GUILTY CT - Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, & 2 daughters killed in home invasion, 23 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone remember? Which of the two came running out of the burning house last?

Komisarjevsky was out first and got into the drivers seat, from his statement it seems he saw the cop who was round the back of the house, the cop who was first on the scene and was requesting permission to gain access to the house, and it seems from his statement he realised that more cops were on the scene, he intended to attempt to flee or die trying as he knew he would either be dead or in prison for the rest of his life, from his statement he did see Hayes light the match ans saw the huge whoosh as the fire took hold

Hayes came running out and got in the passenger side, I have read somewhere that he had one of the girls caps on his head when arrested

I don't begrudge Komisarjevsky or Hayes the right to Counsel. It is absolutely their constitutional right. That's not what gets the public up in arms.

But standing in open Court and referring to the victims family as a the "Petit posse" is not necessary. Nor is it considered professional. It is possible for Donovan to zealously defend his client but do so in a manner that is both respectful and compassionate to the victims in this case. Donovan has yet to demonstrate that ability.

If Donovan could demonstrate that ability then he might find he would suffer from much less backlash and bricks through his office. Not that I condone such violence.

But as the saying goes, you make your bed ....

well for me it doesn't matter what one says that is no excuse for anybody to throw bricks through windows, the defence team is zealously trying to save a man from death row, if there choice of words is considered disrespectful by some then that is there problem,

I hope LE find the brick thrower and prosecute them to the full extent of the law

day off today, not sure if the judge granted the defence team a 4 day trial, so they could continue with there other clients as they are in private practice

Previously scheduled situation......just like the partial day in court Thursday.

:twocents: Monday should be very interesting! Emotional reactions from the tape HAVE NOT declined but are more "under control" within the local media folks' commentaries.

well for me it doesn't matter what one says that is no excuse for anybody to throw bricks through windows, the defence team is zealously trying to save a man from death row, if there choice of words is considered disrespectful by some then that is there problem,

I hope LE find the brick thrower and prosecute them to the full extent of the law

You might feel differently if it was your loved ones raped, tortured, and left to burn alive. I think if you were in the shoes of Dr. Petit you may feel that the reference as a "Posse" is a slap in the face considering he did nothing wrong and was in his own home when the real posse broke into his family to rob, rape, torture and burn them alive.

I still maintain that it's not the Petits problem that they found it offensive. And I still maintain Donovan can still zealously defend JK without adding insult to injury. He's allowing his client the opportunity to witness his counsel continually sucker punch Dr Petit it's another way for JK to sadistically enjoy watching his continued pain.

Donovan is being intentionally insensitive and controversial not for his client but to keep his name in the paper. Which is fine but I take issue to it when it adds even more pain to Dr. Petit.

I think Hayes might have had that ball cap on when he went for gas. Iirc, he had a hoodie on with a ball cap under it.

If there's forensic evidence that there was gas on Komisarjevsky's clothing (which I seem to recall there was) then I think he's toast.

BBM/U :rocker: Those underlined sentiments are what I believe also, however I do not concur that the choice of words used by the defense counsel is innocuous. THEIR choice of terminology/words is exactly that, owned by them, and to that those uttering such MUST face the backlash from those finding it offensive BUT the backlash MUST be within the law.
:twocents: :innocent: :twocents: Common decency per se is NOT so common within a court of law, at least as I've observed lately. :banghead:

I think Hayes might have had that ball cap on when he went for gas. Iirc, he had a hoodie on with a ball cap under it.

If there's forensic evidence that there was gas on Komisarjevsky's clothing (which I seem to recall there was) then I think he's toast.

There was and very apt analogy! :rocker::innocent: :twocents:

BBM/U :rocker: Those underlined sentiments are what I believe also, however I do not concur that the choice of words used by the defense counsel is innocuous. THEIR choice of terminology/words is exactly that, owned by them, and to that those uttering such MUST face the backlash from those finding it offensive BUT the backlash MUST be within the law.
:twocents: :innocent: :twocents: Common decency per se is NOT so common within a court of law, at least as I've observed lately. :banghead:

Correct two wrongs never make a right. It's not right to show your distain in a violent manner nor can Donovan be given a free pass to go willy nilly and be allowed to be offensive and obnoxious because he's defending JK.

http://www.courant.com/news/opinion/editorials/hc-ed-komisarjevsky-lawyers-20110920,0,2408802.story

I am in a very agreeable mood today as I fully agree with this opinion too

No one thinks innocent witnesses should be harrassed.
What are you agreeing with? That part of it, or that the public defenders aren't getting rich from this case?
They will survive, imo. I don't think this case is going to force them into bankruptcy.
The argument that they are protecting all of our rights is heard.
But, I don't feel sorry for them.

I don't understand why the comparison of two very different articles on two very different things, the blog was about the death penalty and the prosecutions intent on choosing to go for it, and the news article was about the need for defence attorneys to be not vilified for doing there jobs

both by different people with differing agendas

I happen to agree with them both, I see nothing contradictory in agreeing with two very different things,

I happen to think that the response to the hostage situation by LE was poor and the victims may have been saved if they had acted quicker,

I hope you are not blaming the responders for the deaths of these innocent victims.
"Innocent victims" purposely stated because that is what they were.
There is no difference here than someone commmitting armed robbery and not being the one to shoot. jmo

I agree with you too, I understand why the state say that Komisarjevsky was the leader of the original idea to rob the family, and that his intent was also a sexual interest in the girls, but I don't understand why they appear to think it was he who wanted to murder the family and led the poor sap Hayes into doing so, Hayes to me was more intent on murder, and burning down the house as it was he who had left his prints and DNA everywhere
I think the prosecution seeks to label JK as the leader because the evidence would tend to lean that way. The written journal portrays JK as a leader, one with a need to be in charge. The texts between JK and Hayes prior to the burglary show JK as the leader. Once Hayes left prints or DNA anywhere, JK also had reason to kill the family and burn the house. He knew if Hayes got fingered for the crime, that would immediatly lead to him too. JK was the one who entered the house first, and then beat Dr. Petit. JK was the first to resort to violence. Keep in mind the beating he delivered could easily have killed Petit. And when they made their escape, JK jumps into the driver seat. All this evidence would portray JK as the leader. The only evidence to point to Hayes as the leader is JK's self serving statement. But as most have acknowledged, it wont matter. Both are equally culpable.

I hope you are not blaming the responders for the deaths of these innocent victims.
"Innocent victims" purposely stated because that is what they were.
There is no difference here than someone commmitting armed robbery and not being the one to shoot. jmo

I am not blaming the first responders I am saying they could have saved the girls, and they may have had the opportunity to save Mrs Petit

one police officer was very close to the house when he got a radio call to go to the house, this was well before Hayes and Mrs Petit even got back from the bank, what a very different outcome we would have had if Hayes had driven up to the house with Mrs Petit to see a cop car outside

a cop was in the back yard peering into the house, Komisarjevsky saw him well before any fire was set, this cop could have made entry and prevented the fire, he did request via the radio permission to force entry to see what was going on, this was denied

there protocols that day were not flexible enough to attempt a rescue, they stuck rigidly to the rules whilst Hayes raped and strangled Mrs Petit and then set fire to the house

if one cop had said I am going in then the situation may have been very very different, if one cop had made a phone call to the house which again was requested and denied then it may have been different

there is bound to be gas on his clothes, he admits he was in the house as Hayes poured the gas and lit the match as per his statement, the important place they needed to check for gas is on the gloves he still had on when he was arrested,

there is bound to be gas on his clothes, he admits he was in the house as Hayes poured the gas and lit the match as per his statement, the important place they needed to check for gas is on the gloves he still had on when he was arrested,

I think clothing and footwear would be ample.

I am not blaming the first responders I am saying they could have saved the girls, and they may have had the opportunity to save Mrs Petit

one police officer was very close to the house when he got a radio call to go to the house, this was well before Hayes and Mrs Petit even got back from the bank, what a very different outcome we would have had if Hayes had driven up to the house with Mrs Petit to see a cop car outside

a cop was in the back yard peering into the house, Komisarjevsky saw him well before any fire was set, this cop could have made entry and prevented the fire, he did request via the radio permission to force entry to see what was going on, this was denied

there protocols that day were not flexible enough to attempt a rescue, they stuck rigidly to the rules whilst Hayes raped and strangled Mrs Petit and then set fire to the house

if one cop had said I am going in then the situation may have been very very different, if one cop had made a phone call to the house which again was requested and denied then it may have been different

You are correct there were slight bumps in the way LE responded. But the simple fact remains, the Petit women are dead solely because 2 lunatics decided to burn a family alive. I hope and pray the jury does not consider the bumps LE made that day because they simply don't matter in terms of deciding who is culpable in these horrid deaths. If they had not set the fire in The first place LE's speed in responding wouldn't matter.

It's evidence that simply doesn't matter when deciding the guilt of JK.

I think clothing and footwear would be ample.

why, if the gas is on his gloves then he handled the gas, if it is only on his clothes then he never handled the gas or lit the fire, but it got on his clothes as he admits he was present when Hayes lit the fire, they don't need evidence that he was there he has admitted it, he denies lighting the fire and gas not on his gloves would show that this is true

I think there is a huge distiction between it being on his clothes and being on his gloves for the defence, and it is an angle I hope the defence team pursue,

they need to show he was not the one who lit the fire if they have any hope of him not getting the DP

You are correct there were slight bumps in the way LE responded. But the simple fact remains, the Petit women are dead solely because 2 lunatics decided to burn a family alive. I hope and pray the jury does not consider the bumps LE made that day because they simply don't matter in terms of deciding who is culpable in these horrid deaths. If they had not set the fire in The first place LE's speed in responding wouldn't matter.

It's evidence that simply doesn't matter when deciding the guilt of JK.

I don't think it is relevant to Hayes or Komisarjevsky guilt, but I do understand why the defence is raising the issue,

Hayes ran out of the house laughing, with Hayley's rowing cap on his head...
The knit cap is shown in one of the evidence pics. I think the ball cap he wore to the bank was different. He certainly knew enough to avoid drawing attention to himself, and did not wear Hayley's cap to the bank or gas station.
He was laughing as he ran out, which is so chilling, as was his taking of the hat...a final trophy? Sick, just sick.

If we are going to rely on the gloves Komisarjevsky was wearing to have gas on them as proof that he had the gasoline, the defense will just say that Komisarjevsky put on Hayes gloves when he drove away. Of course the jury has the option whether to believe that or not. I know this defense attorney is going to try everything he can to create some kind of reasonable doubt.

Komisarjevsky didn't give the Defense much to work with. He's taking part in the entire crime and admitting to it on tape and also admits he knew the girls could not get loose, so he shuts the door.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back