Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for those knowlegeable about
KM's arrest warrant.
Paragraph # 30 states:
...there to be Probable Cause to believe that
Kent D. Mawhinney did on Friday May 24, 2019

"in the town of New Canaan, Ct. "

commit the following crimes on the person of JFD which resulted in her death."

Question- does this mean KM did this act
"in New Canaan" or is it written this way because the actual crime took place and is listed as NC?

Could this mean KM WAS in NC on 5/24?
AW-
Mawhinney Arrest Warrant (01!07!20)

I read it to mean that supports his conspiracy charge, not necessarily the actual act...IMO

The witch's husband is worse he is saying that JD pushed FD to the point he snapped and killed her.
Ah yes!

Where have we heard this similar argument before....

I think we've seen this chatter in:

The recent "Airmail" articles, 'Greek Family', from Fd himself, Atty. P. on rinse/repeat as he victim blamed/shamed, DA in HC articles numerous articles IMO, various posters on WS and now on FB.....

So curious why this line of discussion is hitting the media now? Color me curious!?!

Since when did abdication of personal responsibility and free will become such a lightning rod issue when discussing Fd and MT?

Victim shaming is victim shaming. Fd could have left his marriage in a responsible manner IMO and he chose to do something very different than that IMO. MT could have entered into her 'relationship' with Fd in a very different manner IMO and yet we saw her do something very different than that.

So many toxic relationships and destructive energy swirling around this case IMO that sometimes it just seems like this toxic cocktail was created that eventually simply exploded in anger and rage and resulted in murder.

But to blame another as these various 'sources' have been doing is IMO simply wrong and absolutely irresponsible.

Choices inevitability have consequences. Fd's choices IMO resulted in him being 'dust in the wind' in Greece and MT's choices IMO will result in a trial where we will see what her consequences might be for her role in this murder of JFd. Last time I looked inability to speak english doesn't provide a 'get out of jail card' for murder!

Looking forward to seeing more information from the State and hope to see a speedy trial and eventual justice!

MOO

Last edited:
STATE OF CONNECTICUT v. FOTIS DULOS

http://appellateinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentDisplayer.aspx?AppId=2&DocId=Gkub6j5pej8PzTy2Eo2lpA==

ON FEBRUARY 18,2020, THIS COURT ORDERED COUNSEL OF RECORD TO FILE MEMORANDA ADDRESSING WHY THIS APPEAL SHOULD NOT BE DISMISSED BECAUSE THE DEFENDANT HAS DIED. SEE SIAIE v. BOSTWICK, 251 CONN.117 (1999); STATEv. TRANTOLO,209 CONN. 169 (1988); SIAIEv. NALEWAJK, 190 CONN. APP. 462 (2019). THE MEMORANDA FROM COUNSEL OF RECORD AND THE AMICUS CURIAE THE HARTFORD COURANT COMPANY, LLC, HAVING BEEN PRESENTED TO THE COURT, IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT THE APPEAL IS DISMISSED.

IDK why the CT Supreme Court hasn't ruled prior to now? Does anyone? It's honestly embarrassing that the Justices in Hartford can't get it together to figure out how to rule on this issue and now we see them IMO simply attempting to avoid a ruling altogether.

What I am confused about though is that I had thought that the 'gag order' bound ALL the co-conspirators, LE and their atty's in the cases (eg. MT and KM etc.). If the death of Fd meant the other cases against the co-conspirators were dismissed then maybe I could see the 'gag order' being dismissed BUT the death of Fd has zero to do with cases against MT and KM which are rolling full steam ahead!

What is up with the Judiciary and its terrapin speed and/or looking to not doing something they were tasked with doing months ago? It just seems hard to watch people work harder at not working than actually working.

Was looking at the 'pending list' of items from the Judiciary in this sad case and sadly what came up was following up on the Civil Case and our old 'friend' Judge Noble.

Trial ended last week of December, 2019 and Here we are 2/27/2020.

What is up? Are the Courts too busy to function? Do we have too few Judges or simply the wrong Judges?

Why would Judge Noble take nearly 2 months to rule on a relatively simple Civil Case?

Baffling....all of it.

EDITED to Add: http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=18751324

Looks like on 2/20/2020 The new temporary administrator in the Fd Estate had to be added to the Civil Case as a Defendant.

MOO

Last edited:
That's how I read it too, Mimi. But I don't know if LE uses NC because that's where the crime against JFD actually took place (the murder) so
paperwork references NC.
MT AW#3 uses the same language I think it just means since JD is assumed to be killed there

Attachments

• 445E73CC-0FC1-41D8-9344-09EE72203F1D.jpeg
    445E73CC-0FC1-41D8-9344-09EE72203F1D.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 23
I originally asked about this because I thought maybe they were thinking of adding these to the bond to "fix it," but also possible they were used for another purpose during the crime. The trustee has to be checking on this as well. Any chance he or FORE owned property in MA?

I didn't check MA so feel free to check (Fd does have cousins and other relatives I believe in MA as does KM I believe). We know that Fd had done work for the Masiello Family (they provided a "Friend Loan" on Sturbridge Property In NC) on Block Island and so I have long wondered whether he or the Masiello Family had optioned land for development by FORE/Fd.

My hope was that KM or Atty Markowitz might provide some clarity on land held by Fd and I truly and not sure how the new temporary administrator Hug will be able to track back through LLCs and Partnerships to puzzle out what all Fd owned. I think my concern is that we saw Fd and MT working hard to hide assets in the Family Court case from JFd and so I wonder if Fd worked hard to hide them such that they can't be found now?

Its a bit of a mystery too as you would think that if Fd did have other assets beyond the ones we are aware of that he would have used these assets for his bail bond. Instead though we saw him commit IMO a fraud by using properties that didn't have sufficient value as collateral for the bond and take money from his friends. I do wonder if Fd simply used everything he had to pay Pattisville and that there truly was nothing left and not even enough cash to fill up the propane tanks at 4Jx?

MOO

Last edited:
I keep checking the CT Judiciary site to see if there is any litigation filed by People's Bank (Bridgeport, CT).

Does anyone know if they filed a claim in Probate Court or do they even know Fd has dies? I would think based on what we have heard that they are one of Fd's main creditors at this point?

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to access Probate Court filings as I have seen some posted by others but am trying to figure out where they are getting them? Is it like Family Court where you have to do it in person and photocopy?

MOO

I didn't check MA so feel free to check (Fd does have cousins and other relatives I believe in MA as does KM I believe). We know that Fd had done work for the Masiello Family (they provided a "Friend Loan" on Sturbridge Property In NC) on Block Island and so I have long wondered whether he or the Masiello Family had optioned land for development by FORE/Fd.

My hope was that KM or Atty Markowitz might provide some clarity on land held by Fd and I truly and not sure how the new temporary administrator Hug will be able to track back through LLCs and Partnerships to puzzle out what all Fd owned. I think my concern is that we saw Fd and MT working hard to hide assets in the Family Court case from JFd and so I wonder if Fd worked hard to hide them such that they can't be found now?

Its a bit of a mystery too as you would think that if Fd did have other assets beyond the ones we are aware of that he would have used these assets for his bail bond. Instead though we saw him commit IMO a fraud by using properties that didn't have sufficient value as collateral for the bond and take money from his friends. I do wonder if Fd simply used everything he had to pay Pattisville and that there truly was nothing left and not even enough cash to fill up the propane tanks at 4Jx?

MOO
He probably spent his last dime filling his gasoline tank.;)

Despite the death of Fotis Dulos, Courant asks Supreme Court to rule on gag order

NP:

“We didn’t create this tidal wave of publicity, but I’ll be damned if we’re going to let it drown us.”"

He thrives on "tidal waves of publicity". If ever there were a case of the pot calling the kettle black, this is it.

Pattis said. “The late Mr. Dulos’ attorneys and his family have a story to tell based on a careful consideration of all available evidence. The gag order prevents them from telling that story.”

He still "has a story to tell". Yes a modern-day fairy tale, based on "Gone Girl" because you all know that JD was such a meticulous planner of her own fake death. She's even still, ensconced in fancy trappings somewhere smug in her knowledge that her plot led to FD sadly killing himself. According to NP, the wrong Dulos was charged.

If we live in a just universe, there should be a permanent gag order placed on NP for this and any future cases he represents.

Yeah Norman, you may just wanna hold off on sharing your “story” for a little bit longer, as much more evidence will become AVAILABLE in due time. In the meantime, you’ll just have to sit and stew while trying to come up with a new theory as to why your dead client didn’t kill his wife.

News12.com › story › appeal-of-ga...
Web results
Appeal of gag order in Jennifer Dulos case dismissed; gag order - News 12

Poor Norm. You lose again!

Yeah, but he thinks 7 billion people are watching him and his ponytail...maybe the legal profession isn’t the best calling for people who have “issues with authority”?
Like counsel, like client...

“I’m 64 years old and I have a ponytail. I have issues with authority. If I take a case and it pisses off the other 7 billion people on the face of the Earth, that’s their problem, not mine.”
Attorney Norm Pattis: Defender of the Despised

IDK why the CT Supreme Court hasn't ruled prior to now? Does anyone? It's honestly embarrassing that the Justices in Hartford can't get it together to figure out how to rule on this issue and now we see them IMO simply attempting to avoid a ruling altogether.

What I am confused about though is that I had thought that the 'gag order' bound ALL the co-conspirators, LE and their atty's in the cases (eg. MT and KM etc.). If the death of Fd meant the other cases against the co-conspirators were dismissed then maybe I could see the 'gag order' being dismissed BUT the death of Fd has zero to do with cases against MT and KM which are rolling full steam ahead!

What is up with the Judiciary and its terrapin speed and/or looking to not doing something they were tasked with doing months ago? It just seems hard to watch people work harder at not working than actually working.

Was looking at the 'pending list' of items from the Judiciary in this sad case and sadly what came up was following up on the Civil Case and our old 'friend' Judge Noble.

Trial ended last week of December, 2019 and Here we are 2/27/2020.

What is up? Are the Courts too busy to function? Do we have too few Judges or

simply the wrong Judges?

Why would Judge Noble take nearly 2 months to rule on a relatively simple Civil Case?

Baffling....all of it.

EDITED to Add: http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=18751324

Looks like on 2/20/2020 The new temporary administrator in the Fd Estate had to be added to the Civil Case as a Defendant.

MOO

I wonder why there was no oral argument on the briefs the SC requested from counsel on why it should not dismiss the appeal of the gag order in light of Dulos' death. In its brief decision dismissing the appeal the SC cited 3 cases, one of which was State v. Nalewajk, 190 Conn. App. 462 | Casetext which I read. In that case there was an oral argument on the SC’s sua sponte dismissal of an appeal after the defendant died. In that ruling the SC also appeared to chide defense counsel for not withdrawing the appeal after the death of the appellant, and “thereby conserve the resources expended by the state on what was an unnecessary hearing.” That counsel for defendant/appellant was Atty Daniel Erwin, “assigned counsel” (special public defender). Mr. Erwin was then employed by Pattis’ law firm (according to his linkedin).

Re Judge Noble, judges have around 4 months to issue a ruling, and it's common for them to take the full time. The clerks probably have a cue of cases needing rulings.

Yeah, but he thinks 7 billion people are watching him and his ponytail...maybe the legal profession isn’t the best calling for people who have “issues with authority”?

“I’m 64 years old and I have a ponytail. I have issues with authority. If I take a case and it pisses off the other 7 billion people on the face of the Earth, that’s their problem, not mine.”
Interestingly, when the article was reprinted in the Hearst newspapers (CT Insider), the title was changed to Norm Pattis: Courting Chaos.

MOO
There are 3 or 4 law firms that could be creditors of FD’s estate. IMO they’d have to present copies of their retainer agreements, their escrow account records and their itemized billing statements to see how the retainers were spent and if there was anything left of the retainers. But what if those attorneys didn’t file as creditors (and said they were “all square”)? Would the PC administrator have the power to either ask for those records or subpoena them—to see if they still had a balance of any of the retainers—which could be due to FD’s estate? Could the administrator subpoena Attorney Phufas to find out where the Greek funds were coming from, bc they could have been funds FD stashed away in that country and would be part of his estate?

I read it to mean that supports his conspiracy charge, not necessarily the actual act...IMO

I think you're probably right. The conspiracy charges are linked to the murder charge against Fd. Proceeding with those charges probably depends on the presentation tht in fact there was a murder to which the charges are tried. Hence, during the trials of MT and KM evidence of the crime will be presented.

And, that fact, IMO will tie MT to the Stamford Court...MOO...Just an legally uneducated opinion.

There are 3 or 4 law firms that could be creditors of FD’s estate. IMO they’d have to present copies of their retainer agreements, their escrow account records and their itemized billing statements to see how the retainers were spent and if there was anything left of the retainers. But what if those attorneys didn’t file as creditors (and said they were “all square”)? Would the PC administrator have the power to either ask for those records or subpoena them—to see if they still had a balance of any of the retainers—which could be due to FD’s estate? Could the administrator subpoena Attorney Phufas to find out where the Greek funds were coming from, bc they could have been funds FD stashed away in that country and would be part of his estate?

That Pernickety...I've been wondering about this also. Your explanation makes sense, but that hasn't always been a given in this situation. I was wondering if Fd put one of more of his attorneys on the title to some of his properties, or gave NP a retirement villa in Greece.

I would love for the mysterious Phufas to be called to make an accounting..."I know nothing" would probably be his response.

Last edited:

Noticed this quote also...thanks for bringing it for closer attention. Wouldn't it be interesting to be a fly on NP's therapist's wall?

He certainly had an unfortunate childhood...he seems well read and brilliant, but he lacks compassion for women and children in many of the cases he's taken. That blindspot is frightening to me. NP's ability to compartmentalize and hyper-focus with those he identifies can be very dangerous, not charming, IMO...MOO.

He still seems to be the kiddo crying out "see me....I need attention."

His insistence that whatever he can say to mitigate the appearance of guilt of a client is "okay," but chastises others who exercise free speech is really deserving a huge, "Shame on NP."

Your client is dead Mr. Pattis. There is nothing more you need to say! Let it rest and focus on your living clients. There is no money to make. Carry on.
Yeah Norman, you may just wanna hold off on sharing your “story” for a little bit longer, as much more evidence will become AVAILABLE in due time. In the meantime, you’ll just have to sit and stew while trying to come up with a new theory as to why your dead client didn’t kill his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum