DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks - this is all she has...

Marissa Alter
@MarissaAlter
MICHELLE TROCONIS CASE: Judge Kevin Randolph says jury selection will still begin Oct. 4, then motions will continue being argued, w: trial start in Jan. Extra alternates will be chosen due to the multi-month wait between jury selection and trial. @News12CT
There’s more in the comments-she comments on her own tweets, to update

Marissa Alter
@MarissaAlter

MICHELLE TROCONIS CASE: Judge Kevin Randolph says jury selection will still begin Oct. 4, then motions will continue being argued, w: trial start in Jan. Extra alternates will be chosen due to the multi-month wait between jury selection and trial.
@News12CT
8:26 AM · Sep 25, 2023

Attorney Schoenhorn says he expects jury selection to take at least a month.
@News12CT
8:27 AM · Sep 25, 2023

JUST IN: Proposed plan is for Michelle Troconis jury to be picked next month, then “put on ice” until January. Attorney Jon Schoenhorn is objecting to this, says it will lead to a tainted jury or losing jury members.
@News12CT
8:13 AM · Sep 25, 2023

Schoenhorn is proposing the speedy trial be tolled until January so jury selection could start then, followed by trial. OR jury selection commence in October with trial set to begin in November.
@News12CT
8:17 AM · Sep 25, 2023

The state is objecting, wants jury selection to commence Oct. 4 with the trial beginning in January. Says jury selection ahead of time will help ensure the jury isn’t tainted.
@News12CT
8:20 AM · Sep 25, 2023

I guess they figure it will take a long time to impanel a jury? Don't want to do it during the holidays?
Yikes.
MOO.
I think that Schoenhorn is a guy who has demonstrated he is not capable of "banging" anything out. As far as I have seen he has an annoying need to draaaaw everything out. So probably jury selection will be tedious and take way longer than necessary. And then they still have some motions from Schoenhorn that have not been discussed in court yet I believe?
IMO Schoenhorn is still trying to buy time - I still have a suspicion they may want a plea deal. No way a jury finds her innocent with the evidence they have and I think Schoenhorn knows it. He has spent a lot of time just kicking the can down the road -
JMO

Marissa Alter
@MarissaAlter

MICHELLE TROCONIS CASE: Judge Kevin Randolph says jury selection will still begin Oct. 4, then motions will continue being argued, w: trial start in Jan. Extra alternates will be chosen due to the multi-month wait between jury selection and trial.
@News12CT

@News12CT

JUST IN: Proposed plan is for Michelle Troconis jury to be picked next month, then “put on ice” until January. Attorney Jon Schoenhorn is objecting to this, says it will lead to a tainted jury or losing jury members.
@News12CT

Schoenhorn is proposing the speedy trial be tolled until January so jury selection could start then, followed by trial. OR jury selection commence in October with trial set to begin in November.
@News12CT

The state is objecting, wants jury selection to commence Oct. 4 with the trial beginning in January. Says jury selection ahead of time will help ensure the jury isn’t tainted.
@News12CT
I think the defendant is tainted.

JMO

JLS expecting jury selection to take one month is rubbish! He's obviously going to labor this needlessly because he lost his bid to move the trial. :rolleyes:

Watched Judge Werner in Colorado's El Paso District Court herd hundreds to select a jury for Letecia Stauch's trial in less than two weeks and the additional time was due in part to the length of the trial and the number of candidates required dismissed each day because of prior commitments. And capacity was limited that only 75 per day could be screened. MOO

But whaddabout her strong community ties? Fo sho she'd want to be in town to communitize.

jmo
After all that racket about her deep ties, you’d think so! I wonder how many members of that congregational church in Avon will show up to support her when the trial starts? In fact, I wonder how many have been showing up when they know she will attend in person? I will bet not many, or even any. I wish I could go to the courthouse to see for myself-but I have this stupid job where I have to show up in person.

Marissa Alter
@MarissaAlter

@News12CT

@News12CT

@News12CT

@News12CT

@News12CT
Seattle-what is “tolled”? Does it just mean “delayed”? He was the one who wanted the speedy trial! I don’t think the judge is tolling, I think he is trolling him! By giving him just what he asked for. That man (Schoenhorn) is ridiculous! Everytime the judge calls his bluff, he pivots, and asks for something else. He is not doing that chick any favors (not that I really care)!

Relative to MT not appearing in person for the Motions hearings, I for one appreciate her absence since I think more is resolved when JLS lacks the need to pontificate, interrupt, and otherwise delay the Court. I'm anxious for the suppression hearings to be settled and/or ruled on that we know what evidence the State has/doesn't have to work with! JMO

Seattle-what is “tolled”? Does it just mean “delayed”? He was the one who wanted the speedy trial! I don’t think the judge is tolling, I think he is trolling him! By giving him just what he asked for. That man (Schoenhorn) is ridiculous! Everytime the judge calls his bluff, he pivots, and asks for something else. He is not doing that chick any favors (not that I really care)!
In this sense, "Tolling" means to stop the clock. Typical of JLS who wants exceptions to his own requests including a speedy trial.

ETA: It was only two weeks ago or 9/13 when JLS appeared in Court to argue his Motion for a speedy trial -- citing:

“We just need some certainty of the pace,” Schoenhorn explained.

He said it’s been difficult to prepare for this case and run his practice with the case lingering. Schoenhorn also brought up that Troconis and her family have to prepare for when they’ll need to be in Connecticut for an extended period of time.

“I have witnesses from out of state. Some of them are older. They travel,” Schoenhorn said. “It's hard when people say, ‘When will I be needed?’ if I don't have some kind of approximate date for when they may be called as witnesses.”

The prosecution took no position on this motion, unlike the others.
“We're going to leave it to the court's discretion. Of course, the state's always ready to proceed at the court's pleasure, so court's discretion on this motion,” said Assistant State’s Attorney Sean McGuiness.

The judge granted the motion for a speedy trial, and scheduled jury selection for next month. I've said it before, JLS is absolutely shameless with his antics.

Last edited:
I think that Schoenhorn is a guy who has demonstrated he is not capable of "banging" anything out. As far as I have seen he has an annoying need to draaaaw everything out. So probably jury selection will be tedious and take way longer than necessary. And then they still have some motions from Schoenhorn that have not been discussed in court yet I believe?
IMO Schoenhorn is still trying to buy time - I still have a suspicion they may want a plea deal. No way a jury finds her innocent with the evidence they have and I think Schoenhorn knows it. He has spent a lot of time just kicking the can down the road -
JMO
BBM.
Do you think she and her family realize that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE