Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An attorney representing Fotis Dulos in a civil lawsuit filed by his mother-in-law reiterated in a new court filing that his client does not owe the Farber family “one penny.”
One month since the two-day civil trial ended in the $2.5 million lawsuits filed by Gloria Farber, attorneys on both sides have continued to spar as they wait for a judge to issue his ruling.
The attorneys are now asking the judge to toss filings that have been made since the trial
Attorney: Fotis does not owe Jennifer Dulos’ family ‘one penny’

I wish someone (like a journalist, lol) would go to the courthouse and look at all this stuff.
Lol. Seriously, where are the investigative journalists? Oh yeah...all on this site. Keep up the good work everyone.
Now let's pray a reporter gets the courage to ask some real probing questions next time everyone's outside the courthouse and press some buttons...I'd like to see the response.

Last edited:
An attorney representing Fotis Dulos in a civil lawsuit filed by his mother-in-law reiterated in a new court filing that his client does not owe the Farber family “one penny.”
One month since the two-day civil trial ended in the $2.5 million lawsuits filed by Gloria Farber, attorneys on both sides have continued to spar as they wait for a judge to issue his ruling.
The attorneys are now asking the judge to toss filings that have been made since the trial
Attorney: Fotis does not owe Jennifer Dulos’ family ‘one penny’
Geez...God Bless Gloria Farber having to deal with this #@%% nonstop

Bringing this over from another post I made:
» Connecticut General Statutes 45a-478 – Appointment of trustee when person has disappeared. Trustee’s rights and duties. Procedure if person reappearsLawServer
2018 CT Statutes regarding a missing person:
(a) When any person having property has disappeared so that after diligent search his whereabouts cannot be ascertained, the court of probate in the district in which he resided or had his domicile at the time of his disappearance or, if such person resided outside of this state, then in the district in which any of his property is situated, upon the application of the spouse, or a relative, creditor or other person interested in the property of such person, or the selectmen of the town where such person last resided, or in which such property is situated, shall, after public notice and a hearing thereon, appoint a trustee of the property of such person.

(c) Such trustee, upon giving a probate bond, shall have charge of such property, and he shall have the same powers, duties and obligations as a conservator of the estate of an incapable person. With the approval of the court of probate, such trustee may use any portion of the income or principal of such property for the support of the spouse and minor children of such person.

GF is trustee for JD. I don't know what legal action can be brought as far as motions to freeze assets, etc. I am sure Weinstein would be doing this if permissible. Weinstein, having seen everything he could find in the civil suit and looking at how underwater the houses most likely are, may have come to the conclusion that there is nothing there that is discoverable or worth anything.

Hitting on your points:
1. Understand your concern about the other missing people and safeguarding their interests. People of lesser means are not even going to be able to afford the atty costs. My default divorce, which only had a single court date and no discovery, cost close to $5000. CT nor any state is not going to do anything to help people. It's sad but a person either has to hire an atty or figure out how to do pro se. Pro Se only goes so far. You get to a point where it gets very complex and you HAVE to hire an atty.

2. LE is not going to do anything about the ransacking of assets. It is a civil matter. The courts are not going to do anything unless asked. Even then, there might not be alot that can be done.

3. Perjury is taken lightly overall. FD said under oath that he has no income. Courts have rendered oaths meaningless for the most part because they don't vigorously prosecute. I also believe, I could be wrong, that courts have already ruled that the source of FD payments to lawyers is protected info. Yes, there is plenty of hidden money. He lied to JD for years about money that was coming in/not coming in. Don't ask me how I know.

4. Heller was not going to protect or freeze any assets. It has to be asked for. AGAIN, Midler! What did he do? He is supposed to be a premier divorce atty? Sorry, I wouldn't hire him for free! What about the houses besides 4JC? Even if they are owned by FORE, they are still marital property. Why no liens asked for by Midler to protect JD interest? At the very beginning.

All IMO.
100%!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE IS ATTY MIDLER?????

MOO

He has a full plate of cases to prosecute at the Stamford courthouse, including that of Fotis Dulos, who is charged with evidence tampering in the disappearance of his New Canaan wife Jennifer last May, but Stamford State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo applied to become the state’s new top prosecutor.
Stamford state’s attorney applies to be CT’s top prosecutor
Mmmm. The writing was on the wall IMO about this possibility....but.....

Wish Atty Colangelo all the best professionally but concerned about his departure of Hartford amidst lack of clarity in the Dulos criminal matter.

MOO

Stamford Criminal Defense Attorney Lindy Urso agrees.
“I think he would be a fantastic choice, however, I would hate to lose him in Stamford. He has really changed the culture of this office for the better,” Urso said. “I have been practicing for over 20 years and this is by far the best the Stamford state’s attorney’s office has ever been.”

PG attorney commented on it. You know what I think this means.

Correct in that documents produced in Request to Produce motions are not filed with the court unless used as an exhibit, IMO. Interrogatories and answers in a deposition would be recorded and filed. Any answer FD would give under oath, Weinstein would also ask for corroborating docs in Request to Produce in order to verify the answer. I do see what Weinstein was doing. It really can't hurt to ask the questions. The worst that can happen is to be shot down. I do think many questions asked of MT especially were not very relevant to the civil case and therefore the judge did not compel answers. JMO.

Interview: Attorney Norm Pattis answers questions about Dulos case

There was an exhibit of an excerpt of FD’s deposition, where he says a NY lawyer named Phuphas is funneling funds from unknown source in Greece to NP for his fees. But I found NP’s comment in a TV interview intriguing—(see link above): “If he wants to pay more, we’ll gladly accept it.” More than what? The amount agreed upon in the retainer agreement? I doubt such an arrangement would pass ethical review. Does the retainer agreement spell out under what circumstances FD would pay more? When he sells one of his properties? If his Greek benefactor is able to pay more? NP said “If he wants to pay more”, not if he can pay more. And if NP, as a Commissioner of the Superior Court, knew that FD could be liable to pay a judgment in the Farber civil case, could NP ethically agree to take sums of money from FD for his legal fees? Wouldn’t he be obligated to advise FD to apply for a public defender? Especially if FD already swore in family court that he didn’t have an income or the funds to meet his obligations in that court? IDK. Follow the money. I think the retainer agreement would be interesting to see. MOO

Correct me if I am wrong, I did not think the Information itself was denied, it was just denied that NP had to be the one providing it, since it Could come from Fd.

IMO.
I remember reading in an article that Weinstein said, after the granting of NP's motion to quash, that FD still had to produce the requested info and documents.

Stamford Criminal Defense Attorney Lindy Urso agrees.
“I think he would be a fantastic choice, however, I would hate to lose him in Stamford. He has really changed the culture of this office for the better,” Urso said. “I have been practicing for over 20 years and this is by far the best the Stamford state’s attorney’s office has ever been.”

PG attorney commented on it. You know what I think this means.

I liked your post for the quote by Urso. But, I don't know what you mean by PG attorney and what you think it means. Would you explain?

I saw a comment by Attorneys Riccio and Corsello, but am not sure about the meaning in your post...Thanks...sorry to be so dense.

I liked your post for the quote by Urso. But, I don't know what you mean by PG attorney and what you think it means. Would you explain?

I saw a comment by Attorneys Riccio and Corsello, but am not sure about the meaning in your post...Thanks...sorry to be so dense.

Tink-I must be dense, too, because I am not sure what she meant, either

trustee v. dulos
121.00 01/06/2020 P CERTIFICATE OF CLOSED PLEADINGS AND CLAIM FOR TRIAL LIST
Document.gif
newred.gif

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=18435808
*"I certify that the pleadings have been closed in this case on the issue or issues as to all parties, and I acknowledge that my failure to certify accurately will subject me to sanctions."

*a certificate of closed pleadings means that the issues in your case have been joined and are ready for resolution by the court, jury, or alternative method such as mediation, arbitration. You should have prepared your complaint properly if you are suing as the plaintiff or the answer if you are the defendant as those documents generally tell the court what the issues need to be decided.

I was thinking about the bail hold up
Pattis said the bail package was ready but they couldn’t find his passport( in the safe).
I was wondering if FD could’ve had something to pay the deposit to the attorneys in the safe but was waiting to hire Rochlin to get it because Pattis is a Criminal attorney and might have to tell the court what was in the safe or because Pattis is a criminal attorney and he didn’t trust him.
He probably has an a Anonymous GREEK Benefactors LLC to write checks on so no one is actually lying to the Court
I don't see how it would be assumed that cash came from a safe. However things happened, the truth is unlikely to come out if it was cash. Since you brought up the safe, I wonder if LE was aware of it or if it was opened during the searches of the house. No attorney is SUPPOSED to lie to the court in any way. This is a great article about atty ethics. You might remember the case.
On Westerfield's Lawyers' Conduct - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime
There are ethical limits to what a criminal defense lawyer can do on behalf of a client. California State Bar guidelines forbid lawyers from knowingly letting a client lie on the witness stand.

If the client insists on testifying anyway, the defense lawyer has an obligation to tell the judge in private that the client will be testifying over the objection of his counsel, according to San Diego defense attorney Gerald Blank.

AND

Throughout the Westerfield trial, Feldman and co-counsel Robert Boyce avoided the word "innocent." Instead, they aggressively challenged every prosecution theory, every prosecution witness, offering any number of possible alternative explanations for the evidence along the way.

As for the 11 days in jail, I do think it's very possible that the 401K was used and FD was waiting on the judge's ruling to see if NP could take control, be the guarantor and avoid having to pay 70K in fees to the bondsman. JMO.

Interview: Attorney Norm Pattis answers questions about Dulos case

There was an exhibit of an excerpt of FD’s deposition, where he says a NY lawyer named Phuphas is funneling funds from unknown source in Greece to NP for his fees. But I found NP’s comment in a TV interview intriguing—(see link above): “If he wants to pay more, we’ll gladly accept it.” More than what? The amount agreed upon in the retainer agreement? I doubt such an arrangement would pass ethical review. Does the retainer agreement spell out under what circumstances FD would pay more? When he sells one of his properties? If his Greek benefactor is able to pay more? NP said “If he wants to pay more”, not if he can pay more. And if NP, as a Commissioner of the Superior Court, knew that FD could be liable to pay a judgment in the Farber civil case, could NP ethically agree to take sums of money from FD for his legal fees? Wouldn’t he be obligated to advise FD to apply for a public defender? Especially if FD already swore in family court that he didn’t have an income or the funds to meet his obligations in that court? IDK. Follow the money. I think the retainer agreement would be interesting to see. MOO
Maybe the retainer was for a ridiculously low price, not market value. Maybe the comment of “If he wants to pay more, we’ll gladly accept it" is a preemptive strike in case the terms are ever revealed publicly.

And yes, of course NP can ethically take money for the legal fees. That is GF job to get the money. My ex is fighting a judgment and he has paid money to a lawyer. Money I can't get to. It is nobody's problem except for GF how to collect. Harsh, but true.

In the Casey Anthony case, I believe FL did help pay for experts and/or attys. It's already speculated that is happening here. After acquittal, CA sold some photos and paid some money to Baez. She was still deep in the hole and declared bankruptcy which I predict is in FD future. But when he is arrested for murder, he won't be worried about that so much. ALL MOO.

I remember reading in an article that Weinstein said, after the granting of NP's motion to quash, that FD still had to produce the requested info and documents.
Yes, this is my recollection as well.

Issue IMO is whether Atty Weinstein ever received the information from Fd. We don't know.

I wonder whether it was attached as one of the exhibits to the Civil Case and the exhibits are only available in person so far as I know.

Unfortunately with the inactive Press situation nobody has posted them online.

Roadtrip to Hartford anyone?
MOO

Last edited:
I seriously doubt Fotis Dulos would be making $1 million today at Cap Gemini, regardless of the economy. His Linkedin profile lists him as a "manager" at CapG. Not a managing partner, or an MVP (I worked in this type of consulting space for many years, and am familiar with the typical chain of command.) Just a lowly, dime-a-dozen manager. If he ever achieved anything more significant, he would have noted it in his LI work history - any adult who goes to the trouble of noting how long it took him to graduate from college is not likely to skip on an impressive job title.

He also piddled around in the weird family business for several years after graduating from Brown, before getting his MBA and entry to Cap Gemini.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/fotis-dulos-28102b12

No doubt FD was ALWAYS shady. It's part of his (lack of)character. However, meeting JD really kicked things into high gear for him. Someone posted here way back that his job at Cap Gemini would be paying him a million dollars a year by now. But he wasn't happy with that. He saw an opportunity(Jennifer)and ran with it. She was only $$$$ to him so he set up this pyramid scheme knowing he didn't intend to love, honor, cherish or spend the rest of his life with her. The access to $$$$ kicked off all the other activities. JMO.

Last edited:
PG is EE, the ex-employee.

I know-that wasn’t the part I was unclear about...I was wondering what she meant when she identified the attorney as PG’s (or EE, as we have been calling him), and said something like “I think we know what that means” when Urso said that Colangelo’s state’s attorney’s office is the best it’s ever been. Is Urso saying that it’s good, bad, or ugly for the Dulos case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member