to jog, to see if she was hanging out there.

I asked Michelle for her advice and she said I should throw away the bags of stuff. She showed me a place to dump them. I disposed of these things to protect my children from Jennifer’s actions, and now it is me on the stand, when really it should be her.

I love all my children, especially the two eldest ones. Someone needs to see who is the greatest affected in all of this.

But I don’t want to say any more.” (secret smile).

JMO

I’m imagining FD is practicing his defence in front of the mirror, in his most Dad-like velvet blazer. The following should be read sotto voce.

“Jennifer has always had difficulties with her mental health. It runs in her family. She experienced episodes of paranoia, especially when I was abroad on my monthly fortnight-long business trips. It didn’t help that she dabbled with drugs.

When her father died she became depressed. That sort of thing runs in her family.

She left the family home and I was very worried that the children (I love my children) were in the sole care of someone who is mentally unstable.

Jennifer hated me because she was paranoid and mentally unstable and took drugs. She has tried to hurt herself before. She told me that one day she would make it look as though I harmed her so I would go to prison and never again be able to enter the children in a waterski competition.

I believe she may have found out she was terminally ill and also pregnant (I think she was promiscuous), and saw this as a convenient time to disappear.

Her family hates me, because Jennifer told them lies about me. They plotted with her to fake an assault and disappearance, and blame it on me.

They took my kids to NYC. My mother-in-law organised armed guards in advance, to make it look as though I was a threatening sort of person. That’s how sick they all are.

When I was at Jennifer’s house on the Wednesday (Jennifer and I had been cordial, since she realised she had been taken by her lawyers), she asked me to meet her at her house after she dropped off the kids at school on the Friday.

I did go there. After my customary morning walk through the woods to one of my other houses, I drove there in my employee’s truck because it is good for me to know how it feels to be a poor person. (I also give a lot of money to charity).

When I got to Jennifer’s house, the garage door was open. There was no sign of Jenifer, but her tee shirt and bra and a cushion were lying in a pool of blood.

I realised straight away that she had done this thing she had threatened to do. Stage an assault and make it look like I did it.

My main concern was for the children (I love my children). I did not want them to see the blood and the mess. I figured Jennifer would change her mind and show up soon, so I cleaned up the mess.

I think I may have gone home via Waveney Park where Jennifer likes to jog, to see if she was hanging out there.

I asked Michelle for her advice and she said I should throw away the bags of stuff. She showed me a place to dump them. I disposed of these things to protect my children from Jennifer’s actions, and now it is me on the stand, when really it should be her.

I love all my children, especially the two eldest ones. Someone needs to see who is the greatest affected in all of this.

JMO

Brilliant! You forgot the part where she went to her regular doctor in July when everyone knew she was missing and no one in that office reported seeing her. She even used her own ID and insurance! Isn’t she supposed to be in hiding? They contradict their own theories.

I wonder if there will be fake sightings as with the Lacy Peterson case, arranged by NP of course. Maybe next they’ll blame a cult for kidnapping her to get her baby that she’s not pregnant with. MOO

JMO
Thanks for the daily laugh! Sick humour for dark times IMO!

I do have to admit to being absolutely surprised that Atty. P and FD have been so clear in defending FD mental health while at the same time slamming the mental health of JD. Its a high risk low return strategy IMO so FD, of 'doing differential equations in his jail cell at BPT', would be well aware. Curious POV IMO and I think FD might be well advised to rethink his probability estimates on likely outcomes!

If things play out with more charges as I believe they will and an alternative solution/alibi never materializes (which I don't thing will happen in the form to be credible to a jury) then one of the only other ways to evade long term incarceration for FD would be mental incapacity IMO absent a delusional belief that a jury would not convict FD of murder.

BUT, the good news is that Pattisville has effectively taken this option 'off the table' with all of the selective 'leaks' from the psych reports and the infamous quote from Atty R., that "FD is not a psychopath". FD per Pattisville is emotionally fit and emotionally strong, his periods of delusion and revenge fantasies have passed and he is in such great shape emotionally that he is now able to 'opine' on the mental health and strength of the victim, JD and PS he misses his children, wants to see them and believes he should have custody of them! Its all quite laughable in a totally sick way and absolute nonsense IMO! FD, a person that Family Court said was only permitted supervised visitation with his children after a long and sorry history of psychological abuse of his 2 oldest children and JD, is somehow now positioned to opine on the mental fitness of JD? This is sheer lunacy IMO!

Perhaps this situation of FD mental health and strength will change as the noose around the defence tightens and perhaps Atty P might be gearing up another 4.20 driven motion to evaluate "FD competency to stand trial". The red flags as to FD mental health are all over the Family Court files and I'm just surprised to not see Pattisville exploiting this 'field of gold' to simply place their miscreant client in a lifetime of mental hospital care rather than maximum security prison for the duration of his lifetime.

The ego of FD IMO most likely would never permit any of this to happen and for this I think we are blessed at least as it relates to this issue! I can just hear him screaming and neck expanding as Atty P explains the process to him and FD would be yelling, "I AM COMPETENT, I AM COMPETENT, I AM COMPETENT, I AM IN THE TOP 3% " over and over and over again.

SOME INFO FROM STATE OF CT ON COMPETENCY:
https://www.cga.ct.gov/2017/rpt/pdf/2017-R-0164.pdf
MOO

Last edited:

JMO

Genius!

I question whether Atty P or FD reported the EOB that is described in the latest motion to LE in advance of filing the motion?

Would not disclosing the information about an alleged 7/19 visit to a doctor by JD to LE constitute 'hindering' yet again?

Sec. 53a-165. Hindering prosecution defined. As used in sections 53a-165aa, 53a-166 and 53a-167, a person “renders criminal assistance” when, with intent to prevent, hinder or delay the discovery or apprehension of, or the lodging of a criminal charge against, another person whom such person knows or believes has committed a felony or is being sought by law enforcement officials for the commission of a felony, or with intent to assist another person in profiting or benefiting from the commission of a felony, such person: (1) Harbors or conceals such other person; or (2) warns such other person of impending discovery or apprehension; or (3) provides such other person with money, transportation, weapon, disguise or other means of avoiding discovery or apprehension; or (4) prevents or obstructs, by means of force, intimidation or deception, any person from performing an act which might aid in the discovery or apprehension of such other person or in the lodging of a criminal charge against such other person; or (5) suppresses, by an act of concealment, alteration or destruction, any physical evidence which might aid in the discovery or apprehension of such other person or in the lodging of a criminal charge against such other person; or (6) aids such other person to protect or expeditiously profit from an advantage derived from such crime.

Chapter 952 - Penal Code: Offenses

Great thought! I completely forgot, when we were talking about the first “bill” of $14000 NP was in a lather about, we talked about online access to JDs info. One thing I wondered was if he could have possibly nabbed paperwork on the morning of the 24th. We know JD has appointments later that day and she could have had paperwork on her. After appointments, some providers offer access to an online acct via a code. If FD got his hands on this, he could have set up an acct on his own. I agree with you, knowing how these “bills” are being obtained is the question of the day.

So either way FD/NP is in possession of protected information not once but twice!?!

So:

Something Smells Fishy Here.

Why is NP Requesting records from Anthem Blue Cross and Not the Medical Provider?

You would think that NP would want the Medical Provider records and the ability to question the Medical Provider.

The Insurance Company was NOT at the Medical Provider's facility and cannot say whether it was actually JF that received services.

The Insurance Company does NOT have the Complete Medical Records.

The Insurance Company Only has the Billing CODES, unless they contact a provider for more information to determine eligibility.

This just does not make sense, for the person who has No Case.

Filing This Motion is part of NP's GAME.

He Knows that the Motion will go No Where.

Even IF, and that is a Big IF, NP were to be granted the motion, What Exactly does NP expect to receive from the Insurance Company? More Codes?

He also Knows that by filing the motion, he gets Another Jab at JF/Dr. GF and Another Opportunity to Taint the Jury Pool.

There is Absolutely No Substance to this Motion.

IMO.

You are correct as to technicalities, generally speaking. Ex: I saw a footer in a document flipping petitioner with respondent. Obvious typo. Template used but paralegal missed using find and replace feature.
But this is misidentification of a party. I don’t know about the rest of the document. But if there are multiple other errors as the original poster mentioned, his work is deliberately sloppy to gain more media exposure or needs to be replead to correct the error(s). Make NP comply with rules. Here’s a good place to start. What’s NP going to say? Judge made a bad ruling against us bc I made a typo in the document? Who’s at fault here? Judge does not rewrite sloppy pleadings. I don’t think the judge has the right to redraft the document. He is not required to figure out what the writer really meant. He can take it at face value. Or embarrass NP at a hearing and ask him to present a valid argument for the document as written.
That’s why we have judges. They are the gods of the legal system. Guardians of the Law.

You are correct as to technicalities, generally speaking. Ex: I saw a footer in a document flipping petitioner with respondent. Obvious typo. Template used but paralegal missed using find and replace feature.
But this is misidentification of a party. I don’t know about the rest of the document. But if there are multiple other errors as the original poster mentioned, his work is deliberately sloppy to gain more media exposure or needs to be replead to correct the error(s). Make NP comply with rules. Here’s a good place to start. What’s NP going to say? Judge made a bad ruling against us bc I made a typo in the document? Who’s at fault here? Judge does not rewrite sloppy pleadings. I don’t think the judge has the right to redraft the document. He is not required to figure out what the writer really meant. He can take it at face value. Or embarrass NP at a hearing and ask him to present a valid argument for the document as written.
That’s why we have judges. They are the gods of the legal system. Guardians of the Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Escolada