Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking ahead to sentencing.

I'm imagining a very small handful -- both a small hand and a small full -- of MT supporters trying to convince the jury about her storied greatness.

I hope it backfires.

If she's a strong, independent woman who values religion and motherhood (hers). If that's true, then she more than anyone should have refused to help FD and, in fact, should have felt a duty to warn JF, alert LE, and flee to safety herself, with her daughter.

And certainly after JFd was murdered, she should have gotten her daughter to a safe place and reported FD at once, fearful of what he had done, and devastated by it.

May the jury bury her in accountability.

JMO

I'm not astute enough to figure out where JS was going with his questioning. Just kept scratching my head.
Thinking this no nonsense judge is unimpressed and will run a smooth courtroom along with the no nonsense prosecutor.
Pretty good first day IMO.
Having said that, I almost feel ghoulish watching the house videos. Incredibly sad. Almost feel as though we are invading her privacy.
Does anyone know if this will go 5 days straight?

Rewinding, watching the officer who is testifying to Jennifer's vehicle on the evil cctv.

Followed this story for five years and it's a fresh punch to the gut to know what she didn't know....

She was dropping her kids off at school, FD was ditching his bike, skirting the yard and preparing to ambush her, likely to abduct her, take her against her will, and murder her.

Chilling and raw and so unfair...

JMO

X tweets from @MarissaAlter can be found at Live Blog link
https://twitter.com/News12CT
@News12CT

LIVE COVERAGE: Michelle Troconis’ trial in connection to the disappearance of Jennifer Dulos is underway.
https://t.co/GuSj8LDqLK

Live Blog: Jennifer Dulos case - Michelle Troconis trial​

Jan 11, 2024, 11:27amUpdated 8h ago
By: News 12 Staff

Rewinding, watching the officer who is testifying to Jennifer's vehicle on the evil cctv.

Followed this story for five years and it's a fresh punch to the gut to know what she didn't know....

She was dropping her kids off at school, FD was ditching his bike, skirting the yard and preparing to ambush her, likely to abduct her, take her against her will, and murder her.

Chilling and raw and so unfair...

JMO
I know, it is chilling and sobering. And here we are with his gf claiming her innocence. She could have stopped the entire tragedy, but didn't. Nope, she didn't. Nor did she protect her daughter from a murderer, nope, she didn't. Very chilling, raw and so so so unfair...exactly.

What's everyone's consensus of the first day?
In MOO, I don't think J.S will be allowed to drone on. This judge seems to rein him in a timely fashion.
It appears the judge runs a tight ship overall - hears both sides, rules based on the law and doesn't let JS's puffing and bluffing substitute for law. The prosecutor also appears to be quick on her feet with ready responses.

I was surprised at no opening statements as I don't think I've ever seen that. IMO, it lends the proceedings an in media res quality, but the jury may like that because it reduces the length of time they will be seated in that box to hearing and seeing actual evidence.

The State can tie it all together at closing - with some efficiency as the jury by then will be familiar with all the pieces.

Does anyone see a different demeanor from MT? I sure do. I'm re-watching. I'm seeing someone that is getting a taste of reality maybe. Even if she didn't know exactly what went down in that garage, she's seeing it now. That was a lot of blood. I'm sure there is a smoking gun coming. ETA, she knew the evil deed would happen.

Does anyone see a different demeanor from MT? I sure do. I'm re-watching. I'm seeing someone that is getting a taste of reality maybe. Even if she didn't know exactly what went down in that garage, she's seeing it now. That was a lot of blood. I'm sure there is a smoking gun coming. ETA, she knew the evil deed would happen.
IMO, MT looked PO'd at JAS a few times. Perhaps he oversold... seems the men she engages share that quality.

IMO, I agree she knew the evil deed was the plan.

Which makes MT cavorting around Avon and Simsbury, delivering left-behind purses and taking photos with that stupid-looking store robot as "alibi" insulting. Those errands only accounted for time AFTER JFD had already been brutally attacked and even then just about an hour and a half; she could well have joined FD for the disposal of JFD after.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if MT was the one who misplaced her guest's purse at 4JC at the dinner party the night before, so MT would have to return it (thus adding another piece to her "alibi"). JMO.

Last edited:
LE got her key/fob by her purse at the house for her Suburban that was found near Waveny Park and Lapham Road. Did they ever find the other key/fob for the Suburban that someone used to move it there?

It appears the judge runs a tight ship overall - hears both sides, rules based on the law and doesn't let JS's puffing and bluffing substitute for law. The prosecutor also appears to be quick on her feet with ready responses.

I was surprised at no opening statements as I don't think I've ever seen that. IMO, it lends the proceedings an in media res quality, but the jury may like that because it reduces the length of time they will be seated in that box to hearing and seeing actual evidence.

The State can tie it all together at closing - with some efficiency as the jury by then will be familiar with all the pieces.
This is typical in CT no opening statements

Me don't think Jennifer would have left this like this. Sorry for the bad quality, I took a pic from my phone on my laptop. He went through her stuff IMO
I think so, too. Not sure what he might have been rooting around for-maybe something financial that he wanted/needed from her. It’s been said that he may not have wanted to kill her immediately-maybe he wanted something that she had so he brought the zip ties. But she fought back and he didn’t get what he was looking for.

LE got her key/fob by her purse at the house for her Suburban that was found near Waveny Park and Lapham Road. Did they ever find the other key/fob for the Suburban that someone used to move it there?
Maybe it could have been one of the things that LE claimed made searching the MIRA transfer station valuable.

I know, it is chilling and sobering. And here we are with his gf claiming her innocence. She could have stopped the entire tragedy, but didn't. Nope, she didn't. Nor did she protect her daughter from a murderer, nope, she didn't. Very chilling, raw and so so so unfair...exactly.
To me as a juror she could never talk her way out of those TWO clear ponchos being thrown away by her. Never. TWO.
In garbage bags that looked like those in the videos, police said they found a number of items soaked in Jennifer Dulos’ blood, including a shirt and bra, paper towels, cleaning supplies, two clear rain ponchos and four zip ties. Police said DNA found on the bags, tape and a glove matched Fotis’, and that Troconis’ DNA was found on one bag.

MOO

Me don't think Jennifer would have left this like this. Sorry for the bad quality, I took a pic from my phone on my laptop. He went through her stuff IMO
I thought the same thing. Immediately I thought wow there sure is a lot of cr@p all over the place...and then I realized..he was there and looking for something.
Maybe some way to get into her money.

Also, I noticed there seem to be zero window coverings downstairs. Did anyone else see any drapes,shades or blinds?
If not he could easily been watching her all of the time.

Apologies if I'm out of touch...I took a long break from this one.

To me as a juror she could never talk her way out of those TWO clear ponchos being thrown away by her. Never. TWO.
In garbage bags that looked like those in the videos, police said they found a number of items soaked in Jennifer Dulos’ blood, including a shirt and bra, paper towels, cleaning supplies, two clear rain ponchos and four zip ties. Police said DNA found on the bags, tape and a glove matched Fotis’, and that Troconis’ DNA was found on one bag.

MOO
Yes! Am also really fixated on the DNA evidence from the two 2 II !! ponchos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member