Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel your pain.

This has the feel of a preliminary hearing to me. And the defense is pounding tables, consuming time and oxygen.

IMO the State is simply entering photos into evidence. We see it in every trial. What's different here IMO is that the defense is objecting with verbosity. It's a technique IE used in the BMorphew preliminary.

I am here for the long game (if the defense doesn't age us all into the grave first). The experts are coming. The ones who tested the swabs, the ones who will explain the process of collecting what might be relevant (some will turn out not to be) and not collecting everything (because it's not possible!).

JS knows that presumptive testing is immediate and easy, that's why it's done as a first course of processing. IMO he's citing a dusty case where no testing beyond presumptive testing was done! So it was presented as (presumptive) positive for blood when it could have been any number of other things, never confirmed. That would be prejudicial because it would give an impression some substance was blood when it was never determined to be so.

The defense knows this.

This blood, however, was later tested and was IIRC DNA matched to JFd! That's a pretty specific proof of additional testing. The police officers and detectives who processed the scene cannot testify to that! They are testifying to what happened as the crime scene was initially processed!

Rest easy, @afitzy. The experts are coming. The ones that will testify that blood at the crime scene, what first tested "presumptive positive", was in fact blood, and not just blood, but an octizillion to one match to JFd's blood.

Wait until we get to the Tacoma seats. That PG had the incredible foresight to save. What did FD say? Spilled coffee? Dark stain. I cringe to consider something more akin to coffee grounds because that would suggest more than mere blood. Tissue. Granular material.

JS knows that, if he can stall this trial, prevent it from gaining speed, jurors will drop. He can get a mistrial if they run out of jurors. At some point, the judge is going to have to rein JS in.

The prosecution will connect the dots. We may see MT on CCTV at HomeDept, for instance, buying trash bags and ponchos. We will see trash bags with markers for blood belonging to JFd and fingerprints belonging to MT. The State will be able IMO to show the jury that FD, MT and JFd's blood converged. We will see the zip ties. We will see JFd's shirt and bra. We'll judge for ourselves, as will the sworn jury, about the quantity of blood, the nature of damage, and decide whether JFd suffered a survivable injury. We haven't heard anything yet about brain matter but sadly we might. Evidence indicating incompatibility with life.

JS is blowing smoke. The State has the fire. It's coming.

JMO
Cannot disagree with you all! There is a mountain of evidence both to document and prove the murder occurred as well as the conspiracy of 3 individuals led by FD to carry it out. I have zero doubt on this assessment based on the work conducted by the State over the past many years. Thing though is that statements from JS such as todays, "there was no blood in the Suburban" are not immediately called out by the State and the Judge allows these statements to stand and not be stricken from the record. If such statements are allowed to continue for days until the Experts arrive then the arrival of the Experts imo will have zero value in this case and that would be tragic for justice no matter what the eventual Jury vote might be on the charges against MT.

Today we even saw the State withdraw the entire line of witness questioning in response to a baseless objection that would have been very helpful in facilitating Jury understanding of presumptive testing. Frankly it was farcical pandering to Defense and the Judge did zero to stop it from even happening as the ruling from the Bench had already occurred.

I well know the the 'experts are coming' but usually the wonderful and helpful (mostly) experts arrive on the court scene later to make the jurors more comfortable with the evidence that they are already comfortable with (or not) and have a solid level of understanding of and its relevance to the case at hand. What is happening now imo is a point by point plan to intentionally undermine the Prosecution credibility with no basis regarding foundational evidence as well as everything procedurally that was done by Law Enforcement regarding evidence collection in this case. This is toxic imo to the case and makes it so hard for the jurors to get comfortable with basis of the case evidence imo. This is why I am concerned....very concerned at this early stage of the trial. The State and the Judge are willing participants in allowing this imo to happen.

My concern is that this tempest in a teapot on the imo non issue presumptive testing was allowed by the Judge to happen EARLY and largely without explanation to the jury. The effect of this imo was to confuse the jury and prejudice them early against the state and law enforcement efforts. JS did this intentionally in his Mr. Magoo-like fashion and then proceeded to blather on about it further this am. The State at least pushed back and parsed the JS BS arguments and false statements this am its too little too late and the Judge never admonished JS to simply sit down. Today we had reference to presumptive testing kits being akin to "Pool testing kits" and the State didn't object to strike and again the Judge said zero! Yep, its where we are now on a fundamental basic issue that is part of basic crime scene analysis and I am absolutely appalled this is being allowed to happen with no intervention by the Judge to think about how this is all being viewed by the Jurors. We collectively know a good bit about the case and evidence because most have been here since the beginning. The Jurors might have heard about JF or knew someone that knew her or heard a news clip about it but they are relying on the State putting the pieces of a complex puzzle together for them. If the Jury believes for a second that the foundation of the case is sitting on sand or relies on 'junk science' and 'pool testing kits' I'm not seeing how having experts down the line can fix things in terms of understanding as the foundational knowledge of the jury was improperly set by the State and NOT CORRECTED BY THE JUDGE.

Credibility of State and law enforcement was impugned by the Defense wrongly imo and the Judge Allowed it. "Junk Science" will be all the jury recalls (wrongly imo as its factually incorrect) and then they will associate this malignant and absolutely inappropriate term to the State and every time they think of Law Enforcement they will imagine them running around with "pool testing kits'.

Yes, you are right that the experts will arrive and perhaps they will have an impact with the Jury but JS well knows that if can taint the people and the processes associated with the evidence collection then the experts might not even be listened to by the Jury - I've seen this happen and its tragic to a case!

JS has documented his style and process and there is no mystery with him as to what is going on and I would hope the Judge well knows this as he has been treated to the circus of the case for awhile now. This case sadly has a Defense Counsel with not ethical or factual boundary he will not cross on behalf of his client. In most cases the Judge and State would be the protection against such an individual Defense Counsel but sadly that doesn't seem to the situation in this particular case imo.

My great disappointment what has happened SO FAR (yes its early days but early days are SUPER IMPORTANT IMO) is that the State didn't stand up effectively for the law enforcement efforts in evidence collection at the scenes and also did the Jury and case zero favours by not explaining evidence collection procedures, presumptive testing purpose and processes and what the role of the confirmatory testing at the lab is with regard to a piece of evidence but worse yet that the Judge allowed it all to play out the way it did. The State just started today parsing the factual inaccuracies of the Defense Counsel for the Jury but unless this continues VIGOROUSLY by the State then imo the Jury will be lost in the weeds and unsure of the evidence presented.

This case wasn't ready for trial imo and not by this trial team from the State based on what we have seen so far. I absolutely hate saying that as I never thought it would be permitted to happen after 4 years but sadly that's where we are. My wish for a strategic recalibration by the State is probably a pipe dream as without having a Judge that can manage the process to facilitate Juror understanding and counter false and misleading statements by the Defense then there isn't much that can be done to 'right the ship' of this case sadly imo.

Last edited:
Seeing these stains and shoe prints and dried up paper towels -- it's really too bad FD couldn't have lived to see this day. Nothing can bring Jennifer back, but justice for FD would have been served with conviction and LWOP. He ducked out.

I'm finding this really sad. Just an abiding sadness.
The testimony is clear, methodical, without emotion. It's just the reality of it that leaves me with sadness.... this was JFd's last proof of life, spilled on her garage floor...

JMsadO

Last edited:
Now we're looking at photos of stains that were identified after the vehicle was pulled out of the bay.

[It's not evident to me where the Suburban was parked in relation to stains and paper towels that FD might've missed, for being under her car before he drove it out. I can't help but to wonder if he circled back to try to clean better. Or sent reinforcements.]

New print: tire track in bloodlike substance.

Seeing these stains and shoe prints and dried up paper towels -- it's really too bad FD couldn't have lived to see this day. Nothing can bring Jennifer back, but justice for FD would have been served with conviction and LWOP. He ducked out.

The testimony is clear, methodical, without emotion. It's just the reality of it that leaves me with sadness.... this was JFd's last proof of life, spilled in her garage floor...

JMsadP
I cannot even begin to express how angry I was when FD offed himself because of this. He never was forced to face what he had done. I suspect this was pretty much his M.O. throughout life, however. Still makes me mad to this day!

The testimony is clear, methodical, without emotion. It's just the reality of it that leaves me with sadness.... this was JFd's last proof of life, spilled in her garage floor...

JMsadP

I couldn’t agree with you more. I’m hoping MT has a “Come to Jesus” moment after seeing all of this sobering evidence and crumbles with Truth & Humility, but it’s doubtful. She appears to have a heart of iron.

JMsadP
Well-said, all of it.

Jury excused before next exhibits.

Oh boy, luminol.

Judge needs to rule whether to allow.

He's asking for the State to explain his the photos will be explained for the jury. (No jurors present for this portion.)

State is asking Det. Reilly to explain the process for the judge.

Jennifer had stated this in an affidavit before the Court. See this article, 6th paragraph under "to be with his paramour."

Great article, thank you.

After reading all the legal motions from both sides it makes one wonder if the couple didn't have access to an obscene amount of money with lawyers at their disposal would their divorce have been a run of the mill contentious one leaving both parties alive?

I couldn’t agree with you more. I’m hoping MT has a “Come to Jesus” moment after seeing all of this sobering evidence and crumbles with Truth & Humility, but it’s doubtful. She appears to have a heart of iron.
She won’t. Her entire focus is on getting away with what she participated in. And-she has no remorse; her and her family’s social media posts still indicate that they think Jennifer caused it all.

Jury excused before next exhibits.

Oh boy, luminol.

Judge needs to rule whether to allow.

He's asking for the State to explain his the photos will be explained for the jury. (No jurors present for this portion.)

State is asking Det. Reilly to explain the process for the judge.
WTH-luminol isn’t a new and untried science. Why should the judge even be considering not allowing it in, or allowing it in with qualifications?!

Judge ruling.
Luminol detects blood thst can't be seen with the naked eye.
It may also detect other substances containing iron which might not be blood.
Judge is asking about the saturation of blue -- is it darker implying more blood?

Now JS is whining that it can detect all kinds of other things. [Maybe a horseradish died in the garage? Geez. My sarcastic editorial]

JS is saying it's irrelevant. Because there was NO DNA matched to JFd.

JS is saying he'd have to call lab people..

Why can't he do that on cross?

Judge is ruling. Says this isn't even presumptive. He'd going to allow it.

Says there's nothing misleading about it.

Basically the rules cited earlier about presumptive testing don't apply because this (luminol) is preliminary to that.

The jury can see the images.

She is interested in only one single thing, being found not guilt. She has no remorse.

Now we're seeing the rear cargo area of the Suburban. Positive per luminol.

He also examined the car at a second later date, at the behest of the coroner regarding possible manner of death.

Looking at the undercarriage now.

He located a small specimen which was sent to the medical examiner. Several others. [Wow. That's huge if it means what I think it means.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum