Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't noticed this change is charges/court dates. MT's Conspiracy to Commit Tampering and Tampering with Physical Evidence now contains a message to contact the courthouse for further information. The rest of the charges remain the same. :
Information is accurate as of December 19, 2020 04:50 AM

Defendant Information
Last, First: TROCONIS MICHELLE Represented By: 101793 J.L.SCHOENHORN
Birth Year: 1974 Times on the Docket: 19
Docket Information
Docket No: FST -CR19-0167364-T Arresting Agency: CSP TROOP G
Companion:
Program: Arrest Date: 9/5/2019
Court: Stamford JD Bond Amount: $100,000 (This case only)
Bond Type: Professional Surety
Miscellaneous: (Released From Custody)
Activity: Contact Clerk's Office for Further Hearing Date: 11/24/2020 10:00 AM (BBM)
Information
Current Charges
Statute Description Class Type Occ Offense Date Plea Verdict Finding
53a-155 TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE D Felony 1 5/26/2019 Not Guilty
53a-155 CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE D Felony 1 5/29/2019

I agree it’s not clear from this language if NP was actually hired by Morales, since Norm sometimes gets appointed in place of a public defender, but most coverage (other than here) uses the term “hired”. See below tweet from Marissa Alter who is always on top of things. Norm may also be using that terminology in interviews to subtly imply otherwise, given the scuffle over FDs payments in the news now. Media coverage of the Morales case has shown NP huddling and conferring with JM’s stepfather and nephew, so it’s possible he’s milking their family to cover the bills. Being KMs cell mate could have something to do with it too obviously. NP seeks out these kinds of gruesome misogynistic cases, so it’s no coincidence.
MOO.

@MarissaAlter 2/18/20
JUST IN: Norm Pattis & Kevin Smith, originally retained just for bond purposes in the Jose Morales murder arrest, are staying on the case. Morales is in court at noon in Milford where he’s expected to plead not guilty to killing his girlfriend Christine Holloway. @News12CT

Jose Morales charged in homicide of Christine Holloway

Looked up Jose Morales on the Ct Court Lookup. Pattis and Smith LLC are listed as representing him:

Defendant Information
Last, First: MORALES JOSE LUIS Represented By: 423934 PATTIS & S LLC
Birth Year: 1976 Times on the Docket: 9
Docket Information
Docket No: AAN -CR20-0186660-T Arresting Agency: LOCAL POLICE ANSONIA
Companion:
Program: Arrest Date: 2/7/2020
Court: Milford JD Bond Amount: $5,000,000 (This case only)
Bond Type: Set
Miscellaneous: (Not Released From Custody)
Activity: Pre-Trial Next Court Date: 1/21/2021 10:00 AM
Current Charges
53a-54a MURDER A Felony 1 12/2/2019 Not Guilty
53a-155 TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE D Felony 1 12/2/2019 Not Guilty

Haven't noticed this change is charges/court dates. MT's Conspiracy to Commit Tampering and Tampering with Physical Evidence now contains a message to contact the courthouse for further information. The rest of the charges remain the same. :

Defendant Information
Docket Information
Companion:
Activity: Contact Clerk's Office for Further Hearing Date: 11/24/2020 10:00 AM (BBM)
Information
Current Charges

Does anyone think MT skipped out? She probably is not wearing a ankle bracelet. That subject seems to have ended. She did not want to appear on video link the last time she was ‘in court’ and the judge said she HAS to show this time.....so I am wondering is she gone?

Looked up Jose Morales on the Ct Court Lookup. Pattis and Smith LLC are listed as representing him:

Defendant Information
Last, First: MORALES JOSE LUIS Represented By: 423934 PATTIS & S LLC
Birth Year: 1976 Times on the Docket: 9
Docket Information
Docket No: AAN -CR20-0186660-T Arresting Agency: LOCAL POLICE ANSONIA
Companion:
Program: Arrest Date: 2/7/2020
Court: Milford JD Bond Amount: $5,000,000 (This case only)
Bond Type: Set
Miscellaneous: (Not Released From Custody)
Activity: Pre-Trial Next Court Date: 1/21/2021 10:00 AM
Current Charges
53a-54a MURDER A Felony 1 12/2/2019 Not Guilty
53a-155 TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE D Felony 1 12/2/2019 Not Guilty

from my notes:
11/18/20 Update: JM's lawyer was unprepared on the case and nor has he even picked up the evidence that has been ready to be picked up since July. JM's lawyer tried to say they were unaware that the evidence was ready but SA provided numerous e-mail sent to JM's lawyer. Court is scheduled for 1/6/21 so JM's lawyers can be prepared. After that court date the next one is on 1/21/21 will be the pretrial hearing.

from my notes:
11/18/20 Update: JM's lawyer was unprepared on the case and nor has he even picked up the evidence that has been ready to be picked up since July. JM's lawyer tried to say they were unaware that the evidence was ready but SA provided numerous e-mail sent to JM's lawyer. Court is scheduled for 1/6/21 so JM's lawyers can be prepared. After that court date the next one is on 1/21/21 will be the pretrial hearing.
That's amazingly sloppy representation.

from my notes:

Typical Pattis Patter....:rolleyes:

Defendant Information
Docket Information
Companion:
Information
Current Charges

I believe the "contact the clerk" message is consistent with charges filed during the pandemic -- more specifically, these charges were filed late August 2020:

Michelle Troconis faces new charges in Jennifer Dulos case

Aug 28, 2020

Minutes before the hearing, Chief State’s Attorney Richard J. Colangelo Jr. filed two additional counts of conspiracy to commit tampering with evidence, removed one charge of first-degree hindering prosecution and added a second-degree hindering prosecution charge.

[...]

Her attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, entered pleas of not guilty to the new charges at the end of the court appearance.

[..]

The filing also claims Troconis aided Fotis Dulos “with intent to prevent, hinder and delay the discovery and apprehension of” her then-boyfriend through “concealment, alteration and destruction” of physical evidence.

[..]

The new charges against Troconis stem from the night of the disappearance, when she and Fotis Dulos were seen on video surveillance on Albany Avenue in Hartford, police said. The video showed Fotis Dulos throwing out garbage bags that were later determined to contain his estranged wife’s blood and clothing, arrest warrants stated.

ETA: add additional link from 11//24/20 hearing

The second tampering charge is related to Troconis helping to clean a red pickup truck that police say was involved in the Jennifer Dulos homicide, according to the arrest warrants.

The conspiracy to commit murder charge largely stems from Troconis trying to fabricate an alibi for Fotis Dulos the morning his estranged wife disappeared, arrest warrants state. Troconis was at his Farmington home with Mawhinney that morning, police said.

Troconis initially contended she saw Fotis Dulos that morning in his home, but later admitted to state police that she hadn’t seen him until the afternoon, according to arrest warrants.

11/24/20

Prosecutor: Michelle Troconis defense missed chance to change venue in Jennifer Dulos case

Last edited:
Does anyone think MT skipped out? She probably is not wearing a ankle bracelet. That subject seems to have ended. She did not want to appear on video link the last time she was ‘in court’ and the judge said she HAS to show this time.....so I am wondering is she gone?
Did I miss something here?

Last I recall, Judge lifted house arrest and the curfew MT was under but she must still wear a GPS monitoring device (i.e., ankle bracelet).

9/24/20
Judge Ends Michelle Troconis' House Arrest In Jennifer Dulos Case

In the warrant it states that MT said KM was there at 7:30 a.m. It also states that KM's phone pinged in the 4jx area. KM was also included in the Alibi Scripts. MT said FD left his phone at home according to the warrant.

MOO
This is all true about what the warrant states.

The only thing we can reliably conclude from it (since it came from LE) is that KM's phone pinged in the 4jx area.

Both MT and the alibi scripts are unreliable tellers of events. MT and KM seemed at odds about what is supposed to have happened or been said or done by either at 4jx that morning. We cannot reliably conclude that KM was at 4jx that morning without independent verification, such as KM's appearance on surveillance video nearby that morning or testimony from a reliable witness. To my knowledge, LE has not shared whether they have any such independent verification.

I do remember reading that the SUV seen on a nearby road was ruled out. But then came across that bit of NYT article that said it wasn't (can't even access that NYT excerpt now) I assume LE checked the GPS on FD's SUV.

I'd think that if FD was purposely leaving his phone home--so it could make it appear he was in Farmington, particularly if MT was to answer a call from Greece to it--that FD would then have had a burner phone with him on his trip to NC, b/c who would go off today on a trip of some length, let alone to carry out a conspiracy, without a cell phone? But then later that day, it's said that he made a call to KM on FD's own cell phone, after the Albany Ave run. Why wouldn't he have used the burner phone for that, if he had one? MOO

KM likely thought the same thing, that is "why did FD call my cellphone instead of the burner?" I mean, after all the antics to have cellphones planted in locations where selected persons are scripted to be the morning of the 5/24, why the lapse at the end of the day?

Thus, KM's reported fall resulting in concussion and a destroyed phone that KM subsequently replaced.

12/21/2020

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR190167364T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 01/25/2021. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

Has anyone seen MT lately? Is there reason to make a welfare check? Is she trying to change her appearance to match a fake passport? I am concerned that there has been no new info on her!
Something is up ever since the news that KM was cooperating. Her radio silence on IG is interesting since this news. He might have a bunch of goods on her? More than she ever imagined? Or she jumped ship.

No news is good news. The only thing I want to read/hear about MT is GUILTY.

ETA: She's wearing a GPS monitor.

Supposedly, even Martha Stewart was able to remove hers, and leave it on the kitchen table....

images

image from food4less.com

jmho ymmv lrr

I believe the "contact the clerk" message is consistent with charges filed during the pandemic -- more specifically, these charges were filed late August 2020:

Michelle Troconis faces new charges in Jennifer Dulos case

Aug 28, 2020

Minutes before the hearing, Chief State’s Attorney Richard J. Colangelo Jr. filed two additional counts of conspiracy to commit tampering with evidence, removed one charge of first-degree hindering prosecution and added a second-degree hindering prosecution charge.

[...]

Her attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, entered pleas of not guilty to the new charges at the end of the court appearance.

[..]

The filing also claims Troconis aided Fotis Dulos “with intent to prevent, hinder and delay the discovery and apprehension of” her then-boyfriend through “concealment, alteration and destruction” of physical evidence.

[..]

The new charges against Troconis stem from the night of the disappearance, when she and Fotis Dulos were seen on video surveillance on Albany Avenue in Hartford, police said. The video showed Fotis Dulos throwing out garbage bags that were later determined to contain his estranged wife’s blood and clothing, arrest warrants stated.

ETA: add additional link from 11//24/20 hearing

The second tampering charge is related to Troconis helping to clean a red pickup truck that police say was involved in the Jennifer Dulos homicide, according to the arrest warrants.

The conspiracy to commit murder charge largely stems from Troconis trying to fabricate an alibi for Fotis Dulos the morning his estranged wife disappeared, arrest warrants state. Troconis was at his Farmington home with Mawhinney that morning, police said.

Troconis initially contended she saw Fotis Dulos that morning in his home, but later admitted to state police that she hadn’t seen him until the afternoon, according to arrest warrants.

11/24/20

Prosecutor: Michelle Troconis defense missed chance to change venue in Jennifer Dulos case

Looking at the picture of MT....fist she is mad. Her face talks a lot, she does not need a voice. There is NO evident interpreter. Would be interesting to know if there was one. Yes, I know they could have been on a third line or on Zoom.

Also, looking at the background walls and misc. I wonder where MT was? I am sorry WS I still have my doubts she is in the US.
No news is good news. The only thing I want to read/hear about MT is GUILTY.

ETA: She's wearing a GPS monitor.

I am sorry, I question if she really has that GPS on her ankle. I want to know where she is....in the states or flown away?!
Something smells fishy. Like a big goof on the part of the Judge?

jmoo

Appellate Court: Michelle Troconis to stay on GPS monitoring | News Break

Oct 7, 2020

STAMFORD — Michelle Troconis will remain on GPS monitoring as she faces charges in the death and disappearance of Jennifer Dulos, the state Appellate Court ruled this week.

The Appellate Court denied the request after Senior Assistant State’s Attorney Ronald Weller filed an 11-page brief opposing the removal of the GPS monitor. In his filing, Weller cited Superior Court Judge John Blawie denying the same request during an Aug. 28 hearing.

ETA: Any local want to contact R Weller's office for confirmation that MT is wearing her GPS monitor and has not fled? I'm pretty sure they would know for certain. :)

Here's the Appellate Court Order (It also applies to the other two petitions by Schoenhorn:
APPELLATE COURT STATE OF CONNECTICUT FST CR19-0148553-T FST CR19-0167364-T FST CR20-0241178-T STATE OF CONNECTICUT v. MICHELLE C. TROCONIS OCTOBER 5, 2020 O R D E R THE PETITION OF THE DEFENDANT, FILED SEPTEMBER 28, 2020,

FOR REVIEW OF NONFINANCIAL CONDITIONS OF RELEASE, HAVING BEEN PRESENTED TO THE COURT, IT IS HEREBY O R D E R E D REVIEW IS GRANTED, BUT THE RELIEF REQUESTED THEREIN IS DENIED. BY THE COURT, /S/ RENE L. ROBERTSON

You search by name at the following link.
Supreme/Appellate Case Look-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member