Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright-so at some point, there is a pretty good chance that this report is either going to be released to the public, or leaked. I had forgotten that JS was actually given a copy, so that now gets MT off the hook for sneaking either a copy of the report or at least the contents to JS. This is, 100%, about dirtying up Jennifer Farber’s reputation, because, since it has nothing to do with MT, it can’t salvage her reputation. Could this lawsuit be about JS pretending that there are deep dark secrets, and playing to a potential jury about the possibility that they are not getting all of the info they need, so they have to acquit MT-am I making any sense?

You're certainly making sense. Terrific point, as usual.

On the other hand, consider any juror who is divorced, or knows someone who is divorced.

Does the hypothetical juror like the idea of their own court transcript read aloud to anyone interested in listening???

Seems to me that Shoenhorn is saying 'your divorce isn't just yours, it is MINE and be prepared for me to drag you through court AGAIN!' JMHO please understand. Bwhahahahahaha.

jmho ymmv lrr

This dude (JLS) is shameless! I recall he was previously given permission to see the sealed, psych evaluation on the Fotis family after JLS argued that his client, MT, was mentioned [in the report]. But now he's seeking two days of testimony in a divorce proceeding which can't all be about the psych evaluation since the author walked out of the courtroom and refused to testify.

Are family matters including minor children subject to open records and hearings in CT? I hope the court rules there's an expectation of privacy even if the law does not!

From the link:

“I brought this appeal on principle as a regular citizen with a clear constitutional right to attend public court hearings and get certified transcripts from them,” Schoenhorn said Friday. “Any time a judge ever wants to close a courtroom to the public, it first requires a public hearing and a finding that the right of the public is outweighed by something compelling. None of that happened here.”

I wholeheartedly agree with you, @Seattle1 , that the right of the children to privacy outweighs anyone's right to that sealed transcript.

jmho ymmv lrr
I will really wonder about the judicial system if this divorce report becomes public-it’s bad enough that JS was given the psych evaluation for the family. What is he hunting for in the divorce report? What could it be, that would possibly save MT?

I will really wonder about the judicial system if this divorce report becomes public-it’s bad enough that JS was given the psych evaluation for the family. What is he hunting for in the divorce report? What could it be, that would possibly save MT? ^^bbm
I'm confused here... I didn't understand JLS was seeking a divorce report but that he's seeking the certfied court transcript for two days of the divorce hearings (albeit the same hearing where the author of the psych eval abruptly left the courtroom). o_O

I could be wrong where in addition to the psych evaluation on the Dulos family, there's also a divorce report ...

I'm confused here... I didn't understand JLS was seeking a divorce report but that he's seeking the certfied court transcript for two days of the divorce hearings (albeit the same hearing where the author of the psych eval abruptly left the courtroom). o_O

I could be wrong where in addition to the psych evaluation on the Dulos family, there's also a divorce report ...
I didn’t know what else to call the document he wants now, Seattle-he already has the psych report; the transcript, I guess, which is what Ms Moss recorded during the divorce proceedings are what he seems to want made public. If I got that wrong, I hope someone will tell me.

I didn’t know what else to call the document he wants now, Seattle-he already has the psych report; the transcript, I guess, which is what Ms Moss recorded during the divorce proceedings are what he seems to want made public. If I got that wrong, I hope someone will tell me.^^bbm
Thanks, @Jmoose.

OK, by OP's reference to Ms. Moss, that clears up any confusion I had. Given Ms. Moss is the official court reporter, this is not an additional report JLS seeking but the same we've known as his request for a certified copy of the transcript of all courtroom proceedings that took place in a Stamford Superior Court courtroom on May 14, 2019 and May 17, 2019, in the dismissed case of Jennifer Dulos v. Foils Dulos FST-FA17-5016797-S.

And good on Ms. Moss for continuing to refuse JLS's request!

From Melody Moss's July 14, 2021 motion to dismiss:

[..]

Plaintiff has brought a mandamus action seeking an order that Defendant produce for him transcripts of court proceedings in another case which were sealed by another judge of the Superior Court in that case. This Court lacks jurisdiction to order such a mandamus because it would require this Court to invalidate the order issued by another Superior Court judge in another case, essentially acting as an appellate court of review.

In response to Moss's motion to dismiss, JLS blames the Judge and the AGO:

Transcripts of judicial proceedings remain under the sole control and authority of the court reporter by law. Conn. Gen. Stat. § 51-61(c). They are not subject to the whims of judges who fail to follow the law and seek to keep their doings secret. Judge Heller failed to follow the procedural mandates and conducted an unlawful clandestine hearing without making any findings that justified her conduct. Contrary to the defendant’s argument, any attempt by the plaintiff to seek a modification of Judge Heller’s ultra vires act here would not be “the proper method . . . to challenge the sealing order.”2 Def.’s Mem. at 4. Indeed, it is not even “a” proper method.

IMO, if JLS felt so strongly about his argument of open access to the proceedings, he should have thought to attend the hearing himself, or sent his mole to attend on his behalf.

I'm also thinking about a recent criminal motion hearing I'd been following via Twitter where the Judge cleared the courtroom of all reporters and spectators for part of the proceedings that were not open to the public, and shortly thereafter, all were welcome to return to the courtroom. It does happen and it's not necessarily known by the Court or the Parties in advance.

And If I recall correctly, JLS sure does not have a very good record of winning any of the volumes of motions he's filed on behalf of his client, MT. MOO :rolleyes:

They “unofficially” have it, or have seen it. I really believe that the reason he (JS) is pushing so hard is because he wants to make it public, for some reason, and can’t do that unless the court allows it. There must be something in there that doesn’t put Jennifer in a good light. I personally suspect that Jennifer had at one time, had suicidal ideation, or possibly even an attempt, when she was with fD, caused by his outrageous behavior with MT. Somehow this kind of thing is supposed to shine a better light on MT, maybe, or maybe even plant the seed in a jury to think that since no remains have been found, she isn’t really dead. Except for that little trip to Albany Ave, carrying items covered in Jennifer’s blood. I wonder how mad fD and MT were, when they found out they weren’t going to get the kids, and the money, so they did it all for nothing?
Your post is interesting to me specifically because like Jennifer I underwent IVF treatments nearly twenty years ago. The drugs shut down your pituitary and you’re artificially stimulated with other hormones one of which is an anti estrogen and for those of you who are familiar with menopause and/or IVF and other fertility treatment they will wreck your soul. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least that at some point along her journey she may have felt those feelings. Having those feelings while under the enormous pressure is normal. She didn’t off herself or disappear. She had all those children because she loved them and wanted them. It’s an enormous task emotionally, mentally, physically and financially to endure what she did to grow her family. All IMO
Jennifer’s children were most likely FD insurance that he would and could get whatever he wanted.

Friday, June 17th:
*Sentencing Hearing (Violation) & Review Hearing (assault) (@ 2pm ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 56) arrested & charged (1/7/20) & arraigned (2/20/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. Held on $2M bond. Bond reduced (10/7/20) to $246K. Bond posted (10/19/20).
Court info from 1/7/20 thru 12/20/21 reference post #195 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-55.609653/page-10

1/18/22 Update: Brief virtual hearing for Mawhinney during which Judge John F. Blawie put the case on the trial docket but with no date yet. There is no future court date at the moment, but that will only happen if a new motion is filed or new information arises. Also learned today a request was previously granted to allow Mawhinney to travel for family business to Cape Cod & Florida. The judge & Mawhinney’s attorney noted he’s been compliant with the terms of his release since he posted bond in October 2020.
*Charged (1/21/19) spousal sexual assault, disorderly conduct & 2nd degree unlawful restraint & on June 26, 2019 with violating of a protective order. Plead not guilty. $500 bond for each count.
*Divorce case - 11/6/20: Uncontested dissolution of divorce granted.
When bond made – on house arrest, surrender passport & no contact with co-defendants. Dulos’ former civil lawyer who represented Dulos against a $2.5 million civil lawsuit filed by his mother-in-law.

Court info from 2/14/20 thru 2/23/22 reference post #195 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-55.609653/page-10

4/19/22 Update: Sentencing (Violation) & review (assault) hearing have been rescheduled to 5/3/22. 5/3/22 Update: Both the sentencing & review hearings were rescheduled on 6/14/22. 5/20/22 Update: Hearings have been moved to 6/17/22.
*Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 47) – Cases #021178T, #0167364T & #0148553T: Pretrial hearing on 7/14/22.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it. 1/17/22: After debt, no money left in Dulos estate for children. While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records. Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate & attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."

Friday, June 17th:
*Sentencing Hearing (Violation) & Review Hearing (assault) (@ 2pm ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 56) arrested & charged (1/7/20) & arraigned (2/20/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. Held on $2M bond. Bond reduced (10/7/20) to $246K. Bond posted (10/19/20).
Court info from 1/7/20 thru 12/20/21 reference post #195 here:

1/18/22 Update: Brief virtual hearing for Mawhinney during which Judge John F. Blawie put the case on the trial docket but with no date yet. There is no future court date at the moment, but that will only happen if a new motion is filed or new information arises. Also learned today a request was previously granted to allow Mawhinney to travel for family business to Cape Cod & Florida. The judge & Mawhinney’s attorney noted he’s been compliant with the terms of his release since he posted bond in October 2020.
*Charged (1/21/19) spousal sexual assault, disorderly conduct & 2nd degree unlawful restraint & on June 26, 2019 with violating of a protective order. Plead not guilty. $500 bond for each count.
*Divorce case - 11/6/20: Uncontested dissolution of divorce granted.
When bond made – on house arrest, surrender passport & no contact with co-defendants. Dulos’ former civil lawyer who represented Dulos against a $2.5 million civil lawsuit filed by his mother-in-law.

Court info from 2/14/20 thru 2/23/22 reference post #195 here:

4/19/22 Update: Sentencing (Violation) & review (assault) hearing have been rescheduled to 5/3/22. 5/3/22 Update: Both the sentencing & review hearings were rescheduled on 6/14/22. 5/20/22 Update: Hearings have been moved to 6/17/22.
*Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 47) – Cases #021178T, #0167364T & #0148553T: Pretrial hearing on 7/14/22.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it. 1/17/22: After debt, no money left in Dulos estate for children. While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records. Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate & attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."
Wow-so, close to $300k in expenses are owed to the lawyers. Subtract that amount from the more than $500k in “expenses”, and you’ve got at least something for the kids. What a g-d racket this all is!

Mawhinnney is being sentenced today?

Kent Mawhinney — charged in the death and disappearance of Jennifer Dulos — is seeking payment on a defaulted mortgage from an incarcerated sex offender who once told state police he was offering “slave training” to children, court documents said…

With the unpaid taxes and fees, Mawhinney is asking a judge to order Hessler to pay him $349,465. But Mawhinney said in court documents, Hessler “is incarcerated in a federal facility for a minimum of 20 years” and “he has no ability to pay the current debt.”

Mawhinney purchased the note for the mortgage and is now seeking payment from Hessler, who is in a federal prison in New York. The mortgage is for a home on North Park Street in Ellington that Hessler purchased in 2014 for $225,000, court documents and town records show.

The circumstances of Mawhinney purchasing the defaulted mortgage are unclear. A judge ruled in May that Hessler was in default for not responding to the lawsuit, which was filed in November. Based on the ruling, Mawhinney filed for a judgment in the case on May 27. That motion has not been heard…

Mawhinney also was going through an acrimonious divorce in 2019. He was charged with spousal sexual assault and accused of violating a protective order barring him from contacting her.

Those allegations will be settled Friday when he is sentenced to five years probation on a charge of violating a protective order.

Kent Mawhinney — charged in the death and disappearance of Jennifer Dulos — is seeking payment on a defaulted mortgage from an incarcerated sex offender who once told state police he was offering “slave training” to children, court documents said…

With the unpaid taxes and fees, Mawhinney is asking a judge to order Hessler to pay him $349,465. But Mawhinney said in court documents, Hessler “is incarcerated in a federal facility for a minimum of 20 years” and “he has no ability to pay the current debt.”

Mawhinney purchased the note for the mortgage and is now seeking payment from Hessler, who is in a federal prison in New York. The mortgage is for a home on North Park Street in Ellington that Hessler purchased in 2014 for $225,000, court documents and town records show.

The circumstances of Mawhinney purchasing the defaulted mortgage are unclear. A judge ruled in May that Hessler was in default for not responding to the lawsuit, which was filed in November. Based on the ruling, Mawhinney filed for a judgment in the case on May 27. That motion has not been heard…

Mawhinney also was going through an acrimonious divorce in 2019. He was charged with spousal sexual assault and accused of violating a protective order barring him from contacting her.

Those allegations will be settled Friday when he is sentenced to five years probation on a charge of violating a protective order.

Thanks-How long before he violates the current protective order-any bets?

Is that a "done deal" - 5 years probation? Or should I wait until after the hearing? TIA! :)
This email is to inform you about a change involving the defendant Kent Mawhinney and docket number H14HCR190281509T. The defendant has been sentenced as of 06/17/2022.

This e-mail is to inform you about a change involving a Standing Criminal Protective Order on docket number H14HCR190281509T. The terms and conditions of the order were modified on 06/17/2022. This order will expire on 06/17/2027. It is possible that other orders of protection related to the defendant exist

This e-mail is to inform you about a change involving the defendant Kent Mawhinney and docket number HHD CR190266274T. The case will not be prosecuted and has been marked nolle prosequi as of 06/17/2022.

*Kent Mawhinney — charged in the death and disappearance of Jennifer Dulos — was given a five-year suspended prison sentence and three years of probation on a domestic violence charge following an emotional court proceeding Friday afternoon…Under the plea, Mawhinney does not admit guilt, but agrees there is sufficient evidence to potentially be convicted.That charge was nolled, meaning it was dropped as long as he remains out of trouble for the next 13 months…

“He is presently in a relationship, which is going well,” Kestenband said. “There are no claims of domestic violence.”

For more information or assistance, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. Or, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov for more information. Connecticut SAVIN information is also available at www.vinelink.com.

Last edited:
“He is presently in a relationship, which is going well,” Kestenband said. “There are no claims of domestic violence.”

From the link -- I wasn't aware that the couple had only been married for 5 years or that the estranged wife was once his client (KM was married with 3 children when he met the estranged wife). Since they shared no children together, it makes sense estranged wife wanted a lifetime restraining order versus only 5 years as ordered by the court.

From the link -- I wasn't aware that the couple had only been married for 5 years or that the estranged wife was once his client (KM was married with 3 children when he met the estranged wife). Since they shared no children together, it makes sense estranged wife wanted a lifetime restraining order versus only 5 years as ordered by the court.
This ruling makes me sad, angry and tired.

It would seem that DV is real, everywhere but in the courtroom.

No one is safe.

JMO

This email is to inform you about a change involving the defendant Kent Mawhinney and docket number H14HCR190281509T. The defendant has been sentenced as of 06/17/2022.

This e-mail is to inform you about a change involving a Standing Criminal Protective Order on docket number H14HCR190281509T. The terms and conditions of the order were modified on 06/17/2022. This order will expire on 06/17/2027. It is possible that other orders of protection related to the defendant exist

This e-mail is to inform you about a change involving the defendant Kent Mawhinney and docket number HHD CR190266274T. The case will not be prosecuted and has been marked nolle prosequi as of 06/17/2022.

*Kent Mawhinney — charged in the death and disappearance of Jennifer Dulos — was given a five-year suspended prison sentence and three years of probation on a domestic violence charge following an emotional court proceeding Friday afternoon…Under the plea, Mawhinney does not admit guilt, but agrees there is sufficient evidence to potentially be convicted.That charge was nolled, meaning it was dropped as long as he remains out of trouble for the next 13 months…

For more information or assistance, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. Or, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov for more information. Connecticut SAVIN information is also available at www.vinelink.com.
Who is he in a relationship with now????

Who looks at his history and thinks, "I eat a piece of that"??????

And round and round it goes.

JMO

Who is he in a relationship with now????

Who looks at his history and thinks, "I eat a piece of that"??????

And round and round it goes.

JMO
Quoting myself because it's too late to edit. Unfortunate typo/autocorrect --
Not 'eat', 'want' -- who thinks 'I want a piece of that'?

In any case, how does a 'no contact order' protect anyone? I'd be terrified.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member