Still Missing CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the AA, there is a one-sentence blurb about a man having gone through the trash 5/26 and finding bloody pillows consistent with the camping pillows LA said disappeared from Welles, so I am definitely looking forward to that. It does lend credence to the possibility of Fudge and George existing, but I doubt we would get testimony from either (especially Fudge because of the amount of hearsay objections JS would no doubt raise). Unless it is brought up, we may never know, but at least there is some sort of footage concerning bloody pillows.

I just drove through the area this afternoon and took some pictures that I will post at some point today. Doing so, one of the questions that came up to me was regarding Homestead Avenue (I will post a map with the photos). The street FD originally turns down off Albany leads to Homestead Avenue... This is another fairly major thoroughfare people use through Hartford. The idea that C4 camera wouldn't exist there is surprising at the very least. There are a few businesses that may or may not have cameras, but it's very hard to drive down the residential street FD did and spend seven minutes off camera. The AA also never mentions which street he turned back onto Albany from, so it will be interesting to find that out since many of those side streets between Albany and Homestead are one-way and don't connect.

The multiple trips between JC and MS is definitely interesting. The state is presenting their case in a very start-to-finish narrative that I wonder if certain evidence won't be entered until later on, even if it pertains to earlier. For example, if there is evidence they discovered way later that pertains to events earlier in the case, how much of it is stuff we have never been privy to? We've yet to see the bike footage or bus footage, so I'm hoping there is even more we haven't heard about yet.
Such amazing information you got on your drive through the area. Thank you! My recollection from what we heard long ago was that C4 coverage expansion was subject to funding issues so I wonder if the area you saw might not have been covered?

One of the news stations local to Hartford (WTNH Channel 8) did a special report explaining the C4 system and I remember thinking it was truly an amazing tool for law enforcement and improvement of public safety in a sadly crime ridden city.

I think this is the link to the Facebook Live interview with someone from the Unit explaining what they do to the Reporter from Channel 8 (its quite interesting and obviously something neither FD nor MT knew about!): Facebook Live Q&A: Hartford Police Department C4 Unit on Web Intelligence | [FACEBOOK LIVE Q&A] We’re sitting down with Sergeant O’Hare of the Hartford Police CT C4 Unit. He heads up the unit for web intelligence, analytics and... | By WTNH News 8 | Facebook

Monday, January 22nd:
*Trial continues (Day 7) (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague. Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered yet. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
The declaration of death for Jennifer was officially issued by Judge William P. Osterndorf on October 24, 2023.
Jury Selection began on 10/4/23 & ended 10/26/23. Started off with 6 jurors & 4 alternates. (6 men & 4 women). As of 1/4/24 2 more jurors were excused. 1/4/24: 6 jurors & 2 alternates. (4 men & 4 women). 1/10/24: 6 jurors & 5 alternates (no idea of gender).
Jury Selection (2nd one) began on 1/9/24 & ended on 1/10/24. 1 alternate juror (male) dismissed (1/17/24). 6 jurors & 4 alternates. 1/18/24: 1 juror was dismissed. Now 6 jurors & 3 alternates.
Trial began on 1/11/24. (will last about a month to 3/1/24)
Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial. Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Supervisory assistant State’s attorney Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.

Bond info & Court info from 6 3/19 thru 12/6/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-11 (10/4-10/26/23) & thru 1/4/24 & 2nd Jury Selection Day 1-2 (1/9 & 1/10/24) & Trial Day 1-5 (1/11-1/18/24) reference post #306 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-58.701181/page-16

1/19/24 Friday, Trial Day 6: Brief arguments from Schoenhorn & Supervisory Assistant Stat's Attorney Michelle Manning about testimony expected from a state police blood pattern analysis expert. Prior to testimony resuming Friday, the judge said he had been given an unsigned note by a marshal indicating a possible jury issue. "One of the jurors discussed something about the case & it was all over social media," Randolph quoted the note as saying. "Said it was like 'Gone Girl.' A brief mention, several other jurors said 'Don’t discuss this.'" The judge then broke to speak with the prosecutors & Troconis' lawyers in his chambers. The judge re-reading the note into the record, saying that though it was unsigned, it had been authored by one of the jurors & identified another juror by name. Randolph said he intended to question the juror who wrote the note, allowing the lawyers to ask questions through him about it. The judge said he then would talk to the juror who was identified in the note concerning communications they had with other jurors. The questioning of the juror would take place on the record, the judge said, but without audio or video being broadcast & closed the courtroom just after 11am. After closing the courtroom for about 45 minutes to question jurors, Judge Kevin Randolph said he dismissed one juror who had reportedly made a reference to "Gone Girl," a 2012 novel subsequently made into a film about a woman in a troubled marriage faking her own death. After dismissing the juror, the judge said he then asked each other juror whether they could continue to be objective. "Without exception, every juror indicated that they would be able to afford the state & the defense a fair & impartial trial," Randolph said. There are now a total of nine jurors & alternates, after an alternate juror was dismissed on Wednesday.
State's witnesses: Kristen Madel, an analyst with the State forensic science lab back on stand for cross exam. Lt. Col. Mark Davison of the Connecticut State Police, blood pattern analysis. Sgt. Kenneth Ventresca of the Connecticut State Police re evidence from Fotis Dulos' cellphone & checked on surveillance cameras & will return to stand on Monday.
For more info see post #425 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-58.701181/page-22
Trial continues on Monday, 1/22/24.

Last edited:
Long post incoming:

So for everything we know about what happened on the Albany Odyssey, there's time missing (as well as evidence that we know of). I figured I wanted to give everyone a little more info on the area before it's discussed this week and a mild refresher.
View attachment 476556
Above is the map of where FD & MT disposed of evidence that day according the the AA. At 7:32 PM, 5/24/19, FD's Raptor is seen taking a right from Albany Ave onto Milford Street (right near the McDonald's and Walgreens that was referenced on this thread yesterday). Multiple plastic bags are seen in the bed of the truck, and the Raptor spends approximately seven minutes out of sight of cameras during this time. Looking at the map, I am genuinely surprised there was no camera coverage on Homestead Ave since it is a well traveled road. The streets between Albany and Homestead are all dense residential neighborhoods, so I have no idea where he could've went or what he did for seven minutes. The AA also doesn't tell us what street he re-emerges from to turn back onto Albany Ave at 7:39 PM. Here is a view of Milford Street that is fairly indicative of the types of streets running parallel to it.
View attachment 476565
Another side street.
View attachment 476566
Right after FD pulls back onto Albany, he stops at the corner of Garden and Albany where a drops a bag in a trash can and leans the WeatherTek mats against the building (the video we've seen). Here is the current view of the area.
View attachment 476567
Here's a side view of where FD leaned the mats.
View attachment 476570
At this point, FD continued down Albany where he eventually pulled a U-turn at Center Street. At this point, there is only one bag left in the bed of the Raptor. He stops on the corner of Albany and Green, drops the last bag, then continues back down Albany the way he came. Here is Albany and Green. You might recognize this from Friday's testimony - the white camera is still exactly where it was then.
View attachment 476572
At this point, FD and MT headed to the Starbucks that was supposedly the purpose of their trip in the first place. Keep in mind, they had to drive past this Starbucks on Albany in West Hartford to get to the area they had their Odyssey. I decided to stop by this afternoon for my chai tea just to snap a photo.
View attachment 476573
Wow! Thank you for these!!!

The most important takeaway from the alibi scripts is the purposeful omission of the Albany Avenue trash dump. Why write everything else that could give an her alibis but exclude the one event that would not?!! If she considered it to be just an innocent drive to get Starbucks why not include it? That’s what state needs to drive home in a big way! That in my opinion proves guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Such amazing information you got on your drive through the area. Thank you! My recollection from what we heard long ago was that C4 coverage expansion was subject to funding issues so I wonder if the area you saw might not have been covered?

One of the news stations local to Hartford (WTNH Channel 8) did a special report explaining the C4 system and I remember thinking it was truly an amazing tool for law enforcement and improvement of public safety in a sadly crime ridden city.

I think this is the link to the Facebook Live interview with someone from the Unit explaining what they do to the Reporter from Channel 8 (its quite interesting and obviously something neither FD nor MT knew about!): Facebook Live Q&A: Hartford Police Department C4 Unit on Web Intelligence | [FACEBOOK LIVE Q&A] We’re sitting down with Sergeant O’Hare of the Hartford Police CT C4 Unit. He heads up the unit for web intelligence, analytics and... | By WTNH News 8 | Facebook
I didn't know about it until FD found out! I'm really looking forward to seeing if they have even more footage over the next few days because even if Homestead wasn't covered by the C4 system, I find it hard to believe not a single camera was in the area.

JS is referencing the Tacoma, that Vantresta mentioned. That he didn't list other vehicles associated with FD through his employees. JS says Vantresta wouldn't have known about the Tacoma for another week.

He's objecting that Sgt Vantresta stated that Albany area is a high crime area. Says it bring racism into it.

Judge is schooling JS because JS is taking too fast, reporter cannot keep up.

JS upset, I think, with the line of questioning that supposes knowledge an investigator didn't have at the time as he is laying it out on the stand. He can't cross examine this witness on the Tacoma because it hasn't yet been introduced but the witness raised it.

Asking the judge to strike it from last week.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member