Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the thread reference, I will go back and refresh!
NP's bravado in full play with the willingness to be interviewed by LE :rolleyes:
Who is MR? I am blanking on who that might be based on all of the names involved o_O

As for the quote coming from Humphrey, my statement still stands that Rochlin & Co remain aligned with Humphrey in current cases. It's like a formula for him and I would've hoped that the Judges had learned from Jennifer's case. MOO

Edited to add: Wasn't there speculation or reporting that NP was no longer 'of counsel' to FD in the divorce because he spoke about the report publicly? MOO

Never mind about MR...
"According to Pattis, Fotis Dulos’ prior lawyer in the divorce, Michael Rose, says Fotis Dulos stole the document from him. Pattis says Rose left the document at Fotis Dulos’ house."
Lawyer: 'Michelle knows' where Fotis was when Jennifer Dulos disappeared
Thanks for the links @sds71!

Never mind about MR...
"According to Pattis, Fotis Dulos’ prior lawyer in the divorce, Michael Rose, says Fotis Dulos stole the document from him. Pattis says Rose left the document at Fotis Dulos’ house."
Lawyer: 'Michelle knows' where Fotis was when Jennifer Dulos disappeared
Thanks for the links @sds71!

The reexamination of the family study, reminds how anxious MT and Mama A are to get their hands on their other computer that LE has in its possession.

I sincerely hope that LE has been very cautious in "returning" those devices....JMO, IMOO

Also of note, it was not Herman who found FD to be “gregarious and confident” but another, court-appointed psychiatrist, Stephen Humphrey.
^^sbm
Thanks for the correction on Humphrey vs Herman. I recall thinking at the time I first read his quote that I thought this guy was introduced in the story by defense only because Herman's report was under court seal! If the strategy was to confuse the reader, it worked! (The story was supposed to be about Herman leaving the stand, and the court hearing deemed a mistrial).

OK, I need to erase Humphrey from my brain, again. :D

Last edited:
Introducing a different perspective about what is going on with JS bizarre approach, and what appears to be a delusional and deficient defense strategy on the part of MT.

I do not think the JFD family wants this to go to trial. It would be devastatingly painful and public for the children, and JFD wanted nothing more than for her kids to be loved and nurtured. It was when FD threatened to take them and told her that he had plane tickets and Greek passport appointments for July 1 that she ultimately escaped with them, two weeks before. With both parents dead in this way, the children do not need to relive the trauma, and listen to their mother be dragged through the mud by MTs attorney. These circumstances lean heavily on trying to broker a plea deal, especially now that FD is dead. Colangelo has basically given an open invitation, broadcast on national television for a deal in return for cooperation.

THIS is why Mama A. banters about the psych report constantly. Reminding the JFD family that they have it and will make it (and whatever “damaging” information is in there) public and on the record. Who knows, MT and family may even be so cruel and mean spirited that if there is something in there where the JFD kids said they liked MT, they are willing to use that as a weapon. Which would be psychologically terrible for those kids if something like that would come out during a murder trial for their mother, right. (Just speculating here, not saying this is in the report at all. But clearly Mama A is using that report as a weapon).

There are three families with kids involved here. KM likely realizes also that a trial that publicly hashes out all of his sordid acts and connections with FD will also be traumatic for his children, who are already estranged now. He has probably wised up and with his knowledge of the legal system recognized he better make a deal because rolling the dice on a trial could lose him everything.

But MT is taking a different route, willing to gamble and shoring up her own “family” defense which is well underway in social media, dress rehearsal for the trial. It’s JFDs family and friends against hers, and she’s using her over the top “family” show to rub in the face of the JFD family, to let them know she’s fully ready to drag JFD through the mud at trial. If they want to take her down, she’ll take JFD down with her, the wellbeing of the 5 kids be damned (because secretly, the 5 kids were always the barrier to MT becoming queen. Even after she helped cover up for FD and the police were on their trail, she was upset that he hadn’t told her he ate dinner with the kids in the backyard and that Grace Farms was closed! It was because of his kids that the divorce was so protracted, taking FDs time and attention away from MT, and she was specifically spurned in the visitation arrangement, a constant reminder of her second hand status to JFD, who remained the center of FDs life if only in rage.)
So MT isn’t buying into any shared responsibility “for the good of the families” to cooperate. After all, MT uses her daughter as a trophy rather than protecting her from the s@#show that her mother is starring in.

That is, unless a plea deal would let her off completely, she suggests with a sly smile (the one we’ve seen in so many of her social media photos) in return for all her “time served” under ankle bracelet punishment. Which is why we see JS filing motions and appeals positing the ankle bracelet as a form of unconstitutional punishment, punishment that harms MTs family and specifically her child.
So she can somehow count that as pennance to avoid prison, because we know what happened when MT got just a little taste of prison, we saw her in her yellow frock and matching wide leg drawstring pants being hauled off to Stamford Hospital having a health emergency after just a tiny preview of her future life in the slammer. “Big house” took on a whole new meaning during those days- And we’re not talking washing windows at 80MS. So yes, we’ve seen MT freak out before, but right now she’s using the “family” show to feel around for any leverage she might be able to hold out for a deal that will get her off easy.

To feel around for this, they start with motions for the ankle monitor, and then they move on to dropping the charges completely. Every now and then JS tests the water with a motion to drop the charges for some asinine reason, to see how the state and the court responds. When they bear down in response, a “family friend” (which we know is Mama A) brings out the psych report again. Subtly suggesting that sure they’re ready to play ball to protect the kids, but here’s what’s at stake.

And then MT family posts repeatedly religious imagery and prayers, in a tradition where forgiveness and reconciliation are possible in the eyes of the church, not only in hope on her behalf, but also as part of their strategy. After all, MT and JFD were both victims of the same evil man, in the T family book, and so perhaps the best way to resolve this for the good of all families would be to forgive MT. She never should have trusted FD (and nor should have JFD, the subliminal message).
And that foregivenss would come in the form of a plea deal that lets MT off with ankle-time served and nothing else. Which is way too low a bar for anyone on the other side at this point, I imagine.

Not that I believe that MT has a lot to bargain with, like the location of the body, but she does perhaps have information that could be helpful in filling in some of the questions the family might have. And she has that psych report of course.

So I think that JS is setting up some sort of stalemate, knowing that a plea would be preferable to protect the 5 kids from a trial (and that MT is willing to subject her own daughter to an ugly public trial if it comes to that) and that’s the bargaining chip he’s going to play until one side calls the bluff.

I know this is a different take on the situation than is mainstream here, but seeing last week that the JFD family wants to avoid the publicity that would be involved in getting JFD declared legally dead by the courts reinforced the thought that the biggest hope on their side is that this case as well gets settled with a plea rather than a big public media spectacle. And MT knows that, which explains what seem to be bizarre motions on the part of JS.

MOO, with a very heavy dose of speculation, of course.

I see much of this but I don’t think that JFD’s kids would hear all the details and if so, they have professionals and GF to help them through it. Avoiding a trial won’t shut the MT family up from trying to make JFD sound bad—. I am sure GF knows that only too well. Blackmailers never stop and people who threaten to use leverage over someone else (much like a blackmailer, indeed) never stop, either, in MOO. One way or another they will release the report—or worse, they’ll insinuate or make up lies about it. If it were me, I’d rather have it done in court and hope MT is convicted as she should be. I have no idea of this but I can see JFD’s kids wanting MT to be held accountable. They are by all accounts sweet and living but they also, I feel sure, have JFD’s and GF’s strength as well. Look how GF and the kids have handled all of this: quietly without the verbal diarrhea of MT and her family and determinedly staying in it for the long haul. Just MOO.

I absolutely love hearing perspectives on why MT & clan behave the way they do, especially when it comes to social media, so I appreciate you sharing your speculation on this one. So much so that as I was reading I couldn't wait to get to the next sentence to see if it clicked.

One thought that came immediately is what is to stop MT & clan on clearing her name with that report after such a plea? Nothing in my mind would stop them or will ever stop them from trying to put Michi on a pedestal, not even her own child.

While I got a similar feeling after reading the probate court response about JFD's family not wanting a trial, I also got the feeling that they didn't want to soil the actual trial with an early evidentiary hearing-nor give JLS an advantage for the big one by allowing this to go on. It was 2000% a class act on JFD's family's part which to me also sent a loud message to MT & clan.

I don't think any family wants to go through the trial of their murdered loved one, though I do believe there is a strong desire for justice to honor the life and memory of those needlessly deceased. Jennifer mattered. Short of MT pointing LE to her remains, I personally don't believe a plea deal is on the table. Fd will never be tried for Jennifer's death, so anything MT could offer now to tack onto his guilt wouldn't help the State or the family at this point, and that is why I believe it has to be remains or bust on the plea deal.

The 48 hours statement Colangelo made on being open to a plea isn't his first. I recall him saying the same statement or something strikingly similar in an interview with a local network last year. Will take some digging, though I can visually see that interview in my head.

I also can't give MT & clan that much credit for being smart in formulating this plan. Keep in mind that although they are never shy about victim shaming Jennifer, the majority of their psych report mentions happened a year ago and are being regurgitated now.

I also sense that you may be giving KM too much credit. It would make sense that an imprisoned attorney would find some clarity while sitting in jail for ten months, but not KM. My bet would be that he is back to being sloppy, and in his own narcissistic mind, his knowledge of the law will get him out of anything. His now ex-wife filed an emergency motion in the dissolution case sometime in the last month, and while the contents are not public, it doesn't leave the impression that he is a humbled man looking to be cooperative on any level.

So while I believe Jennifer's family may not want a trial, I think they are limiting how many hearings there will be to attract publicity that also undermine LE's efforts. I also don't believe that the State can or would forego the opportunity to prosecute parties responsible for the murder of a citizen in their state.

I believe MT & clan are grasping onto the only thing they can, their ruthless tactics and stroking MT to be as comfortable as possible until she goes to the 'Big House'. While they may be comfortable in their current state of denial, I believe they ultimately know she's going.

MOO

Dang it! I just tried to say what you said here in a post and didn’t do it a fraction as effectively as you have here! :( I wish I’d read your post first because then I’d just have said, “I agree!” I DO agree! :)

Speaking of MT’s family being front and center at trying to rehabilitate MT’s image, I wonder why her twin brother hasn’t joined in their wishful thinking. MOO.

I always thought he was twin A or B and died in utero because her sisters only mention him on national sibling day or when they joined the twin mom club -no pictures of him are on any of their accounts.
He isn’t mentioned in his grandfather’s obituary.
Most children that predecease their grandparents are.
MOO

I always thought he was twin A or B and died in utero because her sisters only mention him on national sibling day or when they joined the twin mom club -no pictures of him are on any of their accounts.
He isn’t mentioned in his grandfather’s obituary.
Most children that predecease their grandparents are.
MOO

I see! I knew I’d heard she had a brother and had said things about him but it also always seemed unclear to me about that. Oh, yes, right about how obituaries generally include the names of those family members who predeceased them. It seems strange that he wasn’t mentioned since he had a name but who knows why that was! I always felt it was like he vanished since MT talked about him, I know, but then he wasn’t seen like in court with the other siblings.I was thinking about estrangement or him being an alter ego or maybe he changed his gender and name. MOO. Thank you, as always, @sds71! You are a fount of information! :)

Marilyn Manson’s former partner will join friends of Jennifer Dulos, survivors and national experts voicing support Wednesday for “Jennifer's Law,” a bill that would expand the definition of domestic violence to include coercive control…
Carrie Luft, a close friend of Jennifer Dulos and the spokesperson for Jennifer Dulos’ family, will also be among those testifying on Wednesday.

“Intimate partner violence affects all genders and cuts across the socioeconomic spectrum. This bill is a critical step toward a larger shift,” Luft said in her written testimony submitted before the hearing. “By changing the language of domestic violence to include coercive control, we can change the law. By changing language we can also change the discussion, and, I hope, change the story. Jennifer Farber Dulos would have wanted to do everything in her power to help others in abusive situations to live free from fear. As her friend I urge the Connecticut state legislature to pass this bill.”
Marilyn Manson's former partner Evan Rachel Wood to testify in support of Jennifer Dulos law

Thanks for the thread reference, I will go back and refresh!
NP's bravado in full play with the willingness to be interviewed by LE :rolleyes:
Who is MR? I am blanking on who that might be based on all of the names involved o_O

As for the quote coming from Humphrey, my statement still stands that Rochlin & Co remain aligned with Humphrey in current cases. It's like a formula for him and I would've hoped that the Judges had learned from Jennifer's case. MOO

Edited to add: Wasn't there speculation or reporting that NP was no longer 'of counsel' to FD in the divorce because he spoke about the report publicly? MOO
Pattis loves to talk openly about his cases. Here's his latest--advising cops to shoot to kill, rather than beat anyone up.
Says no one can question them about killing.

Caught On Tape: Officer Beating Suspect

"The state deciding to prosecute in this instance sends a paradoxical message to police officers," Norm Pattis, Lawlor's attorney, said. "That is, in close cases you're better off shooting to kill because when you do that, no one can raise questions thereafter about what your conduct was and you keep your job."

Haaaaaaaa. After what Dr. Herman had to say about Mr. Confident and Gregarious FD, I wouldn't be surprised if he insinuated similar mother-of-the-year vibes about MT! :rolleyes:

There's a reason JLS and MT want the invalid, sealed, psychological evaluation prepared for custody purposes made available to them! MOO

MT's minions and the the family report are ridiculous in believing that Dr. Herman could have made a valid assessment of MT as a mother to the 5 FD children. According to court records and directives, MT did not have any contact with these children after November 2018. And, the contacts in 2018 were limited to November 2018 and January to mid-February 2018 about 6 weeks in late 2017. (And ended because FD lied about violating a court order concerning the mid-November 2017 date when visitations were to resume. And, he lied about trying to get the kids to lie about other things including that their mother said she hired the Mafia to break his legs.)

How could anyone, let alone a court-appointed psychologist, make any kind of assessment of MT's mothering skills for the FD children based on her parenting of one child that was her own from a previous one-night stand in Miami (as stated in MT's quest for child support in 2013)???

Just keep SMH....MOO...IMO

MT's minions and the the family report are ridiculous in believing that Dr. Herman could have made a valid assessment of MT as a mother to the 5 FD children. According to court records and directives, MT did not have any contact with these children after November 2018. And, the contacts in 2018 were limited to November 2018 and January to mid-February 2018 about 6 weeks in late 2017. (And ended because FD lied about violating a court order concerning the mid-November 2017 date when visitations were to resume. And, he lied about trying to get the kids to lie about other things including that their mother said she hired the Mafia to break his legs.)

How could anyone, let alone a court-appointed psychologist, make any kind of assessment of MT's mothering skills for the FD children based on her parenting of one child that was her own from a previous one-night stand in Miami (as stated in MT's quest for child support in 2013)???

Just keep SMH....MOO...IMO

....Which brings us back to JLS argument for seeking a copy of the report: JLS alleges that MT was interviewed by Dr. Herman and therefore entitled to a copy of the report.
Given the facts by OP (MT's limited contact) why would Dr. Herman interview MT? More billable hours?

It is ridiculous!

....Which brings us back to JLS argument for seeking a copy of the report: JLS alleges that MT was interviewed by Dr. Herman and therefore entitled to a copy of the report.
Given the facts by OP (MT's limited contact) why would Dr. Herman interview MT? More billable hours?

It is ridiculous!

I think JLS may have a copy of the report; I think he just wants the official sanction to spew it publicly. He absolutely knows what is in it, because the whole Troconis family knows. Remenber Mama A and her little chicks nodding their heads violently when the report was discussed with JS? They all know what it says, and it is to be used to discredit the victim-there isn’t any way that it helps MT fight the charges against her. All it is supposed to do is put both women in the mud, and not just MT. As if that makes her more innocent.

I was reading the above posts. I would hate for Jennifer’s children to have to go to trial or hear anything brought out in trial. The sad part, when MT is convicted and sentenced, she and her family will fight the results for years and years. Jennifer’s children and family will be part of that fight and hear it all no matter what. There is no way to protect the children. Limit what they hear now but in the end they will hear it all. I wish it was not so.
Moo

Erica Schwedel, Jennifer Dulos’s next-door neighbor, said she “knew Jennifer as a gracious neighbor, as a kind person, and most of all as a loving mother to her five young children.”

“Tragically, Connecticut’s laws were not strong enough to protect her from harm when she took courageous action to move to New Canaan to start anew . . . many of us will carry the scars of losing her,” she said.

Schwedel said it was not apparent that Dulos was a victim of domestic violence.

“I did not know until she was gone what lay underneath,” she added. “She was such a strong person to make the move out and to recognize the situation she was in was unhealthy for herself and unhealthy for her children. I just feel the loss of the tragedy — that even somebody who was so strong, who made all the right moves and did all the right things still wasn’t able to protect herself and ultimately isn’t able to be there for her children going forward. And that’s just deeply sad.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...-in-hearing-connected-to-jennifer-dulos-case/

Erica Schwedel, Jennifer Dulos’s next-door neighbor, said she “knew Jennifer as a gracious neighbor, as a kind person, and most of all as a loving mother to her five young children.”

“Tragically, Connecticut’s laws were not strong enough to protect her from harm when she took courageous action to move to New Canaan to start anew . . . many of us will carry the scars of losing her,” she said.

Schwedel said it was not apparent that Dulos was a victim of domestic violence.

“I did not know until she was gone what lay underneath,” she added. “She was such a strong person to make the move out and to recognize the situation she was in was unhealthy for herself and unhealthy for her children. I just feel the loss of the tragedy — that even somebody who was so strong, who made all the right moves and did all the right things still wasn’t able to protect herself and ultimately isn’t able to be there for her children going forward. And that’s just deeply sad.”

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...-in-hearing-connected-to-jennifer-dulos-case/

Wow-this made me so sad.

Wow-this made me so sad.

It is so sad and yet so heartwarming to me from the standpoint that here again we have another person who spoke from her heart about JFD’s kindness and as a loving mom to her kids. We’ve heard it over and over again from the start and from people like her friend Carrie Luft who knew her well to people like the principal who saw her in the school dropoff/pickup line and as a regular volunteer at the school, to the movers and on and on. The only people I’ve ever heard of saying negative things like JFD were FD and his family and MT and her family, which is no surprise given their criminal charges related to JFD. But think of how both FD and MT profited from JFD: all along, it was her money and GF’s money that paid for FD and MT to gallivant all over and that paid for the house that FD and MT lived in. I think they both hated JFD because she was something they never could be and I don’t mean rich; I mean that she was liked by so many people who always talk about her being kind, compassionate, and unassuming—and a devoted mom who clearly out her kids, not herself, first. I know she was rich but I’ve never felt that her money was what defined her but instead it was a means to do for her kids and others. I know she was beautiful, too, but that’s never the first thing I think of when I think of her and I’ve noticed that people who knew her in whatever context never talk about her being rich and beautiful; instead, they talk about JFD being kind and caring. (FD, MD, and their cronies are the exceptions to no one’s surprise.) MT especially must have seethed with jealousy (and must still) because she knew and knows she was outclassed (again, I don’t mean in terms of money or high-society standing). I’m not explaining this very well; I just mean that hearing people talk so warmly about JFD makes me sad at the senseless loss and yet so glad that so many people remember her so fondly and genuinely. MOO.

Watched part of the Zoom Hearing/Discussion of Jennifer's Law yesterday. It was heartwarming, saddening, and frustrating as the scope of the implications for the law were discussed.
The following from the Stamford Advocate offers little to clarify how this measure can move forward:

The measure could well have have shielded Jennifer Dulos and countless spouses like her, an overwhelming number of people testifying in the marathon hearing said. It would expand the definition of domestic violence to include several forms of emotional or other abuse.

What is less agreed upon, however, is whether “coercive behavior,” a term widely used by domestic violence advocates and survivors but is undefined by the criminal justice system, should be applied in court as spouses seek protection. The change could bring unwanted, unintended consequences, several people said.

“Coercive control entails power and control over the victim through actions such as isolation, humiliation, intimidation, and domination,” Suzanne Adam, executive director of the Domestic Violence Crisis Center, said at Wednesday’s hearing. “It does not relate to a single incident, but is a purposeful pattern of behavior that takes place over a period of time in order to make the victim dependent on the abuser.”

'Jennifers' Law' draws wide support - and concerns about how it might work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member