Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She “splits her time between Florida, Connecticut and Colorado”? Sure-when was the last time she was in the state of CT? And-it looks like the defense still has not made the appropriate identification of the electronics, according to the prosecution.

She “splits her time between Florida, Connecticut and Colorado”? Sure-when was the last time she was in the state of CT? And-it looks like the defense still has not made the appropriate identification of the electronics, according to the prosecution.
Does anyone know the status of Kent Mawhinney's trial? TIA

Does anyone know the status of Kent Mawhinney's trial? TIA

from my notes:

Murder: Judge John F. Blawie put the case on the trial docket but with no date yet. There is no future court date at the moment, but that will only happen if a new motion is filed or new information arises. Court hearing re awaiting disposition. 2/23/22: Plead guilty to a charge of violating a protective order that stemmed from an incident involving his ex-wife. Sentencing for violation on 4/20/22 & Review hearing for assault charge.

Troconis, who is living in Florida, appeared in court via video chat on Tuesday wearing a white button up blouse and dark-rimmed glasses. Superior Court Judge Gary J. White had to repeatedly ask her to turn on her camera during the hearing…

Schoenhorn argued that wearing the monitor for that long “constitutes a punishment” and said that Troconis has never violated the terms of her release. He also noted that when she travels, which she does often, the device is not connected to track her movements.

Troconis must keep wearing GPS monitor; defense receives sought-after evidence in Dulos case

Troconis, who is living in Florida, appeared in court via video chat on Tuesday wearing a white button up blouse and dark-rimmed glasses. Superior Court Judge Gary J. White had to repeatedly ask her to turn on her camera during the hearing…

Schoenhorn argued that wearing the monitor for that long “constitutes a punishment” and said that Troconis has never violated the terms of her release. He also noted that when she travels, which she does often, the device is not connected to track her movements.

Troconis must keep wearing GPS monitor; defense receives sought-after evidence in Dulos case
So, I'm confused. What's the point? Does this mean like it loses signal when she flees, I mean flies?

I guess her lawyer is also saying “what’s the point”, since there are times when she is effectively unmonitored sometimes, so she might as well be unmonitored all the time.

You know, if it's so unreliable, you know what is reliable?-- steel bars.

MT's fingerprints are on the garbage bags that sealed Jennifer's fate. MT needs to be tried yesterday.

JMO

MT's fingerprints are on the garbage bags that sealed Jennifer's fate. MT needs to be tried yesterday.

JMO

I wish Judge White had restated that. I can’t decide what JS really meant by saying this-did he think the judge would say “you know, you’re right. This makes no sense. It can come off.” Or, was that JS’s way of saying to us, the court, and the Farber family, “You aren’t really confining her at all”?

JMO
Prior to all the freedom MT enjoys today, I recall Judge White citing the same -- she could always sit in jail if she doesn't want to wear the monitor-- given it was a COURT ORDER for a condition of her bail release!

I wish Judge White had restated that. I can’t decide what JS really meant by saying this-did he think the judge would say “you know, you’re right. This makes no sense. It can come off.” Or, was that JS’s way of saying to us, the court, and the Farber family, “You aren’t really confining her at all”?

Judge White did restate it:

White told Schoenhorn that he was misinterpreting the purpose of the monitor.

“You’re mischaracterizing the pretrial regulations as punishment, they’re not intended to punish,” he said, noting that Troconis’ life has not been significantly impacted by the terms of her release.

“She’s doing all sorts of things and her life isn’t being impeded,” he said. “But the court has an interest, and the state has an interest, in knowing where she is at any particular time.”

Assistant State’s Attorney Michelle Manning said she strongly objected to Schoenhorn’s request that the monitor be removed, emphasizing the seriousness of the charges Troconis faces.

White denied the motion, ordering her to continue wearing the monitor.

Judge White did restate it:

White told Schoenhorn that he was misinterpreting the purpose of the monitor.

“You’re mischaracterizing the pretrial regulations as punishment, they’re not intended to punish,” he said, noting that Troconis’ life has not been significantly impacted by the terms of her release.

“She’s doing all sorts of things and her life isn’t being impeded,” he said. “But the court has an interest, and the state has an interest, in knowing where she is at any particular time.”

Assistant State’s Attorney Michelle Manning said she strongly objected to Schoenhorn’s request that the monitor be removed, emphasizing the seriousness of the charges Troconis faces.

White denied the motion, ordering her to continue wearing the monitor.

Wondering if an interpreter was present? Maybe her understanding of the english language has dramatically improved in the past 3 years, so an interpreter is no longer necessary. Just curious.

I can’t imagine JD’s children going through another Easter not knowing where their mother rests.

That someone’s desire to get away with murder outweighed their interest in their children having a mother to raise them.

MOO

There will probably be an Easter Instagram coming up, showing the Troconis family enjoying their holiday-without a single thought for the Dulos children. I suppose I can understand MT’s selfishness if she WAS involved in the planning and aftermath of Jennifer’s murder, but if she wasn’t involved…there is absolutely no good reason for MT and her family to be so uncompassionate for those children and their grandmother. It isn’t like the Farber family is prosecuting her or dragging HER name through the mud, after all…

Just as I thought…Easter portrait of the Troconis family on Instagram. I couldn’t post it here because the file was too big. She talks about the 49 years since her parents came together to form their wonderful family. MT must be reading these posts. Aren’t these two parents divorced from each other? Maybe Carlos didn’t want to get tainted by the crimes Marisela was committing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1