Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the rug seems to be a continued point of contention. LE says it’s not related to JD case , yet there are those that don’t agree. The person that found the weighed down carpet . Does he still have possession ? Has it been to forensics lab? Just seems way to quick to dismiss it .

Just received this information. I'm not really sure if it relates to the Dulos case or his troubled marriage, but thought I'd pass it along...

09/30/2022

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that KENT MAWHINNEY, with docket number FST CR200241179T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Disposition Hearing has been scheduled for 10/03/2022. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The Connecticut SAVIN Program

Just received this information. I'm not really sure if it relates to the Dulos case or his troubled marriage, but thought I'd pass it along...

09/30/2022

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that KENT MAWHINNEY, with docket number FST CR200241179T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Disposition Hearing has been scheduled for 10/03/2022. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The Connecticut SAVIN Program

That case # is for his conspires to commit murder case. Thanks! :)

I shall shorten this up a bit.

Monday, October 3rd:
*Disposition Hearing (@ am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 57) arrested & charged (1/7/20) & arraigned (2/20/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. Held on $2M bond. Bond reduced (10/7/20) to $246K. Bond posted (10/19/20).
Court info from 1/7/20 thru 12/20/21 reference post #250 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-55.609653/page-13

1/18/22 Update: Brief virtual hearing for Mawhinney during which Judge John F. Blawie put the case on the trial docket but with no date yet. There is no future court date at the moment, but that will only happen if a new motion is filed or new information arises. Also learned today a request was previously granted to allow Mawhinney to travel for family business to Cape Cod & Florida. The judge & Mawhinney’s attorney noted he’s been compliant with the terms of his release since he posted bond in October 2020.
9/30/22 Update: Disposition hearing on 10/3/22.
*Charged (1/21/19) spousal sexual assault, disorderly conduct & 2nd degree unlawful restraint & on June 26, 2019 with violating of a protective order. Plead not guilty. $500 bond for each count.
*Divorce case - 11/6/20: Uncontested dissolution of divorce granted.
If bond made – on house arrest, surrender passport & no contact with co-defendants. Dulos’ former civil lawyer who represented Dulos against a $2.5 million civil lawsuit filed by his mother-in-law.

Court info from 2/14/20 thru 5/3/22 reference post #250 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-55.609653/page-13

5/20/22 Update: Hearings have been moved to 6/17/22. 6/17/22 Update: Mawhinney was given a five-year suspended prison sentence & three years of probation on a domestic violence charge following an emotional court proceeding Friday afternoon. Mawhinney is also required to have no contact with his ex-wife for five years, seek mental health & substance abuse evaluations & attend domestic violence counseling. That charge was nolled, meaning it was dropped as long as he remains out of trouble for the next 13 months. But under an agreement forged between his attorneys & Hartford State’s Attorney Sharmese Walcott, Mawhinney pleaded guilty under the Alford Doctrine to one count of violating a protective order. Under the plea, Mawhinney does not admit guilt, but agrees there is sufficient evidence to potentially be convicted. His former wife spoke for nearly an hour during Friday’s sentencing, detailing episodes of financial & sexual abuse she claimed Mawhinney committed during their five-year marriage.
9/12/22 Update: CSP released about their response to the Farmington River. Divers & paranormal investigator who has been trying to help find Dulos, pulled a stained carpet from the river. They say it was held down by cinder blocks. Do not know if this is connected to the Dulos case. This body of water is not far from the former Dulos properties in Farmington. State Police say rug pulled from Farmington River is not connected to the Jennifer Dulos case or any other criminal investigation.
*Michelle C. Tronconis (44/now 47) – Cases #021178T, #0167364T & #0148553T: Pretrial hearing on 10/18/22.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it. 1/17/22: After debt, no money left in Dulos estate for children. While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records. Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate & attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."

Per Marissa Alter

HAPPENING TODAY: Kent Mawhinney, charged as a co-conspirator in the murder of Jennifer Dulos, is in court for a hearing on his bond conditions. I’m told the tamper alarm on his GPS anklet went off. The company got out there & replaced it but said it was tampered with.
@News12CT

If he can't abide by the terms of his release -- namely not tampering with his monitor -- why isn't his release in question?

They should let him tamper with ankle bracelet all he wants. Behind bars.

JMO

On one hand I like that he is going back into custody and may stay there depending upon whether he has the money to pay the new amount. IIRC he had to put his parents house in Florida up for collaterol last time and they lowered his initial bond maybe?Was his father sick? He languished in jail for quite a while. On the other hand this further erodes his credibility as a witness against MT - . I really want him to get an attack of intergrity and just do the right thing and tell all her knows bc I know the other defendant is certainly not going to spill the beans. Mawhinny's court date is in January.

On one hand I like that he is going back into custody and may stay there depending upon whether he has the money to pay the new amount. IIRC he had to put his parents house in Florida up for collaterol last time and they lowered his initial bond maybe?Was his father sick? He languished in jail for quite a while. On the other hand this further erodes his credibility as a witness against MT - . I really want him to get an attack of intergrity and just do the right thing and tell all her knows bc I know the other defendant is certainly not going to spill the beans. Mawhinny's court date is in January.

Held on $2M bond. Bond reduced (10/7/20) to $246K. Bond posted (10/19/20).

And did you get a date in January? TIA! :)

So was the bond raised BY $1.5M or TO $1.5M?

Where do we suppose he was hoping to go, had he gotten his monitor off? Grave digging at the CC? To his ex wife's to fix her garage door? With a gas can and a crow bar maybe. Patagonia? Pat-a-gone-guy.

For the safety of all involved, I hope he can't make bail.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member