Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like defense attorneys are getting a bad rap here. Most defense attorneys are not compassionate about or concerned for their clients. They are there to get paid. The best ones care very much about serving as a counter-weight to state overreach and protecting our Constitutional rights. It's not about feeling bad for your client or believing your client is innocent. It's about trying to ensure the system stays fair for everyone.

We have a bad enough reputation without people thinking we, for free, post on message boards about how beautiful our murder defendant clients are.
@Alethea, the news today that the new defense atty will seek to possibly overturn/review / exclude from trial (language was vague depending on source) the prior testimony of MT with LE is concerning I think.

MT met with LE accompanied by her atty 3 times (multi hour long meetings) that we are aware of and during this time she either didn't tell the truth or changed her story multiple times. When confronted with physical evidence such as a picture or CCTV she did generally answer the question truthfully but that really only happened when LE showed MT a picture of herself doing something (e.g., Albany Avenue pitching trash or at the ATM with Fd in Avon etc.). It is believed that at the second multi hour meeting with LE that either Atty Bowman or LE asked if MT wanted and interpreter and she said no (this same question was also asked at her first arraignment if I recall). Her responses to many questions IMO honestly didn't make sense either in english or spanish and so I've long wondered about her mental and emotional state. LE must have been disgusted too as it seems they ceased their meetings with MT and Atty Bowman.

My understanding that lying to LE is a punishable offence. Yet, we have seen no charges leveled for lying to LE against MT. Atty Bowman must have known at a certain point that MT wasn't telling the truth when LE came up with picture after picture to show that she wasn't telling the truth. Not sure why this was permitted to continue to happen but it did and 3 meetings like this seemed to have occurred.

MT has spoken english for years despite growing up in Venezuela and so I am baffled where this new defense attorney is going with this line of inquiry on the language issue? MT in her statements has demonstrated a keen understanding of nuance in English which seems way beyond the level of english that her attorney seemed to be talking about in his statement today. Further the questions asked by LE were easily grade 3 or 4 level english questions and MT is clearly beyond this level IMO.

Not sure what to think about this situation at all.

MOO

I feel like defense attorneys are getting a bad rap here. Most defense attorneys are not compassionate about or concerned for their clients. They are there to get paid. The best ones care very much about serving as a counter-weight to state overreach and protecting our Constitutional rights. It's not about feeling bad for your client or believing your client is innocent. It's about trying to ensure the system stays fair for everyone.

We have a bad enough reputation without people thinking we, for free, post on message boards about how beautiful our murder defendant clients are.

Yes, know a successful criminal defense attorney. Most cases are referred to him because -- here in a death penalty state, he can usually manage a LWOP sentence. Well paid for that skill set.

That's his job, feeds, clothes, and houses his kids that way.

Hasn't cozied up to a client NP-style yet....

My answers to your questions are imbedded in your quote.

I answered each question you have. And, I will add that I am a person who holds only one person in the Dulos family as responsible for Jennifer's death. That person is Fotis Dulos. Additionally, he died without a will and with his affairs not in order, by his choice not the states or his family or the Farber family. The law is that when you die without a will everything is frozen in time with no distribution until the final court decision is made as to your assets. Fd chose this path not anyone else. His family is welcome to love his memory, believe in his innocence and whatever else they want but they can't take possessions that by law would go to his direct descendants if there is anything left after his debts are paid off.

Your questions don't make me angry. I have not liked how people refer to his relatives. I have always been deferential to them as they are not guilty of anything besides being his relative. But, today, they went over a line. They were given permission to stay in the home, told not to remove items and vacate by tomorrow. At the end of their stay they called movers to take items that don't belong to them. That is not about the love of their family because his five children (their blood relatives) should have the pick of items (IMO) and it should be done through legal channels. Again, there had to be an emergency filing with the court which means their five nieces and nephews will get about $750 less in their trusts because of their action. Each and every time a lawyer writes a motion, files a motion, goes to court, talks to a client that time is billable-- in this case it comes from their trust and the estate that their father left them without the benefit of a will.
estate that their parents left them. Not exactly sure what was his and what was hers but can guess the truthful source.

That is a judgement on your part on the behavior of someone by assuming that their motivation is money... devastation, depression, grief comes in many forms and we ALL are entitled to it regardless what kind of person we are perceived to be by our "actions"

This is all simply too much. WAY TOO MUCH IMO.

Functioning adults have the ability to handle as you say, "devastation, depression and grief" WITHOUT resorting to breaking the law. Today we saw on video the Greek Family IMO BREAK THE LAW WHILE Atty. P. defended unlawful behaviour. These people were graciously allowed to remain in a house they have no claim 2 and were given 2 rules and they broke 1 which was to leave all contents in the house. No grief, emotional distress or depression constitutes ANY excuse IMO for what we saw play out today. The behaviour we saw today was a continuation IMO of the hideous article that Dave Altimari published on behalf of the Greek family the other day where they blamed the world and the Farber wealth for the problems of Fd.

[REDACTED] HOGWASH.

Offering up emotional excuses for unlawful behaviour that we saw from the Greek Family today is precisely what Atty. P. did in his comments on the matter.

YES the Greek Family are entitled to their grief BUT NO they aren't entitled to loot and steal and not work within the confines of the US legal system for Probate.

Grief and Death don't give you a 'get out of jail free card' no mater what Atty. P. says.

Who know what the motivation of the Greek family was today for pulling up 2 vans and looting but frankly I can't say I care too much other than that their actions were not lawful.

Please don't offer up excuses for this kind of behaviour and IMO precisely these kinds of excuses made over many years most likely got Fd to the point where he too believed that rules were for others and never for him.

MOO

I know the statement she made saying, I was cleaning the house, I wasn’t cleaning Jennifer. Has many sleuthers here saying, that means she was gutting and filleting JFd like a fish! I think that a little harsh?I take it as possible language barrier.
Surprising not a language issue at all as the phrase translates identically in english and spanish.

MT meant what she said here with her reference to 'cleaning' IMO.

MOO

I know the statement she made saying, I was cleaning the house, I wasn’t cleaning Jennifer. Has many sleuthers here saying, that means she was gutting and filleting JFd like a fish! I think that a little harsh?I take it as possible language barrier.
Surprising not a language issue at all as the phrase translates identically in english and spanish.

MOO
No she didn't, and you know what? Knowing what we know now, maybe it wasn't a terrible idea for AB not to insist she use one. All of the lies are suddenly easily questioned because of language issues.

I don't think they can "force" her to, but she can make the choice not to use one when provided. That's on her, especially if her attorney is sitting right there when it's offered.
Actually Atty Bowman and LE did ask about the translator issue with the second meeting I believe. The Judge in the first hearing asked MT if she wanted a translator ON THE RECORD and she said no. I remember this distinctly because the Court was scrambling to find the translator to get everything started and the reporters kept asking what the delay was and the Court Clerk said they were waiting for the translator.

The record on this issue I believe will be proven to be clear. Atty Bowman had to be sensitive to this issue I would think especially given her performance when being questioned by LE.

MOO

Schoenhorn filed a discovery motion to obtain all of the state’s evidence against his client. NBC Connecticut asked him about speculation made by Fotis Dulos’s defense team that Jennifer Dulos may still be alive.

“To be honest with you I have no idea,” said Schoenhorn. He pointed to the fact that he hasn’t read the warrant or received evidence from the state. “I have requested any evidence that suggests that either she has not passed away or may have taken her own life.”
New Attorney For Michelle Troconis Speaks Out About the Dulos Case

Can bc anyone point me to the documents from MTs civil case that have been discussed here previously? People here have mentioned for instance the questions MT was asked about trying to get access to information about the children’s trusts in the NY probate courts. Thnx in advance to anyone who can point me to these.

Schoenhorn filed a discovery motion to obtain all of the state’s evidence against his client. NBC Connecticut asked him about speculation made by Fotis Dulos’s defense team that Jennifer Dulos may still be alive.

“To be honest with you I have no idea,” said Schoenhorn. He pointed to the fact that he hasn’t read the warrant or received evidence from the state. “I have requested any evidence that suggests that either she has not passed away or may have taken her own life.”

BBM No one, but no one, stood on the steps of the Brooklyn hospital pleading with Jennifer Farber Dulos to please visit her husband in his last hours.

Not her husband's sister. Not her husband's defense attorney.

There is only evidence of Jennifer Farber Dulos' death by violent assault in the garage of 69 Welles.

Why would Fotis Dulos' defense attorney keep evidence clearing him, or those charged with conspiring with him, a secret? Why?

Nothing to be discovered, nothing.

JMHO YMMV LRR

Last edited:
Anyone know when KM is due back in court?

Poor guy, hasn't been able to assemble enough friends to make bail....
Good summary article about KM.

What We Learned from Arrest Warrant of Fotis Dulos’ Co-Defendant, Attorney Kent Mawhinney

Shocking that KM won't be in Court again until 2/20 at 10am in Stamford for his Criminal Case where he will make his plea.

Someone must have a sense of humor in Hartford as KM is back in Court in Hartford on Valentines Day (2/14 at 10am) for his Spousal Rape/Disorderly Conduct/Unlawful Restraint charge.

KM remains in prison as of today.

https://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/C...ding&Key=7a0b04c3-a449-4627-b6e9-f32d93c12e1b

https://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/C...ding&Key=3f9a71e0-179a-4a3c-b340-0b3be28defb7

MOO

Actually Atty Bowman and LE did ask about the translator issue with the second meeting I believe. The Judge in the first hearing asked MT if she wanted a translator ON THE RECORD and she said no. I remember this distinctly because the Court was scrambling to find the translator to get everything started and the reporters kept asking what the delay was and the Court Clerk said they were waiting for the translator.

The record on this issue I believe will be proven to be clear. Atty Bowman had to be sensitive to this issue I would think especially given her performance when being questioned by LE.

MOO
Oh, I definitely don't think he's going to get far with getting MT's previous statements thrown out, but I definitely think JS, being brand new, is going to throw everything he can think of at the wall until he sees what sticks.

... HE HASN'T READ THE WARRANT?

2/14 assault, violation of protection order,disorderly conduct
2/20 conspiracy...

Hahahahaha! Valentines Day

Good summary article about KM.

What We Learned from Arrest Warrant of Fotis Dulos’ Co-Defendant, Attorney Kent Mawhinney

Shocking that KM won't be in Court again until 2/20 at 10am in Stamford for his Criminal Case where he will make his plea.

Someone must have a sense of humor in Hartford as KM is back in Court in Hartford on Valentines Day (2/14 at 10am) for his Spousal Rape/Disorderly Conduct/Unlawful Restraint charge.

KM remains in prison as of today.

https://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/C...ding&Key=7a0b04c3-a449-4627-b6e9-f32d93c12e1b

https://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/C...ding&Key=3f9a71e0-179a-4a3c-b340-0b3be28defb7
Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member