GUILTY CT - Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, & 2 daughters killed in home invasion, 23 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have no idea why the trial start was delayed. I'm sure someone here knows what the court's reason was, but I never heard it. The jury was actually selected months ago. And I agree, it seems crazy to wait. The chance of contamination, tampering, illness, etc seems awful high.

http://www.cheshireherald.com/node/4553

this defence team will be more aggressive at trial, well it is what was to be expected as they have gone all out to ensure his legal rights are being adhered to, and in filing motion after to motion to ensure that all and any legal objections are on the record

I have no doubt they will be a searching and aggresive cross of Dr Petit, it is not as if he has not been forewarned of what Komisarjevsky thinks of him, or that the defence team has had some things to say about him which have been barbed

I'm unlcear as to what the defense is asking. Are they wanting to withhold the address of these witnesses, or their identities. And is this withholding this information from the state or withholding it from the public?

I'm unlcear as to what the defense is asking. Are they wanting to withhold the address of these witnesses, or their identities. And is this withholding this information from the state or withholding it from the public?

they wish to withhold it from prosecution, the prosecution know the names of the witnesses but not there addresses, the identity of the defence witnesses is already prohibited from becoming public by a court order,

many of the defence witnesses who may be used at the sentencing phase are leery about there identities becoming public, this was an horrific crime and anybody who is going to come to court to ask for his life to be spared may feel that they may receive abuse from some who believe that he has no redeemable qualities, I think I may have read that some of the defence witnesses from Hayes trial may have received some threats or abuse,

Joe, as i re-read that article that was what I garnered as well. Just wasn't sure if the reporter was correct or not. It seems odd. Once the state has the names, getting the address is no problem, so I dont see the point. I guess if i was the presecutor, i wouldn't even object.

I can't remember what witnesses there were in the Hayes trial on his behalf.

http://www.galesburg.com/

pre trial hearing, jury will not be sequestered, if anybody find any twitter accounts that will be tweeting from the trial could they post them, there were quite a few that tweeted the Hayes trial

Justice is on it's way...one last time you have to go through this Mr. Petit - this defendant coward just needs to face what he's done and you are making him do that instead of allowing him to hide in prison with a plea. The jurors are brave too - some on the first jury say they are still having trouble handling the images they had to see.

http://www.galesburg.com/

pre trial hearing, jury will not be sequestered, if anybody find any twitter accounts that will be tweeting from the trial could they post them, there were quite a few that tweeted the Hayes trial

:twocents: Just a few EXCELLENT ones:
and...btw this is THE local news station (transmitting just a block away from the court! BUT NOT TV IN THE COURTROOM) http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/final-motions-before-komisarjevsky-trial
LOCAL Fox news reporter: @GeorgeColli

The LOCAL station (ABC affiliate): @WTNH, "better" twitter addy: @News8Now

Great newspaper(Meriden Record Journal)coverage: @CConnBiz

Other great newspaper http://komisarjevskytrial.blogspot.com/(NHRegister):@LutherTurmelle, LIVE updates:mad:nhrlive

name speaks for itself!: @ctnewsjunkie
and of course, #komis , #Komisarjevsky

There are other TV stations covering the trial & Tweeting" but these are a starting point. :seeya:

Justice is on it's way...one last time you have to go through this Mr. Petit - this defendant coward just needs to face what he's done and you are making him do that instead of allowing him to hide in prison with a plea. The jurors are brave too - some on the first jury say they are still having trouble handling the images they had to see.

by insisting on going for the DP Dr Petit and the state are ensuring neither Hayes or Komisarjevsky is going away anytime soon, Hayes already has the DP and with that goes a lot of state money to aid him in his automatic right of appeal, all his attys need to find is a technical error that another judge feels affected the trial and he gets an appeal and back we go to another trial, it will be very hard to find reversible error but they have time and money to keep looking for one,

same goes for Komisarjevsky if he gets the DP,

by taking a plea the state could have included in the agreement that both gave up there rights of appeal, that they serve LWOP and that they have no access to the media and can never give interviews ever

I expect Komisarjevsky will once convicted give interviews to the media for a long time to come, he has only been kept quiet because of the gag order in place, once the trial is done and dusted he will be free to speak to whom he chooses and to have in placed in the public domain, he has shown he wishes to communicate with the media by his original letter writing to an author pre his attys and the gag order shutting him up,

he has shown he will continue to taunt and attack Dr Petits character and that will not stop

a plea would have ensured he was silenced forever,

http://www.cheshireherald.com/node/4553

this defence team will be more aggressive at trial, well it is what was to be expected as they have gone all out to ensure his legal rights are being adhered to, and in filing motion after to motion to ensure that all and any legal objections are on the record

I have no doubt they will be a searching and aggresive cross of Dr Petit, it is not as if he has not been forewarned of what Komisarjevsky thinks of him, or that the defence team has had some things to say about him which have been barbed

What do you feel they have to be aggressive about regarding Dr. Petit?

http://www.pattisblog.com/index.php..._Thrill_of_the_Kill_in_New_Haven_4094&limit=2

interesting blog, I find myself agreeing with this blogger on many issues

Yes, quite interesting. It has crossed my mind that JK may be the one who escapes the DP. If the defense can present him as an abused man-child who was drawn into a horrific murder by SH, the jury may just find something in JK to have sympathy for. (Factor in that JK looks the part whereas SH looks the part of the career criminal, and it just might stick.) Very good read. Thanks for sharing.

A lot of people were reared in abusive, not perfect households. My own fahter had a horrific temper and verbally and physically abused my mom. I used to pray for her to divorce him. But, when he was in his good moods he was a terrific dad---I was daddy's girl. But, I learned my responsibilities early--studied hard and became a physician. I will never feel sorry for this perp. He killed 3 people and molested an innocent 11 year old child. Its really classic that many of these " animals " do such horrendous things to their victims but, when they are faced with the DP they claim the other guy did it--not me. They turn into sniveling, groveling victims of a horrific childhood. They dont deserve the DP!!! Well, JK you should have thought about it before you committed this atrocious crime!! I have not one iota of sympathy for this monster. My sympathy lies with the victims!!!!!

Yes, quite interesting. It has crossed my mind that JK may be the one who escapes the DP. If the defense can present him as an abused man-child who was drawn into a horrific murder by SH, the jury may just find something in JK to have sympathy for. (Factor in that JK looks the part whereas SH looks the part of the career criminal, and it just might stick.) Very good read. Thanks for sharing.

Interesting article. He could as well come across as the ring leader no matter what his upbringing was. As long as he never sees the light of day again

Interesting article. He could as well come across as the ring leader no matter what his upbringing was. As long as he never sees the light of day again

It's my opinion that JK is the ring leader. (JMHO, MOO, OMO, etc.) But I do think that his trial will be completely different and his lawyer just might have a shot at getting him LWOP. Hang on folks, I think it's going to be a bumpy ride. Probably a lot worse than SH's trial, which I know seems impossible. I'm going to need a full box of kleenex within reach at all times.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouTanner
Back