Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I copied/pasted directly from the article I attached. Maybe there are a few reports of who said what? idk...

ETA: Video should be up soon, so I guess we'll see...
No problem with reporters -- just that OP left out an important sentence preceding the mic drop! --Motion denied.

JLS is shameless. He didn't ask for his client to be accommodated with the temporary relocation of her GPS monitor to another part of her body to enable her to wear a ski boot, he motioned that the GPS ankle monitor requirement be removed, period!

I think MT should thank DA Colangelo and Judge Blawie for saving her. I think JLS forgot he needs to do the "lawyering," again. :)

MOO

Glad the prosecution called JS's fishing expedition today for what it was.
Having no defense for his client, JS is now just poking around, filing motions and prodding to try to draw out the prosecution's strategy (as NP had tried earlier).

So today JS scored that KM will be a witness for the prosecution. Big news, huh, after nearly 2 hours of testimony to LE (most recent report, earlier reporting timed KM's jailhouse at 3 hours) that JS already has in hand, like we could not have guessed that. Did he think they were just going to throw KMs testimony away?

Attempts to probe around further were met with a great line from Cummings:

Cummings, however, argued the state does not need to “go into more detail” than is required.

“The state does not need to hold (Schoenhorn’s) hand and explain our case to him,” Cummings argued. “He needs to do his own legwork and build his own case.”
Prosecutor: Co-defendant Kent Mawhinney to testify in Jennifer Dulos case

Of course, JS has shown once again that he has no case to build, which is why he's trying to whine about procedure. And do everything he can to get the GPS tracker off.
Can't wait to see the prosecution lay out their case at trial....if MT doesn't cave (or cut off her monitor) before that.

MOO

Perhaps, JS is Dyslexic or is 'Challenged' in some way.

Dog Bite cases are usually simple and straightforward.

Murder Cases, Not So Much.

He has been Disorganized from Day 1.

Consistently informing the Court that he has Not had time to read the Arrest Warrants and the Search Warrants.

Consistently informing the Court that he is Not Prepared to present Motions in Court and/or to Argue them.

How Much Time Does He Need?

Learning disabilities, Do present challenges. However, you cannot place Your responsibilities on the opposing team.

The Prosecution has the Exact Same Discovery and yet, They do NOT ask JS to Organize it For them.

The Prosecution is NOT Required to Show Their case to the Defense.

The Prosecution is Only Required to hand over the Discovery. NOT make the case For the Defense.

What Each side does with Discovery, is up to Each side.

IMO.

I think it is alphabetical by last name. My last name is a V. I never show up in boxes during larger meetings. I cannot see the screen in the photo. Can anyone tell if it looks alphabetical? MOO

Oh, my gosh! What are they doing? Those settings can be changed and should for such a case. You can have more than 10 videos as well or some people who are not the defendant can turn off their cameras. Of course, maybe it’s all videoed in the recording but we can’t all see it in the live event. Or not. MOO.

Cummings is my new hero!

Limited video in the attached, but there IS video...
Woman charged in missing mother case faces judge again

DITTO!!!

So, Marisela IS the MT on the screen. Mother Or Sister? I highly Doubt either would be required to show their face.

IMO, MT wanted her Mother or Sister to be Number 9 and that would make MT Number 10, Off Screen. The letters Ma coming before Mi in the alphabet.

That Would afford her the opportunity to Not be Seen by the Public and Press, but ALL the Players ON the Zoom call, Did have the Ability to SEE Her. Just not the media and subsequently us.

Each person has the ability to adjust their Zoom setting to allow for different variations on Their own device.

The Court Room Monitor was most likely set at the setting of 9 to allow for those in the court room to properly observe.

Please, Please, Please, Someone tell me, that MT was NOT allowed to be Number 10 just so she did not have to be seen by the Public.

The participants seem in somewhat of an alphabetical order. In my Zoom experience, (which is a LOT, these days) the Settings can be set to show the Current Speaking Person in the middle. As each person speaks, they move to the center of the screen. To avoid this, I guarantee MT had herself on Mute so as to not 'accidentally' have some noise from her device move her to the middle of the screen.

Has anyone seen a video of the Zoom participates as they take turns speaking? The settings Could be set for No moving of the participants when they speak, so it would be interesting to see If they did not move to the middle.

IMO.

DITTO!!!

So, Marisela IS the MT on the screen. Mother Or Sister? I highly Doubt either would be required to show their face.

IMO, MT wanted her Mother or Sister to be Number 9 and that would make MT Number 10, Off Screen. The letters Ma coming before Mi in the alphabet.

That Would afford her the opportunity to Not be Seen by the Public and Press, but ALL the Players ON the Zoom call, Did have the Ability to SEE Her. Just not the media and subsequently us.

Each person has the ability to adjust their Zoom setting to allow for different variations on Their own device.

The Court Room Monitor was most likely set at the setting of 9 to allow for those in the court room to properly observe.

Please, Please, Please, Someone tell me, that MT was NOT allowed to be Number 10 just so she did not have to be seen by the Public.

The participants seem in somewhat of an alphabetical order. In my Zoom experience, (which is a LOT, these days) the Settings can be set to show the Current Speaking Person in the middle. As each person speaks, they move to the center of the screen. To avoid this, I guarantee MT had herself on Mute so as to not 'accidentally' have some noise from her device move her to the middle of the screen.

Has anyone seen a video of the Zoom participates as they take turns speaking? The settings Could be set for No moving of the participants when they speak, so it would be interesting to see If they did not move to the middle.

IMO.

I haven’t looked here but yes, the video can be set to show the speaker (usually larger). MOO.

Jan 21, 2021 - JLS filed motion requesting MT's requirement for wearing GPS ankle monitor terminated because her monitor is not "waterproof." Judge DENIED the motion today.

Last edited:
Oh, my gosh! What are they doing? Those settings can be changed and should for such a case. You can have more than 10 videos as well or some people who are not the defendant can turn off their cameras. Of course, maybe it’s all videoed in the recording but we can’t all see it in the live event. Or not. MOO.

Actually, people Can be blacked out on screen and still be within the pre-set number of those On the screen.

Example - Marisela IS blacked out but still shows within the 9 because it is alphabetical by device name.

Device name Can be changed to put someone in a certain position.

However, with this group of participants, Michelle Troconis IS the last person on the totem pole and therefore Off screen in a pre-set 9 configuration. Even without any manipulation of her device name.

Remember, the Pre-set 9 configuration Is ONLY on the Court Room Monitor.

Everyone else can set their own configuration for their own device to SEE Everyone and it does Not matter what the configuration is on the Court Room Monitor.

They can even set their own device to only show the current speaker.

IMO.

Last edited:
I haven’t looked here but yes, the video can be set to show the speaker (usually larger). MOO.

I know it Can be. I am just wondering If it was set to Move the Current speaker to the Middle of the screen. Not be the Only person on the screen. Just moved to the middle.

It looks that way to me. However, I have only seen a clip that does not confirm that observation. Therefore I was asking if anyone had seen more of the proceeding to know differently.

IMO.

Mawhinney To Testify Against Troconis In Jennifer Dulos Case

Feb 2, 2021

The prosecutor dropped the news Tuesday during a virtual hearing before Superior Court Judge John Blawie in which Troconis' attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, argued he has yet to receive all the evidentiary materials from Mawhinney's interrogation by state police that aided his release from custody.

"Did he sing for his supper, to use an old phrase?" Schoenhorn asked.

Cummings, while not responding directly to Schoenhorn's rhetorical question, said that Mawhinney's testimony would be just one element of the state's case against Troconis. But Cummings was quick to add that Mawhinney is not considered to be the state's "star witness."

[..]

Schoenhorn is seeking to have the charges against his client dropped, in part because he claimed in a motion that the "warrant for arrest was false or recklessly disregarded the truth, and was derived from illegally obtained information."

Additionally, Schoenhorn again argued to have the GPS tracking device removed from Troconis' ankle, arguing that his client has worn it for more than a year and half, and she has "proven that she follows directions" concerning her release on bond.

[..]

On Tuesday, Blawie again denied the request, stressing that wearing the monitoring device has not impacted her ability to work. The judge, however, said that he would allow Troconis to wear a GPS tracking device on her wrist instead, if the state's probation department offers such technology.

Troconis has been charged three times in the case, having been arrested twice on tampering charges and once on conspiracy to commit murder, and prosecutors are trying to join all the cases into one. The state argues, in part, that the cases have cross-admissible evidence.

[..]

Blawie has not yet ruled on the state's motion but will soon, he said.

Troconis' next court appearance was not yet scheduled; Mawhinney's next court appearance is set for April 5.

@Niner

Wondering what the color photograph KM was shown by LE during his meeting was- JS mentioned in his motion back in December that he wanted a copy. Knowing KM will be testifying for the defense makes this more interesting...
MOO

Okay @sds71 - so here is what I have for next hearings:

MT - 3/16/21 for #0148553T - the 3rd charge of tampering. Going to assume the other 2 cases will be on the same date.

KM - Murder - on 4/5
KM - Divorce assault - 3/4
KM - Violation of protective order 4/26

Is this correct? TIA! :)

Wondering what the color photograph KM was shown by LE during his meeting was- JS mentioned in his motion back in December that he wanted a copy. Knowing KM will be testifying for the defense makes this more interesting...
MOO
Huh? Really interested in your question...though also need some context. Any links to you can share? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces