Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
04/18/2022

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that KENT MAWHINNEY, with docket number HHD CR190266274T, has an upcoming court event.

This email is to inform you that KENT MAWHINNEY, with docket number H14HCR190281509T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Disposition Hearing has been scheduled for 05/03/2022. This will take place in GA 14 Hartford Courthouse located at the following address: 101 Lafayette Street, Hartford, CT.

@Niner

Can you (or anyone else here) get the rest of this one from CT Law Tribune, for our entertainment?

Attorney Work Life Balance | News

https://link.law.com/click/27456732...0ZXJtPWNsdA/5163213134b9b0a8048bbf63B6100b88e

Watch the Video: Attorney Norm Pattis Drops His Pants, Delivers Explicit-Laden Performance

By Cedra Mayfield

"The woke elite are much in need of ridicule and comedic take down; so are the semi-literate half-wits who rally around them," wrote New Haven attorney Norman Pattis. "So if you are offended by use of the "n" word in that comedic skit consider the possibility that the joke is at your expense." Read More

Can you (or anyone else here) get the rest of this one from CT Law Tribune, for our entertainment?

Early Friday morning, Pattis tweeted a link to a blog post entitled, “Who Owns The Language?,” aimed at destigmatizing his use of the racial slur.

“I had basketball shorts on beneath my suit. I dropped my drawers, a lawyer in a suit trouserless, a calculated risk designed to shock,” Pattis’ blog post read. “I ended with a routine I had done before, reworking George Carlin’s bit about the seven dirty words into a take down of the sanctified identities we must now refer to only with reverence lest we offend. I chose my words carefully, like Carlin dropping the ‘f’ bomb to shock sensibilities in the name of good sense, I uttered words designed and intended to offend women, the disabled, gays, transgender folk, and, yes, people of color.”

Pattis went on to challenge the societal notion of being “woke,” or alert to injustice in society, including racism.

“In a recent stand-up routine in East Haven comedy competition I commented on Joe Rogan’s removing a series of his podcasts from Spotify because the ‘n’ word appeared in them,” Pattis said. “It is ridiculous that we give words such power. So I said, in that gig, that I wanted to make sure my performance was never shown on YouTube. I dropped the ‘n’ word. The audience gasped. A boundary had been crossed, shattered, mocked. And no one was hurt. Fancy that.”

‘Woke Elite’
Throughout the blog post, Pattis takes aim at the public’s reaction to the racial slur. Pattis attempted to highlight a double standard, alleging several Black comics also used the N-word during their performances.

“I didn’t have permission to use the ‘n’ word, they said,” Pattis wrote.

He denied being a racist nor a misogynist. Instead, he self-identified as a misanthrope, or a person who dislikes humankind and avoids human society. He concluded his blog post declaring the need for comedy amid a political backdrop that’d been “reduced to farce” before again taking aim at those considered societally aware.

“The woke elite are much in need of ridicule and comedic take down; so are the semi-literate half-wits who rally around them,” Pattis wrote. “So if you are offended by use of the ‘n’ word in that comedic skit consider the possibility that the joke is at your expense.”

When reached for comment Friday, Pattis responded to the Connecticut Law Tribune by providing a sole link to his blog post.

History of Controversy
As word of Pattis’ performance continued to spread, Hartford community activist group Black Lives Matter 860 took to Twitter seeking additional information about Pattis.

With the Connecticut Judicial Branch Statewide Grievance Committee unable to confirm or deny the existence of a complaint until probable cause of misconduct is found, only time will tell if Pattis’ performance might spawn an ethics case.

But Pattis seemed to think the bit may already be under review.

“I recognized in the crowd a person who once tried to grieve me in licensure proceedings for being racially insensitive,” Pattis noted in his Friday blog post. “Something tells me she didn’t attend to enjoy a night of entertainment.”

Pattis represents far-right radio show host Alex Jones in a defamation lawsuitfiled against him by families of victims killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting

Meanwhile in August 2020, the estate of one of Pattis’ clients, Fotis Dulos, sued the trial attorney.

As trustee of Dulos’ estate, Hartford attorney Mark Dean filed the lawsuit seeking to recover the bulk of a $250,000 retainer paid to Pattis’ firm after Dulos’ died by suicide while facing a murder charge in his wife’s disappearance.

Early Friday morning, Pattis tweeted a link to a blog post entitled, “Who Owns The Language?,” aimed at destigmatizing his use of the racial slur.

“I had basketball shorts on beneath my suit. I dropped my drawers, a lawyer in a suit trouserless, a calculated risk designed to shock,” Pattis’ blog post read. “I ended with a routine I had done before, reworking George Carlin’s bit about the seven dirty words into a take down of the sanctified identities we must now refer to only with reverence lest we offend. I chose my words carefully, like Carlin dropping the ‘f’ bomb to shock sensibilities in the name of good sense, I uttered words designed and intended to offend women, the disabled, gays, transgender folk, and, yes, people of color.”

Pattis went on to challenge the societal notion of being “woke,” or alert to injustice in society, including racism.

“In a recent stand-up routine in East Haven comedy competition I commented on Joe Rogan’s removing a series of his podcasts from Spotify because the ‘n’ word appeared in them,” Pattis said. “It is ridiculous that we give words such power. So I said, in that gig, that I wanted to make sure my performance was never shown on YouTube. I dropped the ‘n’ word. The audience gasped. A boundary had been crossed, shattered, mocked. And no one was hurt. Fancy that.”

‘Woke Elite’
Throughout the blog post, Pattis takes aim at the public’s reaction to the racial slur. Pattis attempted to highlight a double standard, alleging several Black comics also used the N-word during their performances.

He denied being a racist nor a misogynist. Instead, he self-identified as a misanthrope, or a person who dislikes humankind and avoids human society. He concluded his blog post declaring the need for comedy amid a political backdrop that’d been “reduced to farce” before again taking aim at those considered societally aware.

“The woke elite are much in need of ridicule and comedic take down; so are the semi-literate half-wits who rally around them,” Pattis wrote. “So if you are offended by use of the ‘n’ word in that comedic skit consider the possibility that the joke is at your expense.”

When reached for comment Friday, Pattis responded to the Connecticut Law Tribune by providing a sole link to his blog post.

History of Controversy
As word of Pattis’ performance continued to spread, Hartford community activist group Black Lives Matter 860 took to Twitter seeking additional information about Pattis.

With the Connecticut Judicial Branch Statewide Grievance Committee unable to confirm or deny the existence of a complaint until probable cause of misconduct is found, only time will tell if Pattis’ performance might spawn an ethics case.

“I recognized in the crowd a person who once tried to grieve me in licensure proceedings for being racially insensitive,” Pattis noted in his Friday blog post. “Something tells me she didn’t attend to enjoy a night of entertainment.”

Pattis represents far-right radio show host Alex Jones in a defamation lawsuitfiled against him by families of victims killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting

Meanwhile in August 2020, the estate of one of Pattis’ clients, Fotis Dulos, sued the trial attorney.

As trustee of Dulos’ estate, Hartford attorney Mark Dean filed the lawsuit seeking to recover the bulk of a $250,000 retainer paid to Pattis’ firm after Dulos’ died by suicide while facing a murder charge in his wife’s disappearance.
Thanks! I recall NP used the n word in a column he wrote for the CT Law Trib at least a decade ago, raising some ire.

‘Woke Elite’

History of Controversy

And with Fotis no longer in play, I believe all three of them thought that this case would just go away.
This isn't a direct reply to Jmoose post, but IMO this article is a good read.

Alex Jones Attorney Took Break From Embarrassing Himself In Court To Do Racist Amateur Stand-Up - Above the Law

"Some people suggest that he should be disciplined for his pattern of derogatory statements. There’s certainly an argument that it portrays the profession in a bad light. Though he’s free to express his horrible ideas and keep his job just as much as the rest of us are free to ridicule him, protest, and organize boycotts — because that’s what actual free speech looks like.

But his crimes against comedy? There’s got to be some kind of discipline for that."

Tuesday, May 3rd:
*Sentencing Hearing (Violation) & Review Hearing (assault) (@ am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 56) arrested & charged (1/7/20) & arraigned (2/20/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. Held on $2M bond. Bond reduced (10/7/20) to $246K. Bond posted (10/19/20).
Court info from 1/7/20 thru 12/20/21 reference post #98 here:
Still Missing - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

1/18/22 Update: Brief virtual hearing for Mawhinney during which Judge John F. Blawie put the case on the trial docket but with no date yet. There is no future court date at the moment, but that will only happen if a new motion is filed or new information arises. Also learned today a request was previously granted to allow Mawhinney to travel for family business to Cape Cod & Florida. The judge & Mawhinney’s attorney noted he’s been compliant with the terms of his release since he posted bond in October 2020.

*Charged (1/21/19) spousal sexual assault, disorderly conduct & 2nd degree unlawful restraint & on June 26, 2019 with violating of a protective order. Plead not guilty. $500 bond for each count.
*Divorce case - 11/6/20: Uncontested dissolution of divorce granted.
If bond made – on house arrest, surrender passport & no contact with co-defendants. Dulos’ former civil lawyer who represented Dulos against a $2.5 million civil lawsuit filed by his mother-in-law.

Court info from 2/14/20 thru 1/24/22 reference post #98 here:
Still Missing - CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

2/3/22 Update: Mawhinney appeared Thursday in State Superior Court in Hartford since a judge ordered Hartford State’s Attorney Sharmese Walcott to provide detailed responses to the evidence the prosecution has gathered in the domestic cases. Another prosecutor stood in for Walcott during the brief proceedings on Thursday. Judge Hope Seeley told the court she expected the case to go in a particular direction Thursday. Instead, she called for a short continuance until 2/23/22 so she could receive “the further information the court has asked for."
2/23/22 Update: Mawhinney plead guilty on Wednesday to a charge of violating a protective order that stemmed from an incident involving his ex-wife. Mawhinney entered his plea under the Alford Doctrine, which means he does not admit guilt but agrees that there is sufficient evidence to potentially be convicted. Under an agreement with prosecutors, Mawhinney would receive a suspended five-year prison sentence & three years of probation. Mawhinney is scheduled to be sentenced on 4/20/22 & review hearing on assault charge.
4/19/22 Update: Sentencing (violation) & review (assault) hearing have been rescheduled to 5/3/22.
*Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 47) – Case #021178T, #0167364T & #0148553T: Pretrial hearing on 6/7/22.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it. 1/17/22: After debt, no money left in Dulos estate for children. While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records. Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate & attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces