Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
However the financial voodoo worked, I think it’ll be found that Jennifer’s money was “our money”, the money that paid all of the bills. And Fotis’s money was “my money”, the money which was spent on only himself. Just a guess, though.

Yes, and any money Fotis siphoned off JD money or her 400k/year trust, was his money, and hidden or sent to Greece for hiding..MOO

FD didn't have any money, he didn't earn any, I am guessing Grandparents paid for school tuitions, and kicked in thousands upon thousands for the children in doctor, dental, tutors, lessons, sports every year..because JD 400k/year from a trust is NOT enough for private school and the lavish living they had, multiple expensive newer cars, full time nannies..maintaining the home (s), lawn care..it adds up quickly out here..

IMO, if Attorney Pattis is involved in communicating with KM through client JM, like a threat to shut up, another reason to charge Attorney Pattis with obstruction. MOO. Disbarment for ethical violations would result from a conviction for obstruction. Who, I wonder, is the third party facilitating communication between Fd and MT, hmmm? MOO.

NP filed a motion for extension of time in federal court in Cameron Atkinson (cowboy hat law-clerk) v. Facebook et al. Following is an excerpt (from Pacer.gov):

“The undersigned has lost significant time to prepare an adequate response to the Defendants’ motion to dismiss due to the tragic and unexpected death of one of his clients. The undersigned will also be out of the office for over two weeks stating on February 9, 2020. Consequently, he will be unable to prepare an adequate response to the Defendants’ motion to dismiss if the deadline remains February 11, 2020.”

Does this mean there will be a couple of wks relief from posthumous motions filed on behalf of FD in state court?

It's beyond belief what the sense of entitlement is with these Malignant N. Anecdote: I owned my home free and clear before we ever met. He owned nothing except 2 old trucks, had no savings and rented a small condo unit. He told me that the woman he was living with some years ago had conned him and stolen/ruined his business/cheated him out of their jointly owned home. We had many friends in common and they all vouched for him. I really hate to judge people on their assets or lack thereof. I was sensitive to the fact that he might feel awkward about not being financially secure. Several months before things abruptly ended, we were at a social gathering. He was talking about OUR home and he referred to it as "my house", meaning not OUR house, but HIS house. I looked at him in disbelief and he told me, "you know I meant OUR house, right?" He didn't even believe that it was OUR house. He honestly thought of it as his house only. Thank God, I never put him on the deed. That is because he did alot of cash business and no way would I expose my home to possible IRS issues. I did trust him with all money and that burned me badly. I did my own investigation after he left. I found the woman that he had conned previously. I was also able to verify with a couple contractors that he hid huge sums of money that had been paid to him. Apparently, things did not even conform to the principle of of what's yours is ours and what's mine is mine. The principle in actuality was: what's mine is mine and what's yours is also mine. Will never be involved again with someone who has less than me.

I am sorry this happened to you; don't feel bad tho, it happens more often than you would imagine; and this is very common out here in CT..men moving into women's homes, men who are barely working, barely earning, and the home title, deed, mortgaged, or paid for in cash solely by the woman, the home solely maintained by the woman (property tax, homeowners ins, plumber, electrical, any repairs) and the barely employed low to no asset man, who might contribute to a utility bill or two, will say its his or our house...no, its HERS...

Never getting involved with someone without assets or less than yourself is a VERY VERY wise move....

https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/OCPD/Publications/Annual-Reports/2017-18-Annual-Report.pdf

“Assigned Counsel (Formerly known as Special Public Defenders) Assigned Counsel are private attorneys hired by the Public Defender Services Commission to represent indigent defendants when the public defender office determines that there is a conflict of interest. As noted above, in FY2017/18, Assigned Counsel were assigned to handle 23,846 cases for the Judicial District, Geographical Area, Juvenile Matters, Appellate, Habeas and Child Protection offices combined. The majority of these cases were assigned pursuant to contracts entered into between the Commission and members of the private bar.”

From 2018 annual report of the Chief Public Defender

Go to below link, see forms, etc., as to how lawyers are expected to get these assignments.

Assigned Counsel

“What other expenses are covered?

The Office of Chief Public Defender will pay for a variety of pre-approved expenses such as experts, investigation, travel and the like. However, expenses incurred without prior approval will not be paid. “ (Lawyers get $100 hr for capital felony cases.)

CGS 51-293(a)(2)

“(2) This section shall not prevent a judge of the Superior Court from appointing a Division of Public Defender Services assigned counsel on a contractual basis for a temporary period of time in an appropriate case, whose expenses and compensation shall be paid from the budget of the Public Defender Services Commission and in accordance with the rates of compensation approved by the commission pursuant to subdivision (12) of section 51-291. Whenever possible, any such appointment shall be made from a list of attorneys provided by the commission and submitted to the court by the office of Chief Public Defender. Subsequent to an attorney’s appointment as a Division of Public Defender Services assigned counsel, the attorney may not solicit or accept from or on behalf of his or her client any money or article of value of any kind either as a fee for services performed or to be performed or as payment for costs or expenses incurred or to be incurred.”

Pattis has said in his blog posts that he works as an AS/SPD, but does not have a contract. NP says he gets assignments directly from office of PD, which appears to be in conflict with above statute, which requires that a judge of the Superior Court appoints an assigned counsel on a contractual basis to a case.

Though private attorneys are required to submit yearly applications for contracts along with questionnaires that ask about, e.g., whether they were the subject of any ethical complaint, the CPD’s office has admitted (in response to a FOIA request) that it has no contracts or questionnaires submitted by NP, though disclosing that between 2005 and 2016 it paid NP over $70,000 for his services as AS/SPD "off contract." The OCPD did not respond to a FOIA request for copies of records of NP’s submissions for payment or payments made to NP from the OCPD. We the people have the right to know how public funds are being expended by the state.
1 million LIKES!

Yet again in this case/s we see that while CT might have rules, process and procedure on the books that when the time comes to verify compliance that things sadly fall short over and over. Dodging and weaving from FOIA requests might also be par for the course when you might have rampant non compliance in the system as well!

Do hope that Atty Colangelo in his new job might have some input on these issues and work to restore some level of confidence in the system that IMO was lost many years ago.

This absence of transparency and the tit for tat favours that have long characterised Hartford and its LE and Courts for years is why IMO it would be a very very bad idea to change the venue for MT trial to Hartford. Yes, the justice system in CT is highly flawed but it IMO is much less flawed in Stamford vs Hartford. IMO also if CT had a functioning press to hold the judiciary and government accountable for performance then perhaps things would be different. But, we have seen comfy relationships and the Press in the pocket of attorneys who feed them information and stories. We saw a rarely smiling Atty. P. stand outside court many times virtually blowing kisses to the Sr. Hearst Official who he jokingly referred to as, "Helen"! We have seen time and time again the closed network present amongst the Press/Attorneys/LE/Judges and to say that this would or could never have an impact on justice I think would simply be naive.

The Press and private citizens have been trying to get basic and compliance information on this process of hiring private attorneys FOR YEARS with very little to show for it. We never see the Press write about it? Yet, the gravy train for attorneys exists and others who are 'above the system' such at Atty. P. get to work off the books with public information unavailable.

The State continues to engage attorneys like Atty. P. and his partner 'off the books' and there is no way to provide any transparency on the process, results, monitor conflicts, litigation, bar membership etc.

If anyone would like an example of 'attorneys and Judges taking care of each other' sadly its my view that CT would make a perfect example. Family Court is probably the single best example IMO and we saw it play out prominently in the Dulos divorce case. We saw the ongoing bending of rules and inconsistent orders of Judge Noble in Civil Court and the virtual tossing out of the rules of evidence whilst in trial in the GF/Fd/FORE Civil Case and still over 30 days post trial there is no ruling.

We have people sitting in jail awaiting trial and others who can't get hearings due to the terrapin speed of the system and yet we see folks like MT and her new lawyer getting Court dates and choose to address issues like whining about files, bracelets and people convicted of conspiracy to commit murder deserving the right to be able to go to Starbuck/local cafe and shopping. I think it all feels like the Twilight Zone precisely because it is! Justice, however you define it, slants different depending on whether you have the money to pay the system yourself to deliver it. We are seeing this play out quite clearly with MT now. I was always curious how the Fd delivery of justice would happen once his cash was all transferred to the greedy pockets of Atty. P. Sadly Fd took his life IMO in part because he knew the answer to his fate not only at the hands of Atty. P. but longer term in the hands of public defender. CT is referred to locally as CORRUPTICUT and most people think of this as a joke. Sadly though when it relates to justice IMO it isn't a joke and its deadly serious.

Judge White IMO has been a very refreshing change to the public optics of CORRUPTICUT courts and his unwillingness to tolerate attorneys wasting the Court's time on nonsense is very much appreciated by this unfortunate and very unhappy citizen.

MOO

Last edited:
I am sorry this happened to you; don't feel bad tho, it happens more often than you would imagine; and this is very common out here in CT..men moving into women's homes, men who are barely working, barely earning, and the home title, deed, mortgaged, or paid for in cash solely by the woman, the home solely maintained by the woman (property tax, homeowners ins, plumber, electrical, any repairs) and the barely employed low to no asset man, who might contribute to a utility bill or two, will say its his or our house...no, its HERS...

Never getting involved with someone without assets or less than yourself is a VERY VERY wise move....
Thank you for your comment. There is a great deal of internal shame in this situation. A person literally feels stupid and embarrassed. The MN will not take any responsibility for what they have done so the victim/survivor carries the full load for a very long time. It has taken me 4+ years to get close to resolving this in my own head. I think I'm almost at the finish line.

NP filed a motion for extension of time in federal court in Cameron Atkinson (cowboy hat law-clerk) v. Facebook et al. Following is an excerpt (from Pacer.gov):

“The undersigned has lost significant time to prepare an adequate response to the Defendants’ motion to dismiss due to the tragic and unexpected death of one of his clients. The undersigned will also be out of the office for over two weeks stating on February 9, 2020. Consequently, he will be unable to prepare an adequate response to the Defendants’ motion to dismiss if the deadline remains February 11, 2020.”

Does this mean there will be a couple of wks relief from posthumous motions filed on behalf of FD in state court?
Simply stunningly unprofessional IMO but simply how Pattisville rolls and rolls and rolls!

Wonder if he has a trial or if he is off to St Barts courtesy of Fd 'green'????

MOO

Thank you for your comment. There is a great deal of internal shame in this situation. A person literally feels stupid and embarrassed. The MN will not take any responsibility for what they have done so the victim/survivor carries the full load for a very long time. It has taken me 4+ years to get close to resolving this in my own head. I think I'm almost at the finish line.

A couple of good platitudes that make complete sense when you have been duped by a MN, I have been also...

You don't know what you don't know..

You did the best you could with the information you had at the time..

We did not willingly get duped by men...we fell for the bait and switch or the con...I have also..it happens...you will forgive yourself, you are definitely not alone..JD is the worst outcome for those of us who got duped, at least we got away alive.

Various articles in the Greek press about Fd death - looks like the locals ate up the Atty. P. commentary and spin on Fd choice to end his life. Sad to see this IMO 'fake news' perpetuated in the Greek press as I thought they would do a better job of looking at the facts.

Google Translate

Google Translate

Google Translate

Oh so sorry to hear about his 'deceased representatives' - his attorneys?
;) And I wonder if they are actually claiming that Jennifer is Greek?

WS decesed reps.png
WS greek jennifer.png

My husband serves as an expert witness conducting forensic accounting services and reporting findings on cases involving real estate and financial services and I would LOVE to help him were his firm were to be hired to dig into the financial matters of FORE Group as I'm sure it would be fascinating exploration. I also have a professional accounting and auditing background although I've been long retired, so I often serve as a sounding board for him in the work he does and I love the chase of figuring things out and discovering the ends to which some people will go.

IMO, it at least appears there was plenty of intermingling of personal and business expenses and assets. There also appear to be examples of providing rent-free housing and other services or assets to friends or relatives. It also appears there may have been below-market related-party financings (some of which may have been undocumented) and I wonder if those loans were disclosed to banks when applying for additional financing and/or to insurance underwriters when applying for construction bonds. So, IMO possible fraud on financing applications and underpaid taxes at the very least. (FD claims that JFD's late advances were a gift, but how many of us here assume that he reported that gift?) Given the fraud involved in the bail bonding process at the end, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to discover that construction bonds might also have had issues. Given that FD was Greek, both he and MT maintained strong international relationships with friends, family, and other associates, and traveled internationally with some frequency - and in light of likely dishonest reporting domestically - I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find more there.

However, unless the state seriously entertains a challenge to FD's estate on the part of FD's Greek relatives, to what end would a forensic accounting investigation be worth the cost and effort? FD is gone and the company is no longer operating. MT and KW are already charged with significant crimes. Chasing down the international movement of money or other assets in particular would likely be very difficult, although if I were custodian of those properties currently believed to be in the estate I would definitely want to research current status of title and pronto.
@Diddian Thank you for sharing! This was very informative, and also, Welcome to Websleuths. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Simply stunningly unprofessional IMO but simply how Pattisville rolls and rolls and rolls!

Wonder if he has a trial or if he is off to St Barts courtesy of Fd 'green'????

MOO
Definitely, St. Barts. Can’t you just see him all lubed up in suntan oil, with his straggly grey ponytail hanging down his back, while he soaks up the sun wearing his Speedo.:cool: And Ray Bans, of course.

1 million LIKES!

Yet again in this case/s we see that while CT might have rules, process and procedure on the books that when the time comes to verify compliance that things sadly fall short over and over. Dodging and weaving from FOIA requests might also be par for the course when you might have rampant non compliance in the system as well!

Do hope that Atty Colangelo in his new job might have some input on these issues and work to restore some level of confidence in the system that IMO was lost many years ago.

This absence of transparency and the tit for tat favours that have long characterised Hartford and its LE and Courts for years is why IMO it would be a very very bad idea to change the venue for MT trial to Hartford. Yes, the justice system in CT is highly flawed but it IMO is much less flawed in Stamford vs Hartford. IMO also if CT had a functioning press to hold the judiciary and government accountable for performance then perhaps things would be different. But, we have seen comfy relationships and the Press in the pocket of attorneys who feed them information and stories. We saw a rarely smiling Atty. P. stand outside court many times virtually blowing kisses to the Sr. Hearst Official who he jokingly referred to as, "Helen"! We have seen time and time again the closed network present amongst the Press/Attorneys/LE/Judges and to say that this would or could never have an impact on justice I think would simply be naive.

The Press and private citizens have been trying to get basic and compliance information on this process of hiring private attorneys FOR YEARS with very little to show for it. We never see the Press write about it? Yet, the gravy train for attorneys exists and others who are 'above the system' such at Atty. P. get to work off the books with public information unavailable.

The State continues to engage attorneys like Atty. P. and his partner 'off the books' and there is no way to provide any transparency on the process, results, monitor conflicts, litigation, bar membership etc.

If anyone would like an example of 'attorneys and Judges taking care of each other' sadly its my view that CT would make a perfect example. Family Court is probably the single best example IMO and we saw it play out prominently in the Dulos divorce case. We saw the ongoing bending of rules and inconsistent orders of Judge Noble in Civil Court and the virtual tossing out of the rules of evidence whilst in trial in the GF/Fd/FORE Civil Case and still over 30 days post trial there is no ruling.

We have people sitting in jail awaiting trial and others who can't get hearings due to the terrapin speed of the system and yet we see folks like MT and her new lawyer getting Court dates and choose to address issues like whining about files, bracelets and people convicted of conspiracy to commit murder deserving the right to be able to go to Starbuck/local cafe and shopping. I think it all feels like the Twilight Zone precisely because it is! Justice, however you define it, slants different depending on whether you have the money to pay the system yourself to deliver it. We are seeing this play out quite clearly with MT now. I was always curious how the Fd delivery of justice would happen once his cash was all transferred to the greedy pockets of Atty. P. Sadly Fd took his life IMO in part because he knew the answer to his fate not only at the hands of Atty. P. but longer term in the hands of public defender. CT is referred to locally as CORRUPTICUT and most people think of this as a joke. Sadly though when it relates to justice IMO it isn't a joke and its deadly serious.

Judge White IMO has been a very refreshing change to the public optics of CORRUPTICUT courts and his unwillingness to tolerate attorneys wasting the Court's time on nonsense is very much appreciated by this unfortunate and very unhappy citizen.

MOO
Wow, we learn so much from you, Afitzy.

And that cockiness is exactly what a jury will see and they will base their opinions on that. They will be aware that 5 children have lost both parents and I think they too will be disgusted with her antics. Especially with her stance that she lied to LE because she could not understand what they were saying to her. I am sure the prosecution will provide plenty of examples of her adequate command of the English language.

Good points. While of course no one would totally base a 'guilty/non-guilty' verdict on someone's demeanor - and no one here is suggesting that - attitude and character do matter:
  • It matters to the Judge (bad attitude can even lead to a contempt charge)
  • It matters to the prosecution/other attorneys (if you recall, Colangelo called out Fotis when he was laughing in court - Colangelo said "do you think this is funny?")
  • It matters to the jury - they are observing (and TOLD to observe) the charged party; they observe if they seem callous, self-serving, dishonest, etc
  • It matters in sentencing - if the judge does not feel the guilty party feels any remorse, the sentencing can be harsher.
MT's actions - even just those that we know so far - combined with her attitude and character (or lack thereof) speak volumes.

Here is a woman so callous that she had an affair with a married man, living with his wife and FIVE children...
  • so cold that she flaunted the affair
  • so selfish that she used the children's money for herself, while Fd and Jennifer were still married and living together
  • so careless about the 5 children, that she tried to insert herself into their daily lives, schools, activities - against the advice of the schools, Jennifer, etc.
  • so uncaring about the children that she interfered in the divorce case/visitation, against the advice of the court
  • so lacking in morals that she started the new affair while still married to her previous husband
  • so devoid of guilt about the affair that she lived off money it does not appear she earned - money that was Jennifer's and the children's
  • so callous that she has not shown ANY concern about Jennifer's murder, or for the children who have lost their mother
  • so flippant about a murder that she claims to have had sex after cleaning blood off the truck and possibly after disposing of Jennifer's body
  • so dishonest, she lied repeatedly to LE, and continues to lie to the court
  • so self-important, that she complains about the ankle bracelet when it's the courts generosity that she's not in jail right now
  • so lacking in awareness that she still has not told the truth about Jennifer
  • so manipulative, that she had Fd risk his entire family to do as she pleased.
Yes, attitude - along with actions - matters.

It matters SO much that it's quite possible, IMO, that MT was possibly the one who suggested AND helped to plan the murder. Her uncaring attitude fits perfectly with such a conniving mind. She was clearly raised that way, as well.

MT had a lot to gain - more than Fd did, even - by Jennifer's murder. Fd had much more to lose, and indeed: he lost absolutely everything.

Did Fd murder Jennifer for MT? Did she help - not just with planning and cleanup, but - also in executing the murder? LE has so much evidence, we'll learn in time. But in the meantime, her attitude and actions say a whole lot.

Last edited:
Fotis Dulos' ex-girlfriend pleads not guilty to conspiring to murder his wife | Daily Mail Online

Some as yet unseen video of the post Court Appearance and photos not yet seen.

-------------------------------------

Quotes from article:

Police say Troconis and Fotis were recorded on surveillance cameras when he threw out trash bags in Hartford on the same day Jennifer disappeared.

The bags contained clothing, zip ties and other items that tested positive for Jennifer's DNA, cops said.

Troconis repeatedly gave conflicting information to investigators in interviews, cops say. She is accused of lying about seeing Fotis on the morning Jennifer was last seen.

Schoenhorn recently indicated he may challenge the admissibility of those interviews because there may have been a language barrier. Troconis' first language is Spanish. For the first time in court today, a Spanish interpreter was provided to her.

Prosecutor Richard Colangelo Jr. said that he was investigating whether Troconis had violated a court order by contacting Fotis through third parties before his death.

Troconis is scheduled to appear in court again on March 20.

Troconis' not-guilty plea comes after Fotis' legal team was reported to be gearing up for a battle against the Jennifer's mother over control of his assets.

Fotis’ attorney Norm Pattis and Gloria Farber, 50, are both in the process of filing probate estates. Farber is filing the probate as she is one of Fotis' closest living relatives and she has been taking care of the couple's children since Jennifer disappeared on May 24, the Hartford Courant reports. Fotis is not thought to have left a will naming an executor or a beneficiary.

Police were called after a moving van was spotted at Fotis' home after his family was accused of taking furniture, the New Haven Register reported. Farber's attorney Richard Weinstein has asked a judge to prohibit anyone from taking the Fotis' personal belongings from the house until an administrator is named.
Hate to admit it, but I do worry that a judge will throw out her police interviews because of the pretend language barrier thing. She was well represented at the time and that attorney didn’t have an issue with her English. She didn’t have an issue with her English. She doesn’t have an issue with her English. But... I still worry because courts often rule conservatively so as not be be overturned on technicalities. So until then... fingers and toes crossed.

Good points. While of course no one would totally base a 'guilty/non-guilty' verdict on someone's demeanor - and no one here is suggesting that - attitude does matter:
  • It matters to the Judge (bad attitude can even lead to a contempt charge)
  • It matters to the prosecution/other attorneys (if you recall, Colangelo called out Fotis when he was laughing in court - Colangelo said "do you think this is funny?")
  • It matters to the jury - they are observing (and TOLD to observe) the charged party; they observe if they seem callous, self-serving, dishonest, etc
  • It matters in sentencing - if the judge does not feel the guilty party feels any remorse, the sentencing can be harsher.
MT's actions - even just those that we know so far - combined with her attitude, speak volumes.

Here is a woman so callous that she had an affair with a married man, living with his wife and FIVE children.
- so cold that she flaunted the affair
- so selfish that she used the children's money for herself, while Fd and Jennifer were still married and living together
- so careless about the 5 children, that she tried to insert herself into their daily lives, schools, activities - against the advice of the schools, Jennifer, etc.
- so uncaring about the children that she interfered in the divorce case/visitation, against the advice of the court
- so unfaithful that she started the affair while still married to her previous husband
- so uncaring about the wife and children, that she lived off money it does not appear she earned
- so callous that she has not shown ANY concern about Jennifer's murder, or for the children who have lost their mother
- so flippant about a murder that she claims to have had sex after cleaning blood off the truck and possibly after disposing of Jennifer's body
- so dishonest, she lied repeatedly to LE, and continues to lie to the court
- so self-important, that she complains about the ankle bracelet when it's the courts generosity that she's not in jail right now
- so lacking in awareness that she still has not told the truth about Jennifer

Yes, attitude - along with actions - matters.

It matters SO much that it's quite possible, IMO, that MT was possibly the one who suggested AND helped to plan the murder. She certainly had a lot to gain - more than Fd did, even - by Jennifer's murder. Fd had much more to lose.

Her uncaring attitude fits perfectly with such a conniving mind.

Kudos to you @Alathea! A great summary of MT's attitude.

Furthermore, even Attorney P was shocked when Fd admitted in Civil Court that he had gone on trips with MT as early as 2015. It's on the record.

The next year she's working in the over-garage office while Jd lives in the house with the children. She didn't seem to experience any guilt or conflict of interest in pursuing her relationship with Fd....in the same home he shared with his wife and children.

Sex in the morning, sex after murder....arguments about finishing the divorce...exposing her daughter to this environment....her character and actions certainly need scrutiny. MOO..IMO

Did the court respond? Just noticed he left the office today. Soooooooo, if the extension isn't granted, will his client suffer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt