Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched part of the Zoom Hearing/Discussion of Jennifer's Law yesterday. It was heartwarming, saddening, and frustrating as the scope of the implications for the law were discussed.
The following from the Stamford Advocate offers little to clarify how this measure can move forward:

The measure could well have have shielded Jennifer Dulos and countless spouses like her, an overwhelming number of people testifying in the marathon hearing said. It would expand the definition of domestic violence to include several forms of emotional or other abuse.

What is less agreed upon, however, is whether “coercive behavior,” a term widely used by domestic violence advocates and survivors but is undefined by the criminal justice system, should be applied in court as spouses seek protection. The change could bring unwanted, unintended consequences, several people said.

“Coercive control entails power and control over the victim through actions such as isolation, humiliation, intimidation, and domination,” Suzanne Adam, executive director of the Domestic Violence Crisis Center, said at Wednesday’s hearing. “It does not relate to a single incident, but is a purposeful pattern of behavior that takes place over a period of time in order to make the victim dependent on the abuser.”

'Jennifers' Law' draws wide support - and concerns about how it might work
I am SO glad you brought this up because I had the same thoughts yesterday. Mostly wondering what will change and how, specifically.

A close friend of mine in CT is still being harassed by her ex-husband and when it was brought to the court, not only did nothing happen, but she came out on the losing end and it was this month! While I hope that this law passes and brings about positive change, I am interested in hearing specific measures that will be taken to create the change needed. This same friend was asked to take part in this law in the beginning, though after reading the original draft, didn't connect with how it would actually change the system. It's something and we're both rooting for it to be an impactful change.

MT and her clan will be starting the charm offensive again, thinking that anything that is positive in the media about JFD, will cast MT in a negative light. It’s really sick and twisted.

I agree. It’s also really ignorant of them because MT already is seen in a negative light, has been for a long time, and will continue to be because of her own actions including her attempts to malign JFD who is the kind, compassionate, devoted mother and the victim of what MT is accused of. It also shows their lack of understanding of basic principles in life and logic; JFD being regarded so positively wouldn’t keep another person from being regarded positively IF that person deserved to be regarded positively. MT’s mud-pit reputation is her own doing. MOO.

MT and her clan will be starting the charm offensive again, thinking that anything that is positive in the media about JFD, will cast MT in a negative light. It’s really sick and twisted.

Does anyone know anything about the judicial system in Venezuela?

More public influence, possibly? The family is doing what they would do at home, in South America? (I did take Poli Sci in college, but that was in the '70's. After Allende "nationalized" copper mines in Chile. More directly, stole the mines from the legal owners.)

Trying to figure out a basis for their strategy. This is overall a group of people with reasonable markers of "adulting." Why is the family behaving in ways that don't make sense to us?

Well, wait, the one sister says next to nothing, posts publicly about every 6 months.
Wait, another sister mostly sticks to religious images, continuing the religious tradition of her childhood.

So some of the family does make sense....

upload_2021-3-25_20-12-23.jpeg

jmho ymmv lrr

More public influence, possibly? The family is doing what they would do at home, in South America? (I did take Poli Sci in college, but that was in the '70's. After Allende "nationalized" copper mines in Chile. More directly, stole the mines from the legal owners.)

Trying to figure out a basis for their strategy. This is overall a group of people with reasonable markers of "adulting." Why is the family behaving in ways that don't make sense to us?

Well, wait, the one sister says next to nothing, posts publicly about every 6 months.
Wait, another sister mostly sticks to religious images, continuing the religious tradition of her childhood.

View attachment 290005

jmho ymmv lrr

After Allende "nationalized" copper mines in Chile. More directly, stole the mines from the legal owners.)

funny you mention mines since between his VP and Minister of Foreign Affairs appointments, her cousin was in charge of the mines.

View attachment 290005

jmho ymmv lrr

I don’t know much about the country but I know things are desperately bad there economically and that many of the country’s ills stem from corruption. Certainly when corruption is all around, there are those who will eagerly go over to that dark side and there are others who won’t because they believe in higher principles—and they probably will be less well off than those who joined the corruption train. I also think that there are people and members of families everywhere including there who are aberrant and abhorrent. Similarly, I feel sure that there are many people and members of families all over the world including there in Venezuela who are kind and compassionate, people who never would act the way we’ve seen MT and her pack act. Sadly, I don’t think this country is immune, either. I absolutely feel that we’ve seen corruption more here in the US in the past years than I ever would have believed previously, and I think it’s like we’ve said before with FD, MT, and their cronies: the corrupt gravitate to and seek out like-minded people and those circles grow larger to the great detriment of innocent people like JFD. Gosh, I’m so full of sunshine and light in this post! Ugh! Sorry, all! MOO.

The remaining victims are the children. During the trial, I'd love to be in the courtroom every day with life-sized cutouts of all the children whose lives are horribly disrupted by the decisions fD, Michelle Troconis, and KM made!

images

image from clipart-library.com

Adults are supposed to protect children. All children, not just the few sharing their genetic material.

Another reason to go ahead & schedule your own COVID-19 vaccine -- a waning pandemic will allow Connecticut to re-open courts and get this awful show on the road to Justice for Jennifer and all the children.

jmho ymmv lrr

It is so sad and yet so heartwarming to me from the standpoint that here again we have another person who spoke from her heart about JFD’s kindness and as a loving mom to her kids. We’ve heard it over and over again from the start and from people like her friend Carrie Luft who knew her well to people like the principal who saw her in the school dropoff/pickup line and as a regular volunteer at the school, to the movers and on and on. The only people I’ve ever heard of saying negative things like JFD were FD and his family and MT and her family, which is no surprise given their criminal charges related to JFD. But think of how both FD and MT profited from JFD: all along, it was her money and GF’s money that paid for FD and MT to gallivant all over and that paid for the house that FD and MT lived in. I think they both hated JFD because she was something they never could be and I don’t mean rich; I mean that she was liked by so many people who always talk about her being kind, compassionate, and unassuming—and a devoted mom who clearly out her kids, not herself, first. I know she was rich but I’ve never felt that her money was what defined her but instead it was a means to do for her kids and others. I know she was beautiful, too, but that’s never the first thing I think of when I think of her and I’ve noticed that people who knew her in whatever context never talk about her being rich and beautiful; instead, they talk about JFD being kind and caring. (FD, MD, and their cronies are the exceptions to no one’s surprise.) MT especially must have seethed with jealousy (and must still) because she knew and knows she was outclassed (again, I don’t mean in terms of money or high-society standing). I’m not explaining this very well; I just mean that hearing people talk so warmly about JFD makes me sad at the senseless loss and yet so glad that so many people remember her so fondly and genuinely. MOO.

Excellent point- I have never heard her described as rich and beautiful, either.

The remaining victims are the children. During the trial, I'd love to be in the courtroom every day with life-sized cutouts of all the children whose lives are horribly disrupted by the decisions fD, Michelle Troconis, and KM made!

images

image from clipart-library.com

Adults are supposed to protect children. All children, not just the few sharing their genetic material.

Another reason to go ahead & schedule your own COVID-19 vaccine -- a waning pandemic will allow Connecticut to re-open courts and get this awful show on the road to Justice for Jennifer and all the children.

jmho ymmv lrr

You are so right, @Laughing, about the kids. I just still can’t understand how those involved in JFD’s murder didn’t think about the pain this awful crime would cause the kids for all their lives! :( If they thought about it, they clearly didn’t care, and that is worse still. Suppose they had “gotten away with it” with no arrests even—a ridiculously ignorant hope of theirs. Were they just going to look JFD’s children in the face like they, the perpetrators, had nothing to do with it? Like it never happened? Did they think the kids would believe that under any circumstances? My God. Did they think they could just say, “Ok, kids, let’s go get some ice cream and forget all about this”?! It’s horrifying. I feel like saying they should have been/should be ashamed but talk about an understatement. :( MOO.

You are so right, @Laughing, about the kids. I just still can’t understand how those involved in JFD’s murder didn’t think about the pain this awful crime would cause the kids for all their lives! :( If they thought about it, they clearly didn’t care, and that is worse still. Suppose they had “gotten away with it” with no arrests even—a ridiculously ignorant hope of theirs. Were they just going to look JFD’s children in the face like they, the perpetrators, had nothing to do with it? Like it never happened? Did they think the kids would believe that under any circumstances? My God. Did they think they could just say, “Ok, kids, let’s go get some ice cream and forget all about this”?! It’s horrifying. I feel like saying they should have been/should be ashamed but talk about an understatement. :( MOO.

Yes, I think that is exactly how it was going to go-that’s what sociopaths do

I recently got an unexpected text notification on my MacBook that is linked to my new iphone and it gave me a chill thinking about how fD may have used forgotten tracking (Find My Friends/Family) on Apple devices for GPS tracking and/or communicating to a larger distribution list of recipients than just the TO/FROM might suggest.

The exact timelines of this case are no longer on the tip of my brain but Diddian's post jogged a lot of precise details that a more diligent sleuth than I can piece together (just wish we have all of MT, fD and KM's cellphone logs and an inventory of FORE Inc. iphones that fD stashed away in his drawer for "employees" and maybe a mami?).

Here is Diddian's great post again. I am happy reading it because the 8:04 am timestamp most certainly can be tracked back to a sender, very likely fD holding a cellphone near Jennifer Dulo's house on May 24th at 8:04 a.m. (my opinion only, speculation, uncorroborated and wishful thinking).

"I am especially interested in that cellphone MT identifies as "Mami's" on MT's cellphone log (provided as an exhibit on one of MT's attorney's recent motions).

Why?

Because MT on her log is indicating that she was communicating with someone she identifies as "Mami" on the other end of that phone fairly continuously on 5/24 from 7:45am through 8:04am.

According to MT's cellphone log:

16 minute outgoing call from 7:45 to 8:01, then

5 sec outgoing call at 8:02, then

2 minute incoming call from 8:02-8:04

That was the exact time frame JFD was dropping the kids off at school the morning she disappeared, and shortly before JFD in her Suburban appears on a neighbor's surveillance returning to 69 Welles Lane. That last incoming call was ended 1 minute before the AW reports the Suburban showed on JFD's neighbor's surveillance.

I don't know about you, but when I consider the implications of that, I feel like I need to vomit.

And now MT's attorney is in court asking for the return of seized devices "belonging" to MT's mother and daughter without providing any helpful identifying information.

P.S. See SW for cell tower records in vicinity of Frogtown Rd from 7:45 to 8:20 am.

Diddian, Feb 12, 2021

#957"

Thank you @Diddian!

I recently got an unexpected text notification on my MacBook that is linked to my new iphone and it gave me a chill thinking about how fD may have used forgotten tracking (Find My Friends/Family) on Apple devices for GPS tracking and/or communicating to a larger distribution list of recipients than just the TO/FROM might suggest.

The exact timelines of this case are no longer on the tip of my brain but Diddian's post jogged a lot of precise details that a more diligent sleuth than I can piece together (just wish we have all of MT, fD and KM's cellphone logs and an inventory of FORE Inc. iphones that fD stashed away in his drawer for "employees" and maybe a mami?).

Here is Diddian's great post again. I am happy reading it because the 8:04 am timestamp most certainly can be tracked back to a sender, very likely fD holding a cellphone near Jennifer Dulo's house on May 24th at 8:04 a.m. (my opinion only, speculation, uncorroborated and wishful thinking).

"I am especially interested in that cellphone MT identifies as "Mami's" on MT's cellphone log (provided as an exhibit on one of MT's attorney's recent motions).

Why?

Because MT on her log is indicating that she was communicating with someone she identifies as "Mami" on the other end of that phone fairly continuously on 5/24 from 7:45am through 8:04am.

That was the exact time frame JFD was dropping the kids off at school the morning she disappeared, and shortly before JFD in her Suburban appears on a neighbor's surveillance returning to 69 Welles Lane. That last incoming call was ended 1 minute before the AW reports the Suburban showed on JFD's neighbor's surveillance.

I don't know about you, but when I consider the implications of that, I feel like I need to vomit.

And now MT's attorney is in court asking for the return of seized devices "belonging" to MT's mother and daughter without providing any helpful identifying information.

P.S. See SW for cell tower records in vicinity of Frogtown Rd from 7:45 to 8:20 am.

Diddian, Feb 12, 2021

#957"

Thank you @Diddian!
Even as LE techniques for gathering and analyzing data from all the electronics we use in our homes, vehicles, and on our persons are becoming more and more sophisticated in investigating and solving crimes, it is frightening how much predators learn to use it to their own advantage. And they need only follow past crimes and related investigations to learn what has worked in the past and what hasn't.

You may be right about the use of "Find My Phone" feature here. I hope its use can be determined by LE.

Frightening when criminal will exploits technological advancement intended to innocently serve to help people. To predators, anything and everything becomes a tool to advance their interests.

I remember thinking after Sept 11 that - when terrorists intent upon mass killing were willing to learn to fly without concerning themselves with learning to land - imagination and a willingness to suspend the disbelief that criminals would "go that far" has become an important requirement in the LE toolbox and nothing I've seen since has changed my mind.

Even as LE techniques for gathering and analyzing data from all the electronics we use in our homes, vehicles, and on our persons are becoming more and more sophisticated in investigating and solving crimes, it is frightening how much predators learn to use it to their own advantage. And they need only follow past crimes and related investigations to learn what has worked in the past and what hasn't.

You may be right about the use of "Find My Phone" feature here. I hope its use can be determined by LE.

Frightening when criminal will exploits technological advancement intended to innocently serve to help people. To predators, anything and everything becomes a tool to advance their interests.

I remember thinking after Sept 11 that - when terrorists intent upon mass killing were willing to learn to fly without concerning themselves with learning to land - imagination and a willingness to suspend the disbelief that criminals would "go that far" has become an important requirement in the LE toolbox and nothing I've seen since has changed my mind.

I completely agree. There should be no, “He/she/they never would do that” because we know from too many examples like here that there is no such boundary in the worst of humans. Sadly. MOO.

Why?

Diddian, Feb 12, 2021

#957"

Thank you @Diddian!

Thank you @pandaknows for bringing this our attention again and @Diddian for the original post.

Lining up MT's phone records (provided by her) with the events at Welles Lane on the morning of May 24, 2019. is stunning and, I agree, nauseating.

Couple that with Attorney JS requesting the return of Mama T's cell phone that was taken in the June 2019 search of FD's home, emphasizes LE's need to carefully examine all of those devices, if they haven't already.

Did MT's mama have an old cell phone she left or formerly used in CT? Did MT simply indicate in her phone log that those calls were from Mami? How easy is it to open an account in someone else's name or borrow a sim card?

Power to LE as they continue to run tests on all the evidence.

Thank you @pandaknows for bringing this our attention again and @Diddian for the original post.

Lining up MT's phone records (provided by her) with the events at Welles Lane on the morning of May 24, 2019. is stunning and, I agree, nauseating.

Couple that with Attorney JS requesting the return of Mama T's cell phone that was taken in the June 2019 search of FD's home, emphasizes LE's need to carefully examine all of those devices, if they haven't already.

Did MT's mama have an old cell phone she left or formerly used in CT? Did MT simply indicate in her phone log that those calls were from Mami? How easy is it to open an account in someone else's name or borrow a sim card?

Power to LE as they continue to run tests on all the evidence.

Yes, thank you all for bringing this issue back up. It’s so important. The ways that determined people can try to scam justice are astounding. I believe in LE’s ability to unravel it if only they have time and resources. I hope so much. MOO.

tacky title
IMO

A+E Networks’ Lifetime Television plans to release a movie in June on the disappearance of New Canaan mother Jennifer Dulos.

The film, called “Gone Mom,” is based on the events of her May 2019 disappearance, and the criminal investigation into her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos, the company said. The movie stars Annabeth Gish as Jennifer Dulos and Warren Christie as Fotis Dulos and is set to air at 8 p.m. June 5.

Lifetime plans 'Gone Mom' movie based on Jennifer Dulos disappearance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members