Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, her mother had trouble with the law in the state of Florida (2016) where she was indicted on federal Medicaid fraud charges, but the case was dismissed a couple of years later after she agreed to a diversion program. I guess it was confirmed that she did pay at least one person to become a Medicaid patient in her practice and she plead guilty to health care kickbacks. I’m sure this and more will surface during the trial.
It was dismissed? I thought the diversion program was just to keep her out of prison. So she doesn’t have a “record”. That stinks.

“Some of them are going to be fairly lengthy. For example, the defendant’s statements total approximately eight hours if they were to run continuously without any testimony or cross-examination. So, I expect that motion to suppress alone could take upwards of three or four days,” said Assistant State’s Attorney Sean McGuinness. “At the end of the day, they asked for this, for the speedy trial. We were trying to progress. We were actually—the informal conversations between the parties were that we were working toward a January start date for jury selection and the trial, and then they filed the speedy trial motion.”

“Some of them are going to be fairly lengthy. For example, the defendant’s statements total approximately eight hours if they were to run continuously without any testimony or cross-examination. So, I expect that motion to suppress alone could take upwards of three or four days,” said Assistant State’s Attorney Sean McGuinness. “At the end of the day, they asked for this, for the speedy trial. We were trying to progress. We were actually—the informal conversations between the parties were that we were working toward a January start date for jury selection and the trial, and then they filed the speedy trial motion.”
And this is a perfect example of JLS incompetence! Clogs the court with Motions where it's bloody obvious he's all about quantity versus substance. He never counts on the opposition calling his bluff. And this isn't the first time! :mad:

And this is a perfect example of JLS incompetence! Clogs the court with Motions where it's bloody obvious he's all about quantity versus substance. He never counts on the opposition calling his bluff. And this isn't the first time! :mad:
You are so right! He just pivots when they do it. I actually think that the judge called his bluff by saying that jury selection will commence next week. I can’t help but think that it may end up being a favor to JS, though, in the long run.

Attorneys in the Michelle Troconis case wrapped up arguments Tuesday in Stamford Superior Court on a motion from the defense to suppress all evidence seized at the Farmington home Troconis shared with Fotis Dulos when his estranged wife disappeared.......
Randolph said he expects to issue a written ruling on this motion by Oct. 3. That’s the day before jury selection begins in the case, which is expected to take at least a month. The trial isn’t set to start until January because there are several outstanding motions regarding evidence suppression that still have to be argued.
Troconis is the first defendant in the Jennifer Dulos investigation to go to trial. Fotis Dulos died by suicide in January 2020 while facing charges including murder and kidnapping. His friend and former attorney, Kent Mawhinney, is also charged with conspiracy to commit murder and has pleaded not guilty.

Thanks for that article! In it it said trial starts in January, but no date - so I went searching for one... found this article with the date.

Sept. 25, 2023
Michelle Troconis, the woman charged in connection to the disappearance and presumed death of Jennifer Dulos, won’t go on trial until Jan. 8, but jury selection in the case will still begin Oct. 4. Judge Kevin Randolph said that once a jury is chosen, they’ll be on hold until next year. Randolph’s decision Monday came despite objections from the defense.

Maybe he's looking ahead and doesn't want a future appeal by MT based on "ineffective representation by counsel."

I know he has called her mother a psychologist in the past, but she is actually a therapist, with a much lower professional standard. She operates like she is a psychologist, but she doesn’t have a PhD. And-she IS a criminal, with a record. I feel sure that the prosecution will clarify her actual profession. And will try to elicit details about her crimes, and how she managed to subvert a search of her “medical establishment”.
Yep, reminds me of the Murdaugh trial. Once defense made the blunder of encouraging witnesses to extol the virtues of AM, open season! Not exactly the same of course, but… ! MOO

Last edited:

“Some of them are going to be fairly lengthy. For example, the defendant’s statements total approximately eight hours if they were to run continuously without any testimony or cross-examination. So, I expect that motion to suppress alone could take upwards of three or four days,” said Assistant State’s Attorney Sean McGuinness. “At the end of the day, they asked for this, for the speedy trial. We were trying to progress. We were actually—the informal conversations between the parties were that we were working toward a January start date for jury selection and the trial, and then they filed the speedy trial motion.
JS's continued appeals to delay and accommodate MT. Guess he forgot that the informal discussions were heading for a first of 2023 trial OR he thought he could bully the court to accommodate his client's personal schedule.
From the same article:
“If we're going to have jury selection, which is probably going to take at least a month and perhaps longer, and then have a break for a couple of months and then start over again, that poses both a financial and a personal burden to my client,” Schoenhorn told the court, noting Troconis has a teenage daughter she has to arrange care for. He also said he’d postponed other clients’ cases until next year thinking this case would be done this year. (BBM)

MT wanted the trial before ski season, and JS was "thinking" he could push it through by demanding a speedy trial. He obviously didn't allow time for the court to address all his motions.

I also wondered why JS wants a 12 member jury when the law only calls for 6 jury members. Does he perceive a larger group will require more votes for a guilty verdict?

AND, if I'm interpreting MT's "X" posts correctly, the current story being pushed is that even AC didn't know of FD's suicide plans, thus MT was obviously fooled by the same trickster. However, AC didn't lie during police interviews to my knowledge. AC didn't obstruct an investigation into a woman's disappearance and death. This current story is NOT a winner, IMO.:rolleyes:o_O

In this sense, "Tolling" means to stop the clock. Typical of JLS who wants exceptions to his own requests including a speedy trial.

ETA: It was only two weeks ago or 9/13 when JLS appeared in Court to argue his Motion for a speedy trial -- citing:

“We just need some certainty of the pace,” Schoenhorn explained.

He said it’s been difficult to prepare for this case and run his practice with the case lingering. Schoenhorn also brought up that Troconis and her family have to prepare for when they’ll need to be in Connecticut for an extended period of time.

“I have witnesses from out of state. Some of them are older. They travel,” Schoenhorn said. “It's hard when people say, ‘When will I be needed?’ if I don't have some kind of approximate date for when they may be called as witnesses.”

The prosecution took no position on this motion, unlike the others.
“We're going to leave it to the court's discretion. Of course, the state's always ready to proceed at the court's pleasure, so court's discretion on this motion,” said Assistant State’s Attorney Sean McGuiness.

The judge granted the motion for a speedy trial, and scheduled jury selection for next month. I've said it before, JLS is absolutely shameless with his antics.

Like other defendants don't have witnesses who are older and/or need to travel in from out of state...

Enough with the expectation of special privileges! JLS's client is just enjoying the lack of impediments to freedom (since the removal of the monitor... which still mystifies me) and wants to continue to enjoy them as long as possible.

Should have thought of THAT before grouping up with FD and friend to conspire to commit murder.

Does anyone know the status of KM trial? Do they usually try one co-conspirator before another or can they try them concurrently? It's pretty much been crickets regarding his case. I do recall that he said that he's willing to testify against MT in her trial, so I'm guessing that we'll see him on the witness stand in 2024.

JS's continued appeals to delay and accommodate MT. Guess he forgot that the informal discussions were heading for a first of 2023 trial OR he thought he could bully the court to accommodate his client's personal schedule.
From the same article:
“If we're going to have jury selection, which is probably going to take at least a month and perhaps longer, and then have a break for a couple of months and then start over again, that poses both a financial and a personal burden to my client,” Schoenhorn told the court, noting Troconis has a teenage daughter she has to arrange care for. He also said he’d postponed other clients’ cases until next year thinking this case would be done this year. (BBM)

MT wanted the trial before ski season, and JS was "thinking" he could push it through by demanding a speedy trial. He obviously didn't allow time for the court to address all his motions.

I also wondered why JS wants a 12 member jury when the law only calls for 6 jury members. Does he perceive a larger group will require more votes for a guilty verdict?

AND, if I'm interpreting MT's "X" posts correctly, the current story being pushed is that even AC didn't know of FD's suicide plans, thus MT was obviously fooled by the same trickster. However, AC didn't lie during police interviews to my knowledge. AC didn't obstruct an investigation into a woman's disappearance and death. This current story is NOT a winner, IMO.:rolleyes:o_O
12 gives him a better shot at “reasonable doubt”, since he only needs 1, I suppose. And he is the reason the trial hasn’t already happened. Poor MT, she might miss ski season. And caring for her daughter is going to be difficult for her. Boo hoo hoo! She should remember how hard it is for Jennifer to care for her children, the last 4.5 years. Why is her daughter more important than the 5 Dulos children?

12 gives him a better shot at “reasonable doubt”, since he only needs 1, I suppose. And he is the reason the trial hasn’t already happened. Poor MT, she might miss ski season. And caring for her daughter is going to be difficult for her. Boo hoo hoo! She should remember how hard it is for Jennifer to care for her children, the last 4.5 years. Why is her daughter more important than the 5 Dulos children?
MTs daughter turns 17 this December.
Given that she’s looking at potentially up to 35 years in prison if convicted, one would think that she ought to start arranging for child care now.

Does anyone know the status of KM trial? Do they usually try one co-conspirator before another or can they try them concurrently? It's pretty much been crickets regarding his case. I do recall that he said that he's willing to testify against MT in her trial, so I'm guessing that we'll see him on the witness stand in 2024.
I seriously doubt that KM is going to trial. It's already been reported that KM will testify for the state against MT at her trial because he's getting a deal. JMO

MTs daughter turns 17 this December.
Given that she’s looking at potentially up to 35 years in prison if convicted, one would think that she ought to start arranging for child care now.
At 17 I was out of the house (moved to another state) and self-supporting. If MT's daughter isn't capable of striking out on her own, she should consider moving back to be with her father.

At 17 I was out of the house (moved to another state) and self-supporting. If MT's daughter isn't capable of striking out on her own, she should consider moving back to be with her father.
The average age of complete financial emancipation is 27. It's very unusual to self support at 17, and it's only harder every passing decade.

I'm sure this young person will find her solution...but whatever it is, it will not be for lack of capability.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member