Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schoenhorn is no stranger to the news media. But he says this case has drawn intense interest, prompting late-night media calls, including a request for a midnight interview.
A former Connecticut newspaper reporter, Schoenhorn’s 38-year law practice has included a slew of recognizable names. For instance, he represented James “Bo” Gritz, a former Green Beret lieutenant colonel who was the inspiration for the movie “Rambo.” The attorney defended Gritz, who’d been charged with attempted kidnapping in Suffield in the 1990s.
The Jon. L. Schoenhorn & Associates principal and former president of the Criminal Defense Lawyers Association has represented murder suspects, plaintiffs in constitutional law issues and challenged youth-curfew laws.
Her lawyer suggested Troconis has become a scapegoat after the death of the prosecutors’ prime suspect.
“Michelle was a bit player,” Schoenhorn said Monday. “But now that the big fish is gone, they are turning to who is left to justify millions of [taxpayers'] dollars in … investigation.”
Influx of requests
Schoenhorn said he knows how to handle the media, having worked two stints with the Republican-American newspaper. This time, though, he concedes the media has inundated him with requests.
“There has been a lot of hounding,” Schoenhorn said. “I’ve been asked to appear on every network news outlets magazine show and their prime-time shows. I’m not shy by any means, but those requests are not appropriate at this time.”
While Schoenhorn has spoken to some local media outlets, he said he doesn’t plan on doing an all-out media blitz until he has more facts about the case.
“It’s annoying to get a text at 11:30 p.m. … from a national network asking if I’d do a midnight Skype interview to appear the next day,” he said. “They asked if I’d mind, and I said I would.”
Schoenhorn, 65, said he can do without the “snarky tweets by some in the media, especially the New York media.”
“I believe in communicating facts, but I want the public to know what is happening, to know the truth, and to distinguish between fact, speculation and fiction,” he said,

Meanwhile, Schoenhorn said he was never given the police interviews with his client, despite assurances he’d get them. When he does get those interviews, Schoenhorn said, he’ll look at the possibility that language barriers could have affected Troconis’ answers to police. Her first language is Spanish.

Chief State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo, who is prosecuting the case, declined to comment because the matter is pending.
The next court date is March 20.
Since the alleged crimes occurred in Hartford and Avon, Schoenhorn said the case should be heard in Hartford and not in Norwalk and Stamford, where it’s currently being heard.
He said, “We will work on getting the case back to where it belongs.”

Hartford Lawyer in Troconis Case Says He's Never Been Hounded Like This Before | Connecticut Law Tribune
Guess he doesn’t know about the gag order yet also...

While Schoenhorn has spoken to some local media outlets, he said he doesn’t plan on doing an all-out media blitz until he has more facts about the case.

Hartford Lawyer in Troconis Case Says He's Never Been Hounded Like This Before | Connecticut Law Tribune

Also, this apparently needs clarification:

I have said and believe that the translator and motion for a change of venue are good defense strategies, because I believe they are.

I also would rather see those issues addressed NOW instead of being reasons for appeal or a mistrial LATER.

We don't have to like defense attorneys, but they are necessary, and I would rather see someone in MT's shoes get adequate counsel and found guilty than have her sentence overthrown on a technicality.

MOO MOO MOO, as always.

Interpeter or translator should come or speak Spanish from the area MT Venezuela home is/was. So defense cannot plead later they had the wrong Spanish dialect translator.

Do you think JS would base an appeal on MT not understanding Miranda, because she didn't have a translator when she first met with Bowman or because she didn't have a translator when she was with police in the backyard?
At this point, I think his strategy is to get her LE interviews thrown out on the basis of "language barrier" (which he alluded to in the article you posted above).

I would rather he try this now than try to use "language barrier" as an excuse later on. No idea how he would argue it, I just want it off the table.

Last edited:
Her lawyer suggested Troconis has become a scapegoat after the death of the prosecutors’ prime suspect.
“Michelle was a bit player,” Schoenhorn said Monday. “But now that the big fish is gone, they are turning to who is left to justify millions of [taxpayers'] dollars in … investigation.”
SBM/BBM.

THIS is an interesting quote. He refers to MT as a "bit player." Not as innocent.

Also, this apparently needs clarification:

I have said and believe that the translator and motion for a change of venue are good defense strategies, because I believe they are.

I also would rather see those issues addressed NOW instead of being reasons for appeal or a mistrial LATER.

We don't have to like defense attorneys, but they are necessary, and I would rather see someone in MT's shoes get adequate counsel and found guilty than have her sentence overthrown on a technicality.

MOO MOO MOO, as always.

Interpeter or translator should come or speak Spanish from the area MT Venezuela home is/was. So defense cannot plead later they had the wrong Spanish dialect translator.
Guess he doesn’t know about the gag order yet also...

I was going to ask about the GAG Order. LE and Prosecution are upholding the order, so is KM and his attorney from what I see....why is MT and new team so special? Why has the Judge not done something about this? Oh, maybe because Schoenhorn does not feel he has to follow the order because he was not acting attorney at the time.

This is some divorce, murder, suicide case. Students will be studying this for years!

At this point, I think his strategy is to get her LE interviews thrown out on the basis of "language barrier" (which he added to in the article you posted above).

I would rather he try this now than try to use "language barrier" as an excuse later on. No idea how he would argue it, I just want it off the table.
I’m thinking there is plenty of proof she had no language barrier. I’ve read here that her social media alone proves she has quite the mastery of the language. I would also think there are plenty of witnesses that can be called to attest to her English skills. Does anyone know who represented her in her divorce?

it doesn't matter if there is evidence of her speaking or writing in english. if she asks for a translator she will be given one. apparently she doesn't understand certain figure of speeches but those aren't usually used in court.

it doesn't matter if there is evidence of her speaking or writing in english. if she asks for a translator she will be given one. apparently she doesn't understand certain figure of speeches but those aren't usually used in court.
Agreed. Was just referring to the threat of prior statements to police being thrown out because she didn’t have one at the time. Although she did decline one if I remember correctly.

Tuesday there will be a hearing at the Probate Court in Farmington to decide who should be in charge of taking care of Fotis Dulos' Farmington estate at 4 Jefferson Crossing. On Monday, FOX61’s Matt Caron sifted through the 36 page public filing of legal submissions.

We discovered a letter signed by Fotis' sister Rena Dulos just after Fotis died asking the court to appoint Christopher LaTronica, one of Fotis' attorneys as the temporary admittatur of the estate.

In the letter, Rena says Fotis' estate, "...is, or is threatened to soon be, under attack from adverse parties." She goes onto say it faces, "imminent and potentially irreversible harm..." Rena Dulos also says it is, "only the beginning of the wolves clawing at the door to Mr. Dulos' estate."

The court ended up appointing Christopher Hug as the temporary administrator.

The Faber estate did not object to that appointment. Hug has agreed to make an inventory of all Fotis Dulos' assets and has agreed not to sell any items or property.

The documents reveal Fotis Dulos' mortgage on the 4 Jefferson Crossing home is $2.3-million. It reveals Fotis did not pay $21,000 in property taxes and has unpaid utility bills.
Sister says Dulos estate was “under attack” as Fotis was still clinging to life

I’m thinking there is plenty of proof she had no language barrier. I’ve read here that her social media alone proves she has quite the mastery of the language. I would also think there are plenty of witnesses that can be called to attest to her English skills. Does anyone know who represented her in her divorce?
It was a quick divorce, so she may not have had an attorney, and I'm not seeing one listed on the Miami-Dade court records. I blanked out her ex's name JIC.

GXXXXXX, PXXXX VS TROCONIS, MICHELLE
Local Case Number: 2016-029217-FC-04
Filing Date: 12/12/2016
State Case Number: 132016DR029217A00104
Case Type: Dissolution Of Marriage
Consolidated Case No.: N/A
Judicial Section: FC29
Case Status: CLOSED
Parties
Number of Parties: 2

Party Description Party Name Attorney Information Other Attorney(s)
Petitioner Gxxxxxx, Pxxxx
Respondent Troconis, Michelle

OCS Search

Do you think JS would base an appeal on MT not understanding Miranda, because she didn't have a translator when she first met with Bowman or because she didn't have a translator when she was with police in the backyard?
Miranda Rights: What Happens If the Police Don't Read You Your Rights
If someone is not in police custody, however, no Miranda warning is required and anything the person says can be used at trial. Police officers often avoid arresting people—and make it clear to them that they're free to go—precisely so they don't have to give the Miranda warning. Then they can arrest the suspect after getting the incriminating statement they wanted all along. (For more detail, see our article on the meaning of "custodial interrogation.")

SBM/BBM.

THIS is an interesting quote. He refers to MT as a "bit player." Not as innocent.
Yes, he refers to her as a "bit player" !!- what a strategic error on his part. Not innocent.Bowman would not have made that error.
I think it is obvious that MT has been getting by in life for years by speaking English. I agree with you = why not have the interpreter in case there are any nuances/colloquialisms etc. that don't easily translate. It certainly does not hurt. I don't sense that anything will end up thrown out as evidence b/c of language barrier. She has turned down an interpreter in the past. I also don't think it makes any difference if the trial is held in Stamford or Hartford . Both Fairfield county and Hartford county, are counties that have a wide variety of demographics to choose from for potential jurors. All obvi my opion only

Yes, he refers to her as a "bit player" !!- what a strategic error on his part. Not innocent.Bowman would not have made that error.
RSBM: Oh yeah. All those who think this aggressive attorney with a loud mouth is going to help: NOPE!!! IME, I know what the Bowmans of the world can do. BTDT.
ETA: The best attys are Like a Thief in the Night. You never see what's coming until it hits you.

Last edited:
One of the big issues in Dulos divorce case was a child custody report by Dr. Stephen Herman. A secret hearing on the details of it was halted a week later before Jennifer disappeared, Now the judge who oversaw the case wants laws amended.
Among the changes Judge Donna Heller suggests are: a court order specifying the amount an expert is to be paid and how that cost will be split; the amount they will be paid separately to testify if asked; the professional credentials of the evaluator; and a 30-day deadline for the expert to file the results of their report with the court under seal.Heller’s proposed changes came in a two-page letter to the Rules Committee of the Superior Court, which met Monday. Meanwhile, Heller’s reappointment Monday sailed through the legislature’s Judiciary Committee without anyone asking her any questions about the Dulos case. She still must be approved by the entire legislature. Heller declined to comment Monday.
While Heller didn’t mention the Dulos divorce in her letter, one of the biggest issues in that case was the child custody report submitted by Dr. Steven Herman last April and the battle over its contents in the days before Jennifer Farber Dulos disappeared...
If Heller’s proposed rule changes had been in effect there would have been several differences in how the Herman report unfolded in the Dulos case. Herman would have had a specific time frame to finish his report, which took longer than anticipated. Herman was at least a month late to submit his report claiming that he had been sick.
Under Heller’s proposed changes Herman also would have had to submit the report to the court — and not to Michael Meehan, the court-appointed guardian ad litem in the case. In the Dulos case, her attorney Rueben Midler accused the guardian ad litem, who is appointed by the judge, of distributing the report to Dulos’ then-attorney Michael Rose. Midler filed a motion asking that Heller remove Meehan as the guardian ad litem because he “gave and permitted access to the report to the Defendant and his counsel and thereby disseminated its contents without authorization from the court.”
Heller was angry that Herman’s report wasn’t immediately sealed and was circulated at least among the attorneys. and that somehow Dulos himself had a copy of it. State police found a copy of the report in his Jefferson Crossing home when they searched it last June.
Heller formally dismissed the Dulos divorce case last week after his attorney had informed the court he had died. Heller hadn’t held a hearing on the case in the months following Farber Dulos’ disappearance.

Judge in Dulos divorce case proposes new laws regarding child custody disputes

Schoenhorn is no stranger to the news media. But he says this case has drawn intense interest, prompting late-night media calls, including a request for a midnight interview.
A former Connecticut newspaper reporter, Schoenhorn’s 38-year law practice has included a slew of recognizable names. For instance, he represented James “Bo” Gritz, a former Green Beret lieutenant colonel who was the inspiration for the movie “Rambo.” The attorney defended Gritz, who’d been charged with attempted kidnapping in Suffield in the 1990s.
The Jon. L. Schoenhorn & Associates principal and former president of the Criminal Defense Lawyers Association has represented murder suspects, plaintiffs in constitutional law issues and challenged youth-curfew laws.
Influx of requests
Schoenhorn said he knows how to handle the media, having worked two stints with the Republican-American newspaper. This time, though, he concedes the media has inundated him with requests.
“There has been a lot of hounding,” Schoenhorn said. “I’ve been asked to appear on every network news outlets magazine show and their prime-time shows. I’m not shy by any means, but those requests are not appropriate at this time.”
“It’s annoying to get a text at 11:30 p.m. … from a national network asking if I’d do a midnight Skype interview to appear the next day,” he said. “They asked if I’d mind, and I said I would.”
Schoenhorn, 65, said he can do without the “snarky tweets by some in the media, especially the New York media.”
“I believe in communicating facts, but I want the public to know what is happening, to know the truth, and to distinguish between fact, speculation and fiction,” he said,

Meanwhile, Schoenhorn said he was never given the police interviews with his client, despite assurances he’d get them. When he does get those interviews, Schoenhorn said, he’ll look at the possibility that language barriers could have affected Troconis’ answers to police. Her first language is Spanish.

Chief State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo, who is prosecuting the case, declined to comment because the matter is pending.
The next court date is March 20.
Since the alleged crimes occurred in Hartford and Avon, Schoenhorn said the case should be heard in Hartford and not in Norwalk and Stamford, where it’s currently being heard.
He said, “We will work on getting the case back to where it belongs.”

IMO, she is no scapegoat.
Her lover , charged with murder, left her to fend for herself.
She is charged with conspiracy to commit murder.
Hardly a scapegoat.
We have yet to see how the DA came up with this charge.
Stay tuned.
Moo and Moo.

Yes! This!
And what do we want to spend our time investigating-

1) If she "really" needs the translator she has the right to have (without demonstrating need) or

2) What happened to Jennifer and what Troconis' role was?

I'm ready to move on from the translator and focus on #2.

RSBM: Oh yeah. All those who think this aggressive attorney with a loud mouth is going to help: NOPE!!! IME, I know what the Bowmans of the world can do. BTDT.
ETA: The best attys are Like a Thief in the Night. You never see what's coming until it hits you.
IMO, AB > JS, but MT apparently felt differently. We'll see how that works out for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces