Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you recall, a big floor mat/liner from the suburban was discarded along Albany Ave. I believe that there was blood on the outside of the Suburban.

Blood was found BOTH outside and inside (in the cargo area) of JFD’s Suburban, according to the Sept 2019 Arrest Warrant for FD (related to the second tampering charge, the one involving replacement of seats in the Toyota Tacoma and the full detailing of that vehicle).

I get what you’re saying, but judging how an “innocent person” would or wouldn’t display certain gestures e.g smiling etc. is a slippery slope. A completely stoic defendant could be guilty as sin, just as a more jovial one might be completely innocent. If I were in a similar predicament, I’d hate for the whole world to dissect my every outward affect in order to assess my guilt or innocence. For then it could just come down to how good an actor that person is. IMO
MOO. This carefree, non-nonchalant behavior has been quite consistent. Perhaps toned down now. Yeah, I've heard it all before that you don't how people react to different things, everyone is different, blah, blah, blah. Jovial is certainly a good description of MT and family. I've heard of nervous laughter but never nervous joviality nor blowing kisses in the face of murder charges.

MT chose to have the whole world dissect her and her behavior by participating in a crime that led to AWs being signed. I'm not seeing any slippery slope or far leaps here. Her demeanor and that of her family is not in the least graceful nor is it respectful to the Farbers. But then, it should come as no surprise considering how she has conducted herself even before she moved to CT. Affair with FD in FL, move to CT and work in the FORE office while conducting the affair in JD's home, shacking up with a married father of 5, etc, etc. No grace, class or substance anywhere to be found.

A good attorney gives guidance to their client and the family as to proper decorum in the courtroom and afterward. The world and most importantly the jurors or potential jurors may form an impression from images they've seen of individuals being charged with a crime. MOO...IMO

I think AB must likely did tell them how to behave but IMO this cast does not take direction. They all believe they are above reproach.

I feel like Schoenhorn's past defense against hate crimes is as "relevant" to this case as Sister Rena's treatise calling out Fotis Dulos' love of water skiing and pulling pranks on friends. But perhaps I just lack imagination.
For those who missed Rena's hilarious attempt at vindicating her brother in the court of public opinion: Rena Dulos issues statement defending brother Fotis

I would bet Schoenhorn's (keeps autocorrect ing to "shoehorn") Spanglish is excelente! (*cough*)

MOO[/QUOTE]
Just bringing back a few tweets from reporters and 'reposters' on the MT court scene yesterday that I hadn't seen which I believe to be insightful and which were posted in the Media thread by @Seattle1:

Dave Altimari‏ @davealtimari
Full courtroom for the Michelle Troconis hearing, Jon Schoenhorn speaking to her family in Spanish even though they are all sitting in court talking to each other in English

8:27 AM - 7 Feb 2020

Dave Altimari‏ @davealtimari
Troconis wearing a headset so English can be translated into Spanish. Colangelo makes remark that she hasn’t needed it before

8:29 AM - 7 Feb 2020

Marissa Alter‏Verified account @MarissaAlter
Interesting note regarding Michelle Troconis using an interpreter today for the first time. About halfway through the hearing, she appears to have one of the headphones out/not on her ear, suggesting she’s listening to her attorney speak English with that ear. @News12CT

EQM1tglUYAA5JjC.jpg

EQM1tgHX0AA2bQP.jpg

12:42 PM - 7 Feb 2020

I get what you’re saying, but judging how an “innocent person” would or wouldn’t display certain gestures e.g smiling etc. is a slippery slope. A completely stoic defendant could be guilty as sin, just as a more jovial one might be completely innocent. If I were in a similar predicament, I’d hate for the whole world to dissect my every outward affect in order to assess my guilt or innocence. For then it could just come down to how good an actor that person is. IMO

IMO, there isn’t any good reason to be laughing and smiling in this particular situation, ESPECIALLY if you are innocent! I wouldn’t make an assessment of guilty or innocent based on this; but it would certainly make me wonder about that person’s judgement and character (which, I know, are not evidence of guilt). Does it not seem to be inappropriate behavior of the entire family, with the exception of Dr. Troconis?

Sorry but one of the LAST folks in the train wreck that was Fd who I believe to be any kind of victim is MT.

Nope, sorry, simply don't see it.

MT started her affair while both she and Fd were both married and it went on for 2 years (at least) before Fd told JFd anything about it. MT then husband dumped her quickly in a 'quickie' divorce in FL.

MT moved to CT and stayed so long as the Fd/Farber money train kept cranking out cash. IMO that is how MT rolls (literally and figuratively IMO) and its how she has rolled over and over and over again in her relationships with men over the years. IMO if there is a female equivalent of a PREDATOR then that person would IMO be MT as she doesn't care if people are married, in a relationship or not, she simply does what she wants with zero cares in the world.

Here is the article about how MT and Fd long flaunted their affair in Farmington.

Missing Mother’s Estranged Husband Flaunted Affair With His Mistress Before Wife Vanished

How many local women do you think would 'embrace' MT after reading this article? Probably zero except her alleged friend with the store Petu who IMO was the only reason MT sought to have her restrictions removed in Court this week, so she could go visit her friend. The MT dead animal rug business IMO is a farce with its marketing done via a PRIVATE INSTA account. IDK why Atty Colangelo didn't ask for some financial statements or even incorporation documents to prove the business is viable and operating but I guess he had bigger fish to fry that this ongoing farce of MT and Mama A being in business.

I'm very much looking forward to MT 'new atty' backing up the bus on his story about the MT 'fabric business' as to my knowledge MT, Mama A and her sister only have the dead animal rug business. Gotta love an attorney that doesn't even know what kind of business his client has and the irony of calling the dead animal rug business a 'fabric business' is in itself hilarious.

MT in AW3 admitted to arguing with Fd ALL THE TIME and YET SHE STILL STAYED.

MT stayed WITH HER DAUGHTER at 4Jx for years amidst the ongoing turmoil of the Dulos divorce. How many parents would knowingly subject a child to that environment which you would guess to be volatile and toxic? BUT MT STILL STAYED.

We talked a lot on here about the "Greek Family" of Fd, but the MT "Troconis/Arrezea Clan" has been front and centre at 4Jx living the high life off of Fd/JFd dime for years now and ditto for Miami. We see the MT clan strutting into the Stamford Courthouse wearing stillettos and sunglasses but this same group of people has been supportive of her ongoing relationship with Fd FOR YEARS. Just give a second to thinking about a parent supporting a child who was then married in conducting an affair with a very much married father of 5! Mama A and MT sisters and father ALL DID THIS.

This is simply who these people are and they were very much willing to partake of the Fd parties, travel and restaurant dinners and who knows what else as long as the cash kept rolling and the free plane tickets mysteriously kept showing up. MT family IMO has rallied around her for years and was very much supportive of her ongoing and VERY DETERMINED campaign to be the 'QUEEN of 4Jx' in Farmington. There IMO was no lack of knowledge here on the part of any of the family members as they knew that Fd was married with 5 small children and MT knew JFd personally and worked daily in 4Jx while JFd was still living there for at least a year.

I'm just putting this out there in case there is any doubt that the family of MT didn't know about the situation with Fd. Nope, they knew yet there is extensive social media evidence in the form of pictures (now mostly scrubbed online but held by news outlets such as the DM and NYP and others) that show the family with Fd when he was still married as was MT.

Sometimes we see families as victims in these cases, but in the case of MT and Fd, their families were aware, vested and present IMO in the affair and ongoing relationship.

I will never forget hearing Atty Bowman in Court make the statement that MT had no motive in this case and I think it was him uttering that statement that showed me he didn't truly understand either his client or much about this case. Frankly I was surprised he lasted as long as he did in this case as it was clear that MT was lying to him, her family was lying to him and MT was lying to LE. Kudos to him for escaping from these IMO toxic and lying people who really cannot legally be saved from themselves in great part due to the fact that they continue to live by gaming the legal system. IMO this might work in an overburdened FL Federal legal system but when in comes to Conspiracy to Murder in the State of CT, IMO this simply won't stand or be tolerated. MT missed the boat on some kind of plea deal and simply sunk her chances at a plea deal via her lying campaign. I'm surprised she found another attorney to take her on as even defense attorneys don't have much patience for clients that lie to them and LE and have that fact documented in now 3 AWs.

So, no, MT is NOT a victim. MT knew precisely what she was doing and she stayed with Fd amidst a horrific ongoing divorce drama (of which she was well aware about IMO) and she stayed for a very specific reason and IMO that reason was $$$$$ and it wasn't just the $120,000/yr that she got paid from FORE, IMO it was the promise of a life of leisure and no financial worries. MT signed up for this ALL and she fought hard and IMO engaged in a murder to gain this for herself. MT only cared about herself ever and never gave 2 seconds of time for JFd.

MOO

Jennifer wrote checks back to FORE for babysitting (as if it were her bill from the marital money rather than their bill). If she were paying it, why not just write checks directly? It’s a weird arrangement that I can’t even conceptualize as a tax cheat, because the same amount came in as went out, right? But it was one of the many ways that Dulos showed that he and FORE were one and the same; any corporation that is really part of an individual loses its separate liability. I haven’t read the civil docs, but it could be that’s what Weinstein was working to establish or established. (I’m not sure how far down that path he wanted to go, however, because they were still married and Fotis was a dick who didn’t pay bills.)

Did Fotis pay himself a salary? Michelle could have been paid their couple money, with the expectation that she pays the bills that just can’t be charged to FORE for the both of them, and Fotis thus avoids having the income to pay to support his own children.

@Tink56,

Per usual, Fd always had to have the last word and so robbed the Farber family of a trial along with the rest of those that want to see justice for this horrific crime.

But, we have that opportunity to seek justice with a trial against MT and KM.

MOO

Justice is in the eye of the beholder. Where some might find justice served if FD had been tried, convicted and serve a life sentence - others would find more closure and justice served by his death (even if by his own exhaust pipe). I am firmly in the second camp. As far as the Farber family is concerned, FD’s circus trial (considering his legal team, circus is an understatement) might have caused them way more pain, than what will ensue now. That’s a very deep and personal issue that they will sadly grapple with forever.

Disagree. FBI profilers have been dealing with this issue for a very long time and have it down to a science with a bit of art thrown in IMO.

To your point, good defense attorneys school their clients on many of the PR aspects of the court appearance and public interaction. But, this is surface stuff and its important to public perception. But IMO watching defendants is important when they are inside Court and we got schooled in this this week on the translation to Spanish in Court situation.

MT and her 'new atty' asked to layer in the cost of a translation (its her right to do so) but yet 2 reporters/reposter noticed in Court that even though the 'new atty' was speaking to the Troconis clan in Spanish THAT THEY WERE SPEAKING WITH EACH OTHER IN ENGLISH! Another reporter remarked (and we all saw it quite clearly) that MT TOOK OFF 1/2 her headset and was listening in ENGLISH to her atty, Atty Colangelo and the Judge in Court. IMO the entire situation was a farce that was yet again brought on by entitlement and the expected process of discrediting the prior MT testimony to LE. The laughable aspect of this was that the family proved that THEIR PREFERRED LANGUAGE IS ENGLISH.

Its things like this happening which is why IMO watching people and what they do and then comparing it to what they say is so important to figuring out what is going on. Figuring out the story below the story is oftentimes hard to do but it can be done IMO. I think many assumed that the home language of MT just might be Spanish. Perhaps it is sometimes but probably not as much now as it has been in the past. Fd didn't speak Spanish and so the MT with Fd was conducted in ENGLISH. I'm sure MT had her spanish speaking friends such as Petu but from the long ago quote about how Fd got mad when MT spoke Spanish with her friends and family and when she was speaking with her friend in Spanish he asked her to leave the room.

“Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us.”

― Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft

MOO

There are some techniques that certain interviewers are trained in- to look for the momentary reflexive expression of emotion that occurs often for a flash before conscious face control can occur.

I still agree that it is a very slippery slope to attempt to evaluate innocence or lack of it from images, even for trained spotters of unconscious expressions of emotion. Let’s say you watch a person, and it appears they unconsciously expressed surprise and fear, then consciously put on a relaxed smile. What have you proven? They were surprised and afraid about something- something that they just noticed or learned at that moment of expression, and that they have been coached or taught themselves to keep a relaxed smile on their face. You can’t see innocence, just emotions.

I think it is fair enough to judge people by the emotions they express in certain contexts. (In fact, the reason people fake emotions is because they will be judged and/or they will harm other people by expressing their raw emotion.)

In my case, it disgusts me that Michelle looks like she is concerned with her irritated skin as if it doesn’t occur to her that it is better than decomposed skin- how she wants to parent her daughter, but for that pesky house arrest, as if there are not 5 children who are making their way having lost both parents. When she looks anything but ashamed and contrite in court, and she looks everything BUT ashamed and contrite in court, I feel angry.

It does not mean I can evaluate her innocence. I only know how she makes me feel.

Even a highly trained reader of emotions, who is better able to guess how she really feels, would not claim they could tell if she is guilty or not. They would just argue they are better able to evaluate her emotions.

Last edited:
I watched the FD Stamford Court appearance of August 9, 2019 and the State of Ct constantly reiterated that the Judge put a "no contact" order in place because, according to the State, Rena was trying to contact the children FOR FD.

Now, we have witnessed that the Dulos family have no boundaries, are thieves, feel entitled to living life on the dime of Mrs. Farber and no respect for following the law, so I am speculating, that Rena was the 3rd party that Colangelo was referring to in court on Friday when he said he learned that a 3rd party was communicating with MT with messages from FD.

Dulos family appear to be grifters, opportunists, gypsies, and liars.

re: MT and her bruise on her ankle from gps - thousands of criminals have worn a ankle bracelet, she's just one more trying to buck the system.

IMO, there isn’t any good reason to be laughing and smiling in this particular situation, ESPECIALLY if you are innocent! I wouldn’t make an assessment of guilty or innocent based on this; but it would certainly make me wonder about that person’s judgement and character (which, I know, are not evidence of guilt). Does it not seem to be inappropriate behavior of the entire family, with the exception of Dr. Troconis?

I agree 100%

First off I admit I've become cynical but I was thinking that MT has found just the right lawyer after viewing that early interview where Schoehorn(?) is outside next to that big sign of his. It appears he's set to play this case for all the free advertising he can get. Seems his name recognition is almost as important as if MT spends anytime in prison.

Various articles in the Greek press about Fd death - looks like the locals ate up the Atty. P. commentary and spin on Fd choice to end his life. Sad to see this IMO 'fake news' perpetuated in the Greek press as I thought they would do a better job of looking at the facts.

Google Translate

Google Translate

Google Translate
I’m not surprised at this one bit. Very homogeneous society.

There are some techniques that certain interviewers are trained in- to look for the momentary reflexive expression of emotion that occurs often for a flash before conscious face control can occur.

I still agree that it is a very slippery slope to attempt to evaluate innocence or lack of it from images, even for trained spotters of unconscious expressions of emotion. Let’s say you watch a person, and it appears they unconsciously expressed surprise and fear, then consciously put on a relaxed smile. What have you proven? They were surprised and afraid about something- something that they just noticed or learned at that moment of expression, and that they have been coached or taught themselves to keep a relaxed smile on their face. You can’t see innocence, just emotions.

I think it is fair enough to judge people by the emotions they express in certain contexts. (In fact, the reason people fake emotions is because they will be judged and/or they will harm other people by expressing their raw emotion.)

In my case, it disgusts me that Michelle looks like she is concerned with her irritated skin as if it doesn’t occur to her that it is better than decomposed skin- how she wants to parent her daughter, but for that pesky house arrest, as if there are not 5 children who are making their way having lost both parents. When she looks anything but ashamed and contrite in court, and she looks everything BUT ashamed and contrite in court, I feel angry.

It does not mean I can evaluate her innocence. I only know how she makes me feel.

Even a highly trained reader of emotions, who is better able to guess how she really feels, would not claim they could tell if she is guilty or not. They would just argue they are better able to evaluate her emotions.
And that cockiness is exactly what a jury will see and they will base their opinions on that. They will be aware that 5 children have lost both parents and I think they too will be disgusted with her antics. Especially with her stance that she lied to LE because she could not understand what they were saying to her. I am sure the prosecution will provide plenty of examples of her adequate command of the English language.

We've gone down this long winding road in an earlier thread and I think someone found the correct area within I believe the AGs office that handles the paperwork to certify and monitor the attorneys that qualify to do this work. Being CT, the transparency on the entire issue isn't as clear as it is in other states.

What was discovered for Atty. P. for example is that even though he and his firm have done business for the State for years that they for whatever reason aren't required to fill out the proper paperwork and so effectively go 'off the books'.

Who knows how many other attorney also work 'off the books'. Someone on this thread had incredible insight into how this process is supposed to work vs how it actually does work in practice. I am not sure if we ever got closure on local courts ability to engage local attorneys for public work as well. My recollection was that the search process to figure out how this is supposed to work took a good bit of doing.

I do wish the Press could investigate the process of these attorneys and how they are paid and reviewed. The conjecture as to why Atty. P. and his firm didn't fill out the paperwork was because they didn't want to provide the disclosure but also because they wanted to negotiate their fee. Shout out to Lisa Backus and the Stamford Advocate here as IMO this entire process of having attorneys work 'off the books' simply renders having a process and procedure for engaging public defenders useless. But I can't say I was surprised to find out Atty. P. works 'off the books' but I am concerned that there are many more that are going around the system in place and so legal fees might be way beyond the contractual rates set forth in the program guidelines.

Do we know if MT new attorney is representing her privately or via State Provided Funds?

MOO

https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/OCPD/Publications/Annual-Reports/2017-18-Annual-Report.pdf

“Assigned Counsel (Formerly known as Special Public Defenders) Assigned Counsel are private attorneys hired by the Public Defender Services Commission to represent indigent defendants when the public defender office determines that there is a conflict of interest. As noted above, in FY2017/18, Assigned Counsel were assigned to handle 23,846 cases for the Judicial District, Geographical Area, Juvenile Matters, Appellate, Habeas and Child Protection offices combined. The majority of these cases were assigned pursuant to contracts entered into between the Commission and members of the private bar.”

From 2018 annual report of the Chief Public Defender

Go to below link, see forms, etc., as to how lawyers are expected to get these assignments.

Assigned Counsel

“What other expenses are covered?

The Office of Chief Public Defender will pay for a variety of pre-approved expenses such as experts, investigation, travel and the like. However, expenses incurred without prior approval will not be paid. “ (Lawyers get $100 hr for capital felony cases.)

CGS 51-293(a)(2)

“(2) This section shall not prevent a judge of the Superior Court from appointing a Division of Public Defender Services assigned counsel on a contractual basis for a temporary period of time in an appropriate case, whose expenses and compensation shall be paid from the budget of the Public Defender Services Commission and in accordance with the rates of compensation approved by the commission pursuant to subdivision (12) of section 51-291. Whenever possible, any such appointment shall be made from a list of attorneys provided by the commission and submitted to the court by the office of Chief Public Defender. Subsequent to an attorney’s appointment as a Division of Public Defender Services assigned counsel, the attorney may not solicit or accept from or on behalf of his or her client any money or article of value of any kind either as a fee for services performed or to be performed or as payment for costs or expenses incurred or to be incurred.”

Pattis has said in his blog posts that he works as an AS/SPD, but does not have a contract. NP says he gets assignments directly from office of PD, which appears to be in conflict with above statute, which requires that a judge of the Superior Court appoints an assigned counsel on a contractual basis to a case.

Though private attorneys are required to submit yearly applications for contracts along with questionnaires that ask about, e.g., whether they were the subject of any ethical complaint, the CPD’s office has admitted (in response to a FOIA request) that it has no contracts or questionnaires submitted by NP, though disclosing that between 2005 and 2016 it paid NP over $70,000 for his services as AS/SPD "off contract." The OCPD did not respond to a FOIA request for copies of records of NP’s submissions for payment or payments made to NP from the OCPD. We the people have the right to know how public funds are being expended by the state.

I watched the FD Stamford Court appearance of August 9, 2019 and the State of Ct constantly reiterated that the Judge put a "no contact" order in place because, according to the State, Rena was trying to contact the children FOR FD.

Now, we have witnessed that the Dulos family have no boundaries, are thieves, feel entitled to living life on the dime of Mrs. Farber and no respect for following the law, so I am speculating, that Rena was the 3rd party that Colangelo was referring to in court on Friday when he said he learned that a 3rd party was communicating with MT with messages from FD.

Dulos family appear to be grifters, opportunists, gypsies, and liars.

re: MT and her bruise on her ankle from gps - thousands of criminals have worn a ankle bracelet, she's just one more trying to buck the system.

Where does Rena live?

Jennifer wrote checks back to FORE for babysitting (as if it were her bill from the marital money rather than their bill). If she were paying it, why not just write checks directly? It’s a weird arrangement that I can’t even conceptualize as a tax cheat, because the same amount came in as went out, right? But it was one of the many ways that Dulos showed that he and FORE were one and the same; any corporation that is really part of an individual loses its separate liability. I haven’t read the civil docs, but it could be that’s what Weinstein was working to establish or established. (I’m not sure how far down that path he wanted to go, however, because they were still married and Fotis was a dick who didn’t pay bills.)

Did Fotis pay himself a salary? Michelle could have been paid their couple money, with the expectation that she pays the bills that just can’t be charged to FORE for the both of them, and Fotis thus avoids having the income to pay to support his own children.

However the financial voodoo worked, I think it’ll be found that Jennifer’s money was “our money”, the money that paid all of the bills. And Fotis’s money was “my money”, the money which was spent on only himself. Just a guess, though.

I don't think we can yet make this conclusion yet. We learned from Atty Colangelo that other investigations were ongoing. We also learned in the Civil Case that Atty Bowman was VERY concerned with ongoing investigations and possible other charges for MT. Just because we haven't heard about any of this I don't think this means it isn't happening.

The Probate Process will include the messy process of sorting out Fd affairs and it will be interesting to see if any State or Federal interests are raised.

MOO
Hopefully, the Probate process will determine if Pattisville or PI McKenna are creditors for any fees owing. If not, may we assume that they were paid with public funds through the office of the Chief Public Defender?

@CarolineLago....Certainly hope you were not serious about being on a jury without revealing that you have been on a discussion forum about a case on which you posted and expressed an opinion. Generally, especially in well known cases, the jurors fill out questionnaires where they are asked questions like, "Are you on social media?" "Please list your social media accounts and identification, etc." You would need to sign the questionnaire that your answers are truthful under penalty of law. If it's a lesser case, the judge generally ask group questions and people respond either privately or in court to the judge.

The answers to these questions might not initially exclude you from consideration to be on the jury, but you would be closely questioned by both sides of the case. Probably you would be dismissed if you expressed an opinion that you could not be fair and impartial and base your decision as to innocence or guilt based solely on what is presented in court.

Am sure if a member of your family were standing trial, you would want them to have an open and fair jury. I'm not a lawyer, but have served on 4 juries...a result of being a registered voter. The above has been my experience.

I also think it's much too early for any trials of the individuals involved in the Jennifer Dulos disappearance.
[/QUOTE]

If you misrepresent yourself on a jury questionnaire or during void dire, and the court finds out, it would most likely lead to a mistrial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro