Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something occurred to me last week, and while it’s not particularly significant, I started wondering about it. I wonder if this will come up in Michelle Troconis’s trial. They (fD and MT) went to the trouble of taking cash out of the bank to pay for detailing OG’s truck. Normally, this could be considered a business expense, since PG’d had Dulos’s truck on the 24th, leaving fD with PG’s truck. FORE Group could have easily made a case for this being a business expense, and yet fD deliberately chose not to use one of his many credit cards to pay for it, and expense it. We know why he did this; he didn’t want any record of the activity. The question I have is why didn’t MT ask him about it, or tell the police about it? She wasn’t supposed to know that Jennifer’s blood was all over the truck, so why would she think it was appropriate to pay cash for deep cleaning the truck? It’s possible that she doesn’t understand the accounting process, but I think it’s clear that this outing was not supposed to be discovered, which says to me that, at the very, very least, she was an accessory after the fact. Of course, I also think she knew in advance of the murder and helped concoct the plan. She’s going to be going to prison for something, it seems.
Reportedly, the Tacoma vehicle was both driven and detailed without permission, and paying for the auto detail service in cash certainly did not prevent police from tracing the transaction.
IMO, what's most important here is that MT is on surveillance driving the SUV following FD to the car wash which I believe they omitted from their alibi notes. JMO

Reportedly, the Tacoma vehicle was both driven and detailed without permission, and paying for the auto detail service in cash certainly did not prevent police from tracing the transaction.
IMO, what's most important here is that MT is on surveillance driving the SUV following FD to the car wash which I believe they omitted from their alibi notes. JMO

Exactly right. She knew that it had to be kept quiet (although ultimately, LE discovered it). She would have mentioned it to LE, if she thought it was inconsequential, like what she fed her daughter for breakfast). But she knew they were doing something important, and why it was important. And why they had to pay cash for it.

Last edited:
Something occurred to me last week, and while it’s not particularly significant, I started wondering about it. I wonder if this will come up in Michelle Troconis’s trial. They (fD and MT) went to the trouble of taking cash out of the bank to pay for detailing OG’s truck. Normally, this could be considered a business expense, since PG’d had Dulos’s truck on the 24th, leaving fD with PG’s truck. FORE Group could have easily made a case for this being a business expense, and yet fD deliberately chose not to use one of his many credit cards to pay for it, and expense it. We know why he did this; he didn’t want any record of the activity. The question I have is why didn’t MT ask him about it, or tell the police about it? She wasn’t supposed to know that Jennifer’s blood was all over the truck, so why would she think it was appropriate to pay cash for deep cleaning the truck? It’s possible that she doesn’t understand the accounting process, but I think it’s clear that this outing was not supposed to be discovered, which says to me that, at the very, very least, she was an accessory after the fact. Of course, I also think she knew in advance of the murder and helped concoct the plan. She’s going to be going to prison for something, it seems.
The day FD and MT took the truck in for detailing was also the day MT and FD met with Andrew Bowman, wasn't it?

Yes, that was the day

IMO, I recall a few years ago, maybe 4 months into the case, many of us agreed that Atty. B (MT’s original attorney) was not in control of his client as she invoked the 5th on every question asked in the civil case depo. We thought this was true because she was unable to tell the truth about anything related to the FORE group financial shenanigans or FD and possibly the upcoming criminal case, at the time. At that time it was discovered that she was involved in FD hiding money (gave MT $75K) which was used as a “loan” to purchase real estate etc…details are a bit vague, but what isn’t vague is didn’t MT take the 5th because she was involved in hiding multiple funds and moving money for places unknown to protect herself and FD in the civil case?

I guess my point is, IMO this woman is very crafty and very well aware and was not at all afraid of FD. In fact, it appeared that she very much admired his behavior and encouraged/supported it and lied and took the 5th to defend their respective behaviors on many civil and criminal occasions. IMO, MT is well aware of the difference between right and wrong. She just got caught and her now self-deceased co-conspirator left her alone to defend herself with mounds of evidence against her. I think in this case, if found guilty, it’s life in prison. I hope so, anyhow. Justice for Jennifer, please. I wish KM would chime in and soon.

IMO, I recall a few years ago, maybe 4 months into the case, many of us agreed that Atty. B (MT’s original attorney) was not in control of his client as she invoked the 5th on every question asked in the civil case depo. We thought this was true because she was unable to tell the truth about anything related to the FORE group financial shenanigans or FD and possibly the upcoming criminal case, at the time. At that time it was discovered that she was involved in FD hiding money (gave MT $75K) which was used as a “loan” to purchase real estate etc…details are a bit vague, but what isn’t vague is didn’t MT take the 5th because she was involved in hiding multiple funds and moving money for places unknown to protect herself and FD in the civil case?

I guess my point is, IMO this woman is very crafty and very well aware and was not at all afraid of FD. In fact, it appeared that she very much admired his behavior and encouraged/supported it and lied and took the 5th to defend their respective behaviors on many civil and criminal occasions. IMO, MT is well aware of the difference between right and wrong. She just got caught and her now self-deceased co-conspirator left her alone to defend herself with mounds of evidence against her. I think in this case, if found guilty, it’s life in prison. I hope so, anyhow. Justice for Jennifer, please. I wish KM would chime in and soon.
I was thinking of this myself, the other day, and wishing that they would pursue the financial aspect of this case as well-but it doesn’t look like there was ever any real interest in doing that. I believe she and Fotis (and who knows, maybe KM) were heavily involved in laundering money they had no right to.

As far as KM goes, I think he will have plenty to say-how effective his testimony will be, is another question.

I was thinking of this myself, the other day, and wishing that they would pursue the financial aspect of this case as well-but it doesn’t look like there was ever any real interest in doing that. I believe she and Fotis (and who knows, maybe KM) were heavily involved in laundering money they had no right to.

As far as KM goes, I think he will have plenty to say-how effective his testimony will be, is another question.

So true. Wondering as well why mortgage fraud/bank fraud and tax evasion weren't all pursued. All state and federal crimes. Was MT involved in creating falsified financial statements for the FORE group and using them as part of a loan package to many banks? I think she was knee deep in FORE malfeasance and that’s why she took the 5th, but not clear why these things weren’t pursued.

Another outstanding curiosity for me is will team GF file a civil wrongful death suit? AW2 is very clear that MT’s involvement was loud and clear in the disappearance and murder of Jennifer, so I hope so! Justice for Jennifer.

So true. Wondering as well why mortgage fraud/bank fraud and tax evasion weren't all pursued. All state and federal crimes. Was MT involved in creating falsified financial statements for the FORE group and using them as part of a loan package to many banks? I think she was knee deep in FORE malfeasance and that’s why she took the 5th, but not clear why these things weren’t pursued.

Another outstanding curiosity for me is will team GF file a civil wrongful death suit? AW2 is very clear that MT’s involvement was loud and clear in the disappearance and murder of Jennifer, so I hope so! Justice for Jennifer.
These are all legitimately prosecutable crimes, separate from the murder and conspiracy charges. I really don’t understand why they abandoned them. Unless they knew they just would never be able to untangle the mess.

These are all legitimately prosecutable crimes, separate from the murder and conspiracy charges. I really don’t understand why they abandoned them. Unless they knew they just would never be able to untangle the mess.
It was revealed at a state hearing in the criminal case that the FBI was investigating the Dulos case. Money laundering, etc., are federal crimes. Feds might be waiting until criminal case goes through trial before revealing what they have?

IIRC MT had a twin brother. It's been so long but I seem to remember that the boy twin died sometime in his early teen years. I have often wondered if in meeting FD, MT felt an immediate bond and kinship because FD was so much like her brother in demeanor and personality.
To me, it would stand to reason since Imo FD and MT seemed to mirror one another and were truly cut from the same cloth. I even found FT's sister(surrogate mother?)to be similar in demanor to MT's mother.

MT was never an innocent bystander. Quite the opposite - she was a very active participant.

all my own speculation and opinion

Remember FD's deposition in the Farber civil case when he said a NYC lawyer named "Phufas", or something, was funneling funds from an "unknown" source in Greece to pay FD's legal bills? IMO sounds like money laundering investigation is called for there.
Good memory....Attorney Phufas was a NY attorney if I remember correctly with a small practice.

It was also in that deposition that FD stated that some cars in question had been shipped back from Greece also. The car involved with the accident involving his mother was one of them.

I was always quite amazed at the amount of shipping between CT and Greece....FD's "family heirlooms" that Reina removed from 4 JX, too.

I was left wondering if JFD's body made a trip out to sea also. FD was certainly confident it would never be found, IMO.

Good memory....Attorney Phufas was a NY attorney if I remember correctly with a small practice.

It was also in that deposition that FD stated that some cars in question had been shipped back from Greece also. The car involved with the accident involving his mother was one of them.

I was always quite amazed at the amount of shipping between CT and Greece....FD's "family heirlooms" that Reina removed from 4 JX, too.

I was left wondering if JFD's body made a trip out to sea also. FD was certainly confident it would never be found, IMO.
I had all those questions, too. And I seem to remember--tho' I may be wrong--that KM had a friend in Mass. who had a boat.

I have always wondered if she was shipped off to Greece too.

I wondered if her remains left for Greece, too.
Or did KM take her fishing?

The snugness of FD was off the charts.

No room for compassion or decency when you're altogether full of yourself.

JMO
Yeah, he was smug, wasn’t he? He loved nobody but himself.

Monday, Sept. 25th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 48) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
Trial set to begin with jury selection on 10/4/23.
Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial.

Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 9/7/23 reference post #470 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-56.683382/page-24

9/8/23 Update: When it comes to the cell tower data, Schoenhorn argues that it should be suppressed. He especially wants all AT&T data to be inadmissible since that’s Troconis’s carrier. He believes that evidence is also “overly broad”. “When the police are trying to investigate a disappearance, sure, they’re entitled to get whatever data they can through the issuance of a search warrant. But you can’t use a wet sponge for the bullseye when a dart with a pinpoint will suffice,” Schoenhorn said. The judge ruled that the warrant was not overly broad, but Schoenhorn is arguing now that the search warrant was improperly executed. Next hearing on 9/13/23.
9/13/23 Update: Troconis’ attorney filed a motion for a speedy trial today, which the judge has granted. He’s set jury selection for 10/4/23. Should know where jury selection will occur later today. The judge says he intends to file his ruling on defense’s motion for change of venue. Jon Schoenhorn wants the case moved from Stamford to Hartford due to pretrial publicity. Judge Kevin Randolph has denied the defense motion for change of venue to move trial from Stamford to Hartford. Randolph said Stamford is the proper venue & there was insufficient evidence she can’t get a fair trial in Stamford due to pretrial publicity. There is insufficient evidence that vindictiveness and ill will against Michelle Troconis has flooded a prospective jury pool in the Stamford/Norwalk Judicial District," Randolph wrote in the document before announcing the trial would remain in Stamford. On Wednesday, Schoenhorn & Supervisory Assistant State’s Attorney Michelle Manning continued to question witnesses regarding some of the actions taken by the Connecticut State Police. Schoenhorn claims the actions were “unreasonable” & that some of the evidence gathered during a search of the Farmington home where Troconis lived should be thrown out. Connecticut State Police Detective Sgt. Michael Beauton, who helped execute the search warrant at the Farmington home questioned by Schoenhorn. Attorneys in the case will continue interviewing witnesses on the remaining motions on 9/25/23. Troconis is slated to appear remotely for the proceeding. Judge Randolph recently ruled the police affidavit provided probable cause for the search of the Farmington home. “The warrant did not fail the particularity requirement of the Fourth Amendment,” Randolph wrote in his decision. Schoenhorn has filed several other motions, which have not been heard, including those to suppress evidence gathered through cellphone towers, electronic devices & DNA samples. Randolph previously said he anticipates ruling this month on the remaining motions.
*Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 58) – Murder: Judge John F. Blawie put the case on the trial docket. Hearing on 5/15/23.
2/23/22: Plead guilty to a charge of violating a protective order that stemmed from an incident involving his ex-wife. Sentenced for violation & assault on 6/17/22 was given a 5 year suspended prison sentence & 3 years of probation on a domestic violence charge.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it. 1/17/22: After debt, no money left in Dulos estate for children. While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records. Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate & attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."

So much for the “speedy trial” that Schoenhorn demanded. Judge wants to start jury selection next week, and thinks trial will start maybe in January-Schoenhorn wants to put off jury selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar