Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone speculated as to why FD chose to smile/smirk at the cameras from the police car after his arrest? Seemed evil and weird.

Possibly because he knew that the court would assign some sort of bail, and he had the money ready to go. He also knows that Norm and the rest of team FD are gonna work their tails off defending him, because this case will put them on the proverbial map. It’s the only thing I can come up with, because I know he isn’t crazy-he just literally doesn’t have the brakes that the rest of us have when it comes to control of impulses.

Wow, NP says his dad "...snuck into the country, earned his living as an armed robber for years, an illegal alien to the day he died." No wonder NP spends his life defending people of "serious crimes" (according to his website), and Greeks, like FD and dear old dad -- "do what you know" as they say. Sad overall that he defends serious criminals who are possibly guilty, and glad if he has ever helped an innocent person get off . IMO

If it matters, Pattis’s success rate is pretty low, and I am not sure he has ever defended an actually innocent person, and had them acquitted. IMO, he is looking to successfully defend and acquit someone who everybody knows is guilty.

Ha! There is absolutely no innocent explanation for that.

Can anyone come up with a plausible excuse for this, that isn’t hilarious?

There really isnt any explanation that anyone with a lick of sense would accept but let's be honest all Patti's has to do is cast a shadow of doubt and that's from a jury he pretty much gets to hand pick. If they are able pick a jury of his peers (a bunch of scummy scammers) then yeah I can see it happening. If it were a jury of what he would like to think he is (a respected educated business person) then I dont see it turning out well

No she’s 5’7”- 5’8” and weigh 120. Weighing 100 pounds was something coming from NP.

If she were 5'8 to 5'9 and weighed a hundred pounds she would be severely underweight. Even at the height and weight you state she is underweight.

Imo the fact that either Fo and NP said that shows they know nothing about JFD or women's bodies and what is healthy. I realize they want to show she wasn't healthy either physically or mentally but I am hoping that strategy backfires on them. Making her out to be unhealthy physically just shows me how much easier it would be for Fo to overpower her and handle the body.

When Fotis Dulos was arrested, police and advocates had a message: ‘It’s a case of domestic violence’
On the day Fotis Dulos was taken into custody for the murder of his estranged wife, state police officers wanted to make sure an essential point wasn’t lost amid the drama of an arrest in the high profile case.
They wore purple.

When the arrest was announced, officers and detectives wore purple neckties and small pins depicting a purple ribbon in memory of the victims and survivors of domestic violence. At the barracks in Bridgeport where Fotis Dulos and his former girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, were brought, officers also wore purple ties.To police investigators, the murder of Jennifer Farber Dulos is a case of domestic violence and the message that more needs to be done cannot be ignored.

When I saw how many people were wearing purple, I was taken aback,” said Brian Foley, executive aide to the commissioner of the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection. The department oversees the state police.

Dulos, through his lawyer, has denied any involvement in the disappearance or death of Jennifer Farber Dulos. Dulos was arrested and charged with the murder of Jennifer Farber Dulos on Tuesday.

Officers choose to wear purple when they want to bring attention to domestic violence issues, Foley said. He purchased his own Vineyard Vines purple tie, which he wore Tuesday, through a fundraiser for the Connecticut Coalition Against Domestic Violence.

Across Connecticut, advocates and legislators shared the same concern — and said the Dulos case has again raised questions about how best to prevent domestic violence.
As the disappearance of Jennifer Farber Dulos gained national notoriety, coalition CEO Karen Jarmoc said she was frustrated by initial reports describing the case as “just a nasty divorce or custody battle.”

“Truly, it’s a case of domestic violence, and it’s always been about domestic violence,” she said. “What happened to Jennifer is very similar to what thousands of survivors experience every day.”

As the new legislative session approaches, lawmakers and advocates plan to propose bills surrounding domestic violence, abuse, and family court.

In fiscal year 2019, the coalition served nearly 38,000 victims of domestic violence across the state. There were 14 cases where police have charged an intimate partner in connection with a homicide. In all but one case the victim was a woman.
Domestic violence is really too narrow a term,” said state Sen. Alex Bergstein, D-Greenwich, who will announce new domestic violence legislation Friday. “We’re behind the times, and Connecticut needs to catch up.”

Although domestic abuse laws vary by state, Bergstein said the United Kingdom passed “coercive control" laws in 2015, which recognize a wider definition of abuse.

She called domestic abuse “an abuse of power” that can manifest in forms other than physical violence, such as financial control or emotional abuse. The U.K. defines those behaviors, along with threatening and property damage, as forms of “coercive control” a person can be arrested for.

“These are patterns of controlling, coercive, and dominating behaviors meant to make another person feel small and powerless," Bergstein said.

In a separate legislative effort, Jarmoc and state Sen. Mae Flexer aim to improve training for judges on domestic abuse.

[Related] Farmington man sentenced to 25 months in prison for dealing drugs from his home »
According to a 2019 state report, “Judges receive extensive domestic violence training from national experts” beginning with four days of their two week orientation program and continuing throughout their career. Topics covered include intimate partner violence, domestic violence, perpetrator behavior, and how to assess the level of risk and danger to victims.

While Flexer recognized that many Connecticut judges show a deep understanding of domestic violence issues, she said progress still needs to be made.

Flexer recalled the 2015 case of Tony Moreno, who threw his infant son off the Arrigoni Bridge after a judge denied the mother’s request for a protection order.

“I’m just not convinced that there’s a continuous threat of present physical pain of physical injury,” said Judge Barry C. Pinkus to the baby’s mother before the murder. “I think the two of you don’t have a good relationship.”

Jarmoc said that while not every divorce case involves domestic abuse, there are a number of cases where this is a problem.

[Related] Judge refuses to lower Fotis Dulos’ $6M bond following murder arrest in Jennifer Farber Dulos case; Michelle Troconis and lawyer friend also appear in court »
In Farber Dulos’ own family court transcripts, Farber Dulos said her husband "expects to exhibit complete control over me and the children.” The increasingly tense divorce and custody battle stretched on for two years, with 40 different motions filed.
We often see abusers use family court to threaten and harass their partners,” she said.

In the upcoming policy proposal, Jarmoc and Flexer will suggest the organization of a “multidisciplinary task force” to develop specific guidance on legal procedures for judges that highlights victim experiences in family court, as well as how abusers use family court to continue harassment.

“The proposal will ensure the availability of the tools judges need," Flexer said. “Tools they must use.”

[Related] Police seized ax from Fotis Dulos’ garage Tuesday during arrest on murder charges in Jennifer Farber Dulos case »
After a decade of work on the issue, she hopes the proposal will be an effective compromise between the legislative and judicial branches. She plans to present the proposal in February, and if passed, the new books could appear in family court in 2021.

that's pretty common with NP clients. NP is great with feeding false hope to clients. MOO.

I think FD absolutely thinks he can beat this, never admit it, never a body...and just deny til the end, deny to the children when they come visit him in prison when they are 18...and you know with 5 kids if he even gets ONE child to believe him...he will have one child to love him, write to him, send him money..care about him...spin his lies of your mother left you...thus continuing his abuse of JD after her death and while he is incarcerated..

FD’s fingerprints on JD’s faucet gave
me pause .
* He Surely would have had gloves on.
* He didn’t need to wash his hands .

His DNA was also on doorknob of mudroom.
Can’t figure out why he would use his bare hands ..

The only reason I can think of that he would have pulled those gloves off, is that he ended up with so much of Jennifer’s blood on his gloved hands, that it actually got inside the gloves and he had to get it off. Otherwise, he is an idiot-why would you wear them and then take them off, only to leave your fingerprints where they shouldn’t be?

Zip ties can be connected together too, to make a longer zip tie, if necessary. In addition to tying her up, I definitely think they could have been used as handles to carry/move the body.
If her body was wrapped in plastic, zip tied for security or carrying purposes, why would all of that have been removed to dispose of her body , as it seems to have been done ? If she was buried in a pre-dug grave, or weighted and put in a pond or even put in an incinerator, why take off the zip ties and unwrap her?

I like your style. It doesn’t surprise me that he would respond like that. I genuinely don’t know who has the bigger ego, Norm, or his client.

He needs a haircut, and a bleach shower (that’s just gotta be a thing).

After I read @AbbyG post and MassGuy's, I googled NP..... WHOA, he's quite the (I don't know what word to use here :eek:). Now it makes me nervous this really is going to be another OJ circus. Appears he has quite the reputation. I would suggest everyone following the JD case read NP's websites and get a feel for just what we may be into if they haven't already.

I'm not even going to speculate how FD can afford to post bail and afford the services of NP. As NP has said, the world knows FD and this case. And now the world will know NP. I'm sure NP is already banking on his future book writing, speaking engagements, celebrity status, movie potentials, and the list goes on. And that banking all depends on an acquittal for FD. I don't know the rules of the CT court system regarding watching the trial live, but I'll bet NP will find a way to make that happen. This could be his biggest stage yet. Scary.

Prayers for JD's family now and in the future as this trial plays out. Added prayers her remains are found for the obvious reasons of dignity for JD and closure for her family.... and that this is not a 'no body' case for NP.

If her body was wrapped in plastic, zip tied for security or carrying purposes, why would all of that have been removed to dispose of her body , as it seems to have been done ? If she was buried in a pre-dug grave, or weighted and put in a pond or even put in an incinerator, why take off the zip ties and unwrap her?
It would make sense if she was dismembered.

Has anyone speculated as to why FD chose to smile/smirk at the cameras from the police car after his arrest? Seemed evil and weird.

I saw something about that yesterday on social media, will come back and add the link if I can find it. But allegedly as he was getting in or out of the car a reporter asked a question. I think it was whether or not he thought the state had enough evidence, and that was when he smirked. But I can't back that up with anything right now.

I saw something about that yesterday on social media, will come back and add the link if I can find it. But allegedly as he was getting in or out of the car a reporter asked a question. I think it was whether or not he thought the state had enough evidence, and that was when he smirked. But I can't back that up with anything right now.
It was mentioned by a reporter on the Chaz & AJ show.

NP also called into the show. Although he kept bringing up reluctance to discuss things b/c of the gag order, he did say that he didn't know about the info about the bike and that KM would be arrested.

Chaz & AJ Audio / Tuesday, January 8: All Of Today's Fotis Dulos Coverage
(sds71 posted the link last night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members