Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some thoughts from the past few days:

-Someone brought up the surveillance at the Starbucks FD and MT visited on 5/24. Yes, that Starbucks has surveillance inside the store. Confirmed by someone who worked there.

-Talking to someone local with CSP connections, the case is extremely strong (beyond what we already know).

-Also talked to someone familiar with FD. He's just as arrogant and narcissistic as we all assumed, to the point where contractors would talk and eye roll about it behind his back.

-Same person confirmed FD is NOT the type of person to split wood themselves, but that's obviously conjecture.

-Regarding trash dumping, iirc, 4JC is NOT on the town's pickup route, meaning he would have to hire and pay for trash pickup on his own, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that FD DID randomly dump trash in other places (although I believe 80MS IS on the town trash route).

I'm literally only seeing it from Baden. Is anyone finding that claim anywhere else?
I don’t think Baden has any inside information. He may not be very familiar with the specifics here, and as a forensic science contributor for FOX News, chimes in on a number of cases.

I think he read the warrants and news articles, and took some unintended liberties.

I’m not reading anything into this.

The Deposit Agreement of the bank will indicate the specific rules applicable to the account. They would, of course, be superseded by Articles 3 (Negotiable Instruments) and 4 (Bank Deposits & Collections) of the UCC (Uniform Commercial Code) and/or other applicable law, if in conflict.

The Deposit Agreement in effect at the relevant time provided that:

https://www.peoples.com/content/dam/peoples/docs/UDAC_S166_5.14.pdf

Given the facts, I doubt there is any viable claim here. A claim would require damage for one thing. A deposit into a joint account is equally available to both parties so even if the bank did have a practice of requiring actual endorsements on jointly payable insurance checks, and here failed to do so, it still would not have resulted in "damage" given that JD had equal ownership & access once it was in the joint account. I have no idea WHY JD would have retained any joint financial arrangements with FD. That just seems crazy. Their finances should have been totally separate given what was going on and I can't imagine any legal or accounting professional advising her to permit joint accounts to remain.

Perhaps the account was opened fraudulently? If that was the case there is absolutely a claim and a crime, and beyond these particular insurance check items. I could easily see FD schmoozing some bank teller into ignoring policy on something like needing the joint owners signature on a signature card for a new account. If they had other accounts there this could have been very easy to do. He could have even opened an additional joint account years ago and waited to use it. Who knows? But I think only such nefarious activity by him could result in the ability to make anything out of these insurance check deposits.

Teller? Debit card would work, wouldn’t it? Maybe a few day hold on part of the funds but computers read the deposits, don’t they? Or would the amount of the check make a difference.

Some thoughts from the past few days:

-Someone brought up the surveillance at the Starbucks FD and MT visited on 5/24. Yes, that Starbucks has surveillance inside the store. Confirmed by someone who worked there.

-Talking to someone local with CSP connections, the case is extremely strong (beyond what we already know).

-Also talked to someone familiar with FD. He's just as arrogant and narcissistic as we all assumed, to the point where contractors would talk and eye roll about it behind his back.

-Same person confirmed FD is NOT the type of person to split wood themselves, but that's obviously conjecture.

-Regarding trash dumping, iirc, 4JC is NOT on the town's pickup route, meaning he would have to hire and pay for trash pickup on his own, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that FD DID randomly dump trash in other places (although I believe 80MS IS on the town trash route).

Wow! Thanks for posting. No doubt LE has the surveillance footage at the Starbucks. Be curious to know if they were wearing the same clothing during the trash bin odyssey of stupidity as well.

I am pleased to know that the case is strong. What little information we have is already damning especially for FD and MT.

I can imagine all of the contractors rolling their eyes etc...whenever FD would tool around onsite.

Interesting on the trash dumping stuff. And the routes!

And many women suffer traumatic brain damage from being hit in the head over and over, thrown down, jerked around by their ponytail and enduring episodes of near strangulation from their abusers. My sister suffered so many of these attacks afraid to report because her ex threatened to kill her and her daughter if she ever left. She finally got away but is so debilitated from brain damage diagnosed as CTE that she will soon need nursing home care. Unfortunately her daughter didn’t escape. Just adding this to warn women to get away from an abuser as fast as you can and do not let them sweet talk you into coming back!!! ( Don’t mean to be personal but women need to know how serious DV is and what it can lead to.)
Thank you for sharing!

Good close-ups. MT’s mama and sis seem to have have lost their Showbiz-pizzazz. I wonder why.

And what’s the story with FT’s concealed right hand? Why is he wearing a plastic bag over it? Does he want us to think he’s carrying a package wrapped in plastic? Check out the bit where he does up his jacket button with his left hand.
IMO it is his clothes from the day before. The blue looks like his rolled up dress shirt. When I saw the video the day he left I chuckled because I thought it was funny he had to carry his dirty clothes bunched up under his arm! MOO

^^sbm

Per AW there were 3 checks from Chubb Insurance with multiple payees (FD, JD) which is very common in the industry. As long as the payees were designated by "or" then only one endorsement is required ("or" standard insurance practice). However, if payees are designated by "and" then each payee must endorse the check. I'd be surprised if these insurance checks were different than the industry standard and completely legal with only FD endorsement.

Reference link posted up-thread.
Checks used word AND. Language from AW posted last night.

The Daily Mail does not always get all the facts straight. For instance in this article it says FD went home to New Canaan - obvi an error. I think the non citizen conjecture comes from when the judge was reading them their standard rights language "If you are not a citzen of the US etc etc ". I believe that was also read tp Mawhinny in court. So IMO I still don't know whether they ae citizens or not by info in this article. MOO

I had read longgggg time ago neither were residents. This would be the second time I saw it. The first time was not from the Mail. I understand though what you are saying.

I don’t think Baden has any inside information. He may not be very familiar with the specifics here, and as a forensic science contributor for FOX News, chimes in on a number of cases.

I think he read the warrants and news articles, and took some unintended liberties.

I agree....His wife was involved in felon Casey Anthony case....and he goofed up big time during his wife’s involvement. Sometimes people need to retire from their jobs...just saying it nicely.

...and to add, this can be googled, but I was not sure if the site was allowed here on WS.

Edited to add: yes, generally speaking you are absolutely correct. Courts attempt to maintain parent child relationships for the benefit of the CHILD. It’s for the “best interest of the child” standard.

She had not enforced any Orders by contempt, sanctions or jail time. Tools provided to her to keep her courtroom dignified. She allowed FD to become emboldened. Her pattern is much like a parent who does not enforce discipline at home but expects teachers to maintain discipline at school. Then wonders what went wrong as they turn into delinquents and criminals.
Sure, FD was ultimately the killer. Had she acted, the divorce would have moved forward, with FD forced to comply with disclosure of financial information and child support and custody issues being resolved. Instead, he got away with flaunting his utter contempt of the judicial system in multiple courts, and almost got away with murder.
Sorry, the judges are all wimps, disgusting in their lack of control and being part of the good ole boys. Yes, as someone mentioned, a Special Prosecutor needs to be appointed to oversee an overhaul of CT politics. No wonder people leave the state in droves.
Sometimes bulldozing and starting over is better than remodeling. Unfortunately, I don’t think it applies in all cases. Even FD knew that process.

No. The judge did not embolden this monster to commit murder. That’s hyperbole, IMO. Millions of people misuse the system without quick consequence and don’t become murderers. Respectfully, that’s illogical.

And the judge didn’t fail to do anything she was able to do. There has to be a motion for sanctions or contempt. Then there has to be a hearing. And if you practice family law you are well aware that custody and DV actions come first on the docket. So the hearings on sanctions or contempt (depending) come last.

In this case as they litigated child custody other issues were on the back burner.

It’s super frustrating and not how we want things to work and it does penalize those without money. But it’s due to lack of funding.

I’m sort of surprised with your response because for me, your description of how you would throw people in jail seems to me to be a lot more like what a lay person would say, frankly, than an attorney familiar with due process, civil procedure and the legitimate defenses against contempt. It sounds great but it’s not how the system works and in fact it can’t be how the system works and still be a just system. We have due process for a reason. We aren’t Iran.

I think any experienced family attorney would know that nothing unusual happened in this case with the judge. Is it right how this divorce and other cases unfold due to the vagaries and impacted state of the system? Of course not. But it’s sort of the best we can do unless people want to shift many more tax dollars to the court system for more judges. And they don’t. People want their tax dollars to go to schools and infrastructure and child protective services before it goes to courts.

And it has nothing to do with the murder with the exception that this guy is a psychopath. And he felt cornered and losing face, once the system began to be able to impose consequences. So being a psychopath, his solution tot hose consequences was murder.

What’s ironic is people think that if the court system had been able to impose consequences more quickly he wouldn’t have had a reason to kill his wife, in his mind. In fact, I think he just would’ve killed her sooner.

Over 300 comments. 3 pro FD. The rest against. So what is that? 1% believes in FD. The other 99% think like most of WS.
But all it takes is one person to acquit. We’ve got three here to choose from already.
My favorite: he’ll be a rag doll.
I haven't read any pro FD but I might have missed them. The only one I know of is mine where I was pro-process. Not pro-FD. In other words, NP is doing his job, love him or hate him, and bail is not meant as punishment. The sentence is meant for that. I do wish more on WS would keep both these points in mind.

No. The judge did not embolden this monster to commit murder. That’s hyperbole, IMO. Millions of people misuse the system without quick consequence and don’t become murderers. Respectfully, that’s illogical.

And the judge didn’t fail to do anything she was able to do. There has to be a motion for sanctions or contempt. Then there has to be a hearing. And if you practice family law you are well aware that custody and DV actions come first on the docket. So the hearings on sanctions or contempt (depending) come last.

In this case as they litigated child custody other issues were on the back burner.

It’s super frustrating and not how we want things to work and it does penalize those without money. But it’s due to lack of funding.

I’m sort of surprised with your response because for me, your description of how you would throw people in jail seems to me to be a lot more like what a lay person would say, frankly, than an attorney familiar with due process, civil procedure and the legitimate defenses against contempt. It sounds great but it’s not how the system works and in fact it can’t be how the system works and still be a just system. We have due process for a reason. We aren’t Iran.

I think any experienced family attorney would know that nothing unusual happened in this case with the judge. Is it right how this divorce and other cases unfold due to the vagaries and impacted state of the system? Of course not. But it’s sort of the best we can do unless people want to shift many more tax dollars to the court system for more judges. And they don’t. People want their tax dollars to go to schools and infrastructure and child protective services before it goes to courts.

And it has nothing to do with the murder with the exception that this guy is a psychopath. And he felt cornered and losing face, once the system began to be able to impose consequences. So being a psychopath, his solution tot hose consequences was murder.

What’s ironic is people think that if the court system had been able to impose consequences more quickly he wouldn’t have had a reason to kill his wife, in his mind. In fact, I think he just would’ve killed her sooner.
I believe Jennifer was dead, no matter what the court did here.

I recall the case of Darren Mack, who was also going through a contentious divorce with a terrified wife. She was scared to death that he would find out where she lived.

Ultimately, the judge ordered that he pay child support and alimony. His response was to stab his wife to death in her garage, and shoot the judge.

Psychopaths don’t care about court orders, and they aren’t worth the paper they are written on. In some cases, the court order is literally the motive for murder.

People want to believe that there is a simple solution to cases like this, and tragedies are easily preventable. Where there is a will, there is a way, even when it comes to murder.

Give her full custody. Grant her a restraining order. Still dead.

Testing with Luminol is an on scene process where the luminescence occurs via chemical reaction to hemoglobin, false positives CAN occur. It's a standard practice, does NOT require visible questionable stains and any positives MUST be confirmed by further testing.
Any + article is then evaluated for HUMAN blood & subsequent DNA.
ALL details MB knows & he's possibly "short-handing" the process for his audience. IMO, MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ResortedOnce