Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A New Haven man who made more than 30 phone calls to Fotis Dulos’ attorneys and then threatened to meet them in the parking lot has been charged with harassment.

Adam Davenport, 31, was arrested on a warrant by New Haven police and appeared in Superior Court in New Haven Friday. He was charged with second-degree harassment, which is a misdemeanor. His next court date is Feb. 21.

Davenport is accused of making a series of phone calls to both Norm Pattis and Kevin Smith beginning in September that became increasingly more sinister. The calls started in September with the man stating “you better watch your back in the parking lot,” according to an arrest warrant.

The calls continued into mid-October with the last two saying “Smith is not safe” and “it’s gonna be real easy man, real easy,” the warrant said.

Police tracked the calls to Davenport and when they interviewed him he admitted making the calls but told then he was only joking and meant no harm.

Pattis and Smith represented Dulos, who died on Jan. 30 in a New York hospital after attempting suicide in the garage of his Farmington home two days earlier by clamping a vacuum cleaner hose to the tailpipe of his car and inhaling carbon monoxide. He had been charged with murdering his estranged wife, Jennifer Farber Dulos, at her home in New Canaan...

Davenport told police he was upset by how the “Jennifer Dulos case is portrayed on the news by Pattis and Smith.” He said Pattis was “spreading false information.” He also acknowledged that he told Pattis he was coming down to his office at one point.

Davenport promised he wouldn’t make any more phone calls and offered to apologize. Smith told police that he still wanted charges pressed against Davenport because he has a family to worry about now.

Man arrested for harassing and threatening Fotis Dulos’ attorneys
I wonder if Smith was physically distancing himself on the courthouse steps from FD bc he feared he could be a target. IMO if Davenport had been P & S's client they'd defend him on right to free speech.

Has anyone found a copy of the document Rena Dulos filed in Probate Court?

I am struggling to understand how she would have standing to file any such document? If the document were filed by Pattisville I'm sure they wouldn't let standing stop them from filing a frivolous motion but I am curious how the Court is able to accept this motion?

MOO
Replying to myself here to figure out if anyone found a copy of the earlier documents filed in Probate Court where the Administrator was appointed?

The legal issues with this probate are way above my pay grade but I'm struggling to see how this all moves forward without JFd not being declared dead as the 2 were legally still married at the time of Fd suicide/death. Has a will for JFd been filed anyplace in CT Probate?

Baffled how the Greek Family even enters the picture here given the presence of 5 living children? Will a separate action have to be entered in the Court on behalf of the living descendants of Fd to protect the children's interests in their parent's estate?

Seems wacky that the issue of the marital estate remains unresolved and we see Rena Dulos zooming in to Probate Court like its the early days of the Gold Rush?

What is interesting though is I would have thought that if Fd had additional wealth or IF the Greek Benefactor existed that he would have used these assets to secure his bond and remain out of prison.

Instead, we see Fd and Anna Curry perpetrating a fraud to get the bond and Fd choosing the gas himself to death rather than returning to prison.

It will be interesting to see how the creditors stack up here as well as its clear that the properties we are aware of weren't sufficient to secure a bond given existing liens.

I wish the reporters would put out the documents so that this issue can be followed as its important I think in order to understand the last days of Fd.

MOO

A New Haven man who made more than 30 phone calls to Fotis Dulos’ attorneys and then threatened to meet them in the parking lot has been charged with harassment.

Adam Davenport, 31, was arrested on a warrant by New Haven police and appeared in Superior Court in New Haven Friday. He was charged with second-degree harassment, which is a misdemeanor. His next court date is Feb. 21.

Davenport is accused of making a series of phone calls to both Norm Pattis and Kevin Smith beginning in September that became increasingly more sinister. The calls started in September with the man stating “you better watch your back in the parking lot,” according to an arrest warrant.

The calls continued into mid-October with the last two saying “Smith is not safe” and “it’s gonna be real easy man, real easy,” the warrant said.

Police tracked the calls to Davenport and when they interviewed him he admitted making the calls but told then he was only joking and meant no harm.

Pattis and Smith represented Dulos, who died on Jan. 30 in a New York hospital after attempting suicide in the garage of his Farmington home two days earlier by clamping a vacuum cleaner hose to the tailpipe of his car and inhaling carbon monoxide. He had been charged with murdering his estranged wife, Jennifer Farber Dulos, at her home in New Canaan...

Davenport told police he was upset by how the “Jennifer Dulos case is portrayed on the news by Pattis and Smith.” He said Pattis was “spreading false information.” He also acknowledged that he told Pattis he was coming down to his office at one point.

Davenport promised he wouldn’t make any more phone calls and offered to apologize. Smith told police that he still wanted charges pressed against Davenport because he has a family to worry about now.

I wonder if Smith was physically distancing himself on the courthouse steps from FD bc he feared he could be a target. IMO if Davenport had been P & S's client they'd defend him on right to free speech.
@MarissaAlter
Judge Donna Heller, the judge in the Dulos divorce case, went before the Judiciary Committee today for reappointment. She was not asked a single question, including about the prolonged Dulos divorce that saw more than 500 filings and ended with both parties dead
Also worth noting, not a single legislator on the committee made remarks about her period. Several praised the judges who came before her this morning when they were up for reappointment or read positive statements from others about their work on the bench.
I channel-surfed and caught that bit. Was amazed.

I am struggling to understand how she would have standing to file any such document? If the document were filed by Pattisville I'm sure they wouldn't let standing stop them from filing a frivolous motion but I am curious how the Court is able to accept this motion?

MOO
Replying to myself here to figure out if anyone found a copy of the earlier documents filed in Probate Court where the Administrator was appointed?

The legal issues with this probate are way above my pay grade but I'm struggling to see how this all moves forward without JFd not being declared dead as the 2 were legally still married at the time of Fd suicide/death. Has a will for JFd been filed anyplace in CT Probate?

Baffled how the Greek Family even enters the picture here given the presence of 5 living children? Will a separate action have to be entered in the Court on behalf of the living descendants of Fd to protect the children's interests in their parent's estate?

Seems wacky that the issue of the marital estate remains unresolved and we see Rena Dulos zooming in to Probate Court like its the early days of the Gold Rush?

What is interesting though is I would have thought that if Fd had additional wealth or IF the Greek Benefactor existed that he would have used these assets to secure his bond and remain out of prison.

Instead, we see Fd and Anna Curry perpetrating a fraud to get the bond and Fd choosing the gas himself to death rather than returning to prison.

It will be interesting to see how the creditors stack up here as well as its clear that the properties we are aware of weren't sufficient to secure a bond given existing liens.

I wish the reporters would put out the documents so that this issue can be followed as its important I think in order to understand the last days of Fd.

MOO

"Nice work, knucklehead. You know how rare and opportunity Fotis was. How many high profile murderers- Er alleged murders- who have stockpiles of secret assets do you think there are in this state?"
Awhile ago P and S became partners, then they split up, then they became partners again. Then they...?

BR was let into the house because FD was lonely and everyone seemed against him so when a fake old neighbor came knocking he let him in. AC was with him so if he did not let the guy in AC would think he is guilty too and not continue piggy banking for him.

MOO
I wondered the same thing.

Heck. If I lived nearby, can I file, too?

It's a nice-ish big house, and apparently it's up for grabs, even though GF owned and paid for it, and Jennifer - his WIFE who has not yet been declared dead - would rightfully have been the immediate heir, as well as his five children -- but that doesn't matter in CT courts, right?

Last edited:
Schoenhorn is no stranger to the news media. But he says this case has drawn intense interest, prompting late-night media calls, including a request for a midnight interview.
A former Connecticut newspaper reporter, Schoenhorn’s 38-year law practice has included a slew of recognizable names. For instance, he represented James “Bo” Gritz, a former Green Beret lieutenant colonel who was the inspiration for the movie “Rambo.” The attorney defended Gritz, who’d been charged with attempted kidnapping in Suffield in the 1990s.
The Jon. L. Schoenhorn & Associates principal and former president of the Criminal Defense Lawyers Association has represented murder suspects, plaintiffs in constitutional law issues and challenged youth-curfew laws.
Her lawyer suggested Troconis has become a scapegoat after the death of the prosecutors’ prime suspect.
“Michelle was a bit player,” Schoenhorn said Monday. “But now that the big fish is gone, they are turning to who is left to justify millions of [taxpayers'] dollars in … investigation.”
Influx of requests
Schoenhorn said he knows how to handle the media, having worked two stints with the Republican-American newspaper. This time, though, he concedes the media has inundated him with requests.
“There has been a lot of hounding,” Schoenhorn said. “I’ve been asked to appear on every network news outlets magazine show and their prime-time shows. I’m not shy by any means, but those requests are not appropriate at this time.”
While Schoenhorn has spoken to some local media outlets, he said he doesn’t plan on doing an all-out media blitz until he has more facts about the case.
“It’s annoying to get a text at 11:30 p.m. … from a national network asking if I’d do a midnight Skype interview to appear the next day,” he said. “They asked if I’d mind, and I said I would.”
Schoenhorn, 65, said he can do without the “snarky tweets by some in the media, especially the New York media.”
“I believe in communicating facts, but I want the public to know what is happening, to know the truth, and to distinguish between fact, speculation and fiction,” he said,

Meanwhile, Schoenhorn said he was never given the police interviews with his client, despite assurances he’d get them. When he does get those interviews, Schoenhorn said, he’ll look at the possibility that language barriers could have affected Troconis’ answers to police. Her first language is Spanish.

Chief State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo, who is prosecuting the case, declined to comment because the matter is pending.
The next court date is March 20.
Since the alleged crimes occurred in Hartford and Avon, Schoenhorn said the case should be heard in Hartford and not in Norwalk and Stamford, where it’s currently being heard.
He said, “We will work on getting the case back to where it belongs.”

Hartford Lawyer in Troconis Case Says He's Never Been Hounded Like This Before | Connecticut Law Tribune

I'd like to hear from a CT lawyer - but (NOT speaking as a lawyer here) - in some states, it's either venue, e.g.:

'A person may be prosecuted for conspiracy in the county in which he entered into such conspiracy or in any county in which an overt act in furtherance thereof was committed.'
I want clarification on your bolded statement as well.

Does the bold text only apply to the person the charge is being filed against? If so, there is no evidence (that we, the public, know of) that MT did any action outside of Hartford county.

It was mentioned that LE hasn't corroborated MT's alibi for the morning of 5/24, but, unless I missed something, we don't know one way or another whether they have. Our lack of knowledge does not mean LE doesn't know exactly where MT was for most, if not all, of the morning. Maybe she DID take action outside of Hartford county, but JS wouldn't know that based on the AWs (one of which we know he hadn't even read yet).

We (the collective WS we) are more familiar with the case than JS was Friday morning, but we also don't have all of the evidence amassed. I don't think JS is out of line trying for a change of venue based on supposed location of crimes charged, but none of our thoughts on the matter will ultimately decide the outcome. It's a technicality that will either fly, or it won't.

She has 2 choices. Admit Fochi killed and hid JD or concede that as his wife it is hers. As she is "unavailable" at this time then the person who has her poa, GF, is in the rightful position to take care of the estate. Another factor is GF is acting in the rightful heirs best interests. Trying to take mattresses and other household goods and by all counts looks like to have shipped to Greece is not in the kids best interest. Unless of course used stained mattresses from many sexual partners is a commodity in Greece. Somehow I doubt it.

ETA. The quote of Rena regarding the estate did not show in my post

Last edited:
Adding: We do not know that "all of MT's crimes were committed within Hfd county".

On the contrary, it's likely she did at least some of her planning (the car she drove was seen behind Jennifer's house) at minimum - in person in New Canaan.

Whether she was there in person on 5/24 is yet to be seen but she has NO alibi at all yet. The selfies she claims to have taken that day may well not even exist, or may have been taken on a different day entirely!

So far none of her alibis have been even remotely truthful.
I agree that we don't know where "all" of MT's crimes happened, just like we don't know whether LE has corroborated her alibis or not. If the Marty photo exists, she's also on camera at Stop & Shop. That's just one of many stops she made that morning.

It's been discussed previously, but MT's morning seemed tailored to providing alibis for both herself and FD (hence the shower sex, KM meeting, Greece call, etc). We know FD's are bunk because of surveillance. We don't know whether MT's are or not, just that she definitely lied through her teeth about FD's.

Also, a vehicle belonging to FD that matches the description of a car MT got into an accident with was seen in NC sometime between the accident (I'm not looking at my notes, but I believe it was around 5/18) and likely 5/24. We don't know who was driving it, just that it belonged to FD and MT had driven it at least once. Maybe LE knows it was MT behind the wheel and will use that information to throw out the change of venue motion. Maybe it was FD behind the wheel and LE knows that.

We just don't know yet. We don't know if she has an alibi, and we don't know where LE has evidence of her crimes. My opinion on the defense strategy is an opinion based on the information we DO have.

It

MOO
It does make total sense to me that if he had money hidden somewhere, that he wouldn’t use it. Seems he would rather drain other victims for his bond money. IMO, his hidden money was his nest egg for after this was all over.

If so, you can thank lawyers like NP and JS for tainting the jury pool. It's all just a circus to them - the louder and crazier, the better.

LE is tight-lipped.
I completely agree. NP made it a point to include constant media exposure as part of his defense strategy (to his own detriment IMO). His regular appearances on Chaz & AJ alone show how much information he wanted to put out there.

We'll see how much this behavior continues with Jose Morales or if he chooses a different strategy this time around. I'm willing to put money on the latter.

MOO
If there's a PC hearing tomorrow, who will represent her, NP being away for two weeks. La Tronica? Any WS'rs up that way who can attend?

Does anyone think it’s at all possible that Rena believes that FD has an estate, that he was making tons of money, that he was paying his mortgage and child support et al? I don’t but... there’s got to be some logical way to explain her behavior.
I’m replying to my own post here after some further thought. I don’t think Rena really did know all that was going on here. I think her brother portrayed himself as the hotshot builder with tons of money. I also think he portrayed JFD as the bad guy to his sister. She would only know what he told her. And he’s a master manipulator. I don’t think he was ever honest with anyone.

Also, this apparently needs clarification:

I have said and believe that the translator and motion for a change of venue are good defense strategies, because I believe they are.

I also would rather see those issues addressed NOW instead of being reasons for appeal or a mistrial LATER.

We don't have to like defense attorneys, but they are necessary, and I would rather see someone in MT's shoes get adequate counsel and found guilty than have her sentence overthrown on a technicality.

MOO MOO MOO, as always.

MOO
Yes. And if we can't depend on the press, better yet if any member of this thread who's nearby can attend the hearing and report. I'm pretty sure anyone can buy a copy of the audio, but it may take 1 wk or so to get it.

Also, this apparently needs clarification:

I have said and believe that the translator and motion for a change of venue are good defense strategies, because I believe they are.

I also would rather see those issues addressed NOW instead of being reasons for appeal or a mistrial LATER.
We don't have to like defense attorneys, but they are necessary, and I would rather see someone in MT's shoes get adequate counsel and found guilty than have her sentence overthrown on a technicality.
MOO MOO MOO, as always.

Do you think JS would base an appeal on MT not understanding Miranda, because she didn't have a translator when she first met with Bowman or because she didn't have a translator when she was with police in the backyard?

Schoenhorn is no stranger to the news media. But he says this case has drawn intense interest, prompting late-night media calls, including a request for a midnight interview.
A former Connecticut newspaper reporter, Schoenhorn’s 38-year law practice has included a slew of recognizable names. For instance, he represented James “Bo” Gritz, a former Green Beret lieutenant colonel who was the inspiration for the movie “Rambo.” The attorney defended Gritz, who’d been charged with attempted kidnapping in Suffield in the 1990s.
The Jon. L. Schoenhorn & Associates principal and former president of the Criminal Defense Lawyers Association has represented murder suspects, plaintiffs in constitutional law issues and challenged youth-curfew laws.
Her lawyer suggested Troconis has become a scapegoat after the death of the prosecutors’ prime suspect.
“Michelle was a bit player,” Schoenhorn said Monday. “But now that the big fish is gone, they are turning to who is left to justify millions of [taxpayers'] dollars in … investigation.”
Influx of requests
Schoenhorn said he knows how to handle the media, having worked two stints with the Republican-American newspaper. This time, though, he concedes the media has inundated him with requests.
“There has been a lot of hounding,” Schoenhorn said. “I’ve been asked to appear on every network news outlets magazine show and their prime-time shows. I’m not shy by any means, but those requests are not appropriate at this time.”
While Schoenhorn has spoken to some local media outlets, he said he doesn’t plan on doing an all-out media blitz until he has more facts about the case.
“It’s annoying to get a text at 11:30 p.m. … from a national network asking if I’d do a midnight Skype interview to appear the next day,” he said. “They asked if I’d mind, and I said I would.”
Schoenhorn, 65, said he can do without the “snarky tweets by some in the media, especially the New York media.”
“I believe in communicating facts, but I want the public to know what is happening, to know the truth, and to distinguish between fact, speculation and fiction,” he said,

Meanwhile, Schoenhorn said he was never given the police interviews with his client, despite assurances he’d get them. When he does get those interviews, Schoenhorn said, he’ll look at the possibility that language barriers could have affected Troconis’ answers to police. Her first language is Spanish.

Chief State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo, who is prosecuting the case, declined to comment because the matter is pending.
The next court date is March 20.
Since the alleged crimes occurred in Hartford and Avon, Schoenhorn said the case should be heard in Hartford and not in Norwalk and Stamford, where it’s currently being heard.
He said, “We will work on getting the case back to where it belongs.”

Hartford Lawyer in Troconis Case Says He's Never Been Hounded Like This Before | Connecticut Law Tribune

Here's a crazy idea. turn off your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1