Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Davenport, 31, has been charged for allegedly harassing lawyers Norm Pattis and Kevin Smith, attorneys for late murder defendant Fotis Dulos. Davenport is accused of making “over 30 phone calls” from two phone numbers, and going as far as to threaten the attorneys.
According to cops, Davenport got mad at how this defense played out, and he went over the line. Pattis and Smith said they got numerous phone calls from the defendant dating back to last Sept. 5, cops said. Oct. 15 was allegedly a busy night. Pattis got calls at 8:19 p.m., 8:21 p.m, 8:24 p.m, 8:30 p.m, 8:33 p.m, 8:36 p.m, and 8:45 p.m, according to the affidavit. Davenport allegedly called Smith at 8:39 p.m, 8:43 p.m, and 8:48 p.m, investigators said.

Both attorneys said they’ve gotten threats before, but they took this seriously when the caller–who they did not know–said on Oct. 15 that “Smith is not safe” and “it’s gonna be real easy man, real easy,” according to the affidavit. In another incident, the suspect allegedly threatened Pattis, telling him he’d go to his office.
According to cops, Davenport got mad at how this defense played out, and he went over the line. Pattis and Smith said they got numerous phone calls from the defendant dating back to last Sept. 5, cops said. Oct. 15 was allegedly a busy night. Pattis got calls at 8:19 p.m., 8:21 p.m, 8:24 p.m, 8:30 p.m, 8:33 p.m, 8:36 p.m, and 8:45 p.m, according to the affidavit. Davenport allegedly called Smith at 8:39 p.m, 8:43 p.m, and 8:48 p.m, investigators said.

Adam-Davenport-via-New-Haven-Police-Department.jpg

‘Better Watch Your Back’: Man Allegedly Harassed Fotis Dulos Attorneys in ‘Over 30 Calls’
I guess these guys have never heard of “Call Block”? @@

Adam Davenport, 31, has been charged for allegedly harassing lawyers Norm Pattis and Kevin Smith, attorneys for late murder defendant Fotis Dulos. Davenport is accused of making “over 30 phone calls” from two phone numbers, and going as far as to threaten the attorneys.

Both attorneys said they’ve gotten threats before, but they took this seriously when the caller–who they did not know–said on Oct. 15 that “Smith is not safe” and “it’s gonna be real easy man, real easy,” according to the affidavit. In another incident, the suspect allegedly threatened Pattis, telling him he’d go to his office.

Adam-Davenport-via-New-Haven-Police-Department.jpg

‘Better Watch Your Back’: Man Allegedly Harassed Fotis Dulos Attorneys in ‘Over 30 Calls’
I guess these guys have never heard of “Call Block”? @@

I hate asking questions that have already been discussed but read here a bit ago about MT having a fender bender in the NC and also possibly stalking JFD home there... am I remembering this correctly? Does anyone have a link or suggestion as to where I can read more about this?
That's not exactly what happened. I believe it is all detailed in AW3.

MT got in an accident in FD's Suburban around 5/18. This accident left specific damage on the front bumper.

A Suburban with what appeared to be similar damage was seen a street over from JFD's on an unspecified date.

If they weren't pretty sure it's the same car, they wouldn't have mentioned it, but they make sure to point out they couldn't see the license plate (iirc). They don't give a date, but it can be inferred that it was some time between the accident and JFD's disappearance. They also don't mention who they believe to be driving it.

Replying to myself here to figure out if anyone found a copy of the earlier documents filed in Probate Court where the Administrator was appointed?

The legal issues with this probate are way above my pay grade but I'm struggling to see how this all moves forward without JFd not being declared dead as the 2 were legally still married at the time of Fd suicide/death. Has a will for JFd been filed anyplace in CT Probate?

Baffled how the Greek Family even enters the picture here given the presence of 5 living children? Will a separate action have to be entered in the Court on behalf of the living descendants of Fd to protect the children's interests in their parent's estate?

Seems wacky that the issue of the marital estate remains unresolved and we see Rena Dulos zooming in to Probate Court like its the early days of the Gold Rush?

What is interesting though is I would have thought that if Fd had additional wealth or IF the Greek Benefactor existed that he would have used these assets to secure his bond and remain out of prison.

Instead, we see Fd and Anna Curry perpetrating a fraud to get the bond and Fd choosing the gas himself to death rather than returning to prison.

It will be interesting to see how the creditors stack up here as well as its clear that the properties we are aware of weren't sufficient to secure a bond given existing liens.

I wish the reporters would put out the documents so that this issue can be followed as its important I think in order to understand the last days of Fd.

MOO
For me, this whole case has become overwhelming. Every day there’s a new twist and it just seems like everything is being stalled rather than being solved. I don’t know, maybe this is exactly what NP wants to happen, interference.
I am trying to keep up with this ever changing, but not going anywhere case, but I have to admit, it’s giving me a damned head ache! I so admire those of you who can keep it all straight and keep digging. I’ll do my best to hang in there.

I'm glad you're hypothetical question is rhetorical since it's not remotely the same as what's being discussed here.

Whether or not MT committed crimes outside of Hartford county is absolutely relevant in regards to where her case is tried. Her lawyer's preparation (or lack thereof) does not change the fact that a case is generally tried in the jurisdiction in which the crime occurred.

You don't have to like it, but the evidence currently available seems to support the case being tried where the crimes took place (Hartford county). If the State presents evidence otherwise, then the motion is denied and everyone moves on.

Absolutely disagree with the conclusion presented by Atty S, along with your conclusion about Hartford County, as absent any further information to the contrary, I believe LE clearly has stated that the location of the primary crime scene is identified in AW1-3 for both Fd and MT as being 69/71 Welles in New Canaan, CT (County of Fairfield which would be served by the Stamford Courts). Every AW clearly states 69/71 Welles, New Canaan, CT. Every AW does not state any address in Hartford County as being a primary crime scene.

Evidence and criminals move and so to say that a trial has to move to where the evidence happened to end up is something that I don't believe Atty S argued convincingly in the motion he hastily provided to Court in advance to having any file in his possession. I will review his cites in greater detail today but my initial quick read was that the motion was hastily prepared and only loosely researched. I look forward to reading Atty Colangelo's response and the ruling of the Judge and will defer to the decision of the Judge.

LE mentioned 80MS as a possible secondary crime scene but didn't commit to this fact completely in AW3 I believe. The information presented about MT in AW1-3 is by no means complete so we will most likely have to wait for further information from Atty Colangelo. So, to lock into a location for a possible change in venue based on incomplete information simply seems premature and irresponsible to say nothing of being IMO absolutely incorrect. We will have to wait for guidance from LE and Atty Colangelo.

My suspicion is that this change of venue ploy by Atty S. was also to flush out some of the State's evidence at to MT alibi with more specificity than has been presented by the State to date. Arguing this point to move to Hartford County such as we see here from Atty S with insufficient information also makes little sense and is frankly a waste of the Courts time but seems consistent with how this new attorney wants to proceed on behalf of his client who has been accused of Conspiracy to Commit Murder of JFd and other very serious crimes.

There has never been any indication that any location in Hartford County represented a clearly defined secondary crime scene by LE or Atty Colangelo. Even with such a site being more clearly identified as a secondary scene down the line I'm not sure it makes all that much difference given the location of the primary crime scene as being in Fairfield County, CT.

MOO

I hate asking questions that have already been discussed but read here a bit ago about MT having a fender bender in the NC and also possibly stalking JFD home there... am I remembering this correctly? Does anyone have a link or suggestion as to where I can read more about this?
MT had a fender bender in Tolland CT shortly before JFd disappearance. Do not have link but the accident was discussed in a prior thread as the bumper damage ‘matched’ that on a vehicle seen near JFds home around the date of the crime per AWs

There is something rotten in the state of CT!

This is fascinating. Mr. Bowman never mentioned any wishing to interview him re MT.
BBM Amen! Just like Anthony Todt who committed Medicaid fraud for years in his clinic in CT. He was found out and not arrested!!! It festered in him to the point of killing his wife and 3 children in Florida! He didn't want the shame of it in front of them. He was still practicing through November of last year and living in a 5K a month home in Fl. Is it because he and Fotis were up and up and had money? Things need to change there. There is something called LAWS.

Quote from Thread #36 Jan 8 #1077 from @LittleBitty post with followup comment from @acutename: "Ok here is another thing that we’ve discussed on this forum in various threads but how did FD know JD would be there on the morning of the 24th? That it would be her and not LA he was ambushing in JDs garage that morning?
According to LA (the nanny) in AW3 she told LE that JD ALMOST changed her mind on 5/23 and was going to head to NY that evening and had asked LA if she could spend the night at JD house and take the kiddos to school on 5/24. That way JD could already be in NY on the morning of the 24th for her appointments in the city having spent the night in NY. But LA said she changed her mind and LA didn’t end up spending the night at JD house and instead JD took the kids to school on the morning of the 24th.
Was JD just really unlucky? Was it a coincidence that onthat day FD was able to get her at the precise moment she came home from dropping the kids off?
Was he tracking her somehow? did he know her plans?
Would he have known if she had gone to NY on the evening of the 23rd? Or would it have been LA he mistakenly ambushed?
This bothers me a lot."

The precise timing of the attack bothers me a lot too.

I think one of the kids did either get sick or change his or her mind about going to NYC with the other children. I read somewhere that one of the kids was staying with a friend and was not in NYC at GF's apartment the night of May 24. When I find the source, I will post it. It was not clear who or when the child was brought to NYC to join GF and siblings. But yes, something happened that caused one of the children to be separated from the others. IMO, a communication, perhaps through MT or her daughter, confirmed location and timing on the AM of May 24. That communication would be easy to intercept from either cellphone (sender or recipient of message) and would have been held back by LE for obvious reasons. Such a detail would break the case open, would be damning enough to convict MT for conspiracy, prove premeditation and, worst of all, deliberate use of an innocent child to obtain information. Fd did not say goodbye to his children in his suicide letter individually. Guilt perhaps? MOO.
Interesting points. IMO, FD killed himself because he was guilty and knew he’d be found guilty. Regarding his children however, he felt only shame. (there is a difference)
IMO

I’m not sure it can be said that, even though the murder happened in New Canaan, the conspiracy is limited to Farmington, though. We know where the murder happened, and the conspiracy is tied to it. Not sure why it would be tried in Hartford. Is there a precedent for this that can be examined?
Good question. None of our resident lawyers have swung by recently.

The tampering/hindering charges all appear to have happened in Hartford county. All actions taken by MT in regards to conspiracy that we know of seem to have been in Hartford county.

The crime is still a crime, regardless of the murder. If the murder didn't take place, but they still conspired to murder JFD, where was the crime? I think this is the crux of the argument.

For me, this whole case has become overwhelming. Every day there’s a new twist and it just seems like everything is being stalled rather than being solved. I don’t know, maybe this is exactly what NP wants to happen, interference.
I am trying to keep up with this ever changing, but not going anywhere case, but I have to admit, it’s giving me a damned head ache! I so admire those of you who can keep it all straight and keep digging. I’ll do my best to hang in there.
@MollyDDD, I feel your pain on the details and ever evolving saga.

The thing though is that attorneys such as Atty S and Pattisville seek to increase confusion levels to deter folks from understanding and to create reasonable doubt. It's IMO part of their game and when these games start to be as clear and obvious as its become here to the public and discussed on WS, IMO its time to wake up and double down and realise that paying even greater attention to what is going on will be required!

IMO justice in this tragic case will be a very hard fought, time consuming and possibly detail oriented battle and Atty Colangelo has shown that he is doing all of these things in order to seek justice. The overall story of what happened to JFd is simple, the players have been arrested and now we have someone like a MT and her new atty fighting on her behalf to keep her out of prison for a good portion of the remainder of her life. So, expect messy and expect dirty IMO and expect confusion and introduction of extraneous information designed to create reasonable doubt.

Even though I'm somewhat bored with the discussion of it, I do think the MT translation fiasco might have been originally introduced by the ill prepared Atty S to first get her disastrous interviews tossed from evidence but also to possibly introduce the idea of reasonable doubt of this defendant who he was trying to portray as a weak and non comprehending Spanish speaking female as possibly being pushed to her limits of comprehension of the english language by LE using 4th grade English in their interrogations (all while being supervised by her excellent attorney Bowman no less!). Atty S IMO did this knowing little to nothing about the character of his client as she has demonstrated herself to be one tough streetwise spear fishing, hard partying and playing Fd playmate for years, the person who was 'not cleaning Jennifer' and the longstanding partner in crime to Fd who needed no verbal instructions on how to deal with the keys to EE truck.

Hang in there!

MOO

Good question. None of our resident lawyers have swung by recently.

The tampering/hindering charges all appear to have happened in Hartford county. All actions taken by MT in regards to conspiracy that we know of seem to have been in Hartford county.

The crime is still a crime, regardless of the murder. If the murder didn't take place, but they still conspired to murder JFD, where was the crime? I think this is the crux of the argument.

But those other crimes were all related and associated with the one that happened in New Canaan. I don’t think the trial would be moved to Hartford. But I am not sure it matters if they do move it; I am not convinced that JS is so well connected up there that it could be an advantage for MT. I doubt that his connections, or those of KM will be any kind of advantage to either MT or KM.

That's not exactly what happened. I believe it is all detailed in AW3.

MT got in an accident in FD's Suburban around 5/18. This accident left specific damage on the front bumper.

A Suburban with what appeared to be similar damage was seen a street over from JFD's on an unspecified date.

If they weren't pretty sure it's the same car, they wouldn't have mentioned it, but they make sure to point out they couldn't see the license plate (iirc). They don't give a date, but it can be inferred that it was some time between the accident and JFD's disappearance. They also don't mention who they believe to be driving it.
Thank you so much. I totally missed that in the AW and will go back to it. Seems like there’s definately some significance to this.

Absolutely disagree with the conclusion presented by Atty S, along with your conclusion about Hartford County, as absent any further information to the contrary, I believe LE clearly has stated that the location of the primary crime scene is identified in AW1-3 for both Fd and MT as being 69/71 Welles in New Canaan, CT (County of Fairfield which would be served by the Stamford Courts). Every AW clearly states 69/71 Welles, New Canaan, CT. Every AW does not state any address in Hartford County as being a primary crime scene.

Evidence and criminals move and so to say that a trial has to move to where the evidence happened to end up is something that I don't believe Atty S argued convincingly in the motion he hastily provided to Court in advance to having any file in his possession. I will review his cites in greater detail today but my initial quick read was that the motion was hastily prepared and only loosely researched. I look forward to reading Atty Colangelo's response and the ruling of the Judge and will defer to the decision of the Judge.

LE mentioned 80MS as a possible secondary crime scene but didn't commit to this fact completely in AW3 I believe. The information presented about MT in AW1-3 is by no means complete so we will most likely have to wait for further information from Atty Colangelo. So, to lock into a location for a possible change in venue based on incomplete information simply seems premature and irresponsible to say nothing of being IMO absolutely incorrect. We will have to wait for guidance from LE and Atty Colangelo.

My suspicion is that this change of venue ploy by Atty S. was also to flush out some of the State's evidence at to MT alibi with more specificity than has been presented by the State to date. Arguing this point to move to Hartford County such as we see here from Atty S with insufficient information also makes little sense and is frankly a waste of the Courts time but seems consistent with how this new attorney wants to proceed on behalf of his client who has been accused of Conspiracy to Commit Murder of JFd and other very serious crimes.

There has never been any indication that any location in Hartford County represented a clearly defined secondary crime scene by LE or Atty Colangelo. Even with such a site being more clearly identified as a secondary scene down the line I'm not sure it makes all that much difference given the location of the primary crime scene as being in Fairfield County, CT.

MOO
We will have to wait and see how this is argued by all parties since we clearly disagree on the definitions of "where" the crime was committed. The murder (primary crime scene for the murder charge) was in NC; that isn't debatable. MT isn't charged with the murder though; she is charged with conspiracy to commit murder. While it carries the same sentencing in CT, it isn't the same crime. Based on the information we have, there is no proof that she acted outside of Hartford County.

Again, if LE has evidence that she took actions related to her conspiracy charge outside of Hartford county, they will present them, the motion will be denied, and that will be the end of that. Until then, we only have what was in the AWs and SWs, neither of which show MT as having tampered, hindered, or conspired outside of Hartford County.

Guilt IMO can be a powerful motivator to personal change for some folks. Perhaps this guilt motivated some of the Judge Heller suggestions on rule changes today? IDK, personally I just wish Judge Heller had done the citizens of the sad State of CT and the Family Court system a HUGE favor and simply resigned from the Bench. Going back to corporate litigation in the private sector IMO would do all the children and parents that pass through her Court one big favor IMO. IMO Judge Heller did nothing to safeguard the interests and emotional well being of the 5 Dulos children and no words for her absolute inability to understand the DV issues surrounding JFd and the impact of it on the divorce case.

Did Judge Heller feel any degree of guilt for any of the various and IMO many administrative issues that plagued the Dulos divorce case where Judge Heller chose to exert no control? IMO highly doubtful.

The infamous psych report was just one particularly horrific example of what I believe to be weak management from the bench. GAL Meehan, for whom I am not sure words exist within TOS to adequately describe, was well within the control of Judge Heller and time and time again Judge Heller did nothing to remove, reprimand or punish GAL Meehan who clearly stepped over the line in providing early preview access to Fd Atty of the infamous psych report.

The idea that Judge Heller did zero IMO to protect the confidential report from the Public and allowed Atty Pattis to resign via behind closed door meeting told me more than I ever want to know about Judge Heller and her willingness to protect the confidential information that is shared in her courtroom. Why didn't Judge Heller terminate Herman when his report was late? Why didn't Judge Heller order the report sealed and/or set guidelines for the dissemination of the report UPFRONT? Frankly in reading the file, it is seen that over and over that Judge Heller was simply a passive passenger in her own Courtroom and the train was being driven over and around her by GAL Meehan and attorneys who appeared unrestrained by any level of discipline from the bench. IMO it was about as pathetic a showing from a Judge as I've seen in many years and the results sadly speak for themselves, 5 children with no parents!

There are many reasons I believe Judge Heller should not be part of the Family Court system but I think the principal one is that I believe she did next to zero to safeguard the 5 Dulos children and their interests and I think Judge Heller did less than zero to safeguard Jennifer Farber Dulos who over and over made very clear testimony to the Court about her views about Fotis Dulos.

Judge Heller seemed frozen and unsure what to do when JFd was first declared missing. This would be ok for a few days, but to see absolutely ZERO done by Judge Heller to safeguard the marital assets in a divorce case in her courtroom for a missing person was something that I don't think I will ever forget. IMO if Judge Heller were to do something in terms of legislative reform it would be to figure out how the protect the marital assets if one of the parties to a divorce goes missing! Fd I am sure ransacked the marital assets and no doubt used them to pay his many attorneys. Did Judge Heller do anything to stop this from happening? NO, IMO she did not. Judge Heller simply proved how easy it is for Judges in CT to turn a blind eye when one spouse allegedly kills another spouse and then spits in the eye of the State (and the Judge) by then taking marital assets to which they are not entitled. Judge Heller did nothing to protect the marital assets of JFd and for this reason (amongst many many others) I believe she has no place on the bench in CT in ANY court!

I also question whether Judge Heller had adequate training in high conflict cases and had the necessary skill set for handling the case. Why was the Dulos case not moved to a Judge trained to deal with the issues when it was clear that the case was beyond the skillset of Judge Heller? IDK. The inability to get to any resolution on the Fd financial issues over a 2 year period to me showed over and over a weak Judge that was in over their head and was unwilling to impose consequences of any kind for non compliance. It doesn't seem that the Dulos case should have been handled by an inexperienced Judge with perhaps limited understanding or training in DV. The process of dealing with the psychologist for the older children and the referral to CPS was another tragedy of Judge Heller mismanagement IMO. Why did a senior Judge not step in to take charge of a badly deteriorating situation in Family Court? IDK but I do know that the Dulos children were worse off due to the presence of Judge Heller and JFd lost her life in part due to a divorce action that was absolutely out of control due to mismanagement by Judge Heller IMO.

I do know that JFd and the 5 Dulos children deserved better than Judge Heller, a lot better and its pathetic to think that the State of CT today let her renewal 'sail through' with no questions.

IDK if a file review of Judge Heller's cases over a long period of time has been undertaken by a higher authority in the Judiciary but I have to say that IMO it might be a worthwhile exercise such that other Judges don't repeat the many errors and omissions and IMO poor management practices of Judge Heller. GAL reform in CT is another topic and it played a key role in the Dulos case as well. But again and again, Judge Heller did nothing to deal with the situation with GAL Meehan who IMO is someone who should NOT be permitted to be a GAL in CT Family Court based on his many ethical shortcomings in the Dulos case.

It was a bad day today IMO for the CT Courts that Judge Heller's ap
No one has been punished for the leak of a HIPAA protected medical report. Judge Heller still doesn't act to this very day. The judge must be held accountable for her actions / non-action. Judge Heller failed to punish GAL Meehan for leaking the report. Even MT has the right to privacy regarding her drug tests. And MT is charged with conspiracy to commit murder. Maintaining the status quo is not acceptable regarding Judge Heller. "Not my fault, this is a terrible tragedy that was unpreventable" doesn't cut it when a confidential psych report was leaked to the press and no one was held accountable. Heller must go. MOO.

But those other crimes were all related and associated with the one that happened in New Canaan. I don’t think the trial would be moved to Hartford. But I am not sure it matters if they do move it; I am not convinced that JS is so well connected up there that it could be an advantage for MT. I doubt that his connections, or those of KM will be any kind of advantage to either MT or KM.
I don't think it will matter if they move it either. The jury pool will stay the same regardless. CT just isn't big enough for it to truly matter.

Ok, I'm trying to wrap my head around this. Divorce case is dropped. Charges against FD in murder of his wife are dropped. Is this as if both parents had died together in a car accident, who would be the beneficiary? Did FD die intestate? Do the Dulos kids inherent all? Does FD sister have a right to What remains of FD assets? Does GF really have to now fight FD sister for what rightfully belong to GF and her grandchildren?
Kids get everything. Siblings have no claim when there’s no will if the deceased had children. FD had five so Rena gets nothing. FD died intestate— NP claimed—so his estate will be divided between JFd and the kids. JFds portion would need to go to a trust until God rest her soul JFd is legally declared dead ; then, her portion will go to her kids too. MOO

MT had a fender bender in Tolland CT shortly before JFd disappearance. Do not have link but the accident was discussed in a prior thread as the bumper damage ‘matched’ that on a vehicle seen near JFds home around the date of the crime per AWs

Yes the mere mention of FD's Suburban seen
behind Welles in the AW has me wondering if this will be explained more in the future.
As we've seen in the past when something is
just dropped into the AW it eventually plays
an important part in the investigation.

Let's just say LE knows MT was driving that Suburban near Welles on 5/24 and has further
evidence to show that MT helped with the garage clean-up. Wouldn't this clearly show
she tampered with evidence by mopping up blood in NC? We know she helped throw out
bags on Albany and helped clean up the truck on MS.
I wonder if LE doesn't have much more on MT than we've seen. And maybe she did commit
tampering in NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member