Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Sad but true in CT and many other states as well.

The other issue that keeps being brought up here and other cases is use of Silver Alert in missing cases for adults. I wish LE had other options to broadcast alerts for non minor young adults and adults of sound mind and body (Amber Alert is very specific tool for LE). While we don't know exactly in the JD case how the use of Silver Alert was justified by LE, the reality is that the use of the Silver Alert helped raise awareness of the case early and quickly which is so impt in missing cases in my experience. In other states the Silver Alert sadly would not have been used is my guess. I will be following this case to see if an explanation for the use of the Silver Alert is ever provided and if its not I will follow up with NCPD and see if they will respond after the furor of this case dies down and report back at some point with any info.

The sad reality in most states is that broadcasting about the missing case becomes the responsibility of grieving family and friends and LE is not there in most cases to assist unless they have a particularly helpful press officer or missing officer designated in the department. Its heartbreaking to meet parents of missing teens in particular who learn the hard way the most LE departments aren't set up to assist with the process of broadcasting about missing cases. WS has some great resources on this site to help people whose loved ones go missing and there are non profits that work with the families of missing people. But the first 2 days after a missing event are so crucial to the outcome of the case usually and unfortunately this is the period that families who are unfamiliar with the process are scrambling and floundering to figure out what to do. Sadly the families of missing people are preyed upon by unscrupulous people seeking money to help their cases and its hard for families to know who to trust.

For my money and until some other system is in place for missing cases, I'd prefer to have people annoyed about getting a Silver Alert on their phone than the alternative of no broadcast message about a missing person.
I live about a mile from New Canaan, and I didn't get a Silver Alert on my phone. I do recall seeing an article in my local paper immediately after she disappeared. But the photo was very different than the ones that have been in circulation since. She looked very Latina in the earliest photo - I wonder how/why that one was even originally picked up.

And what type of woman gets involved with a man who has 5 children and has been going through a 2 year ongoing contentious custody battle and divorce proceedings? PLUS, bring another inocent child into the mix? Plus, allegedly be involved at least to the extent of being charged when he is charged? Does she really think, oh he's such a great guy and treats me so good, that I have no worries of ever having any problems with him? There's no way I may go missing too if our relationship goes south?

Well, she was one of the reasons for the divorce. And yes, she must think that Jennifer was the problem and not him.

Not sure if all schools public or private in CT had a half day that Friday but my son did
Maybe the nanny picked them up took them home and saw something amiss couldn’t reach JD and called Grandma
And JD has 3 cars in her name maybe the nanny drove the Range Rover
Nope. My husband is a teacher in CT. He didn't have a half day.

Just my experience with renting cars....

Most rental cars have little barcode stickers on the windshield, the rear window, and at least one side window.

Rental cars will almost never have any dealer markings. This is because rental car companies deal directly with automakers.

Luxury car rentals might be the exception since those could be a one off from a local dealership.

In areas with toll roads, rental cars will have the white/beige square plastic box (transponder) that adds the toll costs. Usually mounted to the right of the rear view mirror.

And I’ve seen some rental cars with the no smoking warning sticker on the outside of driver side window and inside posted on the glove box.

The second picture is used by Avis/Budget.
Slightly off topic, but just wanted to say - comments like this are why this place is so great. That was a lot of good information shared! Thank you.

more LE leaks from inside a police department-
police say FD and MT caught on video throwing out garbage bags
at various dumpsters.

FD was previously married to a young (42) attorney who he worked with at Ernst and Young, NYC.

Neighbor says there are 5 police cars at FD's home on Jefferson
Crossing this morning, still searching.

JD's blogs from 2012 are still viewable on Patch- Avon
Shows her to be a very kind, loving wife and mother

She would need to seat six people. My car is tiny and seats 5. No boosters would be needed since the kids are over age 8. In an emergency, she could have just squeezed 4 into the backseat (two in one seat belt), which is how I traveled everywhere in the 80s.

It would be tight, but I could transport 5 kids in my tiny car if I needed to.
Actually, in CT, your child has to be 8 AND over 6 pounds to not need a booster seat, so who knows. TBF though, I've seen much more egregious violations of that law than an 8 year old not being in a booster, and these were VERY extenuating circumstances.

If the nanny picked them up from school and brought them to New York City, what car did she use, her own? It isn't very likely that a nanny is owning and driving a big SUV, is it? If she used her own car, how did she get five children into the car with enough seat belts to go around (excuse the pun)? How long after she picked them up from school did she leave for NYC and did she leave straight away or go back to the house to pack some things.
Maybe the nanny transported the kids to NYC on the train? Though I guess she had to have some way to get them to the train station.

It's also possible she had access to a big enough car as part of the job. IDK.

jmo

snipped and BBM - for the timeline

The battle for custody of the children continued this week when a lawyer for Fotis Dulos urged a judge to give his client custody of the children, which he said were at Jennifer Dulos's mother's New York City apartment with armed guard. A hearing scheduled Wednesday on the issue of custody was canceled.

The five Dulos children were set to spend Memorial Day Weekend with their father, according to a relaxed visitation schedule a judge issued in March.

In a March 20 ruling, Judge Donna Heller changed what had been extremely limited access to the children for Fotis Dulos allowing him every-other-weekend visits to the home in Farmington where they grew up. The judge changed the schedule even though she previously had called Fotis Dulos "a liar who willingly ignored court orders" by allowing his Argentinian paramour access to his five children, despite a court order explicitly ordering him not to do that.

After several contentious months of hearings, and with reports from therapists and the guardian ad litem, Heller ruled Fotis Dulos could have supervised visitation rights with his children that included having the kids every other weekend starting at the end of March. He was allowed to spend seven hours with the children in Fairfield County on Saturdays and six hours with them in Hartford County on Sundays including at his Farmington home on Jefferson Crossing.

"The court finds it is in the children's best interests that they have regular supervised parenting time with the defendant every other weekend," Heller said.

Search for New Canaan mother Jennifer Farber Dulos continues as police obtain warrant to search husband’s Farmington home

Maybe the nanny transported the kids to NYC on the train? Though I guess she had to have some way to get them to the train station.

It's also possible she had access to a big enough car as part of the job. IDK.

jmo
someone posted up thread JD owned 3 cars - one a range rover - I would think JD provided a vehicle to the nanny as I'm sure transporting the kids was part of the job and she would want it done safely - my bet is Nanny was driving a JD owned SUV type vehicle IMO

someone posted up thread JD owned 3 cars - one a range rover - I would think JD provided a vehicle to the nanny as I'm sure transporting the kids was part of the job and she would want it done safely - my bet is Nanny was driving a JD owned SUV type vehicle IMO
I posted that and one of the cars is a Land Rover and you can have a third row put in that and the other car was a Porsche
the one that is missing was registered in both
names FD and JD

• Michelle Troconis, the girlfriend of Fotis Dulos, who is also charged with hindering prosecution and tampering with evidence is being represented by Westport Attorney Andrew Bowman. Her parents are in courthouse awaiting her arraignment.

Carmen Chau (@CChauFOX61) | Twitter
no new tweets yet

Re: Visitation - I recall the Judge recently relaxing the visitation schedule at the end of March but I did not think it was unsupervised - My recollection is that it was still Saturday/Sunday for a set number of hours and supervised - I will go hunt up that article unless someone has it handy? I think this is an important point IMO

Wasn't it 7 hours on Saturday, and 6 hours on Sunday?

Ironically, he could have still have been involved with disposing of her and the evidence and couldn't make the pick up from school. But, I seem to remember that visits and then exchanges were made in public places.
This. My parents always met at public places, as have every other divorced couple that weren't on good terms that I know. I would assume it would be part of the custody agreement in this case. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste