Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because there are a few questions regarding the death of FD mother, Kleopatra.

1. KD was 77. She died on 9/6/2010 in a local hospital. She had been injured in the driveway of the FD/JD residence on Deercliff Road in Avon, CT.

2. The Dulos nanny at the time (in a written statement to LE facilitated by FD because nanny didn't speak English and made three months after KD death once LE learned of KD death) said KD asked her (Evangelia Niora, the nanny) to move the Land Rover from a parked position near the garage so that it would be facing the driveway exit. The sun was setting as it was 7:00 (my goodness I had no idea how good FD can tell a "story") and additionally the nanny wasn't really familiar with the Land Rover at all.

3. Nanny was just following KD instructions and fiddling with the headlights of the Land ROver (why if the sun was just setting) and ooops the "nose" of the Land Rover struck KD. And KD "must have" fallen next to the Land Rover and out of EN's sight y'all so EN pulls forward but stops when she hears one of the Dulos children scream from the backseat. She stopped the car and found KD on driveway injured but awake.

4. First responders describe KD in extreme pain with tire marks on her lower back and clothing and she mentioned she also had a broken arm to them.

5. KD was transported to a local hospital and later died from her injuries.

6. In speaking with LE about the death of his mother (3 months after the fact) FD mentions he was in Italy at the time and not involved but that KD had fallen down the stairs a few months before her death in July of 2010 and had cracked her head and broken her arm. She took painkillers for this afterwards. He mentioned that she had a history of losing consciousness and falling to the floor. Cited the stair incident as an example.

FD told LE that KD had no financial assets.
Fotis Dulos’ mother died in freak driveway accident years before Connecticut wife Jennifer Dulos went missing

Do with the above what you will, but as far as the details this was one of the better articles I have read.
Great summary.

Oddly enough...

The hospital did not alert Avon PD of the death of KD.

It is unclear why KD went to 2 different hospitals (first for the falls and much further away hospital for the car incident).

It is not clear whether the hospital records of KD from the falls, arm incident and losing consciousness ever made it to the hospital where she eventually died.

Was there elder abuse here that was unreported and undocumented or was something else at play?

The cremation of KD happened quickly but an autopsy was done by the State of CT and a report exists somewhere.

The Daily Mail did seek to do some IMO solid investigative work on this case but beyond the early article they did I haven't seen anything further. I wish they would work more on this case and seek out additional information.

Little about this case with KD made much sense.

I wonder if it would be possible for Dr. Gill to relook at the autopsy and obtain ALL the KD medical records from both hospitals and her doctors and complete a comprehensive investigation as its hard to have much confidence in the work that was done by Avon PD for a variety of reasons (including but not limited to having Fd act as translator) as I'm not convinced they followed the proper protocol for incidents of this type such as was just seen in the tragic death of a young child in New Canaan who was run over in his driveway.

MOO

One of the SWs referenced a journal.
Yes; good points.

As she was a writer, and her blogs were of a personal (but not TOO personal) nature, I can't help but think she had more personal writings in her home - in her master bedroom, to be exact. I saw lots of material referenced in the search warrants but wonder if he might have taken her journals, those that may have documented abuse.

Just because there are a few questions regarding the death of FD mother, Kleopatra.

1. KD was 77. She died on 9/6/2010 in a local hospital. She had been injured in the driveway of the FD/JD residence on Deercliff Road in Avon, CT.

2. The Dulos nanny at the time (in a written statement to LE facilitated by FD because nanny didn't speak English and made three months after KD death once LE learned of KD death) said KD asked her (Evangelia Niora, the nanny) to move the Land Rover from a parked position near the garage so that it would be facing the driveway exit. The sun was setting as it was 7:00 (my goodness I had no idea how good FD can tell a "story") and additionally the nanny wasn't really familiar with the Land Rover at all.

3. Nanny was just following KD instructions and fiddling with the headlights of the Land ROver (why if the sun was just setting) and ooops the "nose" of the Land Rover struck KD. And KD "must have" fallen next to the Land Rover and out of EN's sight y'all so EN pulls forward but stops when she hears one of the Dulos children scream from the backseat.

FD sure loves to spin a yarn eh...

We are to believe a 77 year old woman demanded/instructed a nanny that a vehicle be moved and parked a different way re; a house that was not hers and the vehicle also not hers. That’s. Absolutely. Absurd.

If my 77 year old dad came to my house to visit, then demanded a nanny move a vehicle in order to be parked a certain way. Dad would be told to hush and go back to watching Jeopardy. Absurd.

I wonder if the State would be able to call on the movers who Fd sent away and witnessed JFd's fear about Fd knowing she was planning to move. Of course, moving furniture wouldn't make sense if JFd was following HIS plan for her and the children to live under her parents roof in NY (where it would not cost him a penny), and he and MT and her daughter could live in the 6 bedroom home. Sounds like Fd was showing his selflessness again.
I'm guessing that we will see this couple testify at some point.

Think this was one of the interviews the couple did on the issue:

I will never forget the tears of the husband as he recounted his experiences dealing with JFd who wanted to simply get her belongings from 4Jx.

Looking at the search warrants and the series of 911 and other calls to police I was not surprised to see that Fd called police to report that JFd 'stole/took' things from 4Jx when she left. He later was concerned about the children but the initial call to LE was about 'stuff'....IMO shows his priorities quite clearly and that is who he is, he is just a guy that cares about 'stuff' and not about 'people'.

MOO

Jennifer Dulos: How the Police Made a ‘No-Body’ Murder Case

Former Federal Prosecutor, Tad DiBiase, who wrote a book on homicide cases involving bodies that have never been recovered, tracked 526 such cases that have gone to trial in the US since the 19th century.

86% of those cases resulted in a conviction.

Nationally, the conviction rate for all murder cases is 70%.

Mr. DiBiase said, "Only the VERY BEST no-body murder cases go to trial."

-------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy NP. Justice for Jennifer!

Was thinking, a body would do almost nothing more for the case Amount of blood loss indicates death and he had his DNA at the crime scene, in the car he used to get to the crime scene, was in the truck he used to take materials being dispose of from the crime and another car from his company as well. No alibi, car he was driving to and from NC has JFd DNA. A body is one more item.

NJP will bring an expert that says the blood loss is survivable, or suggests she got medical treatment somewhere that didn't report her injuries.

This, I agree with. For me, the only thing finding the body would do would be to assist the family in their process of mourning. The only person who is pretending that the massive amt (10 paper towel rolls full) of blood lost is not indicative of death, is Norm Pattis.

I'm guessing that we will see this couple testify at some point.

Think this was one of the interviews the couple did on the issue:

I will never forget the tears of the husband as he recounted his experiences dealing with JFd who wanted to simply get her belongings from 4Jx.

Looking at the search warrants and the series of 911 and other calls to police I was not surprised to see that Fd called police to report that JFd 'stole/took' things from 4Jx when she left. He later was concerned about the children but the initial call to LE was about 'stuff'....IMO shows his priorities quite clearly and that is who he is, he is just a guy that cares about 'stuff' and not about 'people'.

MOO

It really is shocking and disheartening how women are still being treated in some cases by the court system. The fact that Jennifer had to go through all of that alone is so sad.

I think the reason this case is particularly anger provoking for me, is because were it not for simply being a woman, and more vulnerable, she would be alive. I just feel so sorry that she seemingly had little to hang onto for help, and no one seemed to properly understand the danger that she was in.

I oddly feel like if I had only known, I would have helped her. I know we all would have. Please don't remind me that she had family, I do know that, and would never disparage them or their relationship with her. imo.

Finally found a clear video of Atty. P. comments when the latest charges were filed.

Atty. P. confirmed he got a 'tip' from CSP and Not the State.

Atty. P. ego seems to have been injured by the seeming preferential treatment accorded to Atty Bowman and his client. Doesn't appear that the red carpet was rolled out for the Pattisville team and Fd and so we see a cranky, tired and disgruntled Atty. P. who had to wait for his client for 3 hours, all the while he had to 'fight' to get a copy of the AW! Mmmm.

What I find so incredible is that Atty. P. has presented at least 6 major 'theories' and more random minor theories over the past six plus months and he is now criticising the State for the discussion of financial issues in AW3?

Delusion or possibly an addiction to drama seems to be alive and well in Pattisville IMO.

Where is the alternative theory or any information about an alibi?

Last edited:
Yes, and those are just the things we know about so far!

Also, the nanny did witness Jennifer being upset, crying, outside immediately after FD tried to run her over. That's enough for it to be included as well, in addition to Jennifer's own previous mention of the event.

The Attempted Murder by vehicle was in the Family Court documents. Nanny may not be able to testify to 'seeing' or having second hand information, but JFd Absolutely said this in Family Court.

IMO.

MOO The nanny information about FD almost running JFd over is not going to be admissable as it was a relayed story not a witnessed event. So the sister and niece won't be called up to talk about that.
I think the nanny being present and witnessing a chase of JFd by JD into a roon where the nanny and child were, could be.
Yes, but the JFd testimony was made on the record in Family Court as to all of these various DV related incidents.

JFd has been an active and vocal advocate of her position and circumstances for over 2 years in Family Court and record is sizeable.

MOO

LE "found a piece of tape w/ FD's fingerprint on it"- Are we to surmise that he used tape to
muzzle her or restrain her?
What would the tape be used for?
Perhaps taping the bags themselves. IMO those bags are going to be traced either to Dulos or Jennifer. Plastic garbage bags were seized at both homes and are specifically referred to in the SW returns.

So true @Alathea...Norm Pattis "might" acknowledge DV if it was witnessed and the victim ended up in the hospital in ICU.

JFd was under a constant barrage of subtle and sometimes not so subtle abuse about her ability as a wife, mother, and woman. DV is the breaking down of that person, as you so often and clearly state. Fd accused her of being insane, a drug addict, incompetent, not caring about or caring for the children, etc., etc. He went on vacation with her but watched violent movies most of the time; he claims he quit loving her as a wife in 2010...but, JFd wasn't informed; Fd traveled for his besties and skiing and sex up to 125 days a year. What a great "job."

NP and Fd's relatives and Fd himself, need to be gagged, IMO. They can proffer a defense that doesn't demean a dead woman who can't speak for herself. OR, maybe she can....Maybe she left writings that can speak for her. I certainly hope so.
Tell ya what Tink56, you gag them, and I'll horse whip them!

Lauren Almeida, the children’s nanny, told state police that she noticed the mudroom door was unlocked when she was getting the kids ready to leave for New York City. She described that as unusual because it was only open when the kids were out playing in the backyard.
Almeida also said when she first entered the house at 11:30 a.m. on May 24, she noticed an unopened granola bar on the kitchen counter and that there were only two rolls of paper towels left in the pantry. She found that odd because just the day before, she had put a 12-pack of paper towels there.
“I sat there and wondered what had happened last night that they used 10 rolls of towel rolls,” Almeida said.
Almeida also told state police that Fotis Dulos tried to hit his estranged wife with his vehicle and also chased her through their home in the summer of 2017. She witnessed Dulos chase his wife through the house, records said.

"She finally came running into the bedroom and slammed the door closed. She braced herself against the door as her husband kept pounding trying to open it. He seemed to calm down when he realized Almeida and one of his children were also in the room,” Almeida told police.

Bit another realtive of Dulos’ his niece denies that her uncle was banging on any doors. Klelia Kyrimi said in a phone interview from Spain Thursday that she and her husband were staying with the family because they were attending a wedding of a friend. She said they were sitting in the family room when Jennifer came home and started yelling at Dulos using "foul language."

“He (Fotis) followed her to the second floor and they went into one of the children’s room. He was not screaming at Jennifer or banging on anything,” Kyrimi said. “I am outraged by this. It’s completely inaccurate what they are saying.”

There is a protective order barring Dulos from contacting Almeida, as well as Dulos’ five children and Gloria Farber, their grandmother.

A rare French bike, a bloody doorknob and Jennifer Farber Dulos’ DNA on zip ties among new evidence against Fotis Dulos »
Almeida and another friend reported Dulos missing around 7 p.m. on May 24. About the same time police discovered a crime scene at Farber Dulos’ home, Dulos can be seen on surveillance video dumping garbage bags into trash cans along Albany Avenue in Hartford.

They also found a garden glove with Dulos’ DNA inside of it, his fingerprint on a piece of tape inside a bloody garbage bag and the DNA of both of them, plus Troconis’ DNA on the outside top of another garbage bag, court records said.

The arrest warrant affidavit released last week also details the evolution of Troconis’ multiple interviews with state police, showing that in an initial interview, she stuck to a concocted alibi the couple created, according to the affidavit, but in subsequent interviews with police, she changed her story and acknowledged that Dulos wasn’t at their Jefferson Crossing home early on the morning of May 24.

She also admitted to police that the contentious divorce and custody battle between Dulos and his wife had caused tension between the two of them.

Troconis told police that Dulos had confided in her: “Sometimes I hope she disappears.”

I Highly Doubt that the Greek Family were present during Fd's display of Domestic Violence when chasing his wife through the house.

DV Abusers don't want that information out there.

The record shows that Fd calmed down when he realized the Nanny and a child were in the room.

Why calm down if he didn't care if someone else was a witness to his abuse?

The Greek Family may not even know the dates of these acts of DV to even know if they were present or not.

IMO.

Just did a quick "read about" on Dabate and the charges. I'm shocked he's been out on bail for THREE YEARS +, and the case is just coming to trial. And, the murder was over 4 years ago. What happened to swift justice...oh, my.

Some interesting similarities to the Fd case...circumstantial evidence (Honestly...most evidence is circumstantial..), relatively young couple, some inheritance involved (not to the degree of the Farber's), family supporting his innocence claim, and attempts to throw out the most damaging evidence.
Four years to try a murder case with the defendant is out on bond is outrageous! That's 4 years of a murderer walking free. If I were the State I would refuse to agree to continuance after continuance. And you KNOW Dulos will try to get to the kids during that time, arguing for his right to see his kids- while out a bail he never should have been given in the first place.

Last edited:
Finally found a clear video of Atty. P. comments when the latest charges were filed.

Atty. P. confirmed he got a 'tip' from CSP and Not the State.

Atty. P. ego seems to have been injured by the seeming preferential treatment accorded to Atty Bowman and his client. Doesn't appear that the red carpet was rolled out for the Pattisville team and Fd and so we see a cranky, tired and disgruntled Atty. P. who had to wait for his client for 3 hours, all the while he had to 'fight' to get a copy of the AW! Mmmm.

What I find so incredible is that Atty. P. has presented at least 6 major 'theories' and more random minor theories over the past six plus months and he is now criticising the State for the discussion of financial issues in AW3?

Delusion or possibly an addiction to drama seems to be alive and well in Pattisville IMO.

Where is the alternative theory or any information about an alibi?

Good one! No Kidding. How many things hath said the Pattis?

(If y'all can come up with more please add them)
1. (Tampering with evidence and hindering prosecution charges): troubling but there is a credible explanation.
2. C4 camera footage of odyssey of stupidity: camera footage isn't very good. Can't tell anything.
3. FD has an alibi for the morning of 5/24. An attorney visit and a phone call from Greece.
4. MT can corroborate FD alibi completely.
5. No way FD could have made driven to NC, killed JD, cleaned up the crime scene, dumped her body and dumped her car and driven back to Farmington (NP did say dump body first and then car second, fyi, which is some bull patties).
6. JD had health issues and was racking up medical bills. She wrote a GG manuscript and either disappeared herself or committed suicide because of her health issues and fear of losing custody of the kids.
7. MT is very much in love with FD and cried at 4Jax collecting her belongings and proclaiming his innocence. They should be allowed to be together and if LE would stop pressuring MT she could help FD with his alibi and charges by the state would be dropped.
8. MT is a "lying lover."
9. FD is winning his divorce and custody case. JD has mental issues and report by Dr. Herman can prove it. The custody case was going FD way. JD is unstable.
10. KM's estranged wife is just "after her 15 minutes of fame."
11. FD's finances are just fine. Great!
12. FD and NP (and his legal team) are thrilled and relieved with the release of AW3. LE doesn't have a clue what happened to JD.
13. SWs don't prove that JD is dead.
14. AL tells "fanciful" tales.
15. KM charges are troubling because he is very important to FD case.
16. MT and AB are getting special treatment (ya your client was the one wearing the neon yellow prison top in court recently).
17. FD is gonna fight this. He wants to talk. Wants his day in court. Wait for him to get bonded out =. It will be worth our while. (FD exits court after bonding out without saying a word to the media).
18. NP files motion to dismiss based on FD rights violated bc no grand jury was called for latest charges.
19. NP now is ready for trial and can't wait for preliminary hearing.

Hell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member