Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorneys: Prosecution of Jennifer Dulos case could change after Fotis Dulos suicide attempt

New Canaan attorney Matthew Maddox said it appeared Dulos’ bond was going to be revoked at the courthouse on Tuesday, and that could have set the defendant off.

“No matter what has been the spin to the media about fighting these charges to the bitter end, the allegations in the warrant, as I have said before, are daunting,” Maddox said. “So, regardless about what is being said by his media team, you would have to drink a lot of high-powered Kool-Aid to wake of with a happy face every day if you were Fotis Dulos.”

I guess it depends on what being alive is. He may recover to where his heart beats without help and he breathes on his own because these are primitive brain stem activities, an area that is the last to be affected by oxygen deprivation. But the cortex, the area that reasons and thinks is the most fragile and the most susceptible to oxygen deprivation. His being alive doesn't mean he can ever meet the standards to participate in in murder trial.

If he died at the scene, why would they move him and take him to a hospital? When people are dead on scene, they wait until the coroner comes to send the body off to the morgue. I think we don't have the full story (or, I am hoping we don't have the full story). It is not that I don't think this is dire, I do. I am just wondering as there was so much miss information yesterday. On the driveway, he was not hooked up to monitors, etc. In the ambulance, he would have been hence them finding his vital signs. I keep coming back to was he really dead or was that the untrained thought process versus the advanced life saving team who came on scene later.
I'm thinking someone at the scene spoke out of turn. Perhaps someone heard he had no pulse and then that person told reporters he was dead. It's an easy assumption to make that no pulse = dead.

But, there is a reason that only certain people are allowed to announce someone as dead - and this is an example. A person can be revived.

jmo

With lawyers like Norm Pattis the costs to the system are huge. A lawyer from the defense should have anticipated this possibility with someone holding his hand leading up to yesterday's hearing. Lawyers are after all officers of the court not independent agents.

A medivac helicopter ride alone like this runs over $100K, specialized treatment all the way into NYC very expensive. But of course those and the obstructions Pattis has been pulling with large costs are not something he cares about with the courts trying to give people justice.

Yeah, I considered that too, but I'm thinking if they were confident enough to pronounce him dead at the scene there must have been no pulse.

They apparently did not detect a pulse until he was in the ambulance and even then it was faint. And that was after 30 minutes.

So their efforts paid off in that they were able to get his heart going again but from the time he was hooked up to the ventilator he has apparently not been capable of breathing on his own.

He must have suffered massive brain damage and I don't think he ever had a chance once they found him.

Maybe if they had found him 15 minutes earlier there would have been a different outcome, but I think it is over for Fotis.

Imo
I asked my husband how all of this works (he is a fireman/EMT). He said when giving CPR, they will generally rotate every few minutes and do not stop until a doctor calls it. The fire department renders aid until the paramedics arrive. Paramedics will administer other medicines, etc while the fire dept continues to perform CPR. Meanwhile, the paramedics are communicating with a doctor who makes the call to either continue life-saving measures or pronounce time of death, based on the conditions the paramedics are providing to the doctor. My husband says there have been situations where they have performed CPR on patients for over an hour. I know in this situation in was police rendering aid, but I imagine its similar protocal.

I'm thinking someone at the scene spoke out of turn. Perhaps someone heard he had no pulse and then that person told reporters he was dead. It's an easy assumption to make that no pulse = dead.

But, there is a reason that only certain people are allowed to announce someone as dead - and this is an example. A person can be revived.

jmo

I have CPR/AED training for the Professional Rescuer. I have been in the situation to be on scene of a person in bad shape. I had started care with a colleague. I didn't think they would survive but things improved when more advanced care was on scene b/c they had more access to equipment and hospital options that they could get clearance to do in the field. I just wanted them to get the person out of area and to the hospital. It took about ten minutes for them to leave the scene with the person in the ambulance. Fingers crossed for me.

Yes, that is the report that I saw that had me saying she was here. We saw her at the Civil Trial in December and it is believed she and her family were here for Christmas too.
Does anyone else remember this?

The name of the FORE Group was derived from the first two letters of FD’s and his architcect sister’s names?

FORE: FO=Fotus, RE= sister’s first name.

I honestly don’t remember her first name and I’m not going to risk trouble with the Mods by sleuthing it.

With lawyers like Norm Pattis the costs to the system are huge. A lawyer from the defense should have anticipated this possibility with someone holding his hand leading up to yesterday's hearing. Lawyers are after all officers of the court not independent agents.

A medivac helicopter ride alone like this runs over $100K, specialized treatment all the way into NYC very expensive. But of course those and the obstructions Pattis has been pulling with large costs are not something he cares about with the courts trying to give people justice.
All the medical costs are determined and organized usually after discharge.

Private ambulance services usually bill separate from the hospital costs unless they are owned by the hospital.

So it’s very likely the ambulance, air transport bill will arrive in about 2 weeks

Rather than fight the quote system (fighting with cellphone today!), the 1st assessment of fd on scene viability was rapid & "word" spread FAST! EMS & others with equipment continued the life-saving response.
once reaching the ER, even deeper assessment was conducted including arterial blood gas levels, blood values of electrolytes (& other blood chemistry) & hematologic evaluations (great way to measure CO effects on hemoglobin (the O2 carrier in the body). These parameters along with other physical indicators dictate treatment

IME

You could be very right. But, I have questions.

If he died at the scene, why would they move him and take him to a hospital? When people are dead on scene, they wait until the coroner comes to send the body off to the morgue. I think we don't have the full story (or, I am hoping we don't have the full story). It is not that I don't think this is dire, I do. I am just wondering as there was so much miss information yesterday. On the driveway, he was not hooked up to monitors, etc. In the ambulance, he would have been hence them finding his vital signs. I keep coming back to was he really dead or was that the untrained thought process versus the advanced life saving team who came on scene later.
I've been wondering the same, and my best guess is that something said was misinterpreted.

LE later stated they couldn't "revive" FD. If that wording was used by a source on the scene earlier in the day, it's possible that language was misinterpreted as FD is deceased and they could not bring him back to life. The same word, "revive," could also mean he was unconscious and they were not able to make him regain consciousness.

MOO.

Good points all, @afitzy, feels like deja vu all over again to me.

I'm Still Just Incredulous about how loose things were and continue to be instead of keeping a "tight watch" on this Mighty Mouse-like fellow (The Mouse That Roared).

I think FD was Always going to look for openings to "give life in CT the slip" once the millions stopped flowing from his FIL in 2017, and monies were actually expected to be paid back, and the houses and properties he "owned" or was "working on" through Fore Group were dwindling down and over-valued:

1.0) while still married to JFd
(e.g., when he threatened to take the children to Greece and disappear to a foreign country where people wear ski masks, and they would never be found)

2.0) right after he killed JFd
(e.g., when he drove to NYC the next day to get the kids from their grandmother's apartment for his scheduled visitation in CT! With Their Mother Missing! And was turned away by armed security)

3.0) after being charged in AW1 & AW2 for involvement in JFd's disappearance and death
(e.g., when he got out of jail on bail and "accidentally" drove over the State line into NY, and neglected to "charge" his GPS ankle monitor and was admonished in Court to keep it charged, now now)

4.0) after being charged in AW3 for murdering JFd
(e.g., when he got out of jail on bail and "house arrest", and was still able to drive around and do stuff like get the bail surety agent to leave the house yesterday so he could stage his, I mean attempt to commit suicide)

And yesterday was V4.0.

With V1.0 - 3.0 being leaving the state, the country, absconding with kids or MT -- preferable to "attempted suicide" but not doable for him financially anymore -- maybe.

I say "maybe" it wasn't doable for FD financially to arrange to flee the country on his recent bond because he was obviously running low on valid collateral, BUT that doesn't mean he didn't have hidden funds and scenarios set up with willing accomplices to get him out of the country before "permanent jail" occurred and he could no longer walk freely and do an escape act.

I think he just suddenly ran out of time to hit the trigger on his "favorite" escape plan with the night before warning on the emergency bond hearing not giving him enough time to do that one.

So he "attempts to commit suicide" and ends up in a NYC hospital instead of being locked up in jail like he probably was about to be.

That is always going to bother me, regardless of his actual state of mind (his family & lawyers seemed to have missed) and seriousness on the suicide attempt and desire to be dead --

The simple fact that FD achieved in less than 24 hours a huge change in legal & monitoring status -- from being out on bail with house arrest with a GPS monitor in CT, to none of that in a hospital in NYC.

All JMO.
He has more eyes on him right than any other time since this all began. Not only a medical team are monitoring him 24/7 but I guarantee a police guard presence. As far as anyone is concerned he was still on house arrest when the medical emergency occurred. Even if it had not been right before a bond revocation and a suicide attempt but a medical emergency he would have a guard at all times.

Is attempted suicide a crime in CT? Some states, it is. I argued with my friend that FD would not try self harm as he seems to exhibit signs of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. My friend, a psychiatric SW argued that he would. (I lost that bet). He knew from the beginning of this particular bond that his collateral was over valued and properties were foreclosed. He knew it was a matter of time until it was discovered. This was his Plan B.

Apparently you are unaware that there are two courts:

The court of law

The court of public opinion

We fall under the latter, and believe it or not, are able to make judgements based on known facts.

Damning facts that have absolutely no innocent explanation.

If you are offended by silly things like “facts,” and “evidence,” then maybe a crime discussion forum isn’t for you.

I suggest you read the arrest affidavits.

I must warn you though, they are full of evidence (as we established a few sentences ago, that might be difficult for you).

Best of luck!

Great post.

Every solid case we get people who are confused about what evidence means. The affidavit lists the evidence, which was enough for an arrest and charges. And some of which we’ve seen in the form of photographs.

Only someone desperate would believe that the vast evidence described in the affidavit doesn’t really exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1