Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great points! Further to your questions, did MT verify to LE where in the Tacoma FD was cleaning the coffee spot? Did that coffee spot happen to be the same spot that matched back to Jennifers blood? We know MT saw pics of the truck because of her highly quoted comment, so I have to imagine that LE asked her to point to the spot that was cleaned...

MOO
Yes, I believe the reference was to the Tacoma passenger seat in AW2. Still wonder how the blood got there and do wonder if it was a bag that leaked but then we had the odd statement from MT about JD body being in the passenger seat.

We could debate the MT statement on the JD body in the Tacoma endlessly as it seemed like she might have been saying what she thought LE wanted her to say as the wording used in the AW2 just seemed 'off' for lack of a better description. Seemed like the comment could have been the result of frustration or a long interview or something but it didn't IMO seem natural or genuinely given at all.

MOO

So? Where was GV Friday am? Could he be the missing link?
Funny, I keep waiting for GV to appear in this case or one of the other long time FORE employees and instead the person who appeared first in this case was in the infamous KM.

I've been waiting for more info on KM, his ongoing case for spousal rape and on/off divorce now for nearly 2 months and not much going on. NCPD hasn't said much of anything in this case but Chief K did say that any/all people involved with the disappearance of JD would be found and prosecuted. I very much hope that this is in fact what is happening and its just taking a good bit of time to accomplish.

MOO

Yes, I believe the reference was to the Tacoma passenger seat in AW2. Still wonder how the blood got there and do wonder if it was a bag that leaked but then we had the odd statement from MT about JD body being in the passenger seat.

We could debate the MT statement on the JD body in the Tacoma endlessly as it seemed like she might have been saying what she thought LE wanted her to say as the wording used in the AW2 just seemed 'off' for lack of a better description. Seemed like the comment could have been the result of frustration or a long interview or something but it didn't IMO seem natural or genuinely given at all.

MOO
I thought the MT statement came from seeing a pic with blood on the door? I think I need a refresher on AW 2.

I know I have said this before, but what if dropping off construction waste in that fashion was common for him to avoid paying collection fees? If it were a normal thing, why bother leaving the phone at home? He could just say he always did that. This time he merely added a few extra items not ever thinking they would be found. MOO

He wasn’t worried about saving on collection fees. He had a huge dumpster for construction debris. Besides, it wasn’t his money...

Funny, I keep waiting for GV to appear in this case or one of the other long time FORE employees and instead the person who appeared first in this case was in the infamous KM.

I've been waiting for more info on KM, his ongoing case for spousal rape and on/off divorce now for nearly 2 months and not much going on. NCPD hasn't said much of anything in this case but Chief K did say that any/all people involved with the disappearance of JD would be found and prosecuted. I very much hope that this is in fact what is happening and its just taking a good bit of time to accomplish.

MOO

Looked in on the KM divorce court records recently...There is some activity this week, I believe.

Files are not open online, but numerous motions relating to financial disclosure etc. have gone back and forth. SOP? Isn't there supposed to be some CT procedure for divorce that the financial disclosures should be first on the divorce agenda???

I, too, am curious to see how the divorce action proceeds, but am certain both KM and GV have been interviewed by the police. Didn't someone in the press yell something at NP about KM denying he saw FD on the morning of the 24th, and NP responded in the same fashion as he did about the "lying lover,"? I think the line is, "I'm sure he'll remember at trial, under oath." Besides NP's holiday comparisons, the "under oath" line is a also a good press bite.

As you've so eloquently stated....what a cast of characters....EH?

Trustee v. Dulos
113.00 10/29/2019 D DISCLOSURE OF DEFENSE
Document.gif
newred.gif

I know I have said this before, but what if dropping off construction waste in that fashion was common for him to avoid paying collection fees? If it were a normal thing, why bother leaving the phone at home? He could just say he always did that. This time he merely added a few extra items not ever thinking they would be found. MOO

I agree SkylarSid.
As FD was careful not to carry his phone, on the morning of the murder, he was well aware, that his movements could be traced by having his phone 'on him'.
The search of his phone, leading to the 'drop off run', where blood and probably other items leading to Jennifer, will be this creep's downfall.
Stupid thought the items he placed in bins along the road, would have all been incinerated.
Thank goodness, there was a public holiday, delaying the bins being removed, and the fast actions of LE in tracing this jerk's movements.
MOO.

I have competing theories. MT at 4JC most of the morning. MT in NC most of the morning.

How many cars, how many locations did two people manage to touch in one day?

My hope is there is video footage of every incriminating maneuver.

MOO

AND when their crazy maneuvers are made public, how happy we will all be.:):)
BUT imagine the looks on both FD's and MT's face.
YIPPEE.:D:D
MOO.

MOO
When I read AW2 and saw that LE took the red truck and presumably the seats on 6/6, (since EE saved the seats and gave them to LE and revealed the story of the seats with LE in the interview on 6/6 with EE attorney Lindy Urso present) but then LE did not get a search warrant to test the seats for JD DNA until 6/20 (2 weeks later) I surmised that the blood stain on the seat was not very big or noticeable. It took LE some time to figure out where it was and to dissect the part of the seat where it had soaked in, likely using luminol. Of course, LE was busy trying to piece together things that early in the game, understandably, but I’m sure they carefully inspected the seats.
Either the cleanup job was pretty good, or it wasn’t a large stain in the first place. We know the story about the coffee stain and the towel from AW2, and the quote from MT about LE showing her the blood “in the door”. We don’t know if that blood “in the door” was visible to the naked eye though in the photo (presumably during questioning MT was shown a photo not the actual door), or whether LE showed MT a photo of the door after luminol testing, which detects blood at amounts not always visible to the naked eye. I suspect the latter- between FD/MT and Russell Speeder, and EE having the truck over the weekend, it’s unlikely there was a big splotch of visible blood in the door.
All to say, hearing about this big cleanup job and the lengthy time at 80MS, about a possible bloody body or bags being transported in the truck, it is easy to envision quite an obvious mess of blood, when it may be the forensic skills and tools at the hand of LE that has detected this evidence, and it may be just small amounts. Which may or may not have been a “leaking bag” or bloody body (but of course certainly could have been).
MOO

I agree SkylarSid.
As FD was careful not to carry his phone, on the morning of the murder, he was well aware, that his movements could be traced by having his phone 'on him'.
The search of his phone, leading to the 'drop off run', where blood and probably other items leading to Jennifer, will be this creep's downfall.
Stupid thought the items he placed in bins along the road, would have all been incinerated.
Thank goodness, there was a public holiday, delaying the bins being removed, and the fast actions of LE in tracing this jerk's movements.

MOO.
Responding to BBM:
Unbelievably stupid to bring the phones to Albany. Does he think LE only looks at a teeny tiny portion of what a suspect's movements have been? That nothing in days or weeks prior to or after the crime is examined? He didn't think they would talk further to EE? Everything FD said to EE was consciousness of guilt. FD thought as long as he couldn't be placed in NC, he was home free. Seems FD thought LE doesn't understand that a phone is not a surgically implanted chip. He really thought LE could not figure out that a phone doesn't always go where its owner goes. Must be why he was so happy to hand the phone over. Wonder what the lawyer's advice was that day. If I was guilty like FD, I never would have brought that phone to the station. Especially knowing I went down Albany with it disposing of crime scene items. Sure, records could have been gotten from the phone carrier. But does that take longer than a forensic exam of the phone itself?

Looked in on the KM divorce court records recently...There is some activity this week, I believe.

Files are not open online, but numerous motions relating to financial disclosure etc. have gone back and forth. SOP? Isn't there supposed to be some CT procedure for divorce that the financial disclosures should be first on the divorce agenda???

I, too, am curious to see how the divorce action proceeds, but am certain both KM and GV have been interviewed by the police. Didn't someone in the press yell something at NP about KM denying he saw FD on the morning of the 24th, and NP responded in the same fashion as he did about the "lying lover,"? I think the line is, "I'm sure he'll remember at trial, under oath." Besides NP's holiday comparisons, the "under oath" line is a also a good press bite.

As you've so eloquently stated....what a cast of characters....EH?
KM next court date in his criminal matters is 11/19 (spousal rape, violation of restraining order, etc).

Trustee v. Dulos
113.00 10/29/2019 D DISCLOSURE OF DEFENSE
Document.gif
newred.gif
FD's attorney is Michael J. Habib....He's not the Commissioner of the Superior Court...Right...

From the disclosure:
(1) The alleged mortgage debt has been satisfied;
(2) The Plaintiff is not the owner of the alleged debt;
(3) The Plaintiff is not the holder of the alleged Note;

(4) The Plaintiff is not authorized or otherwise entitled to enforce the terms of the alleged Mortgage and the alleged Note.
(5) The alleged mortgage debt is erroneous;
(6) Defendants contest the amount of debt claimed by the Plaintiff;
(7) The alleged non-payment of the installment(s) of principal and interest pled in the Plaintiff’s Complaint, and the alleged default resulting therefrom, was due to mistake or accident, and upon tender of such installment(s) the Defendants must be relieved of any alleged default which may have occurred by reason of the alleged failure to pay the installment(s) when due, and the Defendants must be relieved of any forfeiture which might ensue by reasons of such alleged default;
(8) The Plaintiff did not give sufficient Notice of Defendants’ alleged Default in accordance with the terms of the Mortgage and the Note;
(9) The Plaintiff did not give sufficient Notice of its acceleration of the alleged indebtedness in accordance with the terms of the Mortgage and the Note; and/or,
(10) The Plaintiff does not have the right to accelerate the alleged indebtedness.

This was pretty much it for the disclosure of the defense...I think it's okay to quote it all as it's not MSM. I'm at a loss to believe that someone who hasn't paid a mortgage in a year feels that it was a mistake or accident.....

Calling any legal/financial wizards. Is this a throw all available defenses at the wall and see what lands or ???? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Reason number seven is absolute fiction IMO. His real estate agent already spilled the beans on this back in September

From NBC Connecticut
"I believed and now have verification from a third-party who testified, his own real estate agent, that Dulos deliberately defaulted on that mortgage in October 2018 even though he should've paid.” Weinstein said.

It is a 40 minute Walk from 80MS to 4JC according to Google maps. There was much discussion on this 39 minute Phone trip, many threads back.

In Addition, the AW2 states that EE has to help FD Return a Vehicle to 4JC when EE unexpectedly arrives at 80MS that afternoon, leading us to the conclusion that too many vehicles were at 80MS and a 39 Minute Walk to 4JC to Subsequently Drive a vehicle back to 80MS, would answer that question. That would then be 4 vehicles at 80MS and 3 drivers.

EE’s Red Truck
FD’s Ford Raptor
And any two of the following:
Jeep Cherokee
Tahoe Rental
FD’s Suburban

Where was MT when FD had to Walk 39 minutes, or was this the actual point, so that FD’s Phone pings would show that the phone Walked home?

What if the person Walking FD’s phone back home to 4JC, was actually MT?

IMO.
Personally I agree that walking back to get a 3rd vehicle makes most sense in this timeline, but there is another possibility.

That would be that the red truck began its trip the morning of the 24th from 80MS, and FD drove to 80MS in another vehicle (maybe his Suburban) very early that morning. (NP, gossip here, and lack of detail in AW2 lean towards the red truck and FD not beginning the journey at 4JC, where EE said he had left his truck originally on 5/20.)
If FD drove to 80MS early morning where the red truck was parked and left the vehicle he arrived in there, then returned to 80MS from NC and had MT drive over with the phone, that would mean there were 3 vehicles at 80MS at that point.
So then how to explain the time gap in moving the phone at 3:38-4:17pm? I timed it out and that is precisely the amount of time to drive from 80MS to Russell Speeders and run the car through the drive-through Express Car wash there (not the hand detail) and back. Google data says not very crowded at that time on Friday afternoons, and if FD had carried the body in the bed of the truck this could have been a quick way to get the exterior clean.
I had come up with this scenario before we saw AW2 but after MSM reported that LE had been at the car wash, to account for FD being at the car wash.
Again, I lean against this scenario, given the details that were provided in AW2, but it seems it is also possible with the timeline and number of vehicles at 80MS that afternoon.
MOO.

FD's attorney is Michael J. Habib....He's not the Commissioner of the Superior Court...Right...

From the disclosure:
(1) The alleged mortgage debt has been satisfied;
(2) The Plaintiff is not the owner of the alleged debt;
(3) The Plaintiff is not the holder of the alleged Note;

(4) The Plaintiff is not authorized or otherwise entitled to enforce the terms of the alleged Mortgage and the alleged Note.
(5) The alleged mortgage debt is erroneous;
(6) Defendants contest the amount of debt claimed by the Plaintiff;
(7) The alleged non-payment of the installment(s) of principal and interest pled in the Plaintiff’s Complaint, and the alleged default resulting therefrom, was due to mistake or accident, and upon tender of such installment(s) the Defendants must be relieved of any alleged default which may have occurred by reason of the alleged failure to pay the installment(s) when due, and the Defendants must be relieved of any forfeiture which might ensue by reasons of such alleged default;
(8) The Plaintiff did not give sufficient Notice of Defendants’ alleged Default in accordance with the terms of the Mortgage and the Note;
(9) The Plaintiff did not give sufficient Notice of its acceleration of the alleged indebtedness in accordance with the terms of the Mortgage and the Note; and/or,
(10) The Plaintiff does not have the right to accelerate the alleged indebtedness.

This was pretty much it for the disclosure of the defense...I think it's okay to quote it all as it's not MSM. I'm at a loss to believe that someone who hasn't paid a mortgage in a year feels that it was a mistake or accident.....

Calling any legal/financial wizards. Is this a throw all available defenses at the wall and see what lands or ???? Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Responding to this part:
default resulting therefrom, was due to mistake or accident, and upon tender of such installment(s) the Defendants must be relieved of any alleged default which may have occurred by reason of the alleged failure to pay the installment(s) when due, and the Defendants must be relieved of any forfeiture which might ensue by reasons of such alleged default;

I'm no legal wizard but I'm unfortunately going through having a default judgment in my favor being challenged after more than 2 YEARS. It's outrageous. Yes, would love to know the excuse for not paying a mortgage for over a year. I don't know the validity of the other points but anything claiming mistake or accident usually requires a sworn affidavit specifying exactly what caused the mistake/accident. Judges LOVE to set aside defaults. In my case, the other party now claims, despite having been sent all required documents to the place of residence, never received any of them. It's what psychopaths do. JMO.

Responding to this part:
default resulting therefrom, was due to mistake or accident, and upon tender of such installment(s) the Defendants must be relieved of any alleged default which may have occurred by reason of the alleged failure to pay the installment(s) when due, and the Defendants must be relieved of any forfeiture which might ensue by reasons of such alleged default;

I'm no legal wizard but I'm unfortunately going through having a default judgment in my favor being challenged after more than 2 YEARS. It's outrageous. Yes, would love to know the excuse for not paying a mortgage for over a year. I don't know the validity of the other points but anything claiming mistake or accident usually requires a sworn affidavit specifying exactly what caused the mistake/accident. Judges LOVE to set aside defaults. In my case, the other party now claims, despite having been sent all required documents to the place of residence, never received any of them. It's what psychopaths do. JMO.

YIKES! So sorry you're going through this BV. I hope that Attorney Weinstein keeps nipping at their heels. And, if I understood the Court Order, the time has past for the Disclosure of Defense to have been submitted. Another do-over in the courts????

Reason number seven is absolute fiction IMO. His real estate agent already spilled the beans on this back in September

From NBC Connecticut
"I believed and now have verification from a third-party who testified, his own real estate agent, that Dulos deliberately defaulted on that mortgage in October 2018 even though he should've paid.” Weinstein said.

Thanks for finding this @Nanobody. Remembered reading it early, but couldn't remember the context. Excellent find that the realtor was deposed by Attorney Weinstein.

YIKES! So sorry you're going through this BV. I hope that Attorney Weinstein keeps nipping at their heels. And, if I understood the Court Order, the time has past for the Disclosure of Defense to have been submitted. Another do-over in the courts????
CT LAW: Chapter 900 - Court Practice and Procedure
Sec. 52-212. Opening judgment upon default or nonsuit. (a) Any judgment rendered or decree passed upon a default or nonsuit in the Superior Court may be set aside, within four months following the date on which it was rendered or passed, and the case reinstated on the docket, on such terms in respect to costs as the court deems reasonable, upon the complaint or written motion of any party or person prejudiced thereby, showing reasonable cause, or that a good cause of action or defense in whole or in part existed at the time of the rendition of the judgment or the passage of the decree, and that the plaintiff or defendant was prevented by mistake, accident or other reasonable cause from prosecuting the action or making the defense.

When was the default entered? Looks like 4 month time frame to reopen.

From NBC Connecticut
I wonder what the mortgage payment was? 10K or more a month? Hard to pay that when you only claim 50K income. I am dying to know if a credit report was ever asked for in discovery. With that, every creditor can be subpoenaed for the records. Goldmine of info. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missinginfo541