Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not an attorney, but I can google. There is no ‘accomplice’ charge in CT. Read the statutes you cited. Where do you see “accomplice?”

MOO she COULD be charged as an accomplice for having her DNA and fingerprints being on CS disposal bags, but she is not. She is being charged with conspiracy.
The thing about conspiracy is that the crime does't have to happen, two people need to discuss the crime and then make any gesture at all that furthers the attempt at that crime.

I'm surprised that the heating for a house that size comes from propane tanks, not natural gas or heating oil.

Yes, that is weird..I am out here in CT, we initially had oil delivery for heat (extremely appallingly expensive/think a mortgage payment on a 2nd home expensive every winter month) and a few years ago converted to natural gas (not cheap but normal priced)...also, nothing to run out of...if God forbid you had a blizzard here and streets are blocked and were with 1/4th tank in oil or low on propane and you run out..you have a problem on your hands besides you and your kids freezing (always keep back up space heaters out here).."heat" delivery is too risky, so we converted.

The pipes will freeze over at old FD house if they don't pay for the propane soon..and that's going to leave a massive water damage bill..

MOO she COULD be charged as an accomplice for having her DNA and fingerprints being on CS disposal bags, but she is not. She is being charged with conspiracy.
The thing about conspiracy is that the crime does't have to happen, two people need to discuss the crime and then make any gesture at all that furthers the attempt at that crime.

In the state of Connecticut, there is no charge of accessory in the books. So she literally couldn’t be charged that way, unless accessory isn’t the same thing as accomplice. But, for the record, I think she did know, so conspiracy works for me.

Yes, that is weird..I am out here in CT, we initially had oil delivery for heat (extremely appallingly expensive) and a few years ago converted to natural gas (not cheap but normal priced)...also, nothing to run out of...if God forbid you had a blizzard here and streets are blocked and were with 1/4th tank in oil or low on propane and you run out..you have a problem on your hands besides you and your kids freezing (always keep back up space heaters out here).."heat" delivery is too risky, so we converted.

The pipes will freeze over at old FD house if they don't pay for the propane soon..and that's going to leave a massive water damage bill..
Propane makes a lot of sense. Not all places have natural gas. The only other option is oil which is messy and smelly. Plus propane can work with stoves. I had a house outside of Boston and we had propane. Nothing strange about it. I claimed it was an advantage over oil.

wrt the pipes, that's why you want someone to take care of the house. You can empty the pipes and put antifreeze in the toilets. The house will keep without heat.

Yes, that is weird..I am out here in CT, we initially had oil delivery for heat (extremely appallingly expensive/think a mortgage payment on a 2nd home expensive every winter month) and a few years ago converted to natural gas (not cheap but normal priced)...also, nothing to run out of...if God forbid you had a blizzard here and streets are blocked and were with 1/4th tank in oil or low on propane and you run out..you have a problem on your hands besides you and your kids freezing (always keep back up space heaters out here).."heat" delivery is too risky, so we converted.

So those squatters can stay there forever, with GF paying the bill for heat?

Someone could turn off the water and drain the pipes.

I’m not an attorney, but I can google. There is no ‘accomplice’ charge in CT. Troconis was charged with the functional equivalent of ‘accomplice in CT. Check the references you cited: is there ‘accomplice?’ Also, what could be worse than what you found- same crime that is the object of conspiracy- murder in this situation. She has already been charged with a crime equivalent to murder in CT.

(Edited to bring the snark level down.)

Here you go:

"Conn. 593 (2003)). Someone is an accomplice or criminally liable for the acts of another if he or she acts with the mental state required to commit a crime and solicits, requests, commands, or intentionally aids another to engage in criminal conduct."

Here is the longer explanation from the CT penal code:

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2012/rpt/2012-R-0134.htm
"Penal Code
Table 1 displays all of the crimes in the Penal Code arranged by classification. It displays the authorized prison sentences for each and any mandatory minimum sentence that applies.

In addition to the crimes listed in the table, the Penal Code punishes attempting or conspiring to commit any of them or acting as an accomplice to one of them.

Attempt or conspiracy is a crime “of the same grade and degree as the most serious offense which is attempted or is an object of the conspiracy, except that an attempt or conspiracy to commit a class A felony is a class B felony” (CGS § 53a-51). If someone is convicted of attempt or conspiracy to commit a crime other than a class A felony that carries a mandatory minimum sentence, the offender would be subject to that mandatory minimum sentence (see State v. Moran, 264 Conn. 593 (2003)).

Someone is an accomplice or criminally liable for the acts of another if he or she acts with the mental state required to commit a crime and solicits, requests, commands, or intentionally aids another to engage in criminal conduct. These offenders can be punished as if they were the principal offenders (CGS § 53a-8). It also appears that someone who is an accomplice to a crime that is punishable by a mandatory minimum sentence would be subject to that mandatory minimum.

Table 1: Penal Code Crimes Arranged By Class, With Authorized

Prison Sentences and Mandatory Minimum Sentences ..."

Last edited:
Someone could turn off the water and drain the pipes.

Absolutely, my Dad forgot to do this when he went down south for several months, he told us he had someone checking his house nearby in CT; no one checked, and whoppps somehow his oil heat ran out, nothing alerted the oil company, pipes burst, house destroyed on 1st floor and basement..needed an entire down to the studs remodel on entire main floor; bedrooms and the upstairs were mostly spared.

Absolutely, my Dad forgot to do this when he went down south for several months, he told us he had someone checking his house nearby in CT; no one checked, and whoppps somehow his oil heat ran out, nothing alerted the oil company, pipes burst, house destroyed on 1st floor and basement..needed an entire down to the studs remodel on entire main floor; bedrooms and the upstairs were mostly spared.

Gosh that was sad.

Gosh that was sad.

He was down south and called me when he received a HUGE water bill (very low water bills here in winter) and asked me to check the house; when I went to check the house; and I walked in and .. the walls - you could put your hand thru them..water dripping, basement up to your calves in water..I could not believe it..destroyed. The insurance company was NOT amused and made him get a 'water alarm' for his house and set it when he left for snow birding..so if the water ran for more than 3 mins or so it would alert an alarm company to shut the water off..

Am I An Accessory To A Connecticut Crime?
The first thing you must know is that there is no accessory or accomplice crime in the state of Connecticut. An accessory to a crime or an accomplice is a legal term for being found criminally liable for the acts of others. (If found as an accessory or an accomplice you are guilty of the crime as charged. Accomplice to Class B, guilty of Class B.)

This article is not fantastically written, IMO, as it fails to actually use the word "conspiracy". It does appear to describe conspiracy though. And it appears that in CT, conspiracy does equal accomplice/accessory.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/current/pub/chap_952.htm#sec_53a-48
CT definition of conspiracy:
Sec. 53a-48. Conspiracy. Renunciation. (a) A person is guilty of conspiracy when, with intent that conduct constituting a crime be performed, he agrees with one or more persons to engage in or cause the performance of such conduct, and any one of them commits an overt act in pursuance of such conspiracy.

This is the statute listed on MT AW. BBM: MT conduct seems to fit the charge. MOO.

Am I An Accessory To A Connecticut Crime?
The following are not defenses to criminal liability in 53a-8
  • That the person who actually committed the crime did not face prosecution or conviction.
BBM: This is for those who think that because FD is dead and cannot be prosecuted that MT and KM are off the hook for conspiracy. Nothing could be further from the truth.

That is why legal analysts are saying what they are saying. IMO.

I have questions. Apologies, very late to this case. Have just read the three latests arrest warrants.
  • Is there any information as to whether LE has retrieved any vehicle information for KM?
  • Has KM provided an alibi for his whereabouts after he left 4JX?
  • Is there any mention of the red truck coming back to either 4JX or 80MS?
  • do you think it is likely that whoever killed Jennifer disposed of her body near her home/where the truck was abandoned, OR do you think that the driver of the red truck risked having a body and clean up materials in the back of the truck?
  • the AW mentions that a bike can been seen in the bed of the truck, but no mention of trash bags.
  • Is there likely more vehicle movements/CCTV near Jennifers home that is not contained in the AW(s) (I'm having a hard time that there is no more CCTV in that area and that Jennifer did not have a security system or CCTV on or near her property).
At the moment:
  1. I do think that FD is responsbile for Jennifers disappearance;
  2. I do not think that MT was aware of what was in the bags. I think the penny had dropped by her third interview;
  3. I think KM knows way more than MT does;
  4. I get the distinct impression that neither FD nor KM like/respect women;
  5. I do not think that the murder was because FD wanted access to the childrens trust fund. The total of the trust funds combined is 2 million and hardly enough to solve FDs financial problems (see last point on page 30 of FD AW). I think he just wanted the divorce done with/Jennifer gone;
  6. I do think this was planned and I think that KM helped FD plan it. I also think that KM assisted with disposal of the body.
ETA my final musing: - i think it will be very telling what happens next to the MT and KM cases. I would not be at all surprised if charges are dropped against MT. I do not think they will be dropped against KM.

I don't necessarily think he was after the kids trusts but I do think he thought that Jennifer's $400000 a year draw on her trust would come to him.
IMO he hoped that he would inherit that as her surviving spouse or that GF would fund him so that her grandchildren cold live in the comfortable lifestyle they have always had.

@MattCaronTV

Following the release of these photos where #FotisDulos attempted suicide, Attorney Norm Pattis responded with a statement. “This adds a level of scum to this case that is difficult to fathom.” The photos are courtesy Tea Leaf Realty who was appointed conservator.
@FOX61News
Pot meet kettle.
MOO

from probate court:We are currently experiencing an issue where the case look up feature is not accurately reporting the attorney of record on the case.
Fotis Dulos Case Number: PD1020-00059
Decedent Estate Regular Date Filed: 01/31/2020

DR - Decedent Estate Regular

Here you go:

"Conn. 593 (2003)). Someone is an accomplice or criminally liable for the acts of another if he or she acts with the mental state required to commit a crime and solicits, requests, commands, or intentionally aids another to engage in criminal conduct."

Here is the longer explanation from the CT penal code:

"Penal Code
Table 1 displays all of the crimes in the Penal Code arranged by classification. It displays the authorized prison sentences for each and any mandatory minimum sentence that applies.

In addition to the crimes listed in the table, the Penal Code punishes attempting or conspiring to commit any of them or acting as an accomplice to one of them.

Attempt or conspiracy is a crime “of the same grade and degree as the most serious offense which is attempted or is an object of the conspiracy, except that an attempt or conspiracy to commit a class A felony is a class B felony” (CGS § 53a-51). If someone is convicted of attempt or conspiracy to commit a crime other than a class A felony that carries a mandatory minimum sentence, the offender would be subject to that mandatory minimum sentence (see State v. Moran, 264 Conn. 593 (2003)).

Someone is an accomplice or criminally liable for the acts of another if he or she acts with the mental state required to commit a crime and solicits, requests, commands, or intentionally aids another to engage in criminal conduct. These offenders can be punished as if they were the principal offenders (CGS § 53a-8). It also appears that someone who is an accomplice to a crime that is punishable by a mandatory minimum sentence would be subject to that mandatory minimum.

Table 1: Penal Code Crimes Arranged By Class, With Authorized

Prison Sentences and Mandatory Minimum Sentences ..."

Accomplice is a legal definition of conspiracy. It's not a separate crime. MOO.

@MattCaronTV

Following the release of these photos where #FotisDulos attempted suicide, Attorney Norm Pattis responded with a statement. “This adds a level of scum to this case that is difficult to fathom.” The photos are courtesy Tea Leaf Realty who was appointed conservator.
@FOX61News

I have to say, when I first saw the message of "where the photos came from", my first instinctive thought was that comment was an attempt to put a bad taste in mouths for Tea Leaf Realty. There is a deep internal leak in this case - too much of this crap sneaking out to media almost immediately. MOO

JUST IN: The Fotis Dulos case will go before Judge Gary White (Judge John Blawie is still out) in Stamford Friday morning. It is likely the state will push for the case to be dismissed. Attorney Norm Pattis will ask the court to consider his motion to continue to trial @News12CT

Marissa Alter on Twitter

@MattCaronTV

@FOX61News
Ironically, removing Norm from the case would “take away a level of scum.” I believe it cancels out.

This man isn’t just tone deaf, but he apparently lacks any self awareness.

I have to say, when I first saw the message of "where the photos came from", my first instinctive thought was that comment was an attempt to put a bad taste in mouths for Tea Leaf Realty. There is a deep internal leak in this case - too much of this crap sneaking out to media almost immediately. MOO
that realtor has left a few rings around the 4JX hot tub also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member