Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to X-ray the couches, chairs for hidden things. Not kidding. My mom ordered a white leather couch and underneath was a zipper compartment. Even the furniture store had no idea what it was for except to put valuables. (The couch paperwork was attached to the outside of the arm).
I have a headboard with a zippered compartment in the back —- what the heck!

Seven attorneys haggling over the estate of Fotis Dulos attended a probate court hearing uesday in search of what the accused killer left behind, including his motorcycle, a crepe maker and the $194,000 left in a Fidelity account.
After about 30 minutes, about all that appeared to be settled was the fate of Dulos’ 16-year-old cat, Madonna, who was rescued from his Jefferson Crossing home last weekend and may end up with Anna Curry — the woman who paid $147,000 to post a bond for Dulos weeks before he tried to kill himself.
Farmington Probate Judge Evelyn Daly will have to sort out the rest. And it could take some time.

Attorney Christopher J. Hug, the temporary administrator of the Dulos estate, said he needs to do an inventory of all the personal property in the home, as well as review Dulos’ financial accounts and also determine the status of properties and houses owned by the Fore Group Inc., Dulos’ luxury home building company. Several of the homes, including his home at 4 Jefferson Crossing, are currently in foreclosure. Hug said so far he has found a bank account with about $14,000 in it and a Fidelity account, which is likely an IRA not subject to probate, with about $194,000.
Hug said he has already received claims for some of the personal property in the house from Curry, Rena Kyrimi, Dulos’ sister, and Michelle Troconis — his former girlfriend who lived with him in Farmington for nearly two years before she was arrested in connection with the May 24 disappearance of Dulos’ estranged wife, Jennifer Farber Dulos. Troconis is currently free on a combined $2.1 million in bonds...
“The family wants closure. I suspect that the [medical examiner’s] office awaits blood tests," Dulos’ attorney, Norm Pattis, said. "I certainly hope that there is no real suspicion of foul play by a third party.”

Pattis and his law partner, Kevin Smith, have filed their own petition to be administrators of Dulos’ estate but for now, Daly said she will keep Hug as the temporary administrator. She asked Hug to try and submit an inventory of the estate within 30 days.
“You have quite a bit of work ahead of you,” Daly said to Hug.
The judge said she plans to vigilantly oversee the distribution of the Dulos estate.

“There will be no property sold or moved from the home,” Daly said.

Among the attorneys present Tuesday was Jon L. Schoenhorn, Tronconis’ new defense attorney. Schoenhorn filed a motion to intervene solely to protect some of her property that was left behind when Troconis moved out.

He filed a two-page inventory of those items which include a Honda motorcycle, several pairs of skis that he said belong to her and her daughter, some furniture, a crepe maker and two “artistic pictures of myself.;)

The state is expected to ask a judge to dismiss the criminal charges against Dulos on March 3. Pattis has talked about arguing to substitute the estate as the defendant so that the murder trial can continue and evidence can be heard.

Smith provided the court with a copy of the preliminary death certificate.

Dulos was cremated following his death. The death certificate doesn’t indicate where he will be buried but sources have said his remains will be shipped back to Greece and there will be a seaside memorial ceremony before his ashes are thrown into the sea.

The fight over Fotis Dulos’ assets - from his cat to his bank accounts - heads to probate court

BBM.
There are no words.
This coming from a woman who has been charged with conspiracy to commit murder.
And I can't help but ask if the 17 year old cat Madonna is black?
If only she could speak.
MOO.

And 2 plastic spoons!

Maybe she's laying the groundwork for some other claim, that she supplied all of the basic daily living needs in the house and thus has a stake in the estate writ larger. From the looks of it perhaps RK was taking the bed because that's the only thing FD owned in the house? I mean MT is claiming that all the rugs (of course!) sofa, furniture in the living room, etc is hers, not to mention the basic kitchen items.

It would be interesting to compare some of the older real estate photos of that, any previous house, for what was inside the rooms.

The GAL/Supervisor is REQUIRED to be With Fd at ALL Times when the children are present.

Therefore, Fd would have been REQUIRED to drive a vehicle large enough to include the five children and at least 1 Supervisor.

That makes 7-8 people, therefore Fd would have Definitely been in his Suburban.

IMO, Fd did come to NC Early for visitation because he was Scoping out the area, including Thurton.

Fd arrived at 69/71WL 30 minutes Early.

If he were hanging out at Thurton to waste time until visitation, would he not have waited a little longer since he was Mandated to Not be on the 69/71WL property Without the GAL/Supervisor? It was in court documents that the Supervisor Must arrive FIRST and Fd was a whole 30 minutes Early.

Edited to Add:
Regardless of Where Fd was taking the children, the fact remains that it was Court Ordered that his Visitation was Not at 69/71WL. Therefore, he would have been Required to use a vehicle large enough for 7-8 people to take them anywhere in Fairfield County, Every Wednesday.

IMO.
upload_2020-2-11_19-32-34.png
This seems to imply that FD left the property after arriving 30 minutes early. He "gained Jennifer's permission to return". I was suggesting that FD may have gone to Thurton to wait until 4:30. He was turned away at 4:00. But maybe he was Thurton before 4PM also. Will be very interesting perhaps when the Suburban was actually there.

IMO, He could have done a better job expressing his love for his children in his suicide note. But... he didn’t.

As the children get older, I feel they may have many problems dealing with all that has happened to them in nine months.

Their father’s suicide note is so cold and sounds like they were afterthoughts in his note. No true affection for them to reflect back on. IMO. While on the other hand, he could mention actual names for other people in his life. IMO, this factor will carry great weight on each of them.

So:

If Jennifer is the 'surviving' spouse, as Rena claims, how can Rena claim to have any part of the estate?
She is not any part of the estate. She's emotional & seems incapable of stepping away from the mess that her brother created. She's not any part of the estate and she needs to settle down.

As the children get older, I feel they may have many problems dealing with all that has happened to them in nine months.

Their father’s suicide note is so cold and sounds like they were afterthoughts in his note. No true affection for them to reflect back on. IMO. While on the other hand, he could mention actual names for other people in his life. IMO, this factor will carry great weight on each of them.

Too painful to think about the children.
But it sounds as though they may have a had a chance to see and say good-bye to their father.
One would think their grandmother, who has lovingly cared for them, decided this was the right thing to do.
What a tough decision to make. I am certain she consulted with counselors involved with the children before she made her decision.
And, it sounds like Auntie Rena was kept out of the room.
Good call IMO.

Agree. They may & I'm thinking will certainly have difficult childhood memories, insurmountable. The beauty of Jennifer's family, is with Hilly & G is grace and beauty, as was Jennifer. G is taking such good care of them (Hilly has passed). Sadly, without their mother, but thankfully, without their father's unkindness & lack of care or concern for them or their beautiful mother. They will survive this. I truly believe this.

I agree. He loaded up before he got in that car to ensure he wouldn't exit when he began to have trouble breathing. He wanted to be numb to all of it.
Just speculating and JMO.
He may have made some stupid, cruel and deadly mistakes. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he may have looked into how to die with as little pain as possible and leave a good-looking corpse. If homeboy couldn't face prison, no doubt he couldn't face physical pain--or the chance of surviving as less than the "man" he was. No problem with causing Jennifer any type of pain, though. MOO

He wouldn't have taken a truck in any case because he told MT he was going to Grace Farm. He knew he wasn't going there but had to keep up the charade with MT who did not like him going to JD house.
Jealous MT's attention is laser focused on making sure AC doesn't get a chipped set of 12 dishes that FD broke on the Greek Easter celebration in which MT was reigning queen of 4JX. Look, I'm his ski, motorcycle, high risk activity soulmate! Fd was keeping grandma's silverware for me! Fd couldn't bear to CL my skis! In MT's mind: Absolute Proof that Fd wanted MT back after he was done soaking AC's bank account! Weirdly, the fact that Fd is dead doesn't diminish the fight over him for MT. Sad about Fd's death? Not so much. Awake (no meds) and energized by the fact that AC can't have him, even if he is dead, that is the vibe I'm getting from the most recent hearing. MT never got the proper therapeutic treatment for all the medical knowledge in her family. The stalling with LE was delusional. Attorney Bowman couldn't save her because she doesn't care about being saved. Reality is too scary. See what happened when Fd got a glimpse of reality...no bueno...Can't stop believin'..lalala...MOO.

@rjay, As a clarification, my inference was speculative and attempting to connect the dots on the presence of a possible full or partial footprint in the Welles garage in New Canaan and the Converse sneakers detailed in the AW.

Apologies for any confusion.

MOO
Ok, yes, that makes sense now! I thought maybe I missed something.

True, I just wonder if they’ll reveal if he had drugs or alcohol in his system too.
@MollyDDD, thanks for another brilliant avatar that brings a smile on a day when people surrounding Fd were willing to spend $500/hr+ for attorneys so that they can make a grab on the used contents of 4Jx!

By rough count today we had Pattisville/Smith, Atty Dranginis, Dogbite and possibly Atty Weinstein or a rep and then the Temporary Administrator. Who knows who else might have been at the hearing?

Best news of the day was that the 16 yo. cat named "Madonna" previously owned by Mama Dulos was captured and will be adopted.

No Comprende indeed!

MOO

MOO, the lawyers can squabble and fight all they want over a white sofa and a gray one, and an iron? I seriously doubt GF wants anything from the house that is not directly tied to the children or Jennifer. They are the epitome of a dysfunctional family after someone dies. The sooner the used mattress and sofas get dispersed, the sooner GF can move on. I am 71 and can't imagine trying to care for 5 young children. She is a saint, in MOO.

Seven attorneys haggling over the estate of Fotis Dulos attended a probate court hearing uesday in search of what the accused killer left behind, including his motorcycle, a crepe maker and the $194,000 left in a Fidelity account.
After about 30 minutes, about all that appeared to be settled was the fate of Dulos’ 16-year-old cat, Madonna, who was rescued from his Jefferson Crossing home last weekend and may end up with Anna Curry — the woman who paid $147,000 to post a bond for Dulos weeks before he tried to kill himself.
Farmington Probate Judge Evelyn Daly will have to sort out the rest. And it could take some time.

Attorney Christopher J. Hug, the temporary administrator of the Dulos estate, said he needs to do an inventory of all the personal property in the home, as well as review Dulos’ financial accounts and also determine the status of properties and houses owned by the Fore Group Inc., Dulos’ luxury home building company. Several of the homes, including his home at 4 Jefferson Crossing, are currently in foreclosure. Hug said so far he has found a bank account with about $14,000 in it and a Fidelity account, which is likely an IRA not subject to probate, with about $194,000.
Hug said he has already received claims for some of the personal property in the house from Curry, Rena Kyrimi, Dulos’ sister, and Michelle Troconis — his former girlfriend who lived with him in Farmington for nearly two years before she was arrested in connection with the May 24 disappearance of Dulos’ estranged wife, Jennifer Farber Dulos. Troconis is currently free on a combined $2.1 million in bonds...
“The family wants closure. I suspect that the [medical examiner’s] office awaits blood tests," Dulos’ attorney, Norm Pattis, said. "I certainly hope that there is no real suspicion of foul play by a third party.”

Pattis and his law partner, Kevin Smith, have filed their own petition to be administrators of Dulos’ estate but for now, Daly said she will keep Hug as the temporary administrator. She asked Hug to try and submit an inventory of the estate within 30 days.
“You have quite a bit of work ahead of you,” Daly said to Hug.
The judge said she plans to vigilantly oversee the distribution of the Dulos estate.

“There will be no property sold or moved from the home,” Daly said.

Among the attorneys present Tuesday was Jon L. Schoenhorn, Tronconis’ new defense attorney. Schoenhorn filed a motion to intervene solely to protect some of her property that was left behind when Troconis moved out.

He filed a two-page inventory of those items which include a Honda motorcycle, several pairs of skis that he said belong to her and her daughter, some furniture, a crepe maker and two “artistic pictures of myself.” ;)

The state is expected to ask a judge to dismiss the criminal charges against Dulos on March 3. Pattis has talked about arguing to substitute the estate as the defendant so that the murder trial can continue and evidence can be heard.

Smith provided the court with a copy of the preliminary death certificate.

Dulos was cremated following his death. The death certificate doesn’t indicate where he will be buried but sources have said his remains will be shipped back to Greece and there will be a seaside memorial ceremony before his ashes are thrown into the sea.

The fight over Fotis Dulos’ assets - from his cat to his bank accounts - heads to probate court

BBM.
I can't help but ask.
Is Madonna a black cat?
MOO.

I've been pondering NP's continued interest in all this. I certainly get that even the most heinous murderous criminals should be afforded a vigorous and indeed the best defense within our system in order for justice to be served. For me, it comes down to this question. Why does NP persist in carrying on the charade of defending his deceased client within the court of public opinion even after his client so abruptly decided to deny him the opportunity to defend him in actual court - the one that really matters?

I suspect that NP's real and limited skills lie in what we've witnessed on display in the media all along. In the event of having to actually go to trial, it would have become increasingly apparent that his woeful bag of tricks were never up to the task of getting an acquittal or anything close. Deep down, I think he knows that as well. So, he milks it for all it's worth. IMO

With you on this about the 'limited skills' of Pattisville! IMO those same 'limited skills' eventually had Fd waking up to the fact that the gig was up, he was heading back to jail and would be in prison for the rest of his life and so he then gassed himself.

BUT, IMO the comments today from Atty Smith about potential for ongoing litigation on behalf of Fd/Fd estate was something I found quite disturbing to say nothing of professionally irresponsible IMO. To have the Atty Smith comments come on the heels of the ongoing victim shaming and blaming the death of Fd on the US system and the Farber Family in particular made it IMO all the more worse.

I kept trying to figure out where I'd seen the story line of keeping a dead person alive and going for personal gain and in doing a bit of digging in my foggy brain I remembered the now classic, "Weekend At Bernies". I do very much believe that Pattis and Smith are pulling a "Weekend at Bernies" with Fd and simply exploiting the grief and ongoing delusion of the Greek Family to line their pockets. I don't believe at gave a rat's [REDACTED] about Fd but he did have in his mind what he wanted to get out of the representation in terms of cash and/or notoriety and my guess is that 'ole Atty. P. simply feels shortchanged and betrayed by the Fd suicide death via gassing in the garage of 4Jx.

What better way to keep the charade and farce going than to simply do an ongoing, "Weekend At Bernies" IMO. Watch the clip, I'd forgotten how funny it was and I do think its relevant because its exactly what Pattis and Smith are going to do and if they can extract $$$ out of it I do wonder what their profit sharing agreement with The Greek Family Might be? Love to see that retainer agreement!

Enjoy:

MOO

MOO, the lawyers can squabble and fight all they want over a white sofa and a gray one, and an iron? I seriously doubt GF wants anything from the house that is not directly tied to the children or Jennifer. They are the epitome of a dysfunctional family after someone dies. The sooner the used mattress and sofas get dispersed, the sooner GF can move on. I am 71 and can't imagine trying to care for 5 young children. She is a saint, in MOO.
I'm quite certain, GF isn't at all concerned with the "weeds" if you will. She's amazing taking care of her beautiful grandchildren & doing it well. No time for white noise.

So:

If Jennifer is the 'surviving' spouse, as Rena claims, how can Rena claim to have any part of the estate?
Exactly.

Denial is a powerful tool and its fuelled IMO by sharing oxygen and time with Atty. P. as we saw today that Rena put in her request for 'stuff' from 4Jx.

Its how the Grifters roll...and roll....and roll.....

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members