Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think the chances are that this horrific case that has now found its way onto the world stage will shed some light onto the way this family court has been operating and that things will change?
I said that to my husband on Friday. Suspecting and hoping that this sad case will spark a national conversation about what constitutes abuse and the need to provide a better safety net for women who don't have the means of a JD.

There are lots of ways that abusers keep tabs on their victims. Plus he had a PI, so he could have known her schedule that way. He could have stuck one of those little tracking devices on her car. Or if the 13-year-old had a phone, he could have put something on the kid's phone. It's more common than you think.

I think FD was feeling the pressure of everything and went to JD’s New Cannan rental having knowledge of one sure thing on her schedule... the time she left to bring the kids to school. He might’ve already been there before she left to bring kids to school. Most people park the cars in the garage overnight not during the day...( as a SAHM you’re always on the run doing errands.) The moment she backed out of the driveway and hit the garage button, he entered before the garage shut. When she came back, he was already in the house waiting for her. Garage is an easy point of entry. Maybe he hit her with some object first to knock her out (causing the detected blood spray) so he could restrain her. One thing I feel sure about is JDs car was planted at Waverny Park to misguide LE/searchers and create a backdrop of a mom lost or abducted while running which she was known to do according to her blog.

I said that to my husband on Friday. Suspecting and hoping that this sad case will spark a national conversation about what constitutes abuse and the need to provide a better safety net for women who don't have the means of a JD.
I suspect that as long as money and influence are in the picture, things will not change or will change so slowly that we will not see it in our lifetime. I am sure this case would not be receiving the coverage it is if it were not for money, influence, social status, wealthy towns involved and the total soap opera tone to it. And, I live in Hartford.

There are lots of ways that abusers keep tabs on their victims. Plus he had a PI, so he could have known her schedule that way. He could have stuck one of those little tracking devices on her car. Or if the 13-year-old had a phone, he could have put something on the kid's phone. It's more common than you think.
I know about all of the apps and tracking devices (I’m a former investigator and also a parent) but I mention that because it was a sure thing without leaving a digital footprint for LE.

I know about all of the apps and tracking devices (I’m a former investigator and also a parent) but I mention that because it was a sure thing without leaving a digital footprint for LE.
I wonder if either of the 13 year olds had a phone with a FindFriends or something similiar on it, activated by the dad.

Jennifer Dulos: Missing Connecticut mom had told officials she was afraid of her husband - CNN
Snipped - I missed this info
One friend last had contact with her earlier in the day, after Dulos dropped her children off at school, police said. The children are safe and well cared for, family spokeswoman Carrie Luft said.

Dulos' friends reported her missing about 7 p.m. that day, saying they hadn't heard from her in 10 hours and that she had missed several appointments.

So 10 hours ? That would put contact with the friend referenced above at around 9am ? After the drop off and before the 11am appt? Also since he had a gun at one time (surrendered during divorce I read ) isn’t it likely he had another he didn’t report? He may have used this IMO

I wonder when exactly the cops started following him? I'm guessing they were looking for her phone/purse/keys/wallet in trashcans in Hartford. I think I read that they saw him on a camera in that area and that's how they tracked him there, which means he was able to dispose of her stuff before they started following him. Makes me wonder if he was stupid enough to leave her phone turned on and drive all the way to Hartford with it. Which would give them a general idea of where the phone was, if it was pinging cellphone towers in Hartford.

Someone theorized that he got inside the house because one of the older children gave him the code. A lot houses have codes now instead of keys. He would have needed an alarm code, too.
Or, even simpler - maybe she let him inside. She didn't have a restraining order that I could see from the court records. Maybe he was acting nice and she let her guard down. It happens all the time. I feel like maybe she was more worried he would take the kids out of the country than actually physically hurt her. Those motions where she spoke about worrying for her safety were filed two years ago. Maybe a part of her thought his aggressiveness was all talk.

I do think the thing that triggered him was her shining a light on his sketchy finances recently.

All opinions.
He did more than just threaten her in the past. Once he allowed his children to drive a car and another time he deliberately swerved towards her when their cars met on a road. He had no business being at her house that Friday, so she would expect nothing good from him. I doubt she let him in voluntarily.

Just drove by Mountain Spring Road, hard to get a great look but didn’t look like too much was going on besides a news truck out front. Very surprised to see his company has 3 other for sale signs on that same street (wooded lots). There is so much acreage (and woods) around here he’s associated with and it’s all spread out. Scary.

I wonder if either of the 13 year olds had a phone with a FindFriends or something similiar on it, activated by the dad.
Great point but JD knew FD was a threat and feared for her and her children’s lives. I don’t think she would allow location to be shared with him. My kids have an app installed on their phones that allows me to control what websites they visit, apps, phone settings, usage, etc. They cannot share their location with just anyone or any app. I control that. In JDs blog she mentioned controlling what they watched on TV, I’d think she’d have the same guidelines with a cell phone if they did have one.

I wonder when exactly the cops started following him? I'm guessing they were looking for her phone/purse/keys/wallet in trashcans in Hartford. I think I read that they saw him on a camera in that area and that's how they tracked him there, which means he was able to dispose of her stuff before they started following him. Makes me wonder if he was stupid enough to leave her phone turned on and drive all the way to Hartford with it. Which would give them a general idea of where the phone was, if it was pinging cellphone towers in Hartford.
I think they tracked him there to that sewer and then requested the surveillance from the bakery.

Info coming out of NC jail says MT is refusing her meals.

To Afitzy- Yes FD has an Instagram account and interestingly he
follows MT's baby daddy's IG. Weird dynamics here.

MT's momma lives in South Florida, studied psychology and is
a counselor and had her license suspended a few years ago for
receiving kickbacks.

You would think in that neighborhood some homes would have security cameras facing the street...I wonder if that's the case and if LE saw anything.

I don't specifically know that neighborhood, but if it's anything like the other wealthy sections of Connecticut, I'd assume the houses are far back from the road with decent coverage from sight.

If he knocked on her door, wouldn't she check first who was there? I doubt she would open the door if she knew it was him. She was terrified of him.
I agree that he must have been hiding and waiting. Did she notice any strange cars parked nearby? It's not a busy street. Maybe he was dropped off by an accomplice.
Yes, but remember the latest judge on the case had changed the visitation order to allow him to have the children for Memorial day weekend. He could have come early to pick up all their gear or to discuss the situation with JD. A discussion could have easily escalated into something violent (testimony about STBX being a hothead and easily excitable over nothing in Hartford Courant article yesterday). We saw no damage to the front door and no broken windows to the JD NC rental house.

receiving kickbacks.
WOW! Thanks. This all just keeps getting stranger and stranger. Wonder what mistress immigration legal status is as it sounds like both her parents are working 'professionals' in Miami. She is listed as Manager of Fore Group and I wonder if that is because she needed to be employed to stay in the US. Just speculation as I have zero specific knowledge about her status and I haven't read that the media have reported on it either. But I am sure it will be discussed in court at some point.

receiving kickbacks.
There are pictures of MT and FD having dinner with friends and the MTs ex is at the table
Also pics of the 3 of them with her daughter at her races and trials

But as we all know from Adnan Syed’s case...cell phone tower pings can often be unreliable :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse