Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #41

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HIPPA would not allow doctors to give private medical information to a judge over the phone. IMO
Not necessarily. FDs health IS an issue in court. Aside from that, the judge would not need detailed information, just an answer to “is he expected to be able to attend court in CT in the next 30 days?” A doctor could answer that without violating HIPAA. IMO and IME. From.

Can Doctors Share Patient Information Without Permission? - FindLaw

The Patient Makes Their Health an Issue in Court

If the patient brings a personal injury or workers' compensation claim, in which his health is a major issue in the case, the doctor may come to court and testify about the patient's injuries. However, if the patient's health is not necessary to the case's resolution, the doctor usually cannot be forced to testify.

ETA - the judge would not need detailed information. Just enough to resolve the court issue and it was probably done via Fax.

Last edited:
I haven’t read all posts yet- I am on page 3 of thread 41. So forgive me if this point was discussed.

Regarding whether Fotis intended to be found or not, I have a question.

Isn’t that his car blocking the pass through to the garage doors? If so, it’s parked in a weird place. Why not pull all the through and get closer to doors? Was the car there just to block the way? To keep help out? Slow discovery of the blocked doors by the bond minder (or whatever her role was) ? Maybe she went in the front, couldn’t find him and called for help for fear he ran off into the woods? She would have seen his car still corking the pass, and have assumed he didn’t drive off?

I think @afitzy said that car drove up into that position while LE was there.

Can anyone remember -

Was the car still running when LE found FD or was the engine off ?

If the engine was off it would mean the car had run out of gas. Might give LE a timeline for how long he had been in there by calculating the length of the time it took to consume the gas. And likely the onboard computers would be recording the amount of gas, when the vehicle was started, and how long it was running before being found

I checked with my law partner (criminal defense) and he says no. There has to be evidence of a crime for it to be investigated criminally.

However, the death itself can be investigated because any death is subject to the coroner investigating cause of death. But FD hasn’t been declared dead.

He thinks they got the search warrant by pretending they want to make sure no crime occurred here but of course the real reason is to get in the house and scour it. Although that must’ve been done already?

But he says investigating a suicide or attempt as a possible crime isn’t standard unless there’s something more. A reason for them to rule out homicide.

Listened to WFSB/3 live for hours Tuesday and reports were investigators were not leaving the scene, preserving any evidence, and expected to be there overnight waiting court permission to enter. I think it was the Police Lt Vance that said suicides are treated as criminal investigations to rule out any suspect -- not only for FD. This was when they thought FD was dead. :eek:

ETA: Add Lt Vance narration re. criminal scene begins about 4:00 mark

Last edited:
I hope LE searches as long as necessary at 4Jax. I don’t know what they will find but I do hope that whatever they find it will further the case for Jennifer.
I hope they will be able to collect any financial documents etc...as it seems he may have had those out or accessible when he was calling bondsman (or at the very least the one MM who was quoted by the Courant yesterday as having spoken to FD).

I am hoping they find searches on Dulos's computer, relating to Carbon monoxide poisoning.

"SOME NEW DETAILS on Fotis Dulos’s suicide attempt: probation officers tried to call him but his cell phone kept going to voicemail. His GPS showed him still in the house. Cops found him “slumped over” in the driver’s seat
@WTNH"
Sabina Kuriakose on Twitter
Very much wonder about the timing of all of this information!

I do hope that the CSP releases the times of all calls and the actions taken such that some level of confidence can be maintained that people out on bracelets are being properly monitored.

Situation we saw play out yesterday IMO should never have happened the way it did and IMO also CSP should have been on site when it was realised that Fd didn't pull out of his driveway as scheduled to go to Stamford.

Looks like CSP Parole folks simply just speed dialing Fd and got no answer.

Unbelievable.

Had FD figured out some way to remove the bracelet, its possible that when the door was popped yesterday at 4Jx that the CSP folks would have seen an empty garage with a bracelet sitting on the floor.

Not sure what is going on but there has to be a rule for no more than 1 voicemail? Insane to even ask these idiotic questions but why keep calling if nobody is picking up?

MOO

I am hoping they find searches on Dulos's computer, relating to Carbon monoxide poisoning.

it will be very interesting what LE might find on his computer etc...
I at least hope that it will give more information into his SOM in the last month. What he was thinking and up to.
I do hope that they will find some information that helps the case for Jennifer.

Not necessarily. FDs health IS an issue in court. Aside from that, the judge would not need detailed information, just an answer to “is he expected to be able to attend court in CT in the next 30 days?” A doctor could answer that without violating HIPAA. IMO and IME. From.

Can Doctors Share Patient Information Without Permission? - FindLaw

The Patient Makes Their Health an Issue in Court

If the patient brings a personal injury or workers' compensation claim, in which his health is a major issue in the case, the doctor may come to court and testify about the patient's injuries. However, if the patient's health is not necessary to the case's resolution, the doctor usually cannot be forced to testify.

ETA - the judge would not need detailed information. Just enough to resolve the court issue and it was probably done via Fax.
But that says the info needs to be presented in court, not that the judge can make calls outside of the court proceeds before making a decision, as was suggested on a post upthread.

JMO

Why would you think they would have moved on? They are in a a very unusual situation, with their Mom's murder and Dad's involvement and suicide. Pretty horrendous and curretly national news.
Because if kids are well cared for, they are extremely resilient. I'm sure they have the best care, both physical and emotional. They have each other. They have their grandmother and nanny who were very active in their lives. They surely have been told about the likely fate of their mother and their father's likely involvement long ago. Any questions they have would have been answered months ago. They are probably in a news lockdown. Their school is probably very protective. Maybe they know about their fathers attempted suicide/potential death. But I suspect they have been very prepared for the outcome.

RSBM:
The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing
I personally don't mind that the Greek family is being maligned. They're not decent people if they support FD. Nobody can stick their heads in the sand like that. I feel entirely comfortable assigning evil motive to them. There have been families in other cases that own up to the crimes that have been committed even before trial and conviction.

I don't care about the vegetable comments either. FD is not a human being. To call him an animal would be an insult to animals.

Ironically, he claimed that Jennifer was mentally ill and tried to drive her to suicide. How the tables have turned!

Witnessing the destruction of a Malignant Narc/Sociopath or whatever he is, is surely fulfilling on many levels. Speaking from vast experience.

MOO. MOO. MOO.
Thank you BellaVita for standing up for victims of Malignant Narc/Sociopaths. When I see how FD’s sister is acting I still compare her to pf’s mother in Kelsey’s case - knowing about the evil but doing nothing to stop it. Unless a person has lived through the horror of being involved with a MNS it is hard to even imagine the cruelty they are capable of.

it will be very interesting what LE might find on his computer etc...
I at least hope that it will give more information into his SOM in the last month. What he was thinking and up to.
I do hope that they will find some information that helps the case for Jennifer.

Well, we should be very concerned if it says” I hereby give everything I own anywhere ( including in Greece) to NP, the greatest lawyer in the world”

Because if kids are well cared for, they are extremely resilient. I'm sure they have the best care, both physical and emotional. They have each other. They have their grandmother and nanny who were very active in their lives. They surely have been told about the likely fate of their mother and their father's likely involvement long ago. Any questions they have would have been answered months ago. They are probably in a news lockdown. Their school is probably very protective. Maybe they know about their fathers attempted suicide/potential death. But I suspect they have been very prepared for the outcome.
Yeah, no. That's not how it works. Resilience =/= "moving on."

You know what those kids don't have? Their parents. They lost both their mother and father this year, had their entire lives uprooted and rearranged. They can't see their father (even if it's for the best) and their mother is still missing. Just because they're "well cared for," does not mean they don't have emotions and aren't affected by this every day.

I would honestly be genuinely concerned if children in their situation had "moved on."

MOO/MOE.

But that says the info needs to be presented in court, not that the judge can make calls outside of the court proceeds before making a decision, as was suggested on a post upthread.

JMO
If the case is based on a health claim the doctor can be forced to testify. In this case, he probably won’t be unless it affects other cases. However, FDs health does affect the court and a general response to a judge asking his opinion about him being able to attend isn’t the same as wanting details. I guarantee that no judge I ever met would care about the details just a quick “in your opinion, is he going to be able to appear in 30 days?” Would be enough. And most doctors I know would respond. The judge could also issue a court order for the records if needed because the defendant made his health an issue in a current case. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savagegrace13