Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After all that racket about her deep ties, you’d think so! I wonder how many members of that congregational church in Avon will show up to support her when the trial starts? In fact, I wonder how many have been showing up when they know she will attend in person? I will bet not many, or even any. I wish I could go to the courthouse to see for myself-but I have this stupid job where I have to show up in person.
I'd say nary a one. MOO.

In this sense, "Tolling" means to stop the clock. Typical of JLS who wants exceptions to his own requests including a speedy trial.

ETA: It was only two weeks ago or 9/13 when JLS appeared in Court to argue his Motion for a speedy trial -- citing:

“We just need some certainty of the pace,” Schoenhorn explained.

He said it’s been difficult to prepare for this case and run his practice with the case lingering. Schoenhorn also brought up that Troconis and her family have to prepare for when they’ll need to be in Connecticut for an extended period of time.

“I have witnesses from out of state. Some of them are older. They travel,” Schoenhorn said. “It's hard when people say, ‘When will I be needed?’ if I don't have some kind of approximate date for when they may be called as witnesses.”

The prosecution took no position on this motion, unlike the others.
“We're going to leave it to the court's discretion. Of course, the state's always ready to proceed at the court's pleasure, so court's discretion on this motion,” said Assistant State’s Attorney Sean McGuiness.

The judge granted the motion for a speedy trial, and scheduled jury selection for next month. I've said it before, JLS is absolutely shameless with his antics.

At the risk of sounding snarky, can't imagine he has a heavy calendar with other clients. Plenty of time for his attractive client and her 3 sisters who seem to hold him in high esteem at present.
MHO.

Monday's court hearing focused on the upcoming jury selection and testimony related to Schoenhorn's motion. Retired Connecticut State Police Sgt. Matthew Reilly told the judge that he served as the evidence officer the morning police searched the Farmington home of Troconis' former boyfriend Fotis Dulos, the estranged husband of Jennifer Dulos.

Reilly said as evidence officer, he chose which items would be seized including 20 digital devices during a search that occurred from 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.

Schoenhorn is seeking to get certain items from the search thrown out before they are seen by a jury.

BBM.
Do you think she and her family realize that?
Hard to say.I think the family picked a guy like Schoenhorn bc he told them what they wanted to hear - that he could take care of things. I suspect they wanted someone who could game the system. But every state/ judge is different and this court is in CT not one they are familiar with like say Florida or perhaps Venezuela. I suspect Bowman was more realistic.
So far JS has kept MT out of jail and got her leg ankle bracelet off. I think that’s it?
We are still awaiting the outcomes of the rest of the filings regarding evidence he is contesting. I have to think he won’t prevail on anything important? Things are about to get serious real fast imo and I think that is when the reality may become clear to MT’s clan.
Not moving the trial to Hartford I think was a big strategic loss for JS. He wanted to maneuver on his home turf and grease some wheels or something. There was no merit to his arguments and I applaud this judge for not moving the trial. This judge is also seemingly not as accommodating to JS as some in the past.
Sorry to drone on.
TLDR : I think the family believed JS was going to maneuver and get her off. I don’t think they are prepared just yet for the reality.
But all just speculation/ opinion on my part.
Would love to hear what others think.
JMO

Ditto here - maybe that is why I couldn't see the comments. NOT signing up either...

So - any next hearing date scheduled yet?
@jakat ? TIA! :)
Yes, the next Motions hearing is Tuesday.

On Monday, 9/25, Schoenhorn filed a motion seeking a jury of 12 and still trying to suppress evidence seized from a Farmington home in 2019 that FD shared with MT.

On Tuesday, 9/26, attorneys are expected to argue about the motion to suppress evidence seized at the home. Before adjourning Monday, Randolph also pondered how the court will protect identifying information of potential jurors in jury selection.

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/article/jennifer-dulos-troconis-court-motions-18386802.php

Tuesday, Sept. 26th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 48) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
Trial set to begin with jury selection on 10/4/23. Trial will start in January.
Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial.

Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 9/8/23 reference post #538 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-56.683382/page-27

9/13/23 Update: Troconis’ attorney filed a motion for a speedy trial today, which the judge has granted. He’s set jury selection for 10/4/23. Should know where jury selection will occur later today. The judge says he intends to file his ruling on defense’s motion for change of venue. Jon Schoenhorn wants the case moved from Stamford to Hartford due to pretrial publicity. Judge Kevin Randolph has denied the defense motion for change of venue to move trial from Stamford to Hartford. Randolph said Stamford is the proper venue & there was insufficient evidence she can’t get a fair trial in Stamford due to pretrial publicity. There is insufficient evidence that vindictiveness and ill will against Michelle Troconis has flooded a prospective jury pool in the Stamford/Norwalk Judicial District," Randolph wrote in the document before announcing the trial would remain in Stamford. On Wednesday, Schoenhorn & Supervisory Assistant State’s Attorney Michelle Manning continued to question witnesses regarding some of the actions taken by the Connecticut State Police. Schoenhorn claims the actions were “unreasonable” & that some of the evidence gathered during a search of the Farmington home where Troconis lived should be thrown out. Connecticut State Police Detective Sgt. Michael Beauton, who helped execute the search warrant at the Farmington home questioned by Schoenhorn. Attorneys in the case will continue interviewing witnesses on the remaining motions on 9/25/23. Troconis is slated to appear remotely for the proceeding. Judge Randolph recently ruled the police affidavit provided probable cause for the search of the Farmington home. “The warrant did not fail the particularity requirement of the Fourth Amendment,” Randolph wrote in his decision. Schoenhorn has filed several other motions, which have not been heard, including those to suppress evidence gathered through cellphone towers, electronic devices & DNA samples. Randolph previously said he anticipates ruling this month on the remaining motions.
9/25/23 Update: Judge Kevin Randolph says jury selection will still begin Oct. 4, then motions will continue being argued, with trial starting in January. Extra alternates will be chosen due to the multi-month wait between jury selection & trial. Extra alternates will be chosen due to the multi-month wait between jury selection and trial. Attorney Schoenhorn says he expects jury selection to take at least a month. Attorney Schoenhorn objected to the early start of jury selection & date of trial. Proposed the speedy trial be tolled until January so jury selection could start then. Or jury selection commence in October with trial to begin in November. The State objected. Want jury selection on 10/4/23 with trial beginning in January. Retired Connecticut State Police Sgt. Matthew Reilly told the judge that he served as the evidence officer the morning police searched the Farmington home of Troconis' former boyfriend Fotis Dulos. Reilly said as evidence officer, he chose which items would be seized including 20 digital devices during a search that occurred from 10am to 7:30pm. Schoenhorn is seeking to get certain items from the search thrown out before they are seen by a jury. On Tuesday, 9/26/23, attorneys are expected to argue about the motion to suppress evidence seized at the home. Before adjourning Monday, Randolph also pondered how the court will protect identifying information of potential jurors in jury selection.
*Kent D. Mawhinney (54/now 58) – Murder: Judge John F. Blawie put the case on the trial docket. Last hearing on 5/15/23.
2/23/22: Plead guilty to a charge of violating a protective order that stemmed from an incident involving his ex-wife. Sentenced for violation & assault on 6/17/22 was given a 5 year suspended prison sentence & 3 years of probation on a domestic violence charge.
*Fotis Dulos (52) – Committed suicide on 1/28/20 & declared dead at 5:32pm on 1/30/20. 3/3/20: Charges dismissed. The case against Dulos will be officially dismissed in about a year, unless the state decides to reopen it. 1/17/22: After debt, no money left in Dulos estate for children. While Fotis Dulos’ estate has $395,687 in assets, it owes $548,280.75 in expenses, according to Farmington Probate Court records. Attorney Christopher Hug will be paid $189,525 for settling the estate & attorney Paul Knierim, who represented Hug, will receive $98,326, court documents show."

Hard to say.I think the family picked a guy like Schoenhorn bc he told them what they wanted to hear - that he could take care of things. I suspect they wanted someone who could game the system. But every state/ judge is different and this court is in CT not one they are familiar with like say Florida or perhaps Venezuela. I suspect Bowman was more realistic.
So far JS has kept MT out of jail and got her leg ankle bracelet off. I think that’s it?
We are still awaiting the outcomes of the rest of the filings regarding evidence he is contesting. I have to think he won’t prevail on anything important? Things are about to get serious real fast imo and I think that is when the reality may become clear to MT’s clan.
Not moving the trial to Hartford I think was a big strategic loss for JS. He wanted to maneuver on his home turf and grease some wheels or something. There was no merit to his arguments and I applaud this judge for not moving the trial. This judge is also seemingly not as accommodating to JS as some in the past.
Sorry to drone on.
TLDR : I think the family believed JS was going to maneuver and get her off. I don’t think they are prepared just yet for the reality.
But all just speculation/ opinion on my part.
Would love to hear what others think.
JMO
It appeared to me that when MT was charged with conspiracy in January 2020, Bowman knew that she was going to be convicted. They all saw the arrest warrant; it was all in there, everything they had done. She was coming to the end of the time when she could make a deal with the prosecution, and chose not to. Once FD was gone, there would be no reason to make a deal, without her admission of guilt for some part of the crime. I think you are right-the Troconis family refused to deal, thinking that JS will save her, and still think she’ll walk. She might, too, but with JS throwing all that spaghetti at the wall, I am not so sure even he believes she will be acquitted. Does it matter much if they pick the jury now, or right before the trial? I don’t know if it does. I do think that a gap of several months gives JS an opportunity to investigate the seated jurors‘ social media history, giving him some wiggle room for an appeal, not to mention a crazy courtroom sideshow. Next week is going to be interesting.

It appeared to me that when MT was charged with conspiracy in January 2020, Bowman knew that she was going to be convicted. They all saw the arrest warrant; it was all in there, everything they had done. She was coming to the end of the time when she could make a deal with the prosecution, and chose not to. Once FD was gone, there would be no reason to make a deal, without her admission of guilt for some part of the crime. I think you are right-the Troconis family refused to deal, thinking that JS will save her, and still think she’ll walk. She might, too, but with JS throwing all that spaghetti at the wall, I am not so sure even he believes she will be acquitted. Does it matter much if they pick the jury now, or right before the trial? I don’t know if it does. I do think that a gap of several months gives JS an opportunity to investigate the seated jurors‘ social media history, giving him some wiggle room for an appeal, not to mention a crazy courtroom sideshow. Next week is going to be interesting.
I am concerned that if the jury is selected early, the Troconis side show will really ramp up its interviews, appeals, asking for repeats of the lovely ABC interviews the family has done, etc.

Fortunately much of that will be during the holidays, so public attention should be diverted elsewhere....but....I agree JS won't be in those boxes of discovery he received, he'll be looking for every loophole he can find to get a mistrial or a retrial. He's a one trick pony who hammers civil rights/police misconduct/prosecutorial offenses before content of the crime. He'll create a circus between MT's language deficiency and "Why her father's a doctor and her mother's a psychologist."

I am really puzzled by all of this. Perhaps, the current judge is calling JS's bluff....IMO..MOO!

09/26/2023

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR200241178T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 10/03/2023. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

I know he has called her mother a psychologist in the past, but she is actually a therapist, with a much lower professional standard. She operates like she is a psychologist, but she doesn’t have a PhD. And-she IS a criminal, with a record. I feel sure that the prosecution will clarify her actual profession. And will try to elicit details about her crimes, and how she managed to subvert a search of her “medical establishment”.

09/26/2023

This notification is brought to you by the Connecticut Statewide Automated Victim Information and Notification (SAVIN) Program.

This email is to inform you that MICHELLE TROCONIS, with docket number FST CR200241178T, has an upcoming court event.

A/An Hearing has been scheduled for 10/03/2023. This will take place in Stamford-Norwalk JD Courthouse located at the following address: 123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT.

Please be aware that there is often more than one case scheduled for a particular date in this court. Please visit www.jud.ct.gov to check for any updates that may be available on this case.

For more information, contact the Office of Victim Services at 1-800-822-8428. For updates about this case or for driving directions to the courthouse, you can visit www.jud.ct.gov.

This notification is sponsored by the Connecticut SAVIN Program. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.
Hmm-that’s Tuesday, and I don’t have to work. I wonder if just anybody can be in that courtroom when these proceedings take place?

Last edited:
I know he has called her mother a psychologist in the past, but she is actually a therapist, with a much lower professional standard. She operates like she is a psychologist, but she doesn’t have a PhD. And-she IS a criminal, with a record. I feel sure that the prosecution will clarify her actual profession. And will try to elicit details about her crimes, and how she managed to subvert a search of her “medical establishment”.
Yes, her mother had trouble with the law in the state of Florida (2016) where she was indicted on federal Medicaid fraud charges, but the case was dismissed a couple of years later after she agreed to a diversion program. I guess it was confirmed that she did pay at least one person to become a Medicaid patient in her practice and she plead guilty to health care kickbacks. I’m sure this and more will surface during the trial.

I am concerned that if the jury is selected early, the Troconis side show will really ramp up its interviews, appeals, asking for repeats of the lovely ABC interviews the family has done, etc.

Fortunately much of that will be during the holidays, so public attention should be diverted elsewhere....but....I agree JS won't be in those boxes of discovery he received, he'll be looking for every loophole he can find to get a mistrial or a retrial. He's a one trick pony who hammers civil rights/police misconduct/prosecutorial offenses before content of the crime. He'll create a circus between MT's language deficiency and "Why her father's a doctor and her mother's a psychologist."

I am really puzzled by all of this. Perhaps, the current judge is calling JS's bluff....IMO..MOO!
My concern is that some early-selected jurors will be socializing during the holiday season and won't be able to avoid discussions of the case--and being influenced by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks