Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely.

I was thinking about NP's cowboy employee who seems to lack filters....and the sweet young intern....

The "no comment" restrictions probably stem from HP's lawyer...John Williams...who made the following negative comments about GF...His comments are reprehensible, IMO...

"But attorney John Williams, who is representing Pattis and his colleague, Kevin Smith, called the lawsuit against his clients a “waste” of the estate’s “resources.”

“This is an utterly frivolous and meritless lawsuit, which appears to have been brought on behalf of the woman who bears a large measure of responsibility for the tragedy that has enveloped this family,” Williams said in a statement."

Williams was NP's mentor...and, IMO, they both stretch the limits of the law.

Whoops! Forgot to post the link for the quote above:

Lawsuit: Norm Pattis kept $250K retainer after client died in Jennifer Dulos case

I agree completely.

I was thinking about NP's cowboy employee who seems to lack filters....and the sweet young intern....

The "no comment" restrictions probably stem from HP's lawyer...John Williams...who made the following negative comments about GF...His comments are reprehensible, IMO...

"But attorney John Williams, who is representing Pattis and his colleague, Kevin Smith, called the lawsuit against his clients a “waste” of the estate’s “resources.”

“This is an utterly frivolous and meritless lawsuit, which appears to have been brought on behalf of the woman who bears a large measure of responsibility for the tragedy that has enveloped this family,” Williams said in a statement."

Williams was NP's mentor...and, IMO, they both stretch the limits of the law.
Cowboy who lacks filters? Have you shopped on his website? See his selections for women.

Shop

And in the Alex Jones case, P&S are trying to subpoena Hillary Clinton to say how the Sandy Hook defs are paying their lawyers--which lawyers are asking for sanctions v. P&S for same. Remember the Farber civil case against FD, when Judge Noble ruled that NP didn't have to testify about how he was being paid, on grounds that it wouldn't lead to any admissible evidence? SH defs' lawyers should offer that ruling as precedent.

Cowboy who lacks filters? Have you shopped on his website? See his selections for women.

Shop

And in the Alex Jones case, P&S are trying to subpoena Hillary Clinton to say how the Sandy Hook defs are paying their lawyers--which lawyers are asking for sanctions v. P&S for same. Remember the Farber civil case against FD, when Judge Noble ruled that NP didn't have to testify about how he was being paid, on grounds that it wouldn't lead to any admissible evidence? SH defs' lawyers should offer that ruling as precedent.

Oh my goodness....Cowboy's women's selections are #@###....NP needs to put this fella in touch with his shrink.

On the SH matter....continuing to SMH...hypocrites and liars....:(:mad:

Can't for the life of me understand why Schoenhorn keeps trying to use the divorce hearings to clear MT. Blame the victim time is over....IMO...MOO

"The state is opposing a court action filed by the attorney representing Michelle Troconis to get access to sealed hearing transcripts in the divorce and custody case involving Fotis and Jennifer Dulos.

Assistant Attorneys General Alma Rose Nunley and Robert Deichert filed a motion Wednesday to dismiss Troconis’ action seeking the transcripts on the basis that her attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, improperly sought relief from a civil court when he should have filed his objection to the continued sealing of the transcript in family court where the divorce proceedings took place."
"In their filing, the assistant attorney generals included 10 pages of the transcript hearing that they say should remain sealed from public view. In the portion of the transcript that was released Wednesday, family court Judge Donna Nelson Heller ordered the courtroom closed and the report sealed. She also ordered any audio recordings sealed, the transcript shows."

"The hearing, held days before Jennifer Dulos went missing on May 24, 2019, was canceled after its author, Dr. Stephen Herman, refused to continue his testimony."

State opposes Michelle Troconis' request for Dulos divorce hearing transcripts

Can't for the life of me understand why Schoenhorn keeps trying to use the divorce hearings to clear MT. Blame the victim time is over....IMO...MOO

"The state is opposing a court action filed by the attorney representing Michelle Troconis to get access to sealed hearing transcripts in the divorce and custody case involving Fotis and Jennifer Dulos.

Assistant Attorneys General Alma Rose Nunley and Robert Deichert filed a motion Wednesday to dismiss Troconis’ action seeking the transcripts on the basis that her attorney, Jon Schoenhorn, improperly sought relief from a civil court when he should have filed his objection to the continued sealing of the transcript in family court where the divorce proceedings took place."
"In their filing, the assistant attorney generals included 10 pages of the transcript hearing that they say should remain sealed from public view. In the portion of the transcript that was released Wednesday, family court Judge Donna Nelson Heller ordered the courtroom closed and the report sealed. She also ordered any audio recordings sealed, the transcript shows."

"The hearing, held days before Jennifer Dulos went missing on May 24, 2019, was canceled after its author, Dr. Stephen Herman, refused to continue his testimony."

This is so ridiculous, that I am actually wondering if it’s possible that he doesn’t actually want to use the report at all-that he is just making these filings because every time he does it, it makes the news, and creates a situation that looks like the State, and the Farber family are covering something up that will exonerate MT (even though it does no such thing). And…more victim blaming/shaming…If I was a juror, I’d be mightily PO’d

NP does an audio podcast on Audible.com, “Law and Legitimacy”. In late June he interviewed Chief State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo about how he became a prosecutor and issues with the CT criminal justice system. It’s over 50 minutes long—I listened to about the first 20. Tho’ they discussed one case NP defended and RC prosecuted, NP cautioned RC not to mention names of defs. I looked up American Bar Assoc’s code of ethics for prosecutors. They’re allowed to give interviews to the “media” on general topics re the justice system, but not specific ongoing cases, is what I understood. But is a prosecutor giving an interview to a defense attorney who appears in the criminal court (and has clients there now) on a platform that benefits that defense attorney as publicity and advertising seem as “off” to anyone else as it does to me? Was there a quid pro quo? Why would RC do it? In exchange for info on the Dulos case that NP might give him that might help him prosecute the 2 remaining defendants? I thought the attorney-client privilege survived the death of the client, but I looked that up and found that the administrator of the decedent’s estate (Christopher Hug) substitutes for the decedent and can waive the privilege. So did NP and Wms bargain that into the contract re the fee refund, and get that clause put in there, where NP can talk to the prosecutors about the case?

And Tink, when you asked what JS was going to say about it--? If NP gives witness testimony for prosecution in the trial of either def, can that be an issue for appeal? That NP gave the info in exchange for a good interview of RC on his podcast? All MOO, of course, and speculation.

Law and Legitimacy

Episode 034

NP does an audio podcast on Audible.com, “Law and Legitimacy”. In late June he interviewed Chief State’s Attorney Richard Colangelo about how he became a prosecutor and issues with the CT criminal justice system. It’s over 50 minutes long—I listened to about the first 20. Tho’ they discussed one case NP defended and RC prosecuted, NP cautioned RC not to mention names of defs. I looked up American Bar Assoc’s code of ethics for prosecutors. They’re allowed to give interviews to the “media” on general topics re the justice system, but not specific ongoing cases, is what I understood. But is a prosecutor giving an interview to a defense attorney who appears in the criminal court (and has clients there now) on a platform that benefits that defense attorney as publicity and advertising seem as “off” to anyone else as it does to me? Was there a quid pro quo? Why would RC do it? In exchange for info on the Dulos case that NP might give him that might help him prosecute the 2 remaining defendants? I thought the attorney-client privilege survived the death of the client, but I looked that up and found that the administrator of the decedent’s estate (Christopher Hug) substitutes for the decedent and can waive the privilege. So did NP and Wms bargain that into the contract re the fee refund, and get that clause put in there, where NP can talk to the prosecutors about the case?

And Tink, when you asked what JS was going to say about it--? If NP gives witness testimony for prosecution in the trial of either def, can that be an issue for appeal? That NP gave the info in exchange for a good interview of RC on his podcast? All MOO, of course, and speculation.

Law and Legitimacy

Episode 034

Does it seem “off”? Yeah, to me, it does. Maybe it’s legal, but if I was GF, I would be unhappy about this in a big way, unless I knew NP was giving up what information he had to the prosecution. Which probably amounts to “fD said ‘those other two didn’t do anything, because I wasn’t in on any conspiracy to do anything to Jennifer. Why don’t you ask PG-he was in New Canaan that day?’ “

Does it seem “off”? Yeah, to me, it does. Maybe it’s legal, but if I was GF, I would be unhappy about this in a big way, unless I knew NP was giving up what information he had to the prosecution. Which probably amounts to “fD said ‘those other two didn’t do anything, because I wasn’t in on any conspiracy to do anything to Jennifer. Why don’t you ask PG-he was in New Canaan that day?’ “
Remember when NP's high-profile P.I. tried to talk to PG, who told his lawyer, Urso, who went to the press?

Law and Legitimacy

Episode 034

Will listen to this podcast when I have time....so interesting. Lots of possibilities for NP in the outlines of the agreement. I wish we could read the probate court's decisions online.

Do we even know if the judge agreed to the agreement?

Another thought about the agreement....Maybe it frees NP and Smith from obligations to the Dulos family and continuing to answer to them? Can't imagine that Rena has quietly vanished into the Greek sunset.

All just MO...IMO...;)

Will listen to this podcast when I have time....so interesting. Lots of possibilities for NP in the outlines of the agreement. I wish we could read the probate court's decisions online.

Another thought about the agreement....Maybe it frees NP and Smith from obligations to the Dulos family and continuing to answer to them? Can't imagine that Rena has quietly vanished into the Greek sunset.

All just MO...IMO...;)

What are the odds that Rena ALSO tried to claw back the $250k that fD paid NP? Not that we will ever know…

All just MO...IMO...;)
I couldn't find any way to speed up the podcast. Seems one is stuck with the whole 50+ minutes. Think that's a good chunk of time for RC to give to a lawyer's podcast? (Not a "media" interview

"Daly agreed from the bench Tuesday that she would accept the settlement agreement to end the extraordinarily convoluted and highly scrutinized case after months of negotiations between the attorneys and estate administrators this year and last. She is expected to enter a formal decree with that ruling in the coming days or weeks.

"Now the terms of the settlement agreement in the probate case include strict confidentiality and nondisclosure terms that will bar Pattis and Smith from directly or indirectly disclosing anything at all about the case or their involvement.

"They are prohibited from “making available any personal effects, providing recollections, or writings, appearing for interviews, and/or cooperating or providing information directly or indirectly related to any book, magazine article, television or film production or any other type of media publication,” according to the terms.

"Police and prosecutors are the only people Pattis, Smith or the rest of those involved in the estate may speak with about the case. Pattis and Smith also must turn over any materials related to the case to Dulos’ estate within 30 days."

Attorney Norm Pattis, law partner barred from speaking about Jennifer Farber Dulos case for 40 years under agreement to settle estate of Fotis Dulos - Hartford Courant

@Tink56 - just checking if Adam Davenport still has the plea hearing on 7/20?
New Haven #N23N-CR20-0226603

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

"Daly agreed from the bench Tuesday that she would accept the settlement agreement to end the extraordinarily convoluted and highly scrutinized case after months of negotiations between the attorneys and estate administrators this year and last. She is expected to enter a formal decree with that ruling in the coming days or weeks.

"Now the terms of the settlement agreement in the probate case include strict confidentiality and nondisclosure terms that will bar Pattis and Smith from directly or indirectly disclosing anything at all about the case or their involvement.

"They are prohibited from “making available any personal effects, providing recollections, or writings, appearing for interviews, and/or cooperating or providing information directly or indirectly related to any book, magazine article, television or film production or any other type of media publication,” according to the terms.

"Police and prosecutors are the only people Pattis, Smith or the rest of those involved in the estate may speak with about the case. Pattis and Smith also must turn over any materials related to the case to Dulos’ estate within 30 days."

Attorney Norm Pattis, law partner barred from speaking about Jennifer Farber Dulos case for 40 years under agreement to settle estate of Fotis Dulos - Hartford Courant

I would like NP to turn over his accounting records. How did fD pay the $255k retainer, by wire, cash or check? And who is the intermediary?

My biggest curiosity is with Andrew Bowman though.

I would like to know if MT was ready to cut a deal around the time that AC moved in. But that all changed because of fD's suicide. Did MT think that fD's death somehow made all the evidence against her disappear? Was that why she switched to JS?

fD's suicide could have been prevented. Did we ever get an investigation about what happened that day the prosecutor and the defense attorney were sitting (in court, in an office?) wondering why fD was running late (and no, why would P&S feel obliged to check in on their client let alone accompany him to the most important hearing of his life)? Guess that all blew over...we are all friends here...hey, let's work on a podcast together! No conflict if we talk about other cases!

I get the feeling that CT attorneys are de-sensitized to conflicts of interest. Are CT courts oblivious because of the method by which judges and public attorneys are selected or appointed to their positions? This is about the public purse. We should be alarmed when attorneys care more about scratching each other's backs than their professional duties.

Last unrelated point: NP represented Jennifer Valiante in the Kyle Navin case. Eight years for hindering prosecution. Valiante was arrested and did the time behind bars. Same justice is expected in Stamford as in Bridgeport. Navin pleaded guilty on the eve of the trial. The State Attorney for Bridgeport read out the evidence that would have been admitted for trial. I expect to hear all the evidence against MT, KM and fD related to the murder conspiracy and cover-up to be read out in court as well, plea deal or no.

MOO.

I would like NP to turn over his accounting records. How did fD pay the $255k retainer, by wire, cash or check? And who is the intermediary?

My biggest curiosity is with Andrew Bowman though.

I would like to know if MT was ready to cut a deal around the time that AC moved in. But that all changed because of fD's suicide. Did MT think that fD's death somehow made all the evidence against her disappear? Was that why she switched to JS?

fD's suicide could have been prevented. Did we ever get an investigation about what happened that day the prosecutor and the defense attorney were sitting (in court, in an office?) wondering why fD was running late (and no, why would P&S feel obliged to check in on their client let alone accompany him to the most important hearing of his life)? Guess that all blew over...we are all friends here...hey, let's work on a podcast together! No conflict if we talk about other cases!

I get the feeling that CT attorneys are de-sensitized to conflicts of interest. Are CT courts oblivious because of the method by which judges and public attorneys are selected or appointed to their positions? This is about the public purse. We should be alarmed when attorneys care more about scratching each other's backs than their professional duties.

Last unrelated point: NP represented Jennifer Valiante in the Kyle Navin case. Eight years for hindering prosecution. Valiante was arrested and did the time behind bars. Same justice is expected in Stamford as in Bridgeport. Navin pleaded guilty on the eve of the trial. The State Attorney for Bridgeport read out the evidence that would have been admitted for trial. I expect to hear all the evidence against MT, KM and fD related to the murder conspiracy and cover-up to be read out in court as well, plea deal or no.

MOO.
Well said, and well asked! At his deposition in the Farber civil case FD testified the money for NP was coming from an unknown source in Greece through a NYC lawyer named "Phufas" (sp?) Any money laundering involved there? Feds, take notice. Judge Noble saw to it that NP didn't have to answer any questions about it in the civil case.

IIRC, per FD's bail conditions/house arrest he could make visits to his lawyer's office, doc's office, church. Don't remember anything about his being allowed to drive himself to court. NP was conveniently out of town--with his phone turned off for awhile, according to what he told Chaz & AJ on their show-- Why didn't FD drive to P&S's NH office to meet Smith there? I read their stalker--is that the guy whose hearing is coming up this week?--made particular threats against Smith and mentioned their parking lot. Still, someone from P&S's office could have gone to get FD and relayed him to Smith elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat