GUILTY CT - Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, & 2 daughters killed in home invasion, 23 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Even if those plea agreements are constitutional, what incentive does JK have to actually follow it? He knows they wouldnt retrial him. No, the state has no desire to enter into that kind of agreement.

BBM/U :twocents: While NOT verbatim, the conversation between Dr. Petit & Mike Dearington was basically: we (SAO) believe that THIS is a case that deserves the DP, after all, we HAVE the DP for especially heinous crimes. Given that explanation and the support & strength of others within the extended Hawke-Petit families & understanding the ramifications of the personal impact of a trial, THAT's when/why William Petit, Jr. M.D. chose & agreed to stand with the State. Undercurrent talk within the statewide prosecuting legal community(& LEOs throughout the State wanted this also) was to go for the DP no matter what!
The essence of the "talk" between Dearington & Petit was published in the MSM AGES ago (sorry, no accessible link) and :twocents: the other comment is "scuttlebutt" (from DH "sources" & personal conversations).:innocent:

Is there a live stream or tweets by someone in the courtroom?

NO tv coverage but here's one of the best tweets #komis

I posted others earlier.

On the stand NOW: neighbor who assisted Dr. Petit

:rocker: Day ONE over! This is going to be an interesting ride, hope I have to testify in another case SOON in New Haven 'cause then I can "sneak" in to 6A.

Thus far seems that the defense plans on taking the "other guy did it ALL, almost all, he was the leader" and also going with the "cops caused the fatalities 'cause they were pussy-footing around and didn't rush the burning building"....HMMMMMMMM last time I checked, FIREFIGHTERS were the ones "rushing into" burning buildings! BTW: the first cops DID try to get deeper into the house but the flames/fire blocked access!

:seeya: PSA announcement: First rule of first responders is to stay ALIVE & ABLE 'cause nobody else needs to rescue the rescuers! (I :innocent: did paraphrase that just a bit!) :seeya:

IMO in view of the evidence Joshua Komisarjevsky is by far the more twisted and dangerous of the two offenders. I would be far more concerned if Joshua Komisarjevsky was out on the loose than if Hayes was out loose. Not that I want either one out on the loose. Between the two I would wager it's Komisarjevsky who is the sadistic one. And I believe Komisarjevsky's motive for the crime was not money but was the sexual assault on Michaela. It was Komisarjevsky who saw Michaela and her mother at a supermarket. I think once he saw her that sparked the motive for the entire crime.

IMO in view of the evidence Joshua Komisarjevsky is by far the more twisted and dangerous of the two offenders. I would be far more concerned if Joshua Komisarjevsky was out on the loose than if Hayes was out loose. Not that I want either one out on the loose. Between the two I would wager it's Komisarjevsky who is the sadistic one. And I believe Komisarjevsky's motive for the crime was not money but was the sexual assault on Michaela. It was Komisarjevsky who saw Michaela and her mother at a supermarket. I think once he saw her that sparked the motive for the entire crime.

There is no question that it was JK that targeted the family. The journal that he wrote is going to be a tough hurlde for JK to get passed. Its going to be interesting to see how the defense maintains the "Hayes was the leader" defense when it was JK that targeted the family, that beat Dr. Petit with the bat, and that assaulted the youngest daughter. Furthermore, the texts before the crime clearly indicate that Hayes was following JK's lead.

Dr. Petit is now on the stand. Talking about his home and neighborhood.

Can you image falling asleep, in your own home, and waking up to someone beating you with a baseball bat?

Dr. Petit now describing when SH and JK attacked him, threatened to kill him ("put a bullet in him") if he moved.

He said Komisarjevsky was 'stunned' and quoted from his confession to police that he told Hayes: 'I'm not killing anyone. No one is dying by my hand today.'
Bansley also said that, during his confession to police, Komisarjevsky had said: 'I can't imagine being burned alive. They did what they were supposed to do. … There was no reason for them to die.'
(http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ifer-Hawke-Petit-daughters.html#ixzz1YVFc3Ijd)

This is same person who called the beaten and bound Dr. Petit a coward. Yet he, unbeaten, unbound, and knowing Hayes had no weapons, did nothing to save them? His sufferance must've been unbearable. Komisarjevsky was the humane one. Caylee Anthony drowned. The glove didn't fit. Each is as innocent as the other.

Thanks to those offering links and other resourses, and updating. Appreciated.

Dr. Petit could hear his wife upstairs being told that if "they" got the money then nobody would get hurt. Good grief they'd already raped the mother and daughter, and beat the father with a baseball bat, what the hell is their idea of not getting "hurt"!

Dr Petit was not cross examined in Hayes trial, defence attorney Donovan is going to cross examine him during this trial

Jury is out of the room. Defense is objecting to two photographs showing Dr. Petit's head injuries.

Jury returns. Will see photos.

Is anyone else getting queasy at the idea of Dr. Petit being cross-examined? The defense will need to walk a very thin line or else they'll do more harm than good for their client.

So far, the afternoon testimony has been from cops and first responders. Defense has tried to push the theory that the cops accelerated the fire by breaking windows, etc.

My blood pressure rises when I read Donavan's cross. Didn't think I'd find someone who overshadows Geragos.

My blood pressure rises when I read Donavan's cross. Didn't think I'd find someone who overshadows Geragos.

I didnt get a chance to follow the testimony today really. I understand the cross of Dr. Petit was pretty limited and tame. What happened in the afternoon?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back