GUILTY CT - Peter Manfredonia, 23, suspect in two murders with a samurai sword, Willington, May 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm trying to put together all the facts that are currently known but there is so much information that seems to be either loosely descriptive or inaccurate. I don't think he was actually seen in Scranton, PA but in nearby Duryea, PA. I think there was just one siting in Duryea, PA? Is he on foot or does he have a car? If he is on foot, where is the 2012 Santa Fe? I wish I was the type of WSer that could post maps, but since I'm not, I will say he could travel from the East Stroudburg Walmart to Duryea in about 16 hours by foot or Scranton in 14 hours walking (maybe less, he looked determined and is tall and fit in the surveillance picture). @enelram do the railroad tracks also go into Duryea?

ETA - I people discussing Allentown again. It would be so helpful to know if he had the car or was walking along the tracks. Those two things seem mutually exclusive. It would take 23 hours to walk to Allentown from Duryea, PA. It seems from the description of him "running into the woods behind the fire station in Duryea, PA" that he is walking along the rails.

neighbors near the rr tracks say PM could hide in the woods forever with all the empty hunting cabins.
RR tracks go right into Scranton.
Neighbors not surprised CT manhunt extends into their neighborhood in Lackawanna County

It seems he is staying close to the railroad tracks. Possibly waiting for one he can attempt to get on. JMO

FBI: ‘plethora of crimes’ in case of suspected killer Peter Manfredonia
Manfredonia is believed to be in the Poconos Mountains of eastern Pennsylvania

Local police in Duryea, P.A. reported a possible sighting Tuesday night of a man they said fit Manfredonia’s description behind a dumpster at a firehouse.

“fled from the area towards the wooded area and railroad tracks”

I read somewhere else that it was the Columbia, NJ rest stop on I-80 which makes so much more sense than Paterson (I live right near Paterson)
ETA - link - Columbia rest stop New search for student wanted in killings comes up empty

Police said the vehicle was located in New Jersey at the Pennsylvania border on Sunday. They did not specify an exact location.

A woman who said she was abducted by Manfredonia has been found safe in New Jersey, police said Monday. The 23-year-old woman, whose boyfriend was found shot to death Sunday at the home in Derby, Connecticut, was located at a rest stop near Paterson, New Jersey, with her 2016 Volkswagen Jetta.

Last edited:
I'm trying to put together all the facts that are currently known but there is so much information that seems to be either loosely descriptive or inaccurate. I don't think he was actually seen in Scranton, PA but in nearby Duryea, PA. I think there was just one siting in Duryea, PA? Is he on foot or does he have a car? If he is on foot, where is the 2012 Santa Fe? I wish I was the type of WSer that could post maps, but since I'm not, I will say he could travel from the East Stroudburg Walmart to Duryea in about 16 hours by foot or Scranton in 14 hours walking (maybe less, he looked determined and is tall and fit in the surveillance picture). @enelram do the railroad tracks also go into Duryea?

ETA - I people discussing Allentown again. It would be so helpful to know if he had the car or was walking along the tracks. Those two things seem mutually exclusive. It would take 23 hours to walk to Allentown from Duryea, PA. It seems from the description of him "running into the woods behind the fire station in Duryea, PA" that he is walking along the rails.

I read somewhere else that it was the Columbia, NJ rest stop on I-80 which makes so much more sense than Paterson (I live right near Paterson)
ETA - link - Columbia rest stop New search for student wanted in killings comes up empty
I thought that was odd since there are no rest stops in Paterson.

Duryea has like 20 some tracks going through
Duryea Yard, and intersection for trains coming in.
There's also tracks leading to Allentown from there.

@PSPTroopNPIO

New Tip puts MANFREDONIA in Hagerstown, Maryland. The stolen Hyundai Santa Fe WAS recovered in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. If seen, DO NOT APPROACH, HE IS CONSIDERED ARMED & DANGEROUS, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY!

Attachments

• A8F7F51C-98D3-4A11-9C6D-44C03E2D5072.jpeg
    A8F7F51C-98D3-4A11-9C6D-44C03E2D5072.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 40
If he got Uber in Stroudsburg and dropped off in Hagerstown, MD... that’s a 3-4 hr ride!!!

ETA: According to PA Police, he was Ubered from Sheetz in Chambersburg, PA to Hagerstown, MD

The stolen Hyundai Santa Fe WAS recovered in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.

Last edited:
How lucky for him that mask wearing is now so common with COVID. Still amazing that someone recognized him! With new clothes and the mask.

@PSPTroopNPIO

New Tip puts MANFREDONIA in Hagerstown, Maryland. The stolen Hyundai Santa Fe WAS recovered in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. If seen, DO NOT APPROACH, HE IS CONSIDERED ARMED & DANGEROUS, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY!

ETA- I misunderstood and thought that picture was from Maryland. I see why they would be in high alert in PA.

But why isn’t there an Uber Alert. Like an Amber Alert but for Uber drivers - “BOLO - If a big guy with a big duffle bag of guns comes up on your ride-needed feed, call 911.” This is the second time he used Uber. Hopefully there isn't another victim out there whose phone he used.

Last edited:
I was just going to say, after seeing those surveillance photos, that unfortunately one thing on his side right now is the mask-wearing. I still think he could be identified (and was, obviously), but a mask can really conceal the majority of your face and make it a lot harder to identify him, especially if he changes his clothes.

The other day as I went to the grocery store, it was hot out and my hair was a wreck, so I walked into the store wearing a baseball hat, sunglasses, and a mask (I removed my sunglasses once inside the store). But as I was walking, I was thinking that unless you knew me well, I was pretty much unrecognizable. You couldn't see any of my face with the outfit I was wearing.

I was just going to say, after seeing those surveillance photos, that unfortunately one thing on his side right now is the mask-wearing. I still think he could be identified (and was, obviously), but a mask can really conceal the majority of your face and make it a lot harder to identify him, especially if he changes his clothes.

The other day as I went to the grocery store, it was hot out and my hair was a wreck, so I walked into the store wearing a baseball hat, sunglasses, and a mask (I removed my sunglasses once inside the store). But as I was walking, I was thinking that unless you knew me well, I was pretty much unrecognizable. You couldn't see any of my face with the outfit I was wearing.
Oh yeah, I don't recognize anyone when I'm out. I don't even try anymore, I just go about my life, if someone says hi I just say it back even if I don't know who it is lol.

It might be his size, duffle bag, and odd behavior that make him recognizable. "Outsiders" often look like outsiders, and in his case, I have a feeling he doesn't blend in. Perhaps the areas are also being blasted with his photo to BOLO?

I hope they catch him before another night passes. It's scary to think he is out there, knowing what he's capable of doing.

jmo

If he got Uber in Stroudsburg and dropped off in Hagerstown, MD... that’s a 3-4 hr ride!!!

ETA: According to PA Police, he was Ubered from Sheetz in Chambersburg, PA to Hagerstown, MD

The stolen Hyundai Santa Fe WAS recovered in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.
That had to cost a pretty penny if he paid. How did he pay:cash,credit. Could be he just threatened the driver and did not pay??? JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back