Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the search was done completely at the behest of Jennifer's family, would LE have been there?

I can see WHY Jennifer's family would one last thorough search before it's sold, but for LE to be there, THEY HAD TO HAVE A SEARCH WARRANT. Right? Which means probable cause. And probable cause ISN'T we just want to check. Probable cause isn't a gut feeling or a couldbe. Probable cause isn't, we think he was there all afternoon so we just kinda wanta dig it all up. Probable cause means convincing a judge you have a solid reason to be there, it's not a fishing expedition, you have target areas.

For all we know, MT or KM may have walked that yard a few days ago. Girded by LE and sporting a borrowed FBI jacket and cap.

I just hope strong evidence was collected so Jennifer's loved ones can bring her home and those involved in the plot to destroy her can face sentencing.

I vote for two LWOPs.

If the search was done completely at the behest of Jennifer's family, would LE have been there?

I can see WHY Jennifer's family would one last thorough search before it's sold, but for LE to be there, THEY HAD TO HAVE A SEARCH WARRANT. Right? Which means probable cause. And probable cause ISN'T we just want to check. Probable cause isn't a gut feeling or a couldbe. Probable cause isn't, we think he was there all afternoon so we just kinda wanta dig it all up. Probable cause means convincing a judge you have a solid reason to be there, it's not a fishing expedition, you have target areas.

For all we know, MT or KM may have walked that yard a few days ago. Girded by LE and sporting a borrowed FBI jacket and cap.

I just hope strong evidence was collected so Jennifer's loved ones can bring her home and those involved in the plot to destroy her can face sentencing.

I vote for two LWOPs.

I really, really hope that you are right about LE being there with a warrant-because they might have permission from the bank to do it without one. I am just concerned that they are searching NOW because they don’t want to have to get a warrant later to search when the house belongs to some other private individual, who will require that they get one. It does seem to me, though, that KM must have given them something good that the authorities can rely on, or they would’ve never lowered his bond and let him out of jail, especially after what happened to fD last January.

I really, really hope that you are right about LE being there with a warrant-because they might have permission from the bank to do it without one. I am just concerned that they are searching NOW because they don’t want to have to get a warrant later to search when the house belongs to some other private individual, who will require that they get one. It does seem to me, though, that KM must have given them something good that the authorities can rely on, or they would’ve never lowered his bond and let him out of jail, especially after what happened to fD last January.
Exactly. The circumstances of KM getting out the way he did seem like there was some sort of deal struck. I'm just not sure why they waited so long to follow up on it if it's related to 80MS.

Question - I know they answer SHOULD be yes, but would the bank let LE dig all over property that is about to be sold? I would assume it would lower the value, right?

Exactly. The circumstances of KM getting out the way he did seem like there was some sort of deal struck. I'm just not sure why they waited so long to follow up on it if it's related to 80MS.

Question - I know they answer SHOULD be yes, but would the bank let LE dig all over property that is about to be sold? I would assume it would lower the value, right?

Well, I was wondering that myself; obviously, any damage that is done must need to be made right-certainly if they dug up the septic system, it would have to be fixed, or any breaking of concrete...I don’t know who would have to fix it, but I am sure it would need to be put back the way it was, in good working order, and all holes filled in.

I vote for two LWOPs.
No search warrant needed, they got consent to search the property.

Sale is listed as “contingent” which could be any multitude of matters unrelated to the case, but could also have something to do with the search.

Investigators got consent to search the property, which has a contingent sale, before the title transferred to a new owner.
State police comment on actions at former Dulos property in Farmington as search for Jennifer Dulos continues | fox61.com

@MarissaAlter
Attorney Jon Schoenhorn has filed new motions in the Michelle Troconis case, including one that asks the court to dismiss the charges against her.
Schoenhorn’s second motion again asks for her GPS ankle monitor to be removed. That’s something the judge previously denied when he did modify her bond release conditions.
The third motion filed is a motion to compel and regards the interview co-defendant Kent Mawhinney gave to state police this fall right before his bond was reduced and he got out of jail. Schoenhorn attached this picture to the motion.
@News12CT
https://twitter.com/MarissaAlter/status/1352306642952581120/photo/1

Last edited:
Marissa Alter@MarissaAlter

BREAKING: Attorney Jon Schoenhorn has filed new motions in the Michelle Troconis case, including one that asks the court to dismiss the charges against her.
@News12CT

9:17 AM · Jan 21, 2021

Replying to
@MarissaAlter
Schoenhorn’s second motion again asks for her GPS ankle monitor to be removed. That’s something the judge previously denied when he did modify her bond release conditions.
@News12CT

9:19 AM · Jan 21, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to
@MarissaAlter
The third motion filed is a motion to compel and regards the interview co-defendant Kent Mawhinney gave to state police this fall right before his bond was reduced and he got out of jail. Schoenhorn attached this picture to the motion.
@News12CT

9:26 AM · Jan 21, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Last edited:
EsRbuK9XMAIUf54

Kent Mawhinney w/ Police

"The third motion filed is a motion to compel and regards the interview co-defendant Kent Mawhinney gave to state police this fall right before his bond was reduced and he got out of jail. Schoenhorn attached this picture to the motion."

https://twitter.com/MarissaAlter/status/1352306642952581120

Okay, I want to make sure I understand this development.

First motion, wants charges dropped.

Second motion, wants the ankle bracelet off (which sounds like they know the first motion will fail).

Third motion, they want to know what KM said to LE? Is that correct?

Motions
Mama wants to ski

Attachments

• E873F05C-14CF-453D-94D0-897E69FFF8EB.jpeg
    E873F05C-14CF-453D-94D0-897E69FFF8EB.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 71DAB03D-1982-4DE3-8EB8-3A87602E9BD1.jpeg
    71DAB03D-1982-4DE3-8EB8-3A87602E9BD1.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 134
  • DE019A81-5EF2-431A-9DA1-6B0FE3D39BE2.jpeg
    DE019A81-5EF2-431A-9DA1-6B0FE3D39BE2.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 651113B9-81D5-4790-B841-55713C0041B8.jpeg
    651113B9-81D5-4790-B841-55713C0041B8.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 123
  • D78FCFD5-4FD4-4549-96C0-CE0FD1E0C379.jpeg
    D78FCFD5-4FD4-4549-96C0-CE0FD1E0C379.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 104
  • BCC736F9-4721-4E04-AF63-71E186D8D4FB.jpeg
    BCC736F9-4721-4E04-AF63-71E186D8D4FB.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 89
  • F6D3DC70-DBD7-47AD-BA3E-26141ED08272.jpeg
    F6D3DC70-DBD7-47AD-BA3E-26141ED08272.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 76

Second motion, wants the ankle bracelet off (which sounds like they know the first motion will fail).

Yeah, it sounds like it. Marissa Alter explains it a little further in her tweets.

1. Here’s Attorney Jon Schoenhorn’s motion asking for Michelle Troconis’ charges to be dropped and for other relief. | https://twitter.com/MarissaAlter/status/1352310676220473349

2. Here’s the motion to remove Troconis’ GPS ankle monitor. Schoenhorn previously requested this among multiple bond release modifications. While others were granted, the GPS request was not. | https://twitter.com/MarissaAlter/status/1352311265377529862

3. Here’s the third motion which focuses on what co-defendant Kent Mawhinney told state police in the fall. Shortly after, Mawhinney’s bond was reduced and he got out of jail for the first time since his arrest Jan. 7, 2020. | https://twitter.com/MarissaAlter/status/1352311807076085761

Yes, sounds like that's it. A coincidence after yesterday. I think not. She wants that ankle bracelet off so she can run.

I just had a thought that sort of bothers me-If they are just poking around with the excavator and GPR machine with no actual knowlege that Jennifer is there someplace, then what that tells both KM and MT, is that the authorities have no idea what really happened to her, and that they now have LESS to worry about, rather than more. So I actually wish this had been done quietly (as if it really could’ve!), so those two didn’t know about it. Think of it-suppose at least one of them knows where she really ended up, but see the authorities digging up a yard where she isn’t-wouldn’t you feel better about the case they have against you? And if both of them know, then MT says to herself “great-Kent didn’t give them anything that can really hurt me”.

I had the same thought and it sickens me to think it.

At the same time, the "just in case search" sends the message that those looking for JFD will leave no stone unturned. If JFD's remains are findable, those interested in finding her aren't easily giving up. Not because of past failure. Not because of COVID. Not because two villains aren't coughing it up.

So, best deal goes to the villain who helps find her first.

IMO, Attorney JLS does NOT want to appear for another hearing without knowing what happened to reduce KM's bond and get him out of jail (without a hearing). He's very antsy -- all the rest of his motions are repeats. I also think investigators are still working with KM -- he obviously wants immunity, and I doubt the DA wants to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd