Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like NP to turn over his accounting records. How did fD pay the $255k retainer, by wire, cash or check? And who is the intermediary?

My biggest curiosity is with Andrew Bowman though.

I would like to know if MT was ready to cut a deal around the time that AC moved in. But that all changed because of fD's suicide. Did MT think that fD's death somehow made all the evidence against her disappear? Was that why she switched to JS?

fD's suicide could have been prevented. Did we ever get an investigation about what happened that day the prosecutor and the defense attorney were sitting (in court, in an office?) wondering why fD was running late (and no, why would P&S feel obliged to check in on their client let alone accompany him to the most important hearing of his life)? Guess that all blew over...we are all friends here...hey, let's work on a podcast together! No conflict if we talk about other cases!

I get the feeling that CT attorneys are de-sensitized to conflicts of interest. Are CT courts oblivious because of the method by which judges and public attorneys are selected or appointed to their positions? This is about the public purse. We should be alarmed when attorneys care more about scratching each other's backs than their professional duties.

Last unrelated point: NP represented Jennifer Valiante in the Kyle Navin case. Eight years for hindering prosecution. Valiante was arrested and did the time behind bars. Same justice is expected in Stamford as in Bridgeport. Navin pleaded guilty on the eve of the trial. The State Attorney for Bridgeport read out the evidence that would have been admitted for trial. I expect to hear all the evidence against MT, KM and fD related to the murder conspiracy and cover-up to be read out in court as well, plea deal or no.

MOO.

I do think MT thought that when fD killed himself, the case against her was all over, even though she’d hired JS by then-she needed a “bulldog” to get her through what was now a conspiracy to commit murder charge. I think she figured she was off the hook once fD was dead, since he was the real actual killer, and someone had to tell her that the charges were ongoing for her and KM. I say this because I think that she and her family believe that GF is somehow driving this bus with her wealth, and not the justice system, which is why I believe they are trying to hurt her by their social media comments, and by JS’s constant demand for court documents that have nothing to do with MT; in their opinion, these documents will hurt GF, the Dulos kids and anyone else who loved JFD-and will drag JFD down into the mud with MT. There is a reason for their pursuit of this-of course MT hated JFD for lots of reasons, but now that JFD is dead, you’d think that the jealousy and hatred that MT and her family have for her would be dead also-but no. This is no innocent woman who was caught up in the middle of something between a man and wife. This is someone who walked right in between them and said “I want everything that you have”. She wouldn’t still hate her if she was innocent-that’s the bahavior of someone who is PO’d that she got caught, after her honey said “don’t worry, I’m too smart for them all-we’ll never get caught”

I believe they are trying to hurt her by their social media comments, and by JS’s constant demand for court documents that have nothing to do with MT; in their opinion, these documents will hurt GF, the Dulos kids and anyone else who loved JFD-and will drag JFD down into the mud with MT.
In JS's civil complaint against the court reporter who he feels is illegally withholding the transcript of the hearing, he says that the family court judge did not order the courtroom to be closed back when it took place, and therefore the transcript should not be withheld. So, in my humble opinion, the solution would be for the same family court judge to now issue the order to close that past hearing "nunc pro tunc".

"Legal definition

Nunc pro tunc may apply when "a judgment is entered, or document enrolled, so as to have the same legal force and effect as if it had been entered or enrolled on an earlier day".

I would like NP to turn over his accounting records. How did fD pay the $255k retainer, by wire, cash or check? And who is the intermediary?

My biggest curiosity is with Andrew Bowman though.

I would like to know if MT was ready to cut a deal around the time that AC moved in. But that all changed because of fD's suicide. Did MT think that fD's death somehow made all the evidence against her disappear? Was that why she switched to JS?

fD's suicide could have been prevented. Did we ever get an investigation about what happened that day the prosecutor and the defense attorney were sitting (in court, in an office?) wondering why fD was running late (and no, why would P&S feel obliged to check in on their client let alone accompany him to the most important hearing of his life)? Guess that all blew over...we are all friends here...hey, let's work on a podcast together! No conflict if we talk about other cases!

I get the feeling that CT attorneys are de-sensitized to conflicts of interest. Are CT courts oblivious because of the method by which judges and public attorneys are selected or appointed to their positions? This is about the public purse. We should be alarmed when attorneys care more about scratching each other's backs than their professional duties.

Last unrelated point: NP represented Jennifer Valiante in the Kyle Navin case. Eight years for hindering prosecution. Valiante was arrested and did the time behind bars. Same justice is expected in Stamford as in Bridgeport. Navin pleaded guilty on the eve of the trial. The State Attorney for Bridgeport read out the evidence that would have been admitted for trial. I expect to hear all the evidence against MT, KM and fD related to the murder conspiracy and cover-up to be read out in court as well, plea deal or no.

MOO.

Attorney Bowman's goal was to prevent the murder charges being brought against MT. When he failed, the Troconis defense plan began with JS.

Bowman gave a fairly emotional interview that I remembered and found an article that summarizes some of the information. Bowman's comments were around the deposition requested in the Civil trial against FD.

These comments are a summary from a November 2019 article in The Patch:

"In addition, law enforcement's investigation concerning the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos has not concluded," Bowman wrote in the brief. "It is a continuing investigation, which may or may not result in a homicide charge or in a conspiracy charge."

Jennifer Farber Dulos, who was in the midst of divorcing Fotis Dulos, has been missing since May 24, and a police warrant spells out how authorities believe she may have died. Troconis and Fotis Dulos have been charged with evidence tampering and hindering a prosecution, but not with murder. Now both of their attorneys believe that that charge could come next.

[...]

Bowman argues that the answers to some of the questions posed to Troconis could be used against her in the criminal case; many of the questions involve Fotis Dulos' finances. But because Troconis was involved with him both professionally and personally — in addition to being charged with him in connection with the disappearance — Bowman argues answering the questions could prove problematic.

"There is nothing hypothetical about the charges that have been brought to date, but there is uncertainty about the charges that could be brought in the future," Bowman wrote.
Michelle Troconis' Lawyer Says Homicide Charge Possible: Filing

Side Note: One of the questions that Weinstein was able to ask MT was whether or not she had an Argentine passport. Her responses were sealed. I wonder if Weinstein knew she possessed that "expired" passport that JS so generously offered to the court in 2020. UGH!

A refresher for those interested:
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=18130434
Dulos Case: Michelle Troconis is not required to answer these questions

And, these appeared on a Google search...great! Nice reminders....read on from Seattle1 through page 16 for a couple of great Afitzy comments on the Troconis group...Words of wisdom that are still true today...all from 2019.
Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #33

Tuesday, July 20th:
*Plea Hearing (Remote) (@ 2:30pm ET) – CT - Adam Davenport (31/now 32) arrested & charged (1/29/20) with 1 count of second-degree harassment. Bond: promise to appear.
Davenport confessed to making the calls (30 calls within a span of half-hour) to both Pattis & his law partner Kevin Smith which started in October, 2019. New Haven Superior Court. Re: Jennifer Dulos case.
Court info from 2/21/20 thru 12/24/20 reference post #437 here:
Deceased/Not Found - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #53

2/4/21 Update: Still awaiting plea. Plea hearing moved to 2/24/21. 2/24/21 Update: Plea hearing continued to 4/6/21. 4/6/21 Update: Plea hearing was rescheduled to 6/15/21. 6/15/21 Update: Plea hearing moved to 7/20/21.

Attorney Bowman's goal was to prevent the murder charges being brought against MT. When he failed, the Troconis defense plan began with JS.

Attorney: Police conduct 'strip search' of client's phone in Jennifer Dulos case

"NEW CANAAN — Michelle Troconis’ attorney says investigators recently conducted an extensive examination of his client’s cellphone dating back more than two years before Jennifer Dulos vanished, while a Connecticut used car salesman contends police still have not returned his phone they seized last year in the case.

A search warrant was granted May 21 to examine every data entry on Troconis’ cellphone from Feb. 1, 2017 to May 31, 2019, attorney Jon Schoenhorn said.

“They looked at every call, every text, every like, every photo and every video,” said Schoenhorn, who called it a “digital strip search.”
Schoenhorn said he believes a brief call made to Troconis’ phone on Feb. 1, 2017, from a cellphone connected with Fotis Dulos’ family likely prompted the search.

A Manchester used car salesman had his phone seized last year when police discovered a pattern of calls between him and Fotis Dulos’ longtime friend and attorney, Kent Mawhinney, court records show.

Fatos Statovci, who sold cars to Mawhinney and hired him as a lawyer, contends he had nothing to do with the disappearance of the New Canaan mother of five, but said investigators still haven’t returned his phone.

In an interview this week with Hearst Connecticut Media, Statovci said he was only in contact with Mawhinney about his legal affairs." ...

Fairly long article (paywall) Includes recap of case, info re KM's arrest, location of his cell phone on date of event.

Attorney: Police conduct 'strip search' of client's phone in Jennifer Dulos case

"NEW CANAAN — Michelle Troconis’ attorney says investigators recently conducted an extensive examination of his client’s cellphone dating back more than two years before Jennifer Dulos vanished, while a Connecticut used car salesman contends police still have not returned his phone they seized last year in the case.

A search warrant was granted May 21 to examine every data entry on Troconis’ cellphone from Feb. 1, 2017 to May 31, 2019, attorney Jon Schoenhorn said.

“They looked at every call, every text, every like, every photo and every video,” said Schoenhorn, who called it a “digital strip search.”
Schoenhorn said he believes a brief call made to Troconis’ phone on Feb. 1, 2017, from a cellphone connected with Fotis Dulos’ family likely prompted the search.

A Manchester used car salesman had his phone seized last year when police discovered a pattern of calls between him and Fotis Dulos’ longtime friend and attorney, Kent Mawhinney, court records show.

Fatos Statovci, who sold cars to Mawhinney and hired him as a lawyer, contends he had nothing to do with the disappearance of the New Canaan mother of five, but said investigators still haven’t returned his phone.

In an interview this week with Hearst Connecticut Media, Statovci said he was only in contact with Mawhinney about his legal affairs." ...

Fairly long article (paywall) Includes recap of case, info re KM's arrest, location of his cell phone on date of event.
They want to nail her, and are leaving no stone unturned. Good to see.

I do wonder what happened to the 2 used cars KM bought from Statovci. I don’t believe him (FS) when he says that he was merely a client of KM’s and a purveyor to KM. I usually don’t think that so many people can work in concert like this to commit a crime without one of them squealing, but I have to admit that I am in awe of fD’s ability to make this happen. Especially after seeing that he loved MT SO much that he involved her and then went to hell without her, leaving her there to face the music alone.

Last edited:
So is this new information stuff that they had to discover without KM’s assistance, or did he steer them that way? If he did, then it’s becoming more and more apparent that MT is toast. Either KM surrendered his “broken” phone, or LE didn’t need either him or his phone to get this information-that they got it from his cell provider.

I do wonder what happened to the 2 used cars KM bought from Statovci. I don’t believe him (FS) when he says that he was merely a client of KM’s and a purveyor to KM. I usually don’t think that so many people can work in concert like this to commit a crime without one of them squealing, but I have to admit that I am in awe of fD’s ability to make this happen. Especially after seeing that he loved MT SO much that he involved her and then went to hell without her, leaving her there to face the music alone.
It may be interesting to review the transcript of the deposition of LA, the nanny, in FDs civil case, end of 2019. (I believe attorney Murray was asking the questions).
You’ll see a question that refers to whether JD had “Albanian bodyguards” or something like that. Some other leading type questions too (one involving a white van).
Interesting coincidence with these new ‘used car salesmen’ that have been introduced to the saga.
(I don’t have a link to the deposition transcript handy but it was posted on here and/or by Marissa Alter at the time of FDs civil trial).

Mawhinney’s attorney now represents F.S. in the lawsuit and Mark Dean represents another defendant.

It may be interesting to review the transcript of the deposition of LA, the nanny, in FDs civil case, end of 2019. (I believe attorney Murray was asking the questions).
You’ll see a question that refers to whether JD had “Albanian bodyguards” or something like that. Some other leading type questions too (one involving a white van).
Interesting coincidence with these new ‘used car salesmen’ that have been introduced to the saga.
(I don’t have a link to the deposition transcript handy but it was posted on here and/or by Marissa Alter at the time of FDs civil trial).
here is the link to the transcript of the deposition of JDs nanny (LA). You have to scroll down on the ScribD document, because there is another deposition text (RG) before the LA deposition in the file.

Fotis Dulos could take the stand in Hartford for civil case | fox61.com

The questions of interest asked by Atty Murray (FDs attorney):
Q: Did JD ever discuss with you any relationship she had with men other than Fotis prior to 2017 or after 2017?...
Q: Did any of Mrs. Dulos' friends have a white sprinter van?...
Q: Did you ever see a Sprinter van at Jennifer's house?...
Q: Do you know any of the bodyguard's names?...
Q: Are any of them Albanian?...
Q: Do you know what telephone number Jennifer used in May of 2019?...
Q: Do you know how many telephone's she had?....
(Weinstein, representing LA, instructed LA not to answer any of these questions).

I do wonder what happened to the 2 used cars KM bought from Statovci. I don’t believe him (FS) when he says that he was merely a client of KM’s and a purveyor to KM. I usually don’t think that so many people can work in concert like this to commit a crime without one of them squealing, but I have to admit that I am in awe of fD’s ability to make this happen. Especially after seeing that he loved MT SO much that he involved her and then went to hell without her, leaving her there to face the music alone.[/
IIRC fd shipped cars to and or from Greece - perhaps this newly introduced character was a conduit for that type of thing? Purely speculation of course.

So is this new information stuff that they had to discover without KM’s assistance, or did he steer them that way? If he did, then it’s becoming more and more apparent that MT is toast. Either KM surrendered his “broken” phone, or LE didn’t need either him or his phone to get this information-that they got it from his cell provider.
The article said KM was using more than one phone while fleeing arrest, not answering calls from LE--except for one inadvertently answered while he was on another phone telling someone he couldn't believe what was happening--heard by LE from the other phone. They say KM was talking to FS, whose phone pinged in Mass. Remember when it was said LE believed KM was heading for the Mass border?

The article said KM was using more than one phone while fleeing arrest, not answering calls from LE--except for one inadvertently answered while he was on another phone telling someone he couldn't believe what was happening--heard by LE from the other phone. They say KM was talking to FS, whose phone pinged in Mass. Remember when it was said LE believed KM was heading for the Mass border?
which article? The article I read said FS was in Mass on 5/24 but didn't read where it says they talked on the day of KM's arrest.

The one I read said this:

"Police did not find any calls between Fotis Dulos and Statovci, the warrant said. Police were also investigating two men who listed their address as a property belonging to Statovci, the warrant showed.

The phone records of one of the men was the target of the search warrant obtained Jan. 14, 2020, court records show. A phone number associated with the men called Statovci’s phone on the day Jennifer Dulos disappeared, the search warrant said.

Statovci’s phone records indicated his cellphone was in Massachusetts on the day of the disappearance, according to the warrant. When asked Monday, Statovci denied knowing the two men named in the search warrant."

[...]

"The search warrant also showed police tried to reach Mawhinney 23 times on Jan. 7, 2020 to get him to turn himself in on the conspiracy to commit murder charge.

Mawhinney ignored all of the calls except one when police said he inadvertently switched over from another call, the warrant said. Police said Mawhinney appeared to continue the conversation he was having on the other line and was heard saying, “this is crazy” and “I can’t believe this is happening,” the warrant said. The state police detective then said, “Hello, Kent,” and then the lawyer hung up, the warrant said."

I could be very wrong, but I took the "phone associated with the men" as the before-mentioned "two men who listed their address" at a property owned by FS?

I don't buy it that FS doesn't know these men. Also not buying that FS didn't speak to KM again after his arrest...and if that IS the truth, then it's completely sketchy given how far back KM and FS were associated (you can look up that info on the ct judicial website because I don't think it can be posted here). IMO

I'm a little shocked that Lisa Backus wrote this article. I don't see any court filings by Schoenhorn. He, it appears, sought LB out to feed her the story, and she wrote it...again.

If I remember correctly JS and the Troconis group were anxious to get possession of those phones. Perhaps, they were a little too anxious. Good for LE for keeping them until they were thoroughly examined (strip-searched my eye...).

It will be interesting to hear LE's interpretation of the information gleaned from these phones. Can't wait for the trial(s). JMO...MOO

Bowman gave a fairly emotional interview that I remembered and found an article that summarizes some of the information. Bowman's comments were around the deposition requested in the Civil trial against FD.

These comments are a summary from a November 2019 article in The Patch:

"In addition, law enforcement's investigation concerning the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos has not concluded," Bowman wrote in the brief. "It is a continuing investigation, which may or may not result in a homicide charge or in a conspiracy charge."

Jennifer Farber Dulos, who was in the midst of divorcing Fotis Dulos, has been missing since May 24, and a police warrant spells out how authorities believe she may have died. Troconis and Fotis Dulos have been charged with evidence tampering and hindering a prosecution, but not with murder. Now both of their attorneys believe that that charge could come next.

[...]

Bowman argues that the answers to some of the questions posed to Troconis could be used against her in the criminal case; many of the questions involve Fotis Dulos' finances. But because Troconis was involved with him both professionally and personally — in addition to being charged with him in connection with the disappearance — Bowman argues answering the questions could prove problematic.

"There is nothing hypothetical about the charges that have been brought to date, but there is uncertainty about the charges that could be brought in the future," Bowman wrote.
Michelle Troconis' Lawyer Says Homicide Charge Possible: Filing

Side Note: One of the questions that Weinstein was able to ask MT was whether or not she had an Argentine passport. Her responses were sealed. I wonder if Weinstein knew she possessed that "expired" passport that JS so generously offered to the court in 2020. UGH!

A refresher for those interested:
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=18130434
Dulos Case: Michelle Troconis is not required to answer these questions

And, these appeared on a Google search...great! Nice reminders....read on from Seattle1 through page 16 for a couple of great Afitzy comments on the Troconis group...Words of wisdom that are still true today...all from 2019.
Silver Alert - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #33
Thank you for this refresher!

I haven't seen any posts from @afitzy for quite some now. I miss their posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen