Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks much. 67 pgs.! Here's an excerpt of recent Courant article on the SC appeal.

“But, regardless of the validity or propriety of the order being challenged, the jurisdictional deficiency remains the same. The plaintiff’s petition for a writ of mandamus is nothing more than an impermissible collateral attack on the sealing order imposed by the trial court,” Sheridan wrote.

Schoenhorn argues the facts in the Dulos case distinguish it from Valvo. Among other things, he said the materials sought in the Valvo case were docket sheets — official court records that influential parties to divorces had persuaded courts to seal. Transcripts, he said, are verbatim accounts kept by independent court reporters and not subject to editing or control by judges.

n addition, he said there is no dispute about the validity of the sealing order in Valvo as opposed to that in the Dulos case, in which the parties are either dead or presumed so..."

Thanks much. 67 pgs.! Here's an excerpt of recent Courant article on the SC appeal.

“But, regardless of the validity or propriety of the order being challenged, the jurisdictional deficiency remains the same. The plaintiff’s petition for a writ of mandamus is nothing more than an impermissible collateral attack on the sealing order imposed by the trial court,” Sheridan wrote.

Schoenhorn argues the facts in the Dulos case distinguish it from Valvo. Among other things, he said the materials sought in the Valvo case were docket sheets — official court records that influential parties to divorces had persuaded courts to seal. Transcripts, he said, are verbatim accounts kept by independent court reporters and not subject to editing or control by judges.

n addition, he said there is no dispute about the validity of the sealing order in Valvo as opposed to that in the Dulos case, in which the parties are either dead or presumed so..."

Just another way to invade the children's lives & try to dishonor their mother!

1657663452950.png
image from facebook.com

1657663509277.png
image from fox61.com

jmho ymmv lrr

Obviously MT really hated JFD to the point that she is STILL compelled to try to ruin her, or dirty her up, after she helped plan her murder and disappearance of her remains. These are the actions, in my opinion, of a desperate and guilty person. Still holding JFD responsible for everything that’s happened since 5/24/19. It seems that she still hates JFD more than she hates fD, the man who got her involved with his ex, and then left her to take the rap without him. Why does she hate JFD and her mom and children more than she hates fD?

Obviously MT really hated JFD to the point that she is STILL compelled to try to ruin her, or dirty her up, after she helped plan her murder and disappearance of her remains. These are the actions, in my opinion, of a desperate and guilty person. Still holding JFD responsible for everything that’s happened since 5/24/19. It seems that she still hates JFD more than she hates fD, the man who got her involved with his ex, and then left her to take the rap without him. Why does she hate JFD and her mom and children more than she hates fD?
Simple really.

JD is all the things naturally that MT has to work so hard to fake being.

Posers hate the real thing.

JMO

It would seem like that. But I was surprised to read that it was Jennifer's lawyer who objected to the judge's closing the courtroom and sealing part of the proceedings. Seems to me he didn't feel there was anything to hide about Jennifer. Maybe it had something to do with Fotis.

It would seem like that. But I was surprised to read that it was Jennifer's lawyer who objected to the judge's closing the courtroom and sealing part of the proceedings. Seems to me he didn't feel there was anything to hide about Jennifer. Maybe it had something to do with Fotis.
Could there be information about FD's mental health? A diagnosis lending to being controlling, abusive? Something MT's attorney wants to exploit, to present her as JD 2.0, FD's next victim? That she's innocent of the charges because she was manipulated by FD? And that's also why she's using social media to further coopt Jennifer's story, same same? She's just a parent-loving, community-involved, beloved mother who FD used?

As if.

JMO

Could there be information about FD's mental health? A diagnosis lending to being controlling, abusive? Something MT's attorney wants to exploit, to present her as JD 2.0, FD's next victim? That she's innocent of the charges because she was manipulated by FD? And that's also why she's using social media to further coopt Jennifer's story, same same? She's just a parent-loving, community-involved, beloved mother who FD used?

As if.

JMO
Interesting…this could be! Here I have been assuming that her issue was based on her negative relationship with JFD (I came to this because of various events where MT and family denigrated JFD and her mother), but yes, this could be. Except that MT could have left fD at any time, unlike JFD. MT was not married to fD, and owned no assets in common with him, and most importantly, had no children with him. According to MTs social media, she is a woman who owns her own business, and had many, many marketable skills. I know that domestic abuse is complicated, and there are many types of DA, but there isn’t any evidence that she suffered from it, or tried to remove herself and her daughter from his presence or influence-and her daughter’s father made no attempt to intervene. This defense tactic is a pretty good guess, but as a juror, I wouldn’t buy it. Especially when she could have made some self-serving statements to the police after fD’s death, if she was afraid of him before he died.

Interesting…this could be! Here I have been assuming that her issue was based on her negative relationship with JFD (I came to this because of various events where MT and family denigrated JFD and her mother), but yes, this could be. Except that MT could have left fD at any time, unlike JFD. MT was not married to fD, and owned no assets in common with him, and most importantly, had no children with him. According to MTs social media, she is a woman who owns her own business, and had many, many marketable skills. I know that domestic abuse is complicated, and there are many types of DA, but there isn’t any evidence that she suffered from it, or tried to remove herself and her daughter from his presence or influence-and her daughter’s father made no attempt to intervene. This defense tactic is a pretty good guess, but as a juror, I wouldn’t buy it. Especially when she could have made some self-serving statements to the police after fD’s death, if she was afraid of him before he died.
Starting to make sense as a defense strategy. MT as a victim. Frankly it's about all they've got. Yes, those were her fingerprints on the bag but she feared for her life so she complied. Again, as if. Hard sell for all the reasons you cite.

Imcluding not coming forward the minute the threat killed himself.

JMO

Ugh-that witch is starting to Instagram again; she must be feeling the need to reassure herself that she is great!
I don't think it's accidental. She's trying to reinvent herself. As Jennifer. For her defense team's strategy. A really good person who the really bad person manipulated and controlled. A victim.

It's not working.

JMO

When this finally goes to trial, and the newly minted MT shows up with a mousy librarian look, I hope the prosecution runs some displays. The one time she took a selfie. Her nudes. A couple buckets of Legoes. Hefty bags with her fingerprints.

Show her for all she's worth.

JMO

When this finally goes to trial, and the newly minted MT shows up with a mousy librarian look, I hope the prosecution runs some displays. The one time she took a selfie. Her nudes. A couple buckets of Legoes. Hefty bags with her fingerprints.

Show her for all she's worth.

JMO

I want the jury to see the crotch-grab & double-bird pics.

Before or after the nudes.

Then I expect to see that yellow jumpsuit!

jmho ymmv lrr

Yeah, postponed if her attorney can find any possible method to arrange that, imho.

(Although JS has been effective so far, the term "good criminal defense attorney" just, just, well, nope imho.)

jmho ymmv driving to Carvel,, lrr after swimming in the quarry at Kiwanis Park

With all the postponements - I haven't been able to post this - so will now shorten it up a bit.

Thursday, July 28th:
*Pretrial Hearings-Remote (all cases) (@ 11am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 47) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19).
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20).
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond.
Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 3/24/22 reference post #155 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...w-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-55.609653/page-8

3/25/22: Superior Court Judge Gary White will not drop some charges against Troconis. Attorney Jon Schoenhorn, who represents Troconis, sought to have those additional charges dismissed, in part due to errors in the arrest warrant. Among those errors, State police Detective John Kimball wrote that Troconis was seen on surveillance video leaning out of a pickup truck, either placing something on the ground or picking something up. Stamford Superior Court Judge Gary White ruled that the errors do not appear to be intentional or reckless but were "simply inadvertent." "The court finds that [Troconis] fails to establish that Detective Kimball's misstatement was intentional or reckless, as opposed to simply inadvertent," White wrote in his ruling. "Furthermore, assuming arguendo that the defendant had properly established that this false statement was intentionally or recklessly included in the affidavit, whether the Raptor made thirty—as opposed to three—stops along Albany Avenue is wholly immaterial to a finding of probable cause. As the state persuasively notes, no issuing magistrate would conclude that thirty stops to dispose of allegedly bloody evidence is sufficient to establish probable cause, whereas three—or even one—is not." Motion to dismiss charges-denied. Pretrial hearing on 3/29/22 & to discuss motions.
3/29/22 Update: The hearing did not resolve Schoenhorn’s most recent request to have Stamford Superior Court Judge Gary White explain his rationale in determining that alleged misstatements by state police investigators in arrest warrants for his client amounted to “inadvertent” errors & “minor inconsistencies.” Judge White didn't want to hear JS's new motion today. Judge White said that he was aware of Schoenhorn’s request, which was filed Monday & would make a ruling on it at a later date. Judge White denied defense’s motion to remove GPS. Troconis must continue to wear the anklet. Prosecutors have now turned over “thousands of pages” of investigative materials related to the death & disappearance of Jennifer Dulos, Schoenhorn said that the documents appeared to include forensic evidence that he sought for months from prosecutors in an effort to defend Troconis. She appeared remotely Tuesday for a court hearing in front of Judge Gary White. In other motions filed ahead of Tuesday’s court hearing, Schoenhorn had also complained that prosecutors are withholding evidence vital to the defense including documents that he alleged were collected by the federal Department of Homeland Security to investigate Fotis Dulos. Assistant State’s Attorney Michelle Manning told White that U.S. District Court Judge Victor Bolden had unsealed records related to Homeland Security’s investigation into Dulos & unnamed “Greek nationals.” She said that federal authorities were in the process of creating an external hard drive with those materials to turn over to state prosecutors & the defense. Schoenhorn did press Judge White to order the State to return laptops & other electronics seized from Troconis. Judge White said that prosecutors should be able to determine which items belonged to Troconis & were no longer of evidentiary value so that they could be returned. Judge White set the next hearing date for Troconis' case on 6/7/22, adding that Troconis may appear remotely.
6/3/22 Update: The State Supreme Court has agreed to hear an appeal filed by Troconis’ attorney to obtain transcripts of Dulos divorce proceedings that he claims were improperly sealed. A Superior Court judge denied attorney Jon Schoenhorn’s request in January, 2022 to receive the transcripts, which were of a two-day hearing on a family psychological report that occurred just days before Jennifer Dulos disappeared in May 2019. Schoenhorn filed an appeal with the State Appellate Court earlier this year, but the State Supreme Court agreed to take up the case in May. Pretrial hearing on 6/7/22 has been rescheduled on 7/14/22. Troconis is expected to indicate that she wants a trial during her next court appearance July 14.
7/7/22 Update: Schoenhorn, lawyer representing Troconis, argues in a brief to the state Supreme Court that his client should be allowed to receive Jennifer Farber Dulos' divorce transcripts because a lower court erred in denying the request for the documents. Schoenhorn filed a 67-page brief with the Connecticut Supreme Court this week, a little over a month after the state Supreme Court agreed to hear the appeal for the documents. When Schoenhorn sought the transcripts from the proceedings, which he argues he needs in the defense of his client, he was denied them by Chief Court Reporter Melodie Moss. Schoenhorn sued Moss, but lost the case because Superior Court Judge David Sheriden essentially said the suit against Moss was an indirect shot at the decision to seal the documents. Schoenhorn appealed that decision, and it will now be heard by the state Supreme Court; when that will happen has not been determined.
7/8/22 Update: Pretrial hearing on 7/14/22 has been rescheduled on 7/28/22.
*Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 57) – Murder: Judge John F. Blawie put the case on the trial docket but with no date yet. There is no future court date at the moment, but that will only happen if a new motion is filed or new information arises. Court hearing re awaiting disposition. 2/23/22: Plead guilty to a charge of violating a protective order that stemmed from an incident involving his ex-wife. Sentenced for violation & assault on 6/17/22 was given a 5 year suspended prison sentence & 3 years of probation on a domestic violence charge.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it. 1/17/22: After debt, no money left in Dulos estate for children. While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records. Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate & attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1